Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree547Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #501 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Guide to using Galaxy Note 2
http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2-user-guide-jelly-bean-4-1-120421/
twospirits likes this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
almath (October 6th, 2012), JunBringer (October 6th, 2012), ScandaLeX (October 6th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #502 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
As with past devices, I might have the chance to see, touch and play with the Note 2 well before release.

Just as I did with previous devices I wanted to get input on questions to ask.

This opportunity has nothing to do with my employment at Sprint. Any information obtained is obtained outside of my employment with Sprint.

Rules apply. Basically no pics, non disclosure etc etc

Ask away
I'm curious with what I saw in the commercial where they have apps that can edit photo's like the one with the cake and how they added a ribbon. Are all apps used in the commercial included with the phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
The way I see flagship is a phone that launches first of it's kind.
Note 1 = Flagship
Note 2 = Sucessor

If I'm wrong, someone.....anyone (whose absolutely sure) please tell me.
Flagship actually means the 'top of the line' or best model a certain manufacturer produces.

"BMW's flagship is the 760 Li"
twospirits and ScandaLeX like this.
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #503 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48
Carrier: T-Mobile (Prepaid)

This was handy, thanks dude!
Old October 6th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #504 (permalink)
AF's janitor

Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV

Thanked 4,636 Times in 1,730 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivera02 View Post
I just meant that to be more of an example of other companies also working on nexus devices and not just LG. I would only take a good look at a nexus device if it were over 5" because i didn't like the soft keys constantly taking up space on my galaxy nexus. And I would highly doubt there are size parameters to the supposed nexus program or these manufacturers would all be making basically the same phone which wouldn't make sense, and there's already a 7" nexus device on the market
Personally, any Nexus device be it 4-5 or 7 inch version, to me is quite limited.
Yes, it may get updates much faster and are pure android, but other than that, it is in my opinion that not the best that android can offer. Each and every time a Nexus device is spit out, there are other devices that put it to shame.
More memory, sd card etc etc. And it doesn't matter who puts it out.

Then you get into the OS enhancements that some swear they dislike. Like Sense, Touchwiz etc, but there are certain enhancements/features that won't work it work if you strip away the Carrier or manufacturers enhancements such as S-Pen apps, 4G, etc.

Granted, I would like for the enhancements or add-ons to be separate thus allowing the user to remove them if they want without disabling the other functions.

But as it it now, no Nexus device can compete with the newer devices coming out.

TS
drexappeal and ScandaLeX like this.
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

Google + and twitter user.
Click below for image/list of devices...

Old October 6th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #505 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

@TS THANKS so much for your post over in the community forums. I'm beyond tired of seeing the same link that confirms nothing. People keep reposting it like it contains concrete info regarding an exact release date.

@Caloy I'd like to thank you for scaring the hell out of me.
I was reading your post and the eyes blinked on your avatar and I practically jumped across the other side of my bedroom.
twospirits and Caloy like this.
Old October 7th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #506 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II

Quote:
@TS THANKS so much for your post over in the community forums. I'm beyond tired of seeing the same link that confirms nothing. People keep reposting it like it contains concrete info regarding an exact release date.

@Caloy I'd like to thank you for scaring the hell out of me.
I was reading your post and the eyes blinked on your avatar and I practically jumped across the other side of my bedroom.
I'm not sure why, but I get that effect on people.
Old October 7th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #507 (permalink)
AF's janitor

Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV

twospirits411@gmail.com

Its funny i think i said the same thing to Caloy a long time ago too about his avatar. lol

Ok, back on topic, 17 days left folks till the event.

TS
Caloy and almath like this.
Old October 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #508 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Didn't Mr. Ed say he'd take pics for us? Even though we've seen others already, still would be nice to see the Sprint version.
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #509 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

YAY!

T-Mobile Memo Suggests Galaxy Note II Launching on Oct. 24 | TechnoBuffalo
twospirits and drexappeal like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Despyse For This Useful Post:
twospirits (October 8th, 2012)
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #510 (permalink)

Device(s):

can someone download Ameritrade app and see if it able to Multi-screen?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.istockmanager.android&feature=nav_r esult#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

i'm ready to throw 700$ on it if it able to! i would love to stream live stock quotes at top screen while i surfing web at bottom screen!
MaStA819 likes this.
sponsored links
Old October 8th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #511 (permalink)
AF's janitor

twospirits411@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Quote:
We all know it'll be after the 28th and her article didn't give anything definite which has her readers very upset. It's pretty much filled with everything we already know/heard regarding the Note 2. I would love if the 28th was a concrete date and not more speculation or wishful thinking.
Quote:
Ok, finally, an article that actually shows proof of a date. The previous articles kept saying Oct 28, here we have an actual leak showing Oct 24th for T-Mobile. The others can't be too far behind (if not that same date). But with the event being held at 7PM, I wonder if it will be only web orders after that time.

TS
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #512 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Has Samsung or any other manufacturer ever done an announcement and launch on the same day before? If this is a first, it'll be another huge moment for Samsung.
twospirits likes this.
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #513 (permalink)

Oh, wow, just saw the coolest thing ever while reading through my tweets. Samsung made an interactive app guide for Note 2 owners. Strangely enough, it actually isn't restricted to the note 2 cuz it said i could download on my photon, but wanted to share on here for those that have the note 1 and can verify if there are s-pen specific interactions that wouldn't work with a regular phone.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.co.samsung.note_2
twospirits likes this.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
almath (October 8th, 2012), ScandaLeX (October 9th, 2012), treb1797 (October 9th, 2012), twospirits (October 8th, 2012), wyndslash (October 8th, 2012)
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #514 (permalink)

Hmm, i guess the multi-tasking capabilities are limited to samsung and native google apps for now
http://thedroidguy.com/2012/10/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-multi-view-functionality-comes-packed-with-an-update/
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #515 (permalink)

Device(s): Eclipsed GNex

So I've just been presented with an interesting opportunity, and I would like to get some community feedback. A friend of mine keeps phones forever, and apparently he has accrued 3 upgrades. He used one recently to get a RAZR M (upgraded from an old feature phone) and has 2 left. I'm thinking of using one of his upgrades to get my Note II. I'm wondering if I should get it as soon as it comes out or wait a little because Samsung seems to like to stager features like color and internal storage. I had already resigned myself to getting the phone in Feb after my tax return arrives, so waiting won't be a killer. I am, however, drooling whenever I read a review. So what say you interwebz... pull the trigger on release day or bide my time waiting for additional options, root, leaked bootloader, etc.
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #516 (permalink)
AF's janitor

twospirits411@gmail.com

Very good question considering the upgrade opportunity you have available to you.

hmmm lets see. If you are not going to root your device, then wait to get the higher storage versions. The issue is no one knows when those versions will be available if at all. It could be soon or as history has shown, much further down the line.

If you do root, then there is a script over at xda-developers that allows you to swap the internal storage (16) for the external one. Thus if you get a 64GB sdcard and do the script you basically have a 64 internal Note 2 at the 16 GB price. (Unless you want both 64 internal and 64 external, then the script wouldn't matter).

I know how you are feeling because i too would like to get the Note on day 1 but also want the 32 or 64 GB version. I also could wait but every review and video is killing me.

TS
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #517 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5; Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post

If you do root, then there is a script over at xda-developers that allows you to swap the internal storage (16) for the external one. Thus if you get a 64GB sdcard and do the script you basically have a 64 internal Note 2 at the 16 GB price. (Unless you want both 64 internal and 64 external, then the script wouldn't matter).

I know how you are feeling because i too would like to get the Note on day 1 but also want the 32 or 64 GB version. I also could wait but every review and video is killing me.

TS
What does this script do with the internal storage? Is it usable?
Old October 9th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #518 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Quote:
...Thus if you get a 64GB sdcard and do the script you basically have a 64 internal Note 2 at the 16 GB price. (Unless you want both 64 internal and 64 external, then the script wouldn't matter)...

TS
Yup, got a 64GB class 10 waiting for install XD
Old October 9th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #519 (permalink)

Quote:
Very good question considering the upgrade opportunity you have available to you.

hmmm lets see. If you are not going to root your device, then wait to get the higher storage versions. The issue is no one knows when those versions will be available if at all. It could be soon or as history has shown, much further down the line.

TS
Will definately root and mod (maybe not an AOSP rom, but definately something customized). That script sounds interesting, but I would be concerned about the IO latency. If all storage references are switched, then I would think that all file IO would suffer and cause the phone to lag. Do you have a link?
Old October 9th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #520 (permalink)

Quote:

TS
At least we're only 2 weeks away from the 24th.
twospirits and ScandaLeX like this.
sponsored links
Old October 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #521 (permalink)

Why must they continue to torture me?!?!?

Five reasons you should buy the Galaxy Note II | PhoneDog
twospirits, wyndslash and almath like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sic4672 For This Useful Post:
treb1797 (October 9th, 2012), twospirits (October 9th, 2012)
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #522 (permalink)

On a side note, this seems promising for all ROM junkies like me:

Samsung 'hears' Exynos community documentation concerns | Android Central
twospirits and apjans like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sic4672 For This Useful Post:
apjans (October 9th, 2012), twospirits (October 9th, 2012)
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #523 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2 Amber Brown, Galaxy Note 3 Jet Black
Carrier: EE, but sim free

Don't know if its been asked yet but is there an led notification for incoming messages/mail etc.... On the Note 2?
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #524 (permalink)

Device(s):

Yes there is a flashing blue led indicator.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to animal47 For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (October 9th, 2012), evohicks (October 9th, 2012), Pioneer74 (October 9th, 2012)
Old October 9th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #525 (permalink)

Device(s): Nokia 6230i,Samsung Galaxy s1,Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on three

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal47 View Post
yep switched mine on, its cool. one more feature i love
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #526 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal47 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlbororman View Post
yep switched mine on, its cool. one more feature i love
Does the LED light stay on when charging w/ red or orange for not fully charged and Green for charge complete, like htc? It's something I've missed from the evo, since I upgraded to the mopho last year.
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #527 (permalink)

Device(s): Evo 4g Nexus S 4g Sprint Galaxy Nexus Lte Galaxy Note 2

Ok I asked but no answer, sooooo I'll ask on this one. How many gigs does the phone come with after bloatware?
drexappeal likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to almath For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (October 9th, 2012)
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #528 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by almath View Post
Ok I asked but no answer, sooooo I'll ask on this one. How many gigs does the phone come with after bloatware?
I remember seeing your question asked somewhere else. So I'm glad you asked here. This time you may actually get an answer.
almath likes this.
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #529 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Source code for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is out

Source: AndroidAuthority
twospirits likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScandaLeX For This Useful Post:
twospirits (October 9th, 2012)
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #530 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by almath View Post

Quote:
I remember seeing your question asked somewhere else. So I'm glad you asked here. This time you may actually get an answer.
I'm surprised none of the UK folks have answered yet. I'd like to know as well. And how the memory is partitioned.
sponsored links
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #531 (permalink)

Device(s): Note II
Carrier: Smart

what about audio quality on the GN2? I use my ipod touch to listen to music, but intend to switch to this once I get it.
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #532 (permalink)
AF's janitor

twospirits411@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic4672 View Post
Will definately root and mod (maybe not an AOSP rom, but definately something customized). That script sounds interesting, but I would be concerned about the IO latency. If all storage references are switched, then I would think that all file IO would suffer and cause the phone to lag. Do you have a link?
There are a few of them over in xda that are actually for the Note 10.1 but I talked to the devs and they are working on a version for the Note 2. here and here

Quote:
Why must they continue to torture me?!?!?

Five reasons you should buy the Galaxy Note II | PhoneDog
I really love that site, I love Aarons and Taylors reviews and posts. Aarons current 30 day Note II challenge is driving me nuts with all the good things he is saying about the Note II.

Quote:
Nice

Quote:
On a side note, this seems promising for all ROM junkies like me:

Samsung 'hears' Exynos community documentation concerns | Android Central
Good news indeed. Hopefully samsung does the right thing.

TS
The Following User Says Thank You to twospirits For This Useful Post:
sic4672 (October 10th, 2012)
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:56 AM   #533 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
what about audio quality on the GN2? I use my ipod touch to listen to music, but intend to switch to this once I get it.
Some audio info
Galaxy Note 2 Specs: Phablet to Feature Same HD Soundcard as Galaxy S3
twospirits likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reeftivo For This Useful Post:
ScandaLeX (October 10th, 2012), wyndslash (October 10th, 2012)
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:02 AM   #534 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
I've read reviews that said sound quality is phenomenal. I think louder than the GS3.
Gosh....how many days til the announcement now?

I saw on another forum some time ago someone had a countdown ticker (like a stock exchange ticker) on their phone and I could kick myself for forgotting to ask where he got it from. Haven't found anything like it in the market.

I'd be SO cool if Phandroid could post a countdown timer to the Note 2 announcement (Oct 24th) on the homepage. Now THAT would give us just a little more reason to salivate.
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #535 (permalink)

Note 2, is coming here on the 17th
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #536 (permalink)

Quote:
What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:07 AM   #537 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Where's here?
Old October 10th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #538 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeftivo View Post
Where's here?
In my pants?
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #539 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2 w/ T-Mobile

Quote:

Is here Sprint??? please let it be so....
Old October 10th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #540 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJameson2010 View Post
Is here Sprint??? please let it be so....
Pretty sure that wyndslash had made some comments before that she is somewhere in Korea. It was regarding the comments I made about how the phone looks ridiculously humongous...LOL. Of course, that wouldn't really make sense because it released in Korea first already, so not sure what she was referring to.
sponsored links
Old October 10th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #541 (permalink)

Even though I was reading a thread on XDA the other day talking about how a screen protector could be "bad" for the Note 2, I couldn't resist and pre-ordered...LOL:

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Oleophobic] [2-PACK] for Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, International - Galaxy Note II / N7100 - Oil Resistant / CLEAR: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old October 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #542 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeftivo View Post
Really hope this doesn't change when launched in the US. I miss my VoodooSound!
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #543 (permalink)

Will the "gaming" sell be the same for all the providers or just T-Mo
Galaxy Note 2 for T-Mobile - Know Your Cell

I hope that, if they do, Sprint offers NBA 2K13 because of their exclusive contract with the NBA...LOL.
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #544 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2 w/ T-Mobile

Quote:
Even though I was reading a thread on XDA the other day talking about how a screen protector could be "bad" for the Note 2, I couldn't resist and pre-ordered...LOL:
What were the reasons that it would be bad? I just ordered the screen protectors and a few cases so I am all set for buying it ASAP! I'm a walking disaster so I need really good cases and screen protectors. In fact I need screen protectors for sunglasses... Those are always getting scratched LOL
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #545 (permalink)

Quote:
What were the reasons that it would be bad? I just ordered the screen protectors and a few cases so I am all set for buying it ASAP! I'm a walking disaster so I need really good cases and screen protectors. In fact I need screen protectors for sunglasses... Those are always getting scratched LOL
Hahaha...honestly, I don't know. Apparently, it says something about it in the Note 2 manual, but there were many also saying that they haven't experienced any issues so far. It was in the Note 2 Accessories thread on XDA

I love SGP's screen protectors and have used them for every device that I've had that SGP made a screen protector for, so I'll be using it on my Note 2 regardless.
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #546 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Oleophobic] [2-PACK] for Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, International - Galaxy Note II / N7100 - Oil Resistant / CLEAR: Cell Phones & Accessories
I ordered these as well today....I have always used the Spigen SGP screen protectors. they are the best out there in my opinion. When clean, they are as clear as the screen itself and very durable.
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #547 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by menmyjeep View Post
I ordered these as well today....I have always used the Spigen SGP screen protectors. they are the best out there in my opinion. When clean, they are as clear as the screen itself and very durable.
I even find them easier to clean than the regular glass.
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #548 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
...... In fact I need screen protectors for sunglasses... Those are always getting scratched LOL
This is hilarious!
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #549 (permalink)

Quote:
Pretty sure that wyndslash had made some comments before that she is somewhere in Korea. It was regarding the comments I made about how the phone looks ridiculously humongous...LOL. Of course, that wouldn't really make sense because it released in Korea first already, so not sure what she was referring to.
Philippines, haha! :-)
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #550 (permalink)

Quote:
Philippines, haha! :-)
Oh...LOL...Okay, so you're a Pinay sista! Good stuff. I didn't want to assume, based on the release article that came out, but that's the only other guess I had...hahaha.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2