Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Like Tree23Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 71
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MaStA819
Default Wait for Note 2 or get Galaxy S3?

Currently I have an iPhone 4 and I can't wait to get off of the Apple bandwagon because I'm sick of how they act as a company and how much they restrict you on a phone you pay for.

I'm trying to figure out whether to just get a Galaxy S3 now or wait for the Note 2. Both seem like great devices to me and I don't know what I should do. The Note series is a bit large, but with that comes a lot of cool features it seems. Is the Note a phone that can fit in your pocket comfortably? It just seems like the Note 2 is going to be the best Samsung has to offer for a while. I don't think an S4 is coming out anytime soon and I'm looking to get a new phone within the next couple of months at the latest. I can sell my iPhone 4 for like $280 right now which will pay for most of the Note 2 and all of what the S3 would cost.

Honestly I am completely happy with the S3, but I just feel like there is something better coming in the next month or two, but I don't know if it will be available for AT&T. If I'm going to lock myself into another two year contract I would at least like to get something that is the most powerful out at the time. I am pretty sure if I call AT&T Enterprise Care they will get me the S3 for probably $99 instead of the $199 that it is going for right now. I've already called and told them their service costs too much when compared to Straight Talk and they waived my $30 unlimited text/mobile to mobile for six months.

I'm sorry that my post is all over the place, but I just threw my thoughts out there as they came to me. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!
BigPeanutHead likes this.

Advertisements
MaStA819 is offline  
Last edited by MaStA819; September 23rd, 2012 at 06:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
aentropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 29
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I'm going with the Note 2 because I want the bigger screen and the s pen will be a very useful feature for me.

The S3 is going to seem giant compared to what you are used to with the Iphone and the Note 2 would be massive. To me that is a good thing but think about it for you.

Is there any way for you to go look at the S3 and a Note (1st version since stores have it now) just to get an idea on size etc?
aentropy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 71
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MaStA819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aentropy View Post
I'm going with the Note 2 because I want the bigger screen and the s pen will be a very useful feature for me.

The S3 is going to seem giant compared to what you are used to with the Iphone and the Note 2 would be massive. To me that is a good thing but think about it for you.

Is there any way for you to go look at the S3 and a Note (1st version since stores have it now) just to get an idea on size etc?
I have looked at both the S3 and Note on several occasions. I was actually just at the AT&T store today again lol.

I did put the Note at the top of my pocket and it seemed like it would slide into my pocket fine, but I'm curious to know how it feels when you sit down, etc. I like the fact that it is like a mini tablet, but holding that thing up to your head makes you look a little funny lol. I don't really care, but just saying.

I wish Google would get going and announce the new Nexus phone. I think the LG Optimus G was announced last week, but do we even know what carriers it is going to?
MaStA819 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaStA819 For This Useful Post:
riffraff (September 30th, 2012)
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 240
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 57
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
Honestly I am completely happy with the S3, but I just feel like there is something better coming in the next month or two
There is always something better coming. If you keep waiting for the "better" phone that is a couple of months out, you'll never get a new one.

I was going to get the S3 when it first came out, but I decided to wait until my wife was eligible for an upgrade so we can do it at the same time. Since Sprint got rid of the yearly upgrades, I have been feeling less loyal (been with them since 99, wife since 98).

Looks like were going to end up staying, and with the Note 2 coming, I'm glad her upgrade doesn't come until December. Note 2 for me, and the Photon Q for her because she likes the hard keyboard.
Pioneer74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 71
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MaStA819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer74 View Post
There is always something better coming. If you keep waiting for the "better" phone that is a couple of months out, you'll never get a new one.

I was going to get the S3 when it first came out, but I decided to wait until my wife was eligible for an upgrade so we can do it at the same time. Since Sprint got rid of the yearly upgrades, I have been feeling less loyal (been with them since 99, wife since 98).

Looks like were going to end up staying, and with the Note 2 coming, I'm glad her upgrade doesn't come until December. Note 2 for me, and the Photon Q for her because she likes the hard keyboard.
I understand what you mean, but I've waited this long so I might as well get the new thing when it comes out. I'd rather have something that out performs an iPhone 5 so I can at least say that much lol.
MaStA819 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
treb1797's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,921
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 3,541
Thanked 2,842 Times in 2,180 Posts
Default

Honestly, you probably couldn't go wrong either way. As a current S3 owner the only reason I will be getting the Note 2 is because of the bigger screen, the S Pen feature is just a very nice added bonus. For me personally I'm not worried about it being to big as folks said the same thing about the S3 before it came out. After having it now for 3 months the only way they could make this phone better ( S3 ) is make the screen bigger.

If I were you since you are coming from an iPhone, I would wait until the Note 2 is lauched & see both devices side by side & make your decision that way. Most of my friends who are iPhone owners ( none of them are iPhone 5 owners, yet ), see my S3 & think it's huge, so who knows what they will say when they see my Note 2. Hope this helps & again, you can't go wrong w/ either device.
treb1797 is offline  
Last edited by treb1797; September 23rd, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 71
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MaStA819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treb1797 View Post
Honestly, you probably couldn't go wrong either way. As a current S3 owner the only reason I will be getting the Note 2 is because of the bigger screen, the S Pen feature is just a very nice added bonus. For me personally I'm not worried about it being to big as folks said the same thing about the S3 before it came out. After having it now for 3 months the only way they could make this phone better ( S3 ) is make the screen bigger.

If I were you since you are coming from an iPhone, I would wait until the Note 2 is lauched & see both devices side by side & make your decision that way. Most of my friends who are iPhone owners ( none of them are iPhone 5 owners, yet ), see my S3 & think it's huge, so who knows what they will say when they see my Note 2. Hope this helps & again, you can't go wrong w/ either device.
I saw the iPhone 5 in person today and thought it felt so narrow, but I put my iPhone 4 up to it and the width was pretty much identical. For some reason the extra length made it look/feel more narrow. I know this was a little off topic, but for some reason I felt I would share it lol.

Honestly I think the Note series is pretty damn cool. I don't talk much on my phone at all anyways. I like how it is pretty much a small tablet and stuff. I'm just curious to see how the battery life will be. I don't have 4G in my area and I think by disabling that feature it will make the battery last much longer. The biggest thing making me lean towards the Note 2 is it will simply have more processing power. I'm not saying the S3 is slow, but I would just prefer to get whatever the newest thing is at the time. I'll probably try the Note 2 out and if I find that I don't like it I can upgrade again after a year with AT&T since they allow upgrades yearly...at least to me they do.
treb1797 likes this.
MaStA819 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,074
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

I'm on metropcs and we should be getting the Galaxy S3 in a few weeks. If metro were to announce they would be getting the note 2 a couple months from now I would wait for the note 2.

That's just me though. I'm patient enough to wait for the best phone option if it's coming.
treb1797 likes this.
__________________
how can you hold someone to a promise they never made to you? - common sense
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
BigPeanutHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 97
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 37 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
I'm trying to figure out whether to just get a Galaxy S3 now or wait for the Note 2. Both seem like great devices to me and I don't know what I should do. The Note series is a bit large, but with that comes a lot of cool features it seems. Is the Note a phone that can fit in your pocket comfortably?

Honestly I am completely happy with the S3, but I just feel like there is something better coming in the next month or two!

As someone else mentioned, there is always something new coming. I wouldnt personally base my phone choice on what is going to be the most powerful personally, because within a few months of getting it you'll hear of an even more powerful phone. I base it on what I need and what will be relevant for at least the next few years (although i typically get a new phone every year)

Personally I think S3 and Note are two of the best choices you could go for right now for phones, so you are off to a great start with your choices. I have a 4S iphone, the next step for me was going to be the S3 until I saw the note 2. Size when calling etc is not really relevant, as it will literally be a mini tablet to me that happens to have the convienience of making calls within it. I rarely call.

Maybe think about how much actual call time you will be making, and if the size etc will be a problem. Then go for the S3? If there was no such thing as the Note 2 in existance, my iphone 4s would have long gone and been replaced by a shiny new S3. As it stands, bring on October for the Note 2. Let us know what you choose
treb1797 and MaStA819 like this.
BigPeanutHead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
3vodroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,174
 
Device(s): Rooted EVO 4G LTE ( MeanRom 4.6),Rooted Toshiba THRiVE (Dalepl's ICS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,561
Thanked 695 Times in 373 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to 3vodroid
Default

As far as the note fitting in your pocket: I know a girl who has one and it fits in her Jean shorts pocket. Which I probably don't need to mention are tight. If the note fits into that pocket... I'm sure it will fit in yours
3vodroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I would go for note 2, galaxy S3 seems a little out of time now
greenml is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 71
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MaStA819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeanutHead View Post
As someone else mentioned, there is always something new coming. I wouldnt personally base my phone choice on what is going to be the most powerful personally, because within a few months of getting it you'll hear of an even more powerful phone. I base it on what I need and what will be relevant for at least the next few years (although i typically get a new phone every year)

Personally I think S3 and Note are two of the best choices you could go for right now for phones, so you are off to a great start with your choices. I have a 4S iphone, the next step for me was going to be the S3 until I saw the note 2. Size when calling etc is not really relevant, as it will literally be a mini tablet to me that happens to have the convienience of making calls within it. I rarely call.

Maybe think about how much actual call time you will be making, and if the size etc will be a problem. Then go for the S3? If there was no such thing as the Note 2 in existance, my iphone 4s would have long gone and been replaced by a shiny new S3. As it stands, bring on October for the Note 2. Let us know what you choose
I think you and I will both benefit from the Note 2. Like you, I do not use my phone to call much anymore unless I have to call a tech support company to gripe about something or my family calls me. I browse the web, text, make my calendar, read e-mails, etc.

Thank you very much for all of the input everyone! It is much appreciated. I just have to decide now whether I should keep my iPhone 4 until the Note 2 is released or buy a cheap go phone to use until the Note 2 is released after selling my iPhone 4. Someone locally will give me $280 for it, but I doubt that they are willing to wait a month or two.
MaStA819 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
BigPeanutHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 97
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 37 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
I just have to decide now whether I should keep my iPhone 4 until the Note 2 is released or buy a cheap go phone to use until the Note 2 is released after selling my iPhone 4.
I would sell it, get a cheap tiny phone to use for a week or until you get your note 2, then when you start using that brand new note 2 with that huge screen the impact will be even more immense after using the tiny phone haha. The transition will be sweeter
BigPeanutHead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 71
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MaStA819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeanutHead View Post
I would sell it, get a cheap tiny phone to use for a week or until you get your note 2, then when you start using that brand new note 2 with that huge screen the impact will be even more immense after using the tiny phone haha. The transition will be sweeter
The only crappy thing is that I will be paying $30/month for my unlimited data and not being able to use it really on some crappy go phone....hmm decisions decisions. If I knew for sure that the Note 2 was coming out in October I would be fine with it, but after speaking with an ATT store yesterday they said it has been pushed out to November. I don't know if he is correct, but it will suck if he is right.
MaStA819 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
BigPeanutHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 97
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 37 Times in 12 Posts
Default

The phone stores in the UK a few days ago confirmed an Oct 2nd release, my order with unlocked mobiles.com was also changed for this new earlier date. I don't know about the U.S .though.
BigPeanutHead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
h1r0ll3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 242
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Any GSM Carrier

Thanks: 22
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Wait for the Note 2. The S4 comes out in February so getting a S3 now might give you a little S4 envy in about 5 months. I'm waiting for the Note 2 so I can ditch my iPhone 4.
h1r0ll3r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,062
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,396
Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vodroid View Post
As far as the note fitting in your pocket: I know a girl who has one and it fits in her Jean shorts pocket. Which I probably don't need to mention are tight. If the note fits into that pocket... I'm sure it will fit in yours
Can't believe nobody said it:

"Pics or we don't believe it!"
twospirits, treb1797 and 3vodroid like this.
__________________
Love the G-Note series!
drexappeal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
3vodroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,174
 
Device(s): Rooted EVO 4G LTE ( MeanRom 4.6),Rooted Toshiba THRiVE (Dalepl's ICS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,561
Thanked 695 Times in 373 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to 3vodroid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Can't believe nobody said it:

"Pics or we don't believe it!"
I KNEW it!
3vodroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,803
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 943 Times in 614 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
I saw the iPhone 5 in person today and thought it felt so narrow, but I put my iPhone 4 up to it and the width was pretty much identical. For some reason the extra length made it look/feel more narrow. I know this was a little off topic, but for some reason I felt I would share it lol.

Honestly I think the Note series is pretty damn cool. I don't talk much on my phone at all anyways. I like how it is pretty much a small tablet and stuff. I'm just curious to see how the battery life will be. I don't have 4G in my area and I think by disabling that feature it will make the battery last much longer. The biggest thing making me lean towards the Note 2 is it will simply have more processing power. I'm not saying the S3 is slow, but I would just prefer to get whatever the newest thing is at the time. I'll probably try the Note 2 out and if I find that I don't like it I can upgrade again after a year with AT&T since they allow upgrades yearly...at least to me they do.
When I checked out the iPhone 5 I didn't like how it felt in my hand compared to the 4S. It didn't feel premium and IMO, looked cheap. Also, I think it's light weight and narrowed frame contributed to how it felt in my hand. It felt like something I'd let a child play with and not freak if they dropped it; like a toy. That's it....it felt like a toy.

To the OP I don't feel you could go wrong with either phone. I've waited this long I'm just gonna stick it out for the Note 2.
ScandaLeX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 71
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MaStA819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
When I checked out the iPhone 5 I didn't like how it felt in my hand compared to the 4S. It didn't feel premium and IMO, looked cheap. Also, I think it's light weight and narrowed frame contributed to how it felt in my hand. It felt like something I'd let a child play with and not freak if they dropped it; like a toy. That's it....it felt like a toy.

To the OP I don't feel you could go wrong with either phone. I've waited this long I'm just gonna stick it out for the Note 2.
I even took my nail to the back of the iPhone 5 and could see visible lines from my nail. They were not popping out at you, but you could see them none the less. I am going to wait for the Note 2 I am pretty confident. A release next month would be awesome and be much better for my situation, but I believe my best bet is to hold onto my iPhone 4 until the Note 2 comes out and then sell it. I can't be without a smartphone for a month or two. I'm bored enough at work as it is and if I get some basic go phone I might pull my hair out lol.
MaStA819 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
BigPeanutHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 97
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 37 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1r0ll3r View Post
Wait for the Note 2. The S4 comes out in February so getting a S3 now might give you a little S4 envy in about 5 months. I'm waiting for the Note 2 so I can ditch my iPhone 4.
I think the S4 in feb was recently confirmed as being untrue by samsung. However once you get the S4 then the Galay Note X will be just around the corner, and so on and so forth. In my opinion, it's best to get what you like now or you'll always be playing catch up trying to get the newest thing.

However if you are one who likes to be at the front regards smartphones, at least with the Note 2 you know that no one's gonna be matching your screen size for a while
BigPeanutHead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
CASUAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Loma Linda, California
Gender: Male
Posts: 140
 
Device(s): Nokia, OG Motorola Razr, Samsung E900, Black Jack, Black Jack 2, Captivate, Note
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 19
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

The note 2 is only slightly taller than the note 1. To me tge original note fits perfectly fine in my front pocket. It feels like having a wallet. Ive had it since it came out and sometimes i randomly look at my note and think to myself "this thing is Huuuuuge".. just like everybody else does when they see it.for.the.first time. Honestly its not that big. Its very practical and it still fits comfortably in my levis 569's... And those levis have some tiny pockets too. I say just get the note 2 you'll get used to it and you'll love it. I never saw the note 1 in person before i bought it online, but im glad i.bought it. The note 2 will be better at multitasking due to the quad corr and it will have all the same features as the GS3... PLUS MORE
MaStA819 likes this.
__________________
"Im always three moves ahead in this game of chess, we call life" - My Quote
CASUAL is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CASUAL For This Useful Post:
BigPeanutHead (September 25th, 2012)
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 71
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MaStA819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASUAL View Post
The note 2 is only slightly taller than the note 1. To me tge original note fits perfectly fine in my front pocket. It feels like having a wallet. Ive had it since it came out and sometimes i randomly look at my note and think to myself "this thing is Huuuuuge".. just like everybody else does when they see it.for.the.first time. Honestly its not that big. Its very practical and it still fits comfortably in my levis 569's... And those levis have some tiny pockets too. I say just get the note 2 you'll get used to it and you'll love it. I never saw the note 1 in person before i bought it online, but im glad i.bought it. The note 2 will be better at multitasking due to the quad corr and it will have all the same features as the GS3... PLUS MORE
You guys are making me want it more and more lol. I really cannot wait to ditch this iPhone 4...
BigPeanutHead likes this.
MaStA819 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaStA819 For This Useful Post:
CASUAL (September 25th, 2012)
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 192
 
Device(s): Droid X,Droid X2,Droid Razr,Viewsonic Gtab
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
The only crappy thing is that I will be paying $30/month for my unlimited data and not being able to use it really on some crappy go phone....hmm decisions decisions. If I knew for sure that the Note 2 was coming out in October I would be fine with it, but after speaking with an ATT store yesterday they said it has been pushed out to November. I don't know if he is correct, but it will suck if he is right.
Better check on being able to use your 30.00 data plan, I was told that you have to use a 3g smartphone to keep the data plan, and you don't want to drop that plan since you can't get it again once it's gone.
Raw Dodge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 27
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Well, I go with Note 2 as its is more sophisticated than S3. RAM will 2 gb with enhanced processor and it will be very futuristic as it will support android 5 version also.
I am dying to see it.
rajeevk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 71
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MaStA819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Dodge View Post
Better check on being able to use your 30.00 data plan, I was told that you have to use a 3g smartphone to keep the data plan, and you don't want to drop that plan since you can't get it again once it's gone.
You are most likely right. The go phone I am looking at getting is 3G, but not a smartphone. I'm going to hang onto my iPhone 4 until I get a new device and then I will sell it. I may not get as much for it as I would right now, but life goes on and I will still have my unlimited data plan.
MaStA819 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,062
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,396
Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevk View Post
Well, I go with Note 2 as its is more sophisticated than S3. RAM will 2 gb with enhanced processor and it will be very futuristic as it will support android 5 version also.
I am dying to see it.
Assuming you mean jelly bean, which is android 4.1.1
rajeevk likes this.
drexappeal is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
3vodroid (September 25th, 2012)
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,062
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,396
Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
You are most likely right. The go phone I am looking at getting is 3G, but not a smartphone. I'm going to hang onto my iPhone 4 until I get a new device and then I will sell it. I may not get as much for it as I would right now, but life goes on and I will still have my unlimited data plan.
Not sure if it's an option for you, but I always keep a backup phone, in the event something goes wrong with my current phone. Iphone 4 can be a decent backup or dedicated music/media player
drexappeal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:41 AM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 27
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Assuming you mean jelly bean, which is android 4.1.1
I am fully aware with android 4.1.1 jelly bean version but I have read that jelly bean version will be upgraded to 5.0 and that will be supported by note 2.
I think jelly bean operating system basic requirement is 2 GB RAM and I think Note 2 will be the only phone with that specification.
rajeevk is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rajeevk For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (September 26th, 2012)
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
3vodroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,174
 
Device(s): Rooted EVO 4G LTE ( MeanRom 4.6),Rooted Toshiba THRiVE (Dalepl's ICS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,561
Thanked 695 Times in 373 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to 3vodroid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevk View Post
I am fully aware with android 4.1.1 jelly bean version but I have read that jelly bean version will be upgraded to 5.0 and that will be supported by note 2.
I think jelly bean operating system basic requirement is 2 GB RAM and I think Note 2 will be the only phone with that specification.
The galaxy s3 also has 2gb of ram.
3vodroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,062
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,396
Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevk View Post
I am fully aware with android 4.1.1 jelly bean version but I have read that jelly bean version will be upgraded to 5.0 and that will be supported by note 2.
I think jelly bean operating system basic requirement is 2 GB RAM and I think Note 2 will be the only phone with that specification.
Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. Just didn't want anyone who might be new to get confused, since it's currently at 4.1.1 or is it 4.1.2 now?
drexappeal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 164
 
Device(s): Sammy Fascinate - CM10 [4.1], LG Spectrum -Stock everything, ICS here I come!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 64
Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Default

I'd wait out until December, it'll be worth your wait. Rumors about the Nexus 2 roam around and well in general, its that time of year where phone companies prepare for then holiday sales, releasing their possibly next flagship device.

Point is that waiting won't hurt, but if you're so tempted, I'd buy the note 2. It seems to be future proof, by that I mean it'd still compete with newer devices as opposed to the Samsung gs3
Lightswarm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): Note 3, Note 10.1 2014ed
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What I'd really like to know, as I wait and wonder which of these two devices would be best for me, is this: is the pen really useful? I think the S3 is fast enough and big enough, but does the pen work well?
I've got an iPad, and a bunch of stylusy things, and none really work well for note taking.
Thanks in advance.
ddoyle777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
3vodroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,174
 
Device(s): Rooted EVO 4G LTE ( MeanRom 4.6),Rooted Toshiba THRiVE (Dalepl's ICS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,561
Thanked 695 Times in 373 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to 3vodroid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoyle777 View Post
What I'd really like to know, as I wait and wonder which of these two devices would be best for me, is this: is the pen really useful? I think the S3 is fast enough and big enough, but does the pen work well?
I've got an iPad, and a bunch of stylusy things, and none really work well for note taking.
Thanks in advance.
The s-pen and a stylus are very different. The s-pen gives you a lot of neat advantages. The biggest one is being able to "hover". Check out some videos in YouTube.

I have the HTC evo 4g lte but if I can get my hands on the note 2 believe me I will
3vodroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #35 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,062
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,396
Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoyle777 View Post
What I'd really like to know, as I wait and wonder which of these two devices would be best for me, is this: is the pen really useful? I think the S3 is fast enough and big enough, but does the pen work well?
I've got an iPad, and a bunch of stylusy things, and none really work well for note taking.
Thanks in advance.
The S-pen kills any stylus I've ever used on a phone...at least when it comes to the newer S-pen. Ever since I got my first smartphone (Samsung i500 that included a stylus), I've been a fan of integrated stylus configurations and was a little disappointed when it started to get phased out of designs.

If you really want to get an idea of how good it is, venture into your local Best Buy and try out the S-pen with the Note 10.1. That experience alone made me consider the Note 10.1/Slate Series 5/Slate Series 7 for Samsung, as my next tablet (sold my Flyer cuz the HTC stylus was awful at writing recognition).

Once the Note 2 was confirmed to be heading to Sprint, it zoomed to the top of my list for my final 1 year upgrade (which I've been holding on to since July). Quite honestly, you won't really understand until you've actually used it yourself. That's why I was so happy that Best Buy had Note 10.1's on display with the S-Pen available to try. Before this, I was actually considering the Lenovo Thinkpad tablet PC, but from all the reports I've read, the S-pen blows the Thinkpad Tablet PC stylus out of the water (no competition).

I can also attest to the pressure sensitivity on the new S-Pen. I have AWFUL handwriting, but the pressure sensitivity allowed for my writing to look just as legible to me as it would on a piece of paper. Without that pressure sensitivity, I think my writing would look worse on a tablet (using a stylus). Best example I could give is, the stores that have the electronic signature device w/ stylus always make people's signatures look awful. If the S-pen and Samsung technology were on those things, signatures would look very much true to a person's actual signature.
twospirits and 3vodroid like this.
drexappeal is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
3vodroid (September 27th, 2012), aentropy (September 28th, 2012), twospirits (September 28th, 2012)
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 27
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vodroid View Post
The galaxy s3 also has 2gb of ram.
Well, Galaxy S3 has two models
Samsung Galaxy I9305 that has 2 GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy I9300 that has 1 GB RAM

and I was talking about I9305, sorry for confusion!
rajeevk is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rajeevk For This Useful Post:
3vodroid (September 28th, 2012)
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #37 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 27
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. Just didn't want anyone who might be new to get confused, since it's currently at 4.1.1 or is it 4.1.2 now?
I think I made some mistake, If it is please let me know.
Well I have watched the official launch of Galaxy note 2 (N7100) has android 4.1.1 jelly bean version installed.
rajeevk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 552
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Verizon Schmishmizon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 45
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Default

I'm not sure I'd put all my money on the S3 right now. 3 months ago it was top of the line, but in about 2 months it's going to be yesterday's technology. I'd be more concerned about the Note 2, Asus Padfone 2(if that even makes it to the US), the HTC DIx, and some others. The S3 is great and will have a ton of dev support for probably another year, and then it'll die off because of some other phone. Of course in 2 months I'll be holding off for another phone coming in 2 more months
chmodx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #39 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,022
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,237
Thanked 4,679 Times in 1,745 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevk View Post
Well, Galaxy S3 has two models
Samsung Galaxy I9305 that has 2 GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy I9300 that has 1 GB RAM

and I was talking about I9305, sorry for confusion!
hmmm i completely forgot about that.

Speaking of which, if after the Note 2 arrives in stores, I would suggest to go to the store and try out both the S3 and the Note 2. if the note 2 isn't to your liking, and the S3 is, then Sprint will be offering it for $50 on Black Friday only.
(i know I sound like a broken record at this point about that sale, but hey the more you know the better you'll be)

TS
treb1797 likes this.
__________________
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

Google + and twitter user.
Click below for image/list of devices...



twospirits is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twospirits For This Useful Post:
treb1797 (September 28th, 2012)
Old September 28th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #40 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,062
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,396
Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevk View Post
I think I made some mistake, If it is please let me know.
Well I have watched the official launch of Galaxy note 2 (N7100) has android 4.1.1 jelly bean version installed.
I'm not sure. It all depends on where you read about the Android 5.0 information because as of right now, the only Jelly Bean version that I'm aware of is 4.1.1 (and it might have been a typo, but I've seen other places mention 4.1.2 - which likely means it's some update for Jelly Bean that might have fixed bugs on certain devices).
drexappeal is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
3vodroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,174
 
Device(s): Rooted EVO 4G LTE ( MeanRom 4.6),Rooted Toshiba THRiVE (Dalepl's ICS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,561
Thanked 695 Times in 373 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to 3vodroid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I'm not sure. It all depends on where you read about the Android 5.0 information because as of right now, the only Jelly Bean version that I'm aware of is 4.1.1 (and it might have been a typo, but I've seen other places mention 4.1.2 - which likely means it's some update for Jelly Bean that might have fixed bugs on certain devices).
Everything I have seen points to the note 2 having 4.1.1 jelly bean but who knows. What I do know is that thing looks sweet. The more I check it out the more I like it. I'm not much of a Samsung guy, but I'm trying to break that. ( having the Samsung moment for 2 years has left me scarred!)

One thing I do wish is that Samsung stepped up their build quality. I'm used to the sexiness of the evo lte. But I guess the removable battery is good enough to sacrifice an aluminum build.
3vodroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #42 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,022
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,237
Thanked 4,679 Times in 1,745 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

Speaking of both the S3 and the Note 2, a bit off topic but this video from Engadget China shows at time index 4:08 a S3 next to the Note 2.

Samsung Galaxy Note II

What i find interesting is that the S3 he is holding has a skinit cover that matches his wallpaper. Looks so cool.

ok back on topic.

TS
twospirits is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #43 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,803
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 943 Times in 614 Posts
Default

Here's something else to consider....it wouldn't surprise me at all if Sprint put the Note 2 up for pre-order. They've enough inside sources to know this phone is going to be the next new hotness; esp. considering Note 1 being an AT&T exclusive and a lot of people wanted this phone but weren't willing to change carriers for it.

Also, everybody and their mama has an iPhone now so, IMO it doesn't have the former hype it once had. The Note 1 and 2 is a new breed of phone--except for those of us who grew up in the age of stylus and find them extremely useful. Personally, I'm glad for the comeback.

Think about it--the Note 2 can become the "it" phone.....ijs.....
drexappeal likes this.
ScandaLeX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,130
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

Note 2's multi window feature is very impressive.

Galaxy Note 2′s Multi-Window Feature is Impressive – Droid Life
twospirits likes this.
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandroidfan For This Useful Post:
BigPeanutHead (September 29th, 2012), twospirits (September 29th, 2012)
Old September 29th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #45 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,062
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,396
Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
Speaking of both the S3 and the Note 2, a bit off topic but this video from Engadget China shows at time index 4:08 a S3 next to the Note 2.

Samsung Galaxy Note II

What i find interesting is that the S3 he is holding has a skinit cover that matches his wallpaper. Looks so cool.

ok back on topic.

TS
Hey, ts, I've seen others very similar...although, I can't remember if it was actually skinit or a different website. When you order the skin, it also gives you a download to the wallpaper. Definitely cool.
drexappeal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wyndslash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,475
 
Device(s): Note II
Carrier: Smart

Thanks: 353
Thanked 336 Times in 300 Posts
Default

yes! love that they included that functionality that was introduced on the note 10.1
__________________
Like my avatar? I got it here: Android net custom icon pack series 3
wyndslash is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #47 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,062
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,396
Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
Here's something else to consider....it wouldn't surprise me at all if Sprint put the Note 2 up for pre-order. They've enough inside sources to know this phone is going to be the next new hotness; esp. considering Note 1 being an AT&T exclusive and a lot of people wanted this phone but weren't willing to change carriers for it.

Also, everybody and their mama has an iPhone now so, IMO it doesn't have the former hype it once had. The Note 1 and 2 is a new breed of phone--except for those of us who grew up in the age of stylus and find them extremely useful. Personally, I'm glad for the comeback.

Think about it--the Note 2 can become the "it" phone.....ijs.....
I think it may still be too big for some. That's even one of my own reservations. The great thing is, Samsung has thought up ways for people to feel more comfortable with it by making the bluetooth spen, and other accessories to suit many peoples different needs.

We'll see how things progress, but i'm looking forward to how the oem's continue to innovate.
ScandaLeX likes this.
drexappeal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,670
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 150
Thanked 417 Times in 331 Posts
Default

I have the Note and very happy with it. I'll admit that the Note II has some cool new features, but I won't be switching.

JB can already be installed on the Note (which has 1GB RAM); so 2GB RAM is not the minimum for JB. Reason why they might not push JB update is because of business decisions - ie. selling more Note IIs. GS3 will get JB, but probably delayed until after the Note II has been released and in the market for a bit. Just like when the Note got ICS, but after GS3 hit the shelves and being sold.

I have an Otterbox Commuter case and Glas.t on the Note. It still fits my front pockets without any issues. But I don't wear jeans and have loose fitting khakis/pants. I also have the S-Pen holder and it's simply much better feeling and more natural than using the S-Pen on its own.

I personally don't think it's huge. The size is a good compromise for a phablet. I also have small/medium hands, so I always have to handle it with 2 hands in most cases.

I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed with either one.
NeoGrandizer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #49 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,022
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,237
Thanked 4,679 Times in 1,745 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandroidfan View Post
Note 2's multi window feature is very impressive.

Galaxy Note 2′s Multi-Window Feature is Impressive – Droid Life
Holy Crap. Am I seeing what i actually seeing?
I looks like they fixed the one issue (most) reviewers had with the mult-view mode on the Note 10.1 tablet. That it could only be used with the Samsung apps and not other ones. I see a few more apps.
On my Note 10.1 I can only use the Internet, Video Player, Polaris Office, gallery and Email. then if you then include the hovering apps you get: Alarm, calculator, Email, Music Player, S-Note, S-Planner, Task manager and World Clock.

if you look at time index 2:14 on the first video you see the following apps that can be used in multiview mode.
Internet (regular stock browser)
YouTube (thats new)
Gmail (also new)
Google Plus (also new)
Messaging
S-Note
S-Voice (also new)
G-talk (also new)
Video player
Gallery
Facebook (also new)

Thats awesome. (But i get a feeling that they are Samsung enhanced versions still)

I do find it odd that the manuals do not mention anything about multiview mode or which apps are used for it.

Also notice that it has paper Artist. An app that i recently downloaded to both my Note 10.1 and Note 5.3 and its pretty awesome.

TS
twospirits is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wyndslash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,475
 
Device(s): Note II
Carrier: Smart

Thanks: 353
Thanked 336 Times in 300 Posts
Default

The video did specify that it's the Korean version. Is that the same as the international versions? It's getting so confusing now
wyndslash is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.