Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bonerp
  • 1 Post By ScandaLeX

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 (International),Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via AIM to homegeek Send a message via MSN to homegeek Send a message via Yahoo to homegeek
Default BGR First Impressions of the Note

BGR just did a first impression on the Note 2 and after reading the first line of the review it is amazing how bias "so called" journalist are and how some people should not be allowed to review products.

Samsung Galaxy Note II hands-on

sponsored links
Old September 11th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): SGN3 on O2 UK

Pointless and worthless
breadnatty08 likes this.
Last edited by bonerp; September 11th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old September 11th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

He starts off with his negative feelings about the Note then proceeds to say "completely putting aside my opinions on the product in general."......I don't ever expect to read unbiased reviews from this character; especially when it's a review related to an Android products.

On that note (see what I did there) most of anything posted on BGR has been a huge turnoff to me. They give rave reviews for any and everything Apple related while completely doing the opposite for Android. I didn't notice this until switching to Android.

I can't wait til the Note 2 comes to all carriers and Mr. BGR can choke on his iPhone.
treb1797 likes this.
Old September 11th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 2,841 Times in 2,180 Posts

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Hands-on and First Impressions – Droid Life

With Galaxy Note 2, Samsung perfecting the ‘phablet’

Great article from Kevin Kraus here on Phandroid ( 2nd link )

Droid Life article is so / so, but I like the hands on video ( 1st link )
Old September 12th, 2012, 03:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Need Beer and Mustard

Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 5,412 Times in 3,566 Posts

Never read BGR, just heard how awful the site was. And, this article is from the founder? Wow.
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Blackberry Storm 2 Waiting for VZW Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegeek View Post
BGR just did a first impression on the Note 2 and after reading the first line of the review it is amazing how bias "so called" journalist are and how some people should not be allowed to review products.

Samsung Galaxy Note II hands-on
I didn't think the review was bad at all. He doesn't like the concept of the larger phone, as many don't, but he got passed it and said very nice things about the Note 2.

I have a question for all of you. When I finally saw the Note a few months ago, I had a smile from ear to ear, after craving it for at least nine months. I never got one because ATT phone service is awful where I live and there wasn't any LTE service. Now I am moving to So Florida and the situation seems to be lots better there so ATT is in play.

After seeing the Note, I saw the S3 and I didn't like the screen at all. It wasn't as easy to read as the Note and well that's it. Now comes the Note 2 which seems to be more like the S3 than the Note 1, as far as the screens. I've heard the resolution is better on the Note 1. It seems that the Note 1 with LTE or Wifi is plenty fast and if I am doing lots of internet stuff readability is more important to me than benchmark speed. So, what else am I giving up by going to the Note 1 that won't be there after it gets Jelly Bean? Camera? Video?
Old September 14th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcpa View Post
I didn't think the review was bad at all. He doesn't like the concept of the larger phone, as many don't, but he got passed it and said very nice things about the Note 2.

I have a question for all of you. When I finally saw the Note a few months ago, I had a smile from ear to ear, after craving it for at least nine months. I never got one because ATT phone service is awful where I live and there wasn't any LTE service. Now I am moving to So Florida and the situation seems to be lots better there so ATT is in play.

After seeing the Note, I saw the S3 and I didn't like the screen at all. It wasn't as easy to read as the Note and well that's it. Now comes the Note 2 which seems to be more like the S3 than the Note 1, as far as the screens. I've heard the resolution is better on the Note 1. It seems that the Note 1 with LTE or Wifi is plenty fast and if I am doing lots of internet stuff readability is more important to me than benchmark speed. So, what else am I giving up by going to the Note 1 that won't be there after it gets Jelly Bean? Camera? Video?
My advice, since the Note 2 hasn't hit store shelves yet, wait until it does then physically do a comparison. Your own eyesight of the actually Note 2 screen will help you decide rather than opinions.
Who knows, because the phone is bigger you may find that you actually like the screen once you have one in your hands to play with.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2