Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Connecting the tab to an amplifier

Hi.

I believe you can connect the tab to a docking station and then use a mini jack-to-Din lead to connect it to a hi-fi amplifier or set of amplified speakers.

I don't have a docking station (yet) but on that basis I tried connecting the tab to my hi fi using a combination of the supplied charging/PC connecting lead and a usb-to-din lead. This one:

1m 3 x RCA Phono to USB Cable AV Audio Video Lead | eBay

But it doesn't work (at least when I'm listening to a radio station using TuneIn).

Any ideas how I could get this working? Are the leads not correct or is there something else I need to do to get the tab to output sound? Perhaps the supplied charging/PC connecting lead doesn't transfer audio signals?

Thanks.

Last edited by JohnB47; January 8th, 2013 at 07:38 AM. Reason: correction
sponsored links
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
This 3 RCA - USB cable can be used to view pictures or videos from PlayStation, MP4, Camcorder etc on USB enabled TVs or PCs
The USB end then is for a 'USB-enabled' (hard-wired) device. This suggests that the device is looking for analog signals over a 'USB' port

Not sure if audio out is available from USB (digital data) without the input device expecting that type of signal John

There's a headphone output I think on the tablet (on PC here) and also audio is available from the HDMI output (via yet another adaptor)

I'm currently hanging on the phone to Samsung 'Where's the money?' Cashback support so I may be some time but it's an interesting thread
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanCaerleon View Post
The USB end then is for a 'USB-enabled' (hard-wired) device. This suggests that the device is looking for analog signals over a 'USB' port

Not sure if audio out is available from USB (digital data) without the input device expecting that type of signal John

There's a headphone output I think on the tablet (on PC here) and also audio is available from the HDMI output (via yet another adaptor)

I'm currently hanging on the phone to Samsung 'Where's the money?' Cashback support so I may be some time but it's an interesting thread
Ah - another topic but even more interesting! I too am waiting for my 50 cashback and have Emailed them, with no response as yet. I completed the on-line application and received no acknowledgement whatsoever and no reference number either. Is that your experience too? I would be most interested to hear how you get on with them, 'cos I'm wondering what my next move should be.

Thanks for the feedback re audio. Must look into those leads/adapters you mentioned.

Cheers.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE

Another option is to use the OTG capabilities and use a DAC connected to the Note and from the DAC to amp.
OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i, BB8100, W880, N95-2, P1i, Ignito, W880, X1, MS1, MS2, TP851, XT910, GTab 10.1, SGS3, SGS4, SGNote 10.1, Nexus 7 II
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi have you thought about bluetooth I have a logitec bluetooth adapter which connects to my speakers then I connect the note via bluetooth. You can put the note where ever you like as long as you are within 10 mtrs of the adapter. And no cables trailing around.
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Thanks guys.

That little bluetooth gizmo looks impressive. I might go for one of those.

Cheers.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1