Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Few questions

Hello all...just got my galaxy note 10.1 and I absolutely love it. I do have a few questions. First to those who use the Barnes & Noble Nook app I noticed that it saves my magazines and books on the device memory but if I move it to the SD card will I still be able to read them from there or do they have to be on the device memory? And my other question is about the SD card and device memory. Why can't I move files between the two like I can on my note 2 phone? It doesn't give me the option to (unless I'm missing something). It seems the only way I can is if I hook up my tablet to my computer and do it that way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sponsored links
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Re moving files around on the device: you probably need to install a File Manager as Google don't put one in the base Android O/S.

I use one called File Manager. Its a freebie and comes up near the top of the list if you search in play.
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiempreTuna View Post
Re moving files around on the device: you probably need to install a File Manager as Google don't put one in the base Android O/S.

I use one called File Manager. Its a freebie and comes up near the top of the list if you search in play.
Of course Samsung has a file manager pre-installed!

My files it is called.

As for moving files to the SD Card. It is not that easy with app data. If an application allows that through its own settings, do it, if not, it will simply not work.
OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i, BB8100, W880, N95-2, P1i, Ignito, W880, X1, MS1, MS2, TP851, XT910, GTab 10.1, SGS3, SGS4, SGNote 10.1, Nexus 7 II

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1