Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 17th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Does Galaxy Note 2 have zero shutter lag?

I've been looking all over the Internet to find an answer to this question, but I haven't found anything. So my best bet is to ask someone who has or will have the phone.

All I know is that the Note 2 has the same camera sensor as the Galaxy S3. But that still doesn't answer the question of whether or not it will have zero shutter lag, something that is highly desirable. Among size comparisons and others, it's going to be one of the most important selling points if I choose this phone over the Galaxy S3.

Your thoughts and answers are appreciated.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee1001 View Post
I've been looking all over the Internet to find an answer to this question, but I haven't found anything. So my best bet is to ask someone who has or will have the phone.

All I know is that the Note 2 has the same camera sensor as the Galaxy S3. But that still doesn't answer the question of whether or not it will have zero shutter lag, something that is highly desirable. Among size comparisons and others, it's going to be one of the most important selling points if I choose this phone over the Galaxy S3.

Your thoughts and answers are appreciated.
It will have no shutter lag.
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBuzz View Post
It will have no shutter lag.
Can I have some more information as to where you got this information? I'm not trying to criticize you or anything like that; I just want to learn the details.

If the Galaxy Note 2 indeed does not have zero shutter lag, then that one lacking feature will be a deal breaker for me. So all things point to the Galaxy S3. Or, if the current rumors are true, I could get the Galaxy S4 in March instead. BTW, I have service with AT&T.

I'd like a link that points me to where you got the information. Thanks.
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee1001 View Post
Can I have some more information as to where you got this information? I'm not trying to criticize you or anything like that; I just want to learn the details.

If the Galaxy Note 2 indeed does not have zero shutter lag, then that one lacking feature will be a deal breaker for me. So all things point to the Galaxy S3. Or, if the current rumors are true, I could get the Galaxy S4 in March instead. BTW, I have service with AT&T.

I'd like a link that points me to where you got the information. Thanks.
General Questions you would like answered. Post #51 (Click show) Shutter lag info is there.

GS4 is currently not confirmed. Personally I think it's a rumor.

Samsung calls BS on Galaxy S4 rumor
Last edited by ScandaLeX; September 18th, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Schmear me up.

Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 5,880 Times in 3,865 Posts

It's really not a great answer, but my Gnex has "zero shutter lag", and honestly, it's not worth anything. If I snap a shot super fast, it's ALWAYS blurry. Granted, it's a pretty terrible camera, but I don't find the feature that useful. Something like what Sony is putting in their new phones would be a great feature (that dang dedicated camera button that's going the way of the dinosaur).
If the tech is at all similar to the S3, then I'd imagine it should be plenty fast and close to if not zero lag.
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
It's really not a great answer, but my Gnex has "zero shutter lag", and honestly, it's not worth anything. If I snap a shot super fast, it's ALWAYS blurry. Granted, it's a pretty terrible camera, but I don't find the feature that useful. Something like what Sony is putting in their new phones would be a great feature (that dang dedicated camera button that's going the way of the dinosaur).
If the tech is at all similar to the S3, then I'd imagine it should be plenty fast and close to if not zero lag.
I find the camera on my Gnex to be very good. Pics and vids look great and I am coming from the HTC Incredible which also did a good job there.
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Schmear me up.

Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 5,880 Times in 3,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aentropy View Post
I find the camera on my Gnex to be very good. Pics and vids look great and I am coming from the HTC Incredible which also did a good job there.
Yeah, I went a little overboard. I've taken some decent shots with it, but seeing photos from the new HTC and Samsung phones makes me rather jealous.
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5; Samsung Galaxy S5
Carrier: T-Mobile

The real question is will it have zero (or almost zero) shutter lag while using flash (like my husband's EVO LTE has)...
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
Yeah, I went a little overboard. I've taken some decent shots with it, but seeing photos from the new HTC and Samsung phones makes me rather jealous.

I've owned too many phones to list...including the Gnex and the One X, while the Gnex definitely took decent shoots, my current phone...the Galaxy S3 takes just about the best pics I've ever seen on a phone.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2