Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By streetkilln

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 24th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default USB & SD card adaptors

Can anyone assist please, I have a Note 10.1 with a 32 g micro sd card fitted. I have seen a set of 1 USB & 1 SD card adaptors that fit to the Note vis the charging slot.

Can I use either of these at the same time as having the 32 micro sd card fitted.
Thanks

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 SD Card and USB Adapter - Black: Electronics

sponsored links
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 1, Note 10.1
Carrier: Telus

Should be able to. On my Note phone I can plug in my Usb otg adapter and just read it as another drive in the file system like a regular computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jetmerritt For This Useful Post:
toby53 (December 24th, 2012)
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note N-7000 Samsung Galaxy Note N-8010
Carrier: Vodafone

Yes you can have a microsd card fitted in the top slot and another through the bottom usb slot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackDog24 For This Useful Post:
Preach2k (December 25th, 2012), toby53 (December 24th, 2012)
Old December 24th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

If this is the Samsung USB kit (link doesn't work), then you should be able to use it for almost anything. The kit includes a microSD to SD card adapter, SD card reader and USB OTG adapter. It plugs in through the charge port and will be recognized by the Note 10.1. It will see extra storage as USB storage. Just make sure you disconnect/unmount the USB storage before removing it from the Note 10.1.

The SD card reader and USB OTG adapter can be used with the microSD already in the device. The USB OTG apdapter can be used with a USB hub to connect a wired keyboard, mouse or USB flash key (dependent on power draw; may or may not work simultaneously).

Or you can connect an external HDD (only FAT32 or exFAT format though; NTFS will not work) with an external power source (the Note 10.1 cannot power the device on its own).
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoGrandizer For This Useful Post:
toby53 (December 24th, 2012)
Old December 24th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Thanks to all and yes it is the Samsung set.
Just ordered will let you know if its ok when recieved
Old December 25th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): LG G2, GS3, GNOTE 10.1
Carrier: At&t

you could use this

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tablet 4-in-1 Connection Kit : USB, SD Memory/micro SD, Micro USB Adapter : Galaxy Tablet: 7.0 Plus/7.7/8.9/10.1 & Galaxy Note 10.1: Computers & Accessories
The Absolute likes this.
TABLETS OWNED: Galaxy Note 10.1
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Evo 4g running Froyo - rooted with UnrEVOked 3 with Clockworkmod Recovery

Send a message via ICQ to mjtaryan

I have a related question. I received a GT-N8013 today and have inserted a microSD card. I want to transfer files from/to my PC. However, I can't find a way to connect the Note so that I can get to the ExtSD card (the current and erroneous name for the card in the SD card slot). I find that when I connect the Note I have only two USB connection choices -- Media Device or Camera. AND no matter which one I choose, my PC sees it as a camera. That wouldn't be so bad, but I can't get to the REAL SD card (the one in the slot).

Every other Android I have when the device is connected to USB, a dialog pops up that gives options like Charge Only, Disk Drive, Media Sync and sometimes others. But not the Note.

How do I do that so that my PC will see the "Ext" SD card? On the Note itself I can get to it fine, but I need for my PC to see it Oh, yes, my PC is running Win XP w/SP3 -- if that makes a difference.

BTW I realize I could copy the files I want to transfer to a special folder in the Note's internal memory (the one my PC sees) and then move them to the ExtSD. And I could do the same going in the other direction, but that takes extra time and for certain job related reasons, time is crucial. Therefore, I need to have as direct, simple and fast a way to transfer files from one machine to another.

Can anyone help? Please hurry. Thanks.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 1, Note 10.1
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtaryan View Post
I have a related question. I received a GT-N8013 today and have inserted a microSD card. I want to transfer files from/to my PC. However, I can't find a way to connect the Note so that I can get to the ExtSD card (the current and erroneous name for the card in the SD card slot). I find that when I connect the Note I have only two USB connection choices -- Media Device or Camera. AND no matter which one I choose, my PC sees it as a camera. That wouldn't be so bad, but I can't get to the REAL SD card (the one in the slot).

Every other Android I have when the device is connected to USB, a dialog pops up that gives options like Charge Only, Disk Drive, Media Sync and sometimes others. But not the Note.

How do I do that so that my PC will see the "Ext" SD card? On the Note itself I can get to it fine, but I need for my PC to see it Oh, yes, my PC is running Win XP w/SP3 -- if that makes a difference.

BTW I realize I could copy the files I want to transfer to a special folder in the Note's internal memory (the one my PC sees) and then move them to the ExtSD. And I could do the same going in the other direction, but that takes extra time and for certain job related reasons, time is crucial. Therefore, I need to have as direct, simple and fast a way to transfer files from one machine to another.

Can anyone help? Please hurry. Thanks.
Why don't you just put the SD in your PC? way faster data transfer...

Also are you using Kies? Download and use Kies from Samsung's website and it will make your life way easier!
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE

When I connect mine, both the internal memory and external SD card show up if I go into My Computer>Note 10.1
OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i, BB8100, W880, N95-2, P1i, Ignito, W880, X1, MS1, MS2, TP851, XT910, GTab 10.1, SGS3, SGS4, SGNote 10.1, Nexus 7 II
Old January 12th, 2013, 01:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Just recieved the set of adaptors, both work fine with the systems seeing internal. micro sd and either usb or additional sd card, great foe media on holiday.
sponsored links

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1