Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Error - Unfortunately, S Note has stopped working

This is a factory default Galaxy Note 10.1
Whenever I try to open the "S Note" application, I get the error message listed above. "Unfortunately, S Note has stopped", the application doesn't finish loading and then closes.

I have not rooted this Galaxy. This started after I allowed my tab's batteries to run almost all the way down and I allowed it to recharge to 100% overnight. I booted it today, went to start the app, and I got the above error.

I tried clearing the cache, rebooting, forcing the app to stop... and nothing.
Any suggestions?
I'd prefer to clear the data since I have information on there I need.

Advertisements
sl0w is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 9th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=
 
Frisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,490
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 7" 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 7,156
Thanked 9,265 Times in 5,119 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0w View Post
This is a factory default Galaxy Note 10.1
Whenever I try to open the "S Note" application, I get the error message listed above. "Unfortunately, S Note has stopped", the application doesn't finish loading and then closes.

I have not rooted this Galaxy. This started after I allowed my tab's batteries to run almost all the way down and I allowed it to recharge to 100% overnight. I booted it today, went to start the app, and I got the above error.

I tried clearing the cache, rebooting, forcing the app to stop... and nothing.
Any suggestions?
I'd prefer to clear the data since I have information on there I need.
One thing to try, before a factory data reset (after backing up everything you want to keep), is to clear the data in the S-Note app as well as the cache. That usually does the trick (you have to start over, unless, again, you back up the stuff in S-Note you want to keep).

Excessive battery drain, down to a non-operative level, should not affect apps/widgets.. but sometimes can if the program is running at the time of the low percentage drain.

Try the data clear and reboot. If no joy, I'd just go into the menu after backing up the relevant stuff and do the factory data reset.
__________________



Frisco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
One thing to try, before a factory data reset (after backing up everything you want to keep), is to clear the data in the S-Note app as well as the cache. That usually does the trick (you have to start over, unless, again, you back up the stuff in S-Note you want to keep).

Excessive battery drain, down to a non-operative level, should not affect apps/widgets.. but sometimes can if the program is running at the time of the low percentage drain.

Try the data clear and reboot. If no joy, I'd just go into the menu after backing up the relevant stuff and do the factory data reset.
How do I backup the data in the S Note app (and restore it after)?

on a side note, and this is odd, I can use the "Memo" section of the app, accessible from the home screen. I can save the Memo. I just can't open it later.
sl0w is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 427
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
One thing to try, before a factory data reset (after backing up everything you want to keep), is to clear the data in the S-Note app as well as the cache. That usually does the trick (you have to start over, unless, again, you back up the stuff in S-Note you want to keep).

Excessive battery drain, down to a non-operative level, should not affect apps/widgets.. but sometimes can if the program is running at the time of the low percentage drain.

Try the data clear and reboot. If no joy, I'd just go into the menu after backing up the relevant stuff and do the factory data reset.
How does one back up their files they make in S Notes?
Galaxy Tab2 47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Devon, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 221
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Tab2 47 View Post
How does one back up their files they make in S Notes?
Note files have the suffix .snb and are in directory sdcard\s note. Use a file browser (like Astro) to copy the files from there to your chosen destination on the tab, or connect to a pc and use windows explorer to copy\paste to there.
JohnB47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnB47 For This Useful Post:
Galaxy Tab2 47 (February 9th, 2013)
Old February 9th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 427
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB47 View Post
Note files have the suffix .snb and are in directory sdcard\s note. Use a file browser (like Astro) to copy the files from there to your chosen destination on the tab, or connect to a pc and use windows explorer to copy\paste to there.
Thank you for the help using my pc was the best way for me to setup a folder on my sdcard and copy the S note file to it.
When you again copy the file from the S note program file to your sdcard will it update the file on the sdcard?
Galaxy Tab2 47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Paradise
Posts: 583
 
Device(s): Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 52 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: Error - Unfortunately, S Note has stopped working

This happened to me twice with a note created on the 10.1 Note and an attempt to refit it on the Note 2.
__________________
Sprint Evo in Paradise! High taxes also, higher next year.
Benjie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Devon, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 221
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Tab2 47 View Post
Thank you for the help using my pc was the best way for me to setup a folder on my sdcard and copy the S note file to it.
When you again copy the file from the S note program file to your sdcard will it update the file on the sdcard?
If you use windows explorer to do it, I presume it would ask if you want to overwrite. I'm not sure what it would do without trying it. Why not just do it and see what happens?
JohnB47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 427
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB47 View Post
If you use windows explorer to do it, I presume it would ask if you want to overwrite. I'm not sure what it would do without trying it. Why not just do it and see what happens?
Good advice and again I thank you for your quick reply. I notice a lot of people using the forum reside in the UK, must be many tablet users there.
Galaxy Tab2 47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
error, galaxy tab 10.1, s note


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.