Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Strawbrykiwi
Default flickr on samsung galaxy note 10.1

I recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, I have so far been unable to find a reliable out or way via the Internet to access my photos on my Flickr account. my android phone has an app that works great for flickr however I cannot find a licensed version of the Flickr app on the samsung galaxy note.

Does anyone know if there is a reliable way to use Flickr on the Galaxy Note 10.1?

I see that smugmug has an app does anyone know if Flickr is planning to join the party anytime soon?

Advertisements
Strawbrykiwi is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 16th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 223
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 28
Thanked 56 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Is the app on your phone native to your phone? If you got it from the Play store you should be able to download it again on your Note.

Having said that, I use FlickFolio. Reasonably priced ($3 US) and allows me to view, search sort, upload, etc. my entire Flickr library on this big, lovely screen. I have the same app on my GS3 phone and loving having access to all my photos (20,000+) without having to permanently install them on my device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawbrykiwi View Post
I recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, I have so far been unable to find a reliable out or way via the Internet to access my photos on my Flickr account. my android phone has an app that works great for flickr however I cannot find a licensed version of the Flickr app on the samsung galaxy note.

Does anyone know if there is a reliable way to use Flickr on the Galaxy Note 10.1?

I see that smugmug has an app does anyone know if Flickr is planning to join the party anytime soon?
13ilgal is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 13ilgal For This Useful Post:
Strawbrykiwi (February 16th, 2013)
Old February 16th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Strawbrykiwi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ilgal View Post
Is the app on your phone native to your phone? If you got it from the Play store you should be able to download it again on your Note.

Having said that, I use FlickFolio. Reasonably priced ($3 US) and allows me to view, search sort, upload, etc. my entire Flickr library on this big, lovely screen. I have the same app on my GS3 phone and loving having access to all my photos (20,000+) without having to permanently install them on my device.
Thanks for the tip. when I try to download the app again on the tablet it said your device is not compatible with this version. I don't see any options to download previous versions in the play store. I checked the section with the other aps by Yahoo developers and no luck there either. I'll probably try to use the app you suggested, thank you for your help I just would really like to be able to use the same Flickr that I use on my phone.
Strawbrykiwi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
saltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 115
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Tab 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 130
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Default

I am not sure if you are aware, if you pay for the $3 app mentioned above you can install on both devices. You only have to pay once and then download it to both devices.
saltz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 223
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 28
Thanked 56 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Love that about Android!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltz View Post
I am not sure if you are aware, if you pay for the $3 app mentioned above you can install on both devices. You only have to pay once and then download it to both devices.
13ilgal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
android, photography, samsung galaxy note 10.1, tablet


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.