Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 21st, 2013, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Really slow charging

I bought my galaxy note 10.1 six months ago, i really do not remember if it charged so slow as it does now when i bought it, since I didn t use to use it frequently. A few weeks ago when i started to really make use of it (at least 8 hours per day] i found out that that it charges toooo slow .Its horrible, it charges like 4 per hour. I just cant believe this is normal. Please someone help... what can I do? Any suggestions?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old October 21st, 2013, 02:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE

Using the original charger?
OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i, BB8100, W880, N95-2, P1i, Ignito, W880, X1, MS1, MS2, TP851, XT910, GTab 10.1, SGS3, SGS4, SGNote 10.1, Nexus 7 II
Old October 21st, 2013, 06:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Yeap
Old October 21st, 2013, 07:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaisreds View Post
Yeap
Strange. You could try either a second charger or cable, but it will be difficult to do without going into a shop.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 12:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

How long does your samsung note usually takes to get charged from 0 to 100%?
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

I charge overnight and it does take around 8 hours. Yu need to remember it has a huge battery.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default re

It DOES charge slow...but 4% seems outrageous. Mine goes about 25% per hour. One thing you might want to take note of. The battery is fine with video, music, apps, and light net browsing. But it doesn't hold up well to repeated loading and posting at message board/forums. That can drain the battery fast, so I'd use your cellphone browser to read and post at message boards like this.

If I dont want to run the battery down too quick, to 30% or so, I'll shut the internet down on the Note 10.1, turn the cell net on and browse forums. The cell (Nexus) gets a full recharge in only 35 minutes, so its no big deal draining that.

Oops, I almost forgot to tell you...leaving your internet connection on while recharging can make the recharge slower. Turn the net connection, be it WIFI or 4G, off in the settings. Might want to use the task manager to turn off all the apps too.
Last edited by excelfan; December 23rd, 2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old December 25th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): EVO, Photon, Epic Touch 4G, Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 5-FTW!
Carrier: SPRINT

Send a message via ICQ to CoachEVO spreadoffense

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelfan View Post
It DOES charge slow...but 4% seems outrageous. Mine goes about 25% per hour. One thing you might want to take note of. The battery is fine with video, music, apps, and light net browsing. But it doesn't hold up well to repeated loading and posting at message board/forums. That can drain the battery fast, so I'd use your cellphone browser to read and post at message boards like this.

If I dont want to run the battery down too quick, to 30% or so, I'll shut the internet down on the Note 10.1, turn the cell net on and browse forums. The cell (Nexus) gets a full recharge in only 35 minutes, so its no big deal draining that.

Oops, I almost forgot to tell you...leaving your internet connection on while recharging can make the recharge slower. Turn the net connection, be it WIFI or 4G, off in the settings. Might want to use the task manager to turn off all the apps too.
I agree. I started turning wifi off while charging and it made a rather noticeable difference.
Old December 27th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): Htc desire S & SGnote 10.1
Carrier: 3

Even doing all you are doing it should still charge faster than that? I know the note 10.1 are notoriously fickle when it comes to charging. On the battery symbol is there a red cross when charging? Are you using the original charger and usb lead? Do you know someone else who has a note so you can test it using their charger? When charging is there something else using the battery? And are youbsure that the usb is pressed firmly in the socket they have such a short lead its easy to dislodge them and finally if like me you spent a week removing all the protective plastic from the note did you leave any on the charger block it's self
Old January 8th, 2014, 02:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2 (Sprint), Note 10.1 (wifi only), iPhone 5 (JB) Sprint.
Carrier: Sprint

This seems rather obvious but have you cleaned the connections? (using highest % alcohol you can find) it's possible you have a bad connection.

Also iirc the official charger uses something like 10 or 12 watt charge vs typical 1/2-watt USB, it could be the note is stuck in "standard charge" 500ma mode instead of the high-power mode. (I dont remember the name but there's an app you can download that shows the current charging power available)
sponsored links
Old January 9th, 2014, 11:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): Toshiba Thrive

Mines started to charge extra slow if at all.. My boyfriend found a crack by the port.. I sold it and ordered the 2014 version..
Old January 12th, 2014, 02:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Epic Touch, Epic 4G, Moment
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches037 View Post
Mines started to charge extra slow if at all.. My boyfriend found a crack by the port.. I sold it and ordered the 2014 version..
Recently, my note is discharging while attached to the charge cord. It hadn't done this before. It has always continued to charge even while using it for Internet access or playing games. Additionally, there's a red x on the battery icon on the notification bar.
Last edited by Stoney62; January 12th, 2014 at 02:05 PM.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1