Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 20th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
streetkilln's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 523
 
Device(s): LG G2, GS3, GNOTE 10.1
Carrier: At&t

Thanks: 7
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Default Galaxy note 10.1 Screen Protector

Im trying to find a screen protector that will let me use the s pen. I been looking at some screen protectors and reviews say the pen dont work properly. Anyone have a screen protector that works good with the spen

__________________
Past Phones I Owned:
Samsung Infuse, GS2, GS3
CURRENT PHONE: LG G2
TABLETS OWNED: Galaxy Note 10.1
streetkilln is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 20th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is there a reason to have a screen protector on anything now days? I mean, on all my phones which I have dropped many times and carry it in my pocket and tablets not yet once has there been a scratch on the screen. Am I just lucky or is screen protectors just becoming more and more of a gimmick?
sweetrice80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 807
 
Device(s): Galaxy Tab 10.1 Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 133
Thanked 161 Times in 105 Posts
Default

I bought the SGP (formerly Steinheil) screen protector on amazon.com. S-Pen works fine. Initially, the slight difference in friction bothered me but after a day or two, it feels like it always did.

I have no issues with it interfering at all with the SPen
ckelly33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
streetkilln's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 523
 
Device(s): LG G2, GS3, GNOTE 10.1
Carrier: At&t

Thanks: 7
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetrice80 View Post
Is there a reason to have a screen protector on anything now days? I mean, on all my phones which I have dropped many times and carry it in my pocket and tablets not yet once has there been a scratch on the screen. Am I just lucky or is screen protectors just becoming more and more of a gimmick?
ur just lucky. on my last phone gs2 i have got a nice scratches from when i dropped it on pavement and it slide on its face nice lil cracks to but thats why with my gs3 i have a screen protector and a case .
streetkilln is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 96
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

I got this from walmart, this works good, for the camera all you need to do is use a hole puncher or you can cut a square like how the plastic protector came with the note.

WriteRight Screen Protectors for Tablets, 2pk
http://www.walmart.com/ip/WriteRight-Screen-Protectors-for-Tablets-2pk/17163628


Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Gadget Lovers is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
streetkilln's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 523
 
Device(s): LG G2, GS3, GNOTE 10.1
Carrier: At&t

Thanks: 7
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Lovers View Post
I got this from walmart, this works good, for the camera all you need to do is use a hole puncher or you can cut a square like how the plastic protector came with the note.

WriteRight Screen Protectors for Tablets, 2pk
WriteRight Screen Protectors for Tablets, 2pk: Computers : Walmart.com


Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
So its good with use of the s pen?
streetkilln is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 96
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

yes it's good used with the s pen
for installation make sure you have a dust free area
get a soft micro fiber cloth, don't use the one that comes with it
clean the note slightly with the cloth until you see no dust and apply it
if you see bubbles use your finger or the cloth to smooth them out

here's a good and helpful video guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKcIhZCCaSk

hope this helps

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Gadget Lovers is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gadget Lovers For This Useful Post:
Caveman419 (November 29th, 2012)
Old November 23rd, 2012, 09:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I use Zagg screen protectors. They're certainly priced on the higher end but are guaranteed to last a lifetime and they will even protect your device from a power tool. They also work great with the s-pen. The only screen protectors I use on all devices. They also come custom fit to your specific device.

Check out this video and I'm sure you'll be convinced to buy one!!!
YouTube
MrAndroid123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Jore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 315
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAndroid123 View Post
I use Zagg screen protectors. They're certainly priced on the higher end but are guaranteed to last a lifetime and they will even protect your device from a power tool. They also work great with the s-pen. The only screen protectors I use on all devices. They also come custom fit to your specific device.

Check out this video and I'm sure you'll be convinced to buy one!!!
YouTube
I just installed the same one on my Note 10.1. $30 at best buy. Probably can get it a little cheaper online but didn't want to wait. Just got my Note 10.1 Black Friday and didn't want to risk no protection after day one.
Jore is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,770
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,147
Thanked 934 Times in 607 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jore View Post

I just installed the same one on my Note 10.1. $30 at best buy. Probably can get it a little cheaper online but didn't want to wait. Just got my Note 10.1 Black Friday and didn't want to risk no protection after day one.
By any chance was the price lowered or is it still regular price?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner
__________________
If you've been helped click
ScandaLeX is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 24th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Jore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 315
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
By any chance was the price lowered or is it still regular price?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

Not sure if $30 is regular price or not.
Jore is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
slobbythegreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 129
 
Device(s): S3 4G, Note 10.1
Carrier: Telstra cos Optus sucks balls

Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

anyone know where you can get REAR protectors...not a case? i like feeling mine...i dont know...naked??? my s3 has a front and back film but cant find one for the 10.1....and more importantly that ship to australia.

i got a belkin one with mine and its crap..gets so greasy yet my 2 dollar hong kong phone protector is awesome!
slobbythegreat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobbythegreat View Post
anyone know where you can get REAR protectors...not a case? i like feeling mine...i dont know...naked??? my s3 has a front and back film but cant find one for the 10.1....and more importantly that ship to australia.

i got a belkin one with mine and its crap..gets so greasy yet my 2 dollar hong kong phone protector is awesome!
Zagg has full body protection. It's the same material as their screen protector but for the rest of the body as well. $40.
archimdae is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.