Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By D-U-R-X
  • 1 Post By chrlswltrs
  • 1 Post By jhawkkw
  • 1 Post By TritonDroid
  • 5 Post By NaterTots
  • 1 Post By UBRocked
  • 3 Post By chrlswltrs
  • 1 Post By UBRocked
  • 2 Post By Fuzzy13
  • 1 Post By nj02vette
  • 1 Post By UBRocked

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy If you are not a developer, this phone is quite bad

I know I'm not the only one thinking this, but looks like I'm the only one who has the courage to admit this:

I thought that people who were calling this device a developer phone were exagerating.... Before buying it I was thinking: "Come on, those adds google put on youtube about the gnex are definitely not targeted towards developers"
I thought: "Wow a phone with stock android, future updates ensured, and those high end specs!..... Bought"

The thing is that hardware wise this device sucks.
And I'm not talking about the CPU and the ram (that's the hardware that matters for the developers, and the nexus is fast, we know it).
But i'm talking about the important hardware! The one that matters on a smartphone for normal people like me.

..as I said: I'm not trying to troll. I just want to talk with people who have my same thoughts

BUILD QUALITY: feels too cheap and it definitely doesn't give you that "built to last" feeling in your hand that Nokia or Motorola phones give you. But hey: you get a curved glass and super thin body...

ANTENNAS (GPS, WIFI, CELLULAR): while on my gsm galaxy nexus the 2g and 3g antennas are quite decent ( still not comparable to Motorolas or Nokia though) The Wi-Fi and the GPS are super weak in comparison to even low end smartphones made by Nokia Moto or Htc.

DISPLAY: worst 720p screen on a smartphone ever. First being a pentile display, ON YOUR EYES it's not a true 720p. Take a look to an IPS 720p display, THAT is sharpness. Though on paper it is 720p, so its perfect for developers who need to test apps on 720p screen. White color tone usually looks perfectly white on every phone, until you compare it to another phone side by side that has better whites. On the galaxy nexus you find yourself constantly thinking that what you are looking at, is not pure while.

SPEAKER: probably a very cheap speaker, just like all the "hidden parts" on this phone and all the hidden parts on Samsung phones in general. Don't ever compare it to a Nokia side by side or you'll cry.
(Why is the volume so lower on notifications and on YouTube? LOL Google)

VIBRATION: if you are used to the amazing vibration feedback that Nokia and HTC devices give you, hearing and feeling the galaxy nexus vibrate will be a pain. It just looks like Samsung didn't spend a penny on the vibration system on this device.
[Small story: I had a GS2 some months ago, one day I came back home and threw it on the bed, it did even had a case on... From that day the vibration became much weaker, almost nonexisting]... just for the lols

That said let's come to the part where we all agree:
Stock android is awesome and developers are probably having a much easier time working with this device
Its also really cheap now. Let's not forget that.

polonord is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 20th, 2013, 04:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Liamo_210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ireland
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,115
 
Device(s): motorola xoom 2 ME, Samsung galaxy S3 (blue), Nexus 4
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 302
Thanked 767 Times in 560 Posts
Default Re: If you are not a developer, this phone is quite bad

Mate then I would suggest a nexus 4 and you will never have these thoughts again.
__________________
If someone has helped you, hit the THANKS button.
If you just like a post for some reason, click LIKE.
If you see someone causing trouble, hit REPORT!
Liamo_210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liamo_210 For This Useful Post:
chrlswltrs (January 20th, 2013), D-U-R-X (January 20th, 2013), Petrah (January 29th, 2013)
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
turbo drinker
 
D-U-R-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Posts: 16,399
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 (Stock, rooted, 4.4.2), Nexus 7 1st Gen (Stock, rooted, 4.4.2)
Carrier: Orange

Thanks: 10,307
Thanked 6,670 Times in 4,120 Posts
Default

Couple of posts deleted...

Please, let's all keep our cool, discuss things politely and respectfully (per our Site Rules/Guidelines).

Thanks
Dmeeks90 likes this.
__________________
See something that needs Mod attention? Hit and let us know
Free online storage @ Dropbox - use my link & we both get 500MB extra (when you install Dropbox)
D-U-R-X is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to D-U-R-X For This Useful Post:
AARONONE (January 29th, 2013), An UrgeTo Dance (January 20th, 2013), Dmeeks90 (January 20th, 2013), Liamo_210 (January 20th, 2013), Rxpert83 (January 20th, 2013), scary alien (January 20th, 2013), teddyearp (January 24th, 2013), tube517 (January 21st, 2013)
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Liamo_210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ireland
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,115
 
Device(s): motorola xoom 2 ME, Samsung galaxy S3 (blue), Nexus 4
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 302
Thanked 767 Times in 560 Posts
Default Re: If you are not a developer, this phone is quite bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-U-R-X View Post
Couple of posts deleted...

Please, let's all keep our cool, discuss things politely and respectfully (per our Site Rules/Guidelines).

Thanks
Liamo_210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,367
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 2,726
Thanked 5,833 Times in 3,294 Posts
jhawkkw
Default Re: If you are not a developer, this phone is quite bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by polonord View Post
I know I'm not the only one thinking this, but looks like I'm the only one who has the courage to admit this:

I thought that people who were calling this device a developer phone were exagerating.... Before buying it I was thinking: "Come on, those adds google put on youtube about the gnex are definitely not targeted towards developers"
I thought: "Wow a phone with stock android, future updates ensured, and those high end specs!..... Bought"

The thing is that hardware wise this device sucks.
And I'm not talking about the CPU and the ram (that's the hardware that matters for the developers, and the nexus is fast, we know it).
But i'm talking about the important hardware! The one that matters on a smartphone for normal people like me.

..as I said: I'm not trying to troll. I just want to talk with people who have my same thoughts

BUILD QUALITY: feels too cheap and it definitely doesn't give you that "built to last" feeling in your hand that Nokia or Motorola phones give you. But hey: you get a curved glass and super thin body...

ANTENNAS (GPS, WIFI, CELLULAR): while on my gsm galaxy nexus the 2g and 3g antennas are quite decent ( still not comparable to Motorolas or Nokia though) The Wi-Fi and the GPS are super weak in comparison to even low end smartphones made by Nokia Moto or Htc.

DISPLAY: worst 720p screen on a smartphone ever. First being a pentile display, ON YOUR EYES it's not a true 720p. Take a look to an IPS 720p display, THAT is sharpness. Though on paper it is 720p, so its perfect for developers who need to test apps on 720p screen. White color tone usually looks perfectly white on every phone, until you compare it to another phone side by side that has better whites. On the galaxy nexus you find yourself constantly thinking that what you are looking at, is not pure while.

SPEAKER: probably a very cheap speaker, just like all the "hidden parts" on this phone and all the hidden parts on Samsung phones in general. Don't ever compare it to a Nokia side by side or you'll cry.
(Why is the volume so lower on notifications and on YouTube? LOL Google)

VIBRATION: if you are used to the amazing vibration feedback that Nokia and HTC devices give you, hearing and feeling the galaxy nexus vibrate will be a pain. It just looks like Samsung didn't spend a penny on the vibration system on this device.
[Small story: I had a GS2 some months ago, one day I came back home and threw it on the bed, it did even had a case on... From that day the vibration became much weaker, almost nonexisting]... just for the lols

That said let's come to the part where we all agree:
Stock android is awesome and developers are probably having a much easier time working with this device
Its also really cheap now. Let's not forget that.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your device. Most of the things you don't like about it seem to pretty consistent with what many people had problems with, and in general a lot of early Samsung android devices had. I actually really like the display, but then again I love the AMOLED displays. Some people like it, some people prefer the ips. It's all a matter a choice, and the beauty of android is choice.

Hopefully the rumored Motorola X phone turns out to be a real winner.
__________________
Site Rules/Guidelines / Meet the Team
If something needs attention, Report it .
If someone helped you, hit to show it.

Current Devices: Nexus 5, HP 14 Chromebook (Data Enabled), Google Glass, (2013) LTE Nexus 7, Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, (2012) WiFi Nexus 7, Asus TF700, Nexus 4
jhawkkw is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jhawkkw For This Useful Post:
GirlFriday (January 24th, 2013), Rxpert83 (January 20th, 2013)
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

I had a Nexus S and a Galaxy S2, both of which had the same antenna problems. I liked the build quality of those phones and also the Galaxy Nexus, I also liked the screen, both of those are very subjective.

Everything you are describing says that you do not like Samsung phones. It is a matter of preference. I personally don't care for them either due solely to the antenna issues (GPS is HUGE for me).

Don't give up on the Nexus brand though. The Nexus 4 is by far the best device I have ever used in every aspect.
jhawkkw likes this.
__________________
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

-Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,472
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,727
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Agree with some of what the OP said, not so much on other stuff. I think the screen looks fine, speaker is ok and the vibe works great imo being a former user of htc's even. But you need to be on custom roms where there are longer vibe options built in. Otherwise yeah, you can barely even feel it. So instead of needing to be a developer, I'd say its advantageous to be rooted and rommed. Maybe that's what the OP meant in the title idk.

I do agree about the build quality being less than ideal. Battery door is way cheap in particular. And yeah the radios are subpar. But its received awesome dev support and has been a good phone overall. I hope the Nexus brand continues to improve because for root fans, its a great way to go.
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iowabowtech For This Useful Post:
AARONONE (January 29th, 2013)
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Demache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 2,984
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE Nexus 7 32 GB - Wifi
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 93
Thanked 330 Times in 280 Posts
Default

BUILD: I'll give them a pass on this, but only because the device is so cheap for what you get otherwise.

ANTENNA: Mostly agree. If you thought the GSM ones were sub-par, you haven't tried the LTE ones (which are pretty lol-worthy).

DISPLAY: Pentile display. Pretty much all you have to say about it. You either hate it or like it seems. If anything, the GNexus, has one of the better pentile screens since it is 720p. Unless you have amazing eyesight, you shouldn't see the pixels when your holding the phone at a reasonable distance. On qHD screens, it is far worse. Its definitely noticeable on my friend's RAZR.

SPEAKER: Not horribly loud, and not exactly high quality when compared to my E63. Although this is where ROMs come in, as the volume seems to be limited in the stock firmware.

VIBRATE: Longer or pattern vibrate. Its definitely far more noticeable.
Demache is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demache For This Useful Post:
Rxpert83 (January 20th, 2013)
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: A-T-L-A-N-T-A
Posts: 7,286
 
Device(s): Nexus 5. (White 16GB)
Carrier: $60 AT&T pre paid pushing 50-60mbps

Thanks: 1,540
Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,431 Posts
Default

I'm just curious about something. And this is a serious question, not a smart ass one. The problems you mentioned could have easily been seen or heard before you bought the phone. I for one don't buy a phone unless I've had it in my hand and at least played with it. So it seems that you could have easily avoided buying the phone all together due to the issues you brought up by using the phone for 5 minutes or so. Granted, unless the place your buying from has it connected you cant test the GSM capabilities but everything else could have been found out with no connection.

Just curious is all.


My personal opinion about the phone....Being that technology is constantly changing, it's only fair to judge the phone against phones from the same time period when the Gnex came out. I for have very little issues with the Gnex. The Cons I do have are easily outweighed by the Pros. I love the display. It's much brighter and clearer than 90% of the phones that came out at the same time. The design is amazing. I do wish it was a little thicker though. This whole thin war is stupid IMO. I need something to hold on to. 2-3MM thicker would be perfect thickness for a phone IMO. Plus the fact that you get all the latest and greatest straight from the source is a huge plus and should be for any "Regular" user. All in all the Nexus is a great phone and continues to dominate even a year after it's release. Phones these days aren't meant to be kept for 5 or 6 years. The Nexus is simply a stepping stone for me. After the N4 has been out a year, I'll scoop it up and move on.
__________________
Suckaface
Fuzzy13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: O-town Florida
Posts: 817
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx HD (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 150 Times in 117 Posts
stevenrothermel@gmail.com
Default

maybe i am just not picky....but my only complaint about this phone, is the screen.
while it was AMAZING when i first got it, it has been over a year, and everything that comes out just ups this screen. i can see the grainyness, and the off whites ect. but it is only when i see a phone side by side that the screen REALLY bothers me. for most of the time, its not a huge deal.

speaker volume could be louder, but i dont watch youtube videos in loud surroundings much.

camera, i am actually happy with.

radios. i get LTE where ever i am...yeah it is usually 1 bar less than my thunderbolt was, but i still get it. Wi-fi, BT and GPS are all working fine for me. no complaints at all.

vibration...while i turn it off (except when i get a call) i find it very powerful and much better than my wifes HTC incredible 2. again, no complaints.

build quality....i have had the phone for a year, no case, no screen protector, and the phone is still9/10 condition. no creaks or anything, one light scratch on the screen that JUST happened and some minor scratches around the headphone and USB ports. i have actually been pretty pleased with my first samsung phone purchase. and i would buy again in a heart beat.
__________________
Android Junkie
Turdbogls is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 376
 
Device(s): Nexus 4,GSM GNex
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 62 Times in 49 Posts
Default

The only thing I'd agree with is the speaker, it's terrible. I think the screen is great, though the vividness is pretty artificial. And it was a $350-400 phone when many phones were $300 on-contract (Verizon Charge, Bionic, Razr were all $300 on contract initially).

Phones have obviously gotten better, but I've found no reason to upgrade mine yet.

Also, you keep making comparisons to Nokia phones. But what Nokia Android phones are there? Maybe they make the best speaker, the best antenna, etc. But if they don't put all that stuff into a phone you want to buy, who cares? Personally I have no interest in middleing hardware specs or license fees to use a Windows phone, no matter how great the speaker might be.
aurora40 is offline  
Last edited by aurora40; January 21st, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,367
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 2,726
Thanked 5,833 Times in 3,294 Posts
jhawkkw
Default Re: If you are not a developer, this phone is quite bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora40 View Post
The only thing I'd agree with is the speaker, it's terrible. I think the screen is great, though the vividness is pretty artificial. And it was a $350-400 phone when many phones were $300 on-contract (Verizon Charge, Bionic, Razr were all $300 on contract initially).

Phones have obviously gotten better, but I've found no reason to upgrade mine yet.

Also, you keep making comparisons to Nokia phones. But what Nokia Android phones are there? Maybe they make the best speaker, the best antenna, etc. But if they don't put all that stuff into a phone you want to buy, who cares? Personally I have no interest in middleing hardware specs or license fees to use a Windows phone, no matter how great the speaker might be.
I keep hoping that Nokia will swallow their pride and wise up that android is the cash cow. I really want to see what they can bring to the table because the Lumia 920 is a great device, but it just runs the wrong mobile os.
happy0506 likes this.
jhawkkw is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jhawkkw For This Useful Post:
AARONONE (January 29th, 2013)
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Resident Ninja
 
VoidedSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,153
 
Device(s): Moto X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1,280
Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,369 Posts
nick.keatts@gmail.com
Default

im not a fan of this phone anymore, i have had it about a month or so after launch, and have lost complete interest in the phone. i have romed, themed, and modded, find other issues where it ticked me off and i went back to stock about 2 months ago, and now do not have many issues aside from the horrible reception the phone will get in some areas of my house. as well as in general period where my gf has great reception with her bionic... moto quality is indeed the best. and i believe i will ultimately get a moto device next and may shy away from these unlocked devices as they are becoming scarcer each and every month.... (most companies are now going with that locked down approach... thank you moto) so ultimately it will not bother me as much.

but i can understand the OP's concerns however i love the screen on this phone. absolutely amazing at times. speaker wise... unless you mod then it is crap.

all in all this phone has issues, but then again almost all of them do.
VoidedSaint is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,367
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 2,726
Thanked 5,833 Times in 3,294 Posts
jhawkkw
Default

If you don't mind paying full retail, Moto's last two phones (Razr M & Razr HD) have developer editions that you can buy and unlock the bootloader on. Though I honestly don't know how much developer love there is for them.
jhawkkw is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 15
 
Device(s): Galaxy nexus, nexus 10
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I agree about the speaker being low I have had this since the day it came out like another poster said you have to compare this phone to the phones that came out at the same time period. To the OP all the issues you were talking about would have popped up within a week of using it you could have exchanged it for something or sold it on ebay or craigslist a long time ago
darkodroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy13 View Post
I'm just curious about something. And this is a serious question, not a smart ass one. The problems you mentioned could have easily been seen or heard before you bought the phone. I for one don't buy a phone unless I've had it in my hand and at least played with it. So it seems that you could have easily avoided buying the phone all together due to the issues you brought up by using the phone for 5 minutes or so. Granted, unless the place your buying from has it connected you cant test the GSM capabilities but everything else could have been found out with no connection.

Just curious is all.


My personal opinion about the phone....Being that technology is constantly changing, it's only fair to judge the phone against phones from the same time period when the Gnex came out. I for have very little issues with the Gnex. The Cons I do have are easily outweighed by the Pros. I love the display. It's much brighter and clearer than 90% of the phones that came out at the same time. The design is amazing. I do wish it was a little thicker though. This whole thin war is stupid IMO. I need something to hold on to. 2-3MM thicker would be perfect thickness for a phone IMO. Plus the fact that you get all the latest and greatest straight from the source is a huge plus and should be for any "Regular" user. All in all the Nexus is a great phone and continues to dominate even a year after it's release. Phones these days aren't meant to be kept for 5 or 6 years. The Nexus is simply a stepping stone for me. After the N4 has been out a year, I'll scoop it up and move on.
Let me make it clear: Do you understand that antennas, speaker, build quality and camera are better on a 3-4 years old High-end Nokia??

No matter how many years will pass, what Samsung phones will gain will be just more screen size and more glossy painting. Samsung has no plan at all to start making devices that feel well built.

Why make a phone with expensive parts when you can just cover it will glossy paint and spend millions on publicity.
polonord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 170
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Not sure if I am just lucky but outside of VZ's lack of system updates I have had zero problems/concerns with this phone.

The call clarity is outstanding, screen resolution is clear and crisp with really nice deep blacks and the screen response has zero lag.

However, outside of call clarity the others weren't as good before going root and adding a custom ROM.

I have changed some gamma settings to really bring out the dark colors and by adding the Seeder app I have zero and I mean zero lag.

This is by far the best phone I have owned.

I agree the camera isn't the best for stills but the video side is quite good. Personally I am not that picky on the pictured because I use a DSLR for my event camera. Speaker isn't great but really what phone has a great speaker? It gets the job down when I am on conference calls.
brandonhutch likes this.
TritonDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TritonDroid For This Useful Post:
AARONONE (January 29th, 2013)
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 704
 
Device(s): Nexus 5 HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,152
Thanked 580 Times in 321 Posts
Default

Weird that you would post this in two places.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2107843

If you really don't like the phone then move on. If you have then why keep coming back to argue?

I like the Gnex. Great for updates and with the Seidio rubber case on it I don't have to look at what many call cheap build quality.
Personally, I've had no issue with the reception and I love the amount of development that this phone gets which is probably the biggest reason so many people bought it.


Naters

Edit: It also seems like you created an account here just to complain about this phone. The bickering at XDA wasn't enough?
__________________
Nexus 5 - SlimKat
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Sold ; Nexus S4G -Broken
HTC Evo 4G LTE Black (Sold) & White - SlimKat
Evo 4G - Sold
Nexus 7 - SlimKat
NaterTots is offline  
Last edited by NaterTots; January 23rd, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NaterTots For This Useful Post:
AARONONE (January 29th, 2013), JevyJav (January 24th, 2013), msndrstood (February 6th, 2013), teddyearp (January 24th, 2013)
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Hmmm...I'm not a developer and I love mine

I wish it at least had an S4 processor...but this phone is solid IMO.

Some points the OP made are valid but this IS a developer phone. Unlock it and ROM it...you'd be much happier. I really don't understand non-rooted nexus phones. Isn't the community development the reason to buy this phone? Otherwise, there are a ton of alternatives made from several other manufacturers.
iowabowtech likes this.
__________________
Myself: 2014 Kia Soul+, HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Droid Razr M, Nexus 7 (2013), multiple Google TVs
Wife and Kids: Motorola Moto X, Apple iPad 4th Gen, HTC Droid DNA, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy Player 4.0,
Retired: Galaxy Nexus, Thunderbolt, Droid Pro, Fascinate, Motorola Droid 1, 3 & 4, Transformer TF101, Galaxy Tab (7" WiFi), Archos 70
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UBRocked For This Useful Post:
AARONONE (January 29th, 2013), iowabowtech (January 23rd, 2013)
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: A-T-L-A-N-T-A
Posts: 7,286
 
Device(s): Nexus 5. (White 16GB)
Carrier: $60 AT&T pre paid pushing 50-60mbps

Thanks: 1,540
Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,431 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterTots View Post
Weird that you would post this in two places.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2107843

If you really don't like the phone then move on. If you have then why keep coming back to argue?

I like the Gnex. Great for updates and with the Seidio rubber case on it I don't have to look at what many call cheap build quality.
Personally, I've had no issue with the reception and I love the amount of development that this phone gets which is probably the biggest reason so many people bought it.


Naters

Edit: It also seems like you created an account here just to complain about this phone. The bickering at XDA wasn't enough?
Plot thickens.
Fuzzy13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Hmmm...I'm not a developer and I love mine

I wish it at least had an S4 processor...but this phone is solid IMO.

Some points the OP made are valid but this IS a developer phone. Unlock it and ROM it...you'd be much happier. I really don't understand non-rooted nexus phones. Isn't the community development the reason to buy this phone? Otherwise, there are a ton of alternatives made from several other manufacturers.
I disagree. The Nexus S was a solid phone on par with everything else at the time. The Galaxy Nexus was a solid phone on par with everything else at the time. The Nexus 4 is a solid phone on par or ahead of everything else right now. The difference is they all run a better operating system stock than a Touchwiz, Sense, etc phone.

There are plenty of Nexus owners that love their phones and have zero desire to root them (like my wife who wouldn't let me root her Nexus S she had for 2 years and won't let me root her Nexus 4)
tube517, Fuzzy13 and aurora40 like this.
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrlswltrs For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy13 (January 24th, 2013), msndrstood (February 6th, 2013)
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #22 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
I disagree. The Nexus S was a solid phone on par with everything else at the time. The Galaxy Nexus was a solid phone on par with everything else at the time. The Nexus 4 is a solid phone on par or ahead of everything else right now. The difference is they all run a better operating system stock than a Touchwiz, Sense, etc phone.

There are plenty of Nexus owners that love their phones and have zero desire to root them (like my wife who wouldn't let me root her Nexus S she had for 2 years and won't let me root her Nexus 4)
The Nexus phones have never been ahead of other phones on the market... Well, not since the Nexus One. The Nexus S was a rebranded Galaxy S, the Galaxy Nexus was in between the Galaxy SII and the Galaxy SIII (and very similar to the Droid Razr in terms or specs), and the Nexus 4 is a rebranded Optimus G with very similar specs to many other phones being announced or released at the same time (minus LTE which is why I don't own one).

I understand that not everyone who has a nexus device actually roots it but I just don't understand why. The Nexus line is all about the stock Google experience and timely updates. We all knew that Verizon would delay updates (maybe not to this extent). But I honestly don't know what software version the GNex on Verizon has because the developer community is going to support the Nexus line and updates come much faster. An unrooted GNex on Verizon seems tragic... But to each their own. I just think that someone who doesn't care about having the latest stock version of Android probably doesn't have a hatred for manufacturer skins. The GSIII is superior to the GNex in terms of specs so I didn't recommend the GNex to many people because there were better phones available or coming soon if stock Android wasn't a priority.

Just my 2 cents on the matter... But I love my GNex even though it doesn't appeal to everyone... It's not supposed to.
tube517 likes this.
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UBRocked For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy13 (January 24th, 2013)
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: A-T-L-A-N-T-A
Posts: 7,286
 
Device(s): Nexus 5. (White 16GB)
Carrier: $60 AT&T pre paid pushing 50-60mbps

Thanks: 1,540
Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,431 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
The Nexus phones have never been ahead of other phones on the market... Well, not since the Nexus One. The Nexus S was a rebranded Galaxy S, the Galaxy Nexus was in between the Galaxy SII and the Galaxy SIII (and very similar to the Droid Razr in terms or specs), and the Nexus 4 is a rebranded Optimus G with very similar specs to many other phones being announced or released at the same time (minus LTE which is why I don't own one).

I understand that not everyone who has a nexus device actually roots it but I just don't understand why. The Nexus line is all about the stock Google experience and timely updates. We all knew that Verizon would delay updates (maybe not to this extent). But I honestly don't know what software version the GNex on Verizon has because the developer community is going to support the Nexus line and updates come much faster. An unrooted GNex on Verizon seems tragic... But to each their own. I just think that someone who doesn't care about having the latest stock version of Android probably doesn't have a hatred for manufacturer skins. The GSIII is superior to the GNex in terms of specs so I didn't recommend the GNex to many people because there were better phones available or coming soon if stock Android wasn't a priority.

Just my 2 cents on the matter... But I love my GNex even though it doesn't appeal to everyone... It's not supposed to.

I saw another post not too long ago where someone brought up the S3 and Gnex so I actually looked for myself, the differences between the 2. To my surprise the differences are very minimal. Minimal also in the sense that roughly a year passed between the 2. So either the Nexus was ahead of it's time when it came out or the S3 could have been so much more.

When I uprooted from Metro PCS right before the S3 was released from them, my intentions were to get an S3 and use it on Straight Talk, T mobile, etc.... The reasons why I didn't choose the S3 was price first off. $300 vs $550 plus tax. Negative. Especially when I'm not getting that much more for my money, especially not getting $250 worth. A few more megapixels, a oucple hundred more Mhz, etc... wasn't enough for me. Plus the fact I would have to remove all the Samsung garbage that they put on the phone, Touch Wiz, when I can use the Gnex right out of the box and be prefectly happy with it. In no way saying the S3 is a bad phone, but when the 2 are REALLY compared, the Gnex is by far the better option. Now if the S3 was around $400 off contract then it would be a different story.

Just my views on things when I bought mine. Not engaging or enticing an arguement
UBRocked and tube517 like this.
Fuzzy13 is offline  
Last edited by Fuzzy13; January 24th, 2013 at 06:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #24 (permalink)
Psychotic Female
 
Petrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hanover Park, IL
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,080
 
Device(s): GE Galaxy S4 CM 11 | GSM Galaxy Nexus CM 11 | G-Note 10.1 2014
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 1,152
Thanked 1,437 Times in 925 Posts
Default

Polonord,

Sounds like you just don't like the phone. Look on Ebay for the white housing for the type of Nexus you have. Takes 15 minutes to replace it, then slap the phone on Ebay for $575 bucks. You'll make a nice little profit and can buy another phone that you really want and will be happy with.
__________________
Forum Rules & Guidelines & Zero Tolerance Policy
Agree with a post? Hit Like! Someone help you? Hit Thanks!
See a naughty post or a thread in the wrong area? Hit Report!
Petrah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
Psychotic Female
 
Petrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hanover Park, IL
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,080
 
Device(s): GE Galaxy S4 CM 11 | GSM Galaxy Nexus CM 11 | G-Note 10.1 2014
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 1,152
Thanked 1,437 Times in 925 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterTots View Post
I like the Gnex. Great for updates and with the Seidio rubber case on it I don't have to look at what many call cheap build quality.
Personally, I've had no issue with the reception and I love the amount of development that this phone gets which is probably the biggest reason so many people bought it.

Same. I also have a Seidio case, and I love the phone and will continue to use it till it just doesn't work anymore.
Petrah is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Petrah For This Useful Post:
NaterTots (January 29th, 2013)
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: A-T-L-A-N-T-A
Posts: 7,286
 
Device(s): Nexus 5. (White 16GB)
Carrier: $60 AT&T pre paid pushing 50-60mbps

Thanks: 1,540
Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,431 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Polonord,

Sounds like you just don't like the phone. Look on Ebay for the white housing for the type of Nexus you have. Takes 15 minutes to replace it, then slap the phone on Ebay for $575 bucks. You'll make a nice little profit and can buy another phone that you really want and will be happy with.

I never actually checked the resale of the White GSM Nexus', do they sell for substantially more? A white housing, offical not a cheap knockoff, was one of the first things I did when I bought the phone. If it really does price for substantially more then I just might have to hauk it and scoop up the N4 when or If it ever comes back.
Fuzzy13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default Re: If you are not a developer, this phone is quite bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy13 View Post
I never actually checked the resale of the White GSM Nexus', do they sell for substantially more? A white housing, offical not a cheap knockoff, was one of the first things I did when I bought the phone. If it really does price for substantially more then I just might have to hauk it and scoop up the N4 when or If it ever comes back.
Just went on sale at BestBuy, grab it while you can!
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrlswltrs For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy13 (February 6th, 2013)
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nj02vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Marlton, NJ
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,345
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Transformer Infinity, Transformer Prime, Too many things
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 624
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

Lots of hate over a 1.2 yo phone. By 1.5years, almost every phone is showing it's age.

That's something I can't say against my LTE GNex. It feels better now than the day it came out. Now, I don't have the signal issues that others have. It was slightly weaker than my wife's Droid 4, but only very marginally so. Guess I live in a great reception area. But I can see how others in more rural areas could be disappointed. And my battery life has always been good, quite possibly because that goes hand in hand with signal switching (cell standby).

I've honestly put this up to a Nexus 4 and it didn't make me want it. Yes, the Nexus 4 is better, but not so much. The build quality doesn't give you a great impression, but it's held up since launch day perfectly fine, including a few drops on concrete. Build quality isn't about impressions, it's about lasting and not breaking.

The screen is fine as well. About the only complaint I have is the speaker, which I do agree sucks. Otherwise, this has been a great device for me.
UBRocked likes this.
nj02vette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Demache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 2,984
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE Nexus 7 32 GB - Wifi
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 93
Thanked 330 Times in 280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj02vette View Post
Lots of hate over a 1.2 yo phone. By 1.5years, almost every phone is showing it's age.

That's something I can't say against my LTE GNex. It feels better now than the day it came out. Now, I don't have the signal issues that others have. It was slightly weaker than my wife's Droid 4, but only very marginally so. Guess I live in a great reception area. But I can see how others in more rural areas could be disappointed. And my battery life has always been good, quite possibly because that goes hand in hand with signal switching (cell standby).

I've honestly put this up to a Nexus 4 and it didn't make me want it. Yes, the Nexus 4 is better, but not so much. The build quality doesn't give you a great impression, but it's held up since launch day perfectly fine, including a few drops on concrete. Build quality isn't about impressions, it's about lasting and not breaking.

The screen is fine as well. About the only complaint I have is the speaker, which I do agree sucks. Otherwise, this has been a great device for me.
Ironically, the best Speedtest I ever got was on a mountain in Idaho. I got like 38 Mb/s download, which is pretty WTF worthy.
Demache is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #30 (permalink)
Psychotic Female
 
Petrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hanover Park, IL
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,080
 
Device(s): GE Galaxy S4 CM 11 | GSM Galaxy Nexus CM 11 | G-Note 10.1 2014
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 1,152
Thanked 1,437 Times in 925 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy13 View Post
I never actually checked the resale of the White GSM Nexus', do they sell for substantially more? A white housing, offical not a cheap knockoff, was one of the first things I did when I bought the phone. If it really does price for substantially more then I just might have to hauk it and scoop up the N4 when or If it ever comes back.

Ive seen them on ebay from anywhere between 450 to 1k. I know people are reselling them brand new like that because you can find the different color battery covers (like electric blue etc)... and I've seen those placed on new phones with the added white housing. I can see how people would buy a brand new one from Cragslist or something for really cheap, slap a white housing on there with one of those pretty battery covers and sell it for 600 bucks.
Petrah is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #31 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Ripping off stupid people on the internet never gets old!

chrlswltrs likes this.
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UBRocked For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy13 (February 6th, 2013)
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Pedro, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 286
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) Nexus 7 (8GB, WiFi) Motorola Droid (retired / pmp)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 58
Thanked 61 Times in 47 Posts
Default

I'm not a developer, just a slightly above average user, since I assume many don't read forums like this one to learn about and discuss their phone.

My last phone was the OG Droid, which convinced me that I want a stock Android phone and the Galaxy Nexus was the next one available from Verizon. I enjoyed the extra apps available for rooted phones and Verizon was really locking down on that with their other phones, so the easy rootability and stock experience made it a no-brainer for me. It was easy to unlock and root (using the toolkits available, it was almost all automated) and make use of apps like set cpu, lightflow, nova launcher prime, alien's root kit (for flashing CWM recovery, and saving root), root explorer and stickmount.

The screen looks great to my untrained eyes, the sound isn't great but good enough and the phone works well enough for me, there's some areas it has problems but I'm pretty sure that's on Verizon since those were problem areas for previous phones, including Motorola and LG. As a non developer,I gotta say I love this phone and will be using it for a long time since upgrading means have to argue my way out of that stupid upgrade fee or losing my unlimited data.
umataro42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to umataro42 For This Useful Post:
Rxpert83 (January 29th, 2013)
Old February 4th, 2013, 03:21 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: indiana
Gender: Female
Posts: 279
 
Device(s): gsm nexus 5, samsung galaxy nexus gsm, bn nook color with n2a
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 13
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Default

The only problem I have is the gps. It never seems to be able to find my location. But I'm not a developer (far from it) and this was my upgrade from the Optimus V so I like it. I may get the Nexus 4 someday but I've only had this since last summer so I have to get my $$ worth from it first.
gale65 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Demache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 2,984
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE Nexus 7 32 GB - Wifi
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 93
Thanked 330 Times in 280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale65 View Post
The only problem I have is the gps. It never seems to be able to find my location. But I'm not a developer (far from it) and this was my upgrade from the Optimus V so I like it. I may get the Nexus 4 someday but I've only had this since last summer so I have to get my $$ worth from it first.
Get GPS Status and Toolbox. And clear the A-GPS data. It sometimes helps with getting a signal lock.
Demache is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
jhonb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jersey Shore
Gender: Male
Posts: 305
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Fire, Logitech Review, Nexus 10
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 36
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
Default

I am not a developer and not really sure what a developer is. But I love this phone. I came over from a iPhone 4, which I liked a lot as well.
The phone makes calls with no problem
I access the internet with no problem.
I get email with no problem
I text messages with no problem

And best of all, I can tether all my non cell devices to my phone for free.

My phone has worked like a champ from the day I got it. A lot of the problems I see here are related to Verizon and thank god, I don't use them.
jhonb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Demache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 2,984
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE Nexus 7 32 GB - Wifi
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 93
Thanked 330 Times in 280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonb View Post
I am not a developer and not really sure what a developer is. But I love this phone. I came over from a iPhone 4, which I liked a lot as well.
The phone makes calls with no problem
I access the internet with no problem.
I get email with no problem
I text messages with no problem

And best of all, I can tether all my non cell devices to my phone for free.

My phone has worked like a champ from the day I got it. A lot of the problems I see here are related to Verizon and thank god, I don't use them.
A lot of the issues do have to do with the Verizon version, due to wonky CDMA/LTE radios, which don't exist on the GSM one. And the fact that we haven't had an update in ages at this point.

But screw it, I'm running CM 10.1, and I'm lucky to not have radio issues, so its fine for me.
Demache is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
joesixpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northeast OH
Gender: Male
Posts: 325
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Stock and Rooted (no update for me!), Galaxy Nexus (retired), Nexus 7 tablet
Carrier: Big Red Wireless

Thanks: 68
Thanked 80 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demache View Post
Get GPS Status and Toolbox. And clear the A-GPS data. It sometimes helps with getting a signal lock.
Where can I find this A-GPS data of which you speak?
joesixpack is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Demache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 2,984
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE Nexus 7 32 GB - Wifi
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 93
Thanked 330 Times in 280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
Where can I find this A-GPS data of which you speak?
You do it from within the GPS Status app. So you press menu, tools, then manage A-GPS. Then you have two options.

Download gets GPS information via your data connection. Reset does a hard reset on the GPS system. Your phone will have to re download the information from the GPS satellites. However, this is very slow, and can take like 5 minutes before you get a position lock. I only use it if I don't have a reliable data connection or download doesn't work.
Demache is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demache For This Useful Post:
joesixpack (February 6th, 2013)
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: indiana
Gender: Female
Posts: 279
 
Device(s): gsm nexus 5, samsung galaxy nexus gsm, bn nook color with n2a
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 13
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demache View Post
Get GPS Status and Toolbox. And clear the A-GPS data. It sometimes helps with getting a signal lock.
I'll try that-thanks.
gale65 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Galaxy Nexus
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Galaxy Nexus is the third official phone contracted by Google and the first phone to come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Specs include a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 16/32GB of internal storage, a 4.65 inch 720p HD Super AMOLED... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.