Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree70Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB Titanium on O2 UK with 64GB Sandisk class 10 micro SD card
Carrier: O2-UK

Send a message via ICQ to Liam548
Default 64GB version?

how long do samsung usually make people wait before releasing the 64GB versions of their phones?

Is there a launch date for 65gb note 2 yet?
twospirits likes this.

sponsored links
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam548 View Post
how long do samsung usually make people wait before releasing the 64GB versions of their phones?

Is there a launch date for 65gb note 2 yet?
For the US, I don't even think they ever released the 64gb SGS 3. There were rumors that it would be released in a black color to signify it being the 64gb version, but I haven't seen it yet.

Surprisingly, all of the "formal" announcements, for the Note 2 US release, have only mentioned the 16gb version, not even the 32gb version.

I'm just as curious as you regarding the 64gb versions, as that's the version that I would likely purchase. My only concern with that is, Sprint sold the 32gb SGS3 exclusively through Sprint and I didn't intend on upgrading directly through Sprint, so I hope that 3rd party retailers can offer the higher memory versions (assuming they're even offered).
Old September 25th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB Titanium on O2 UK with 64GB Sandisk class 10 micro SD card

well i hope there is not a 6 month delay like on the S3!
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Note II
Carrier: Smart

i'm intending to purchase the 32gb version. not sure if i could ever fill up 64 gb
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
.....Surprisingly, all of the "formal" announcements, for the Note 2 US release, have only mentioned the 16gb version, not even the 32gb version.
I've noticed this too. No one; not even Samsung is talking about capacity higher than 16GB.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScandaLeX For This Useful Post:
brianvillage5 (October 6th, 2012)
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Titanium Gray 16GB 64GB Sandisk Class 10 micro sd Otterbox Commuter Black
Carrier: Not Provided

Hi, I'm looking to get the 32GB Note 2, since I think 16GB might be too small for me even if I get the 64GB class 10 micro sd. I install apps, and some large games so I'll need the extra space. I guess I need it to take pictures, possibly put my music directly on the phone too.... I'm from the UK

Everywhere only talks about a 16GB version? I have to upgrade soon, and would rather not end up with a 16GB version, then i'll have to root it to move applications and there'll be that inconvenience of only having 16GB space, actually 10GB free because Jelly Bean and all the samsung apps will take up allot of space.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

reply from Samsung
"Dear Liam,

Thank you for contacting Samsung.

Regarding your query please be advised that there currently is no official release date for this product within the UK.

As always you can register online at our Samsung UK website to receive up to date news on all our upcoming products and services.

You can stay up to date on the latest Samsung news on our official Samsung UK Facebook page (facebook.com/SamsungUK) or our Twitter feed (Twitter.com/SamsungUK).

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Stewart
Online Support Team
SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre
"

Basically I think it might not even make it to release and they use it to capture headlines during prelaunch..
10sNinja likes this.
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48
Carrier: T-Mobile (Prepaid)

Yeah that's frustrating cause I'd buy a 64GB one in a second. Hopefully they carry it overseas somewhere and I can get one at some point.
drexappeal likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to JunBringer For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (September 26th, 2012)
Old September 26th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunBringer View Post
Yeah that's frustrating cause I'd buy a 64GB one in a second. Hopefully they carry it overseas somewhere and I can get one at some point.
I'd be right there with you, Jun. This would be the absolute tie breaker. I wouldn't consider any of the other rumored phones, if the 64gb version came out. Even the HTC One X+ w/ 64gb internal that's rumored wouldn't interest me that much (Although, I doubt Sprint actually offers this one, unless it's a Nexus device...like some of the rumors suggest).
Old September 26th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48

I dunno that I could go to Htc at this point with Samsung doing so much innovating software wise. I love all of the cool features of the GS3 that we'll be getting on the Note 2.
drexappeal and ScandaLeX like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to JunBringer For This Useful Post:
sponsored links
Old September 26th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I dunno that I could go to Htc at this point with Samsung doing so much innovating software wise. I love all of the cool features of the GS3 that we'll be getting on the Note 2.
Not to mention how vastly improved Samsung has gotten with regards to support. Once the SGS 2 made them some money, they really stepped up their game by a lot. If you had asked me 1 year ago, I never would've considered a Samsung phone. What a difference 1 year makes.
ScandaLeX likes this.
Old September 26th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'll second that. First generation Galaxy phones were just a mess but they're really getting their crap together with the GS3 and Note phones. They're just making everything else look like they're behind a few years.
drexappeal likes this.
Old September 26th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll second that. First generation Galaxy phones were just a mess but they're really getting their crap together with the GS3 and Note phones. They're just making everything else look like they're behind a few years.
Yup. I remember almost a 3/4 of a year going by (after release) and Epic owners still hadn't gotten updated to Froyo, while Evo owners had already received multiple updates, which included Froyo 1 month after the Evo was released! On top of that, the GPS was horrid.

While I still see complaints about the GPS, that won't bother me as much, as long as it works when I need it. Most of the time, I don't even use GPS unless I'm in the car. The rest of the time, I have it off (which is a habit I might change with the Note II, considering the 3100mah battery).
Old September 26th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

just read that the 32 and 64gb versions wont be released until next year!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam548 For This Useful Post:
Old September 26th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you have the article that talks about that? I tried to send a tweet to Samsung US Mobile about it and this is the generic reply they gave me:

https://twitter.com/SamsungMobileUS/status/250987323628584961
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Titanium Gray 16GB 64GB Sandisk Class 10 micro sd Otterbox Commuter Black

Quote:
Yes, please post the article where you 'read' that. Maybe you read an S3 article and got confused with an old one? Korea are only getting the 32GB and 64GB models as far as I'm aware....

Samsung Galaxy Note II launches on three carriers in Korea -- Engadget
The Following User Says Thank You to keyan333 For This Useful Post:
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

it was not an article as such it was someone elses comment that he had read the 64gb version was not due for release until next year ill try and find it again now
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam548 For This Useful Post:
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Here

Buying UK Samsung Galaxy Note 2 instead of iPhone 5 Phone Reviews
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #19 (permalink)

"I'm told that....."
Don't believe what he says until Monday. Then we'll see what happens in Germany, Korea, France and the UK...
Let's just hope the 32GB is available on release, it wouldn't make sense because it's such a great phone, and 32GB is needed if you want to install lots of apps + save your pictures + full hd videos on, I know there's a micro sd slot, but I'd just use that for videos and other pictures. SD card's are much slower than Internal Memory.

I think, since it comes out in Germany tomorrow..... If they get the 32GB version then it's certain that we will too.
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyan333 View Post
"I'm told that....."
Don't believe what he says until Monday. Then we'll see what happens in Germany, Korea, France and the UK...
Let's just hope the 32GB is available on release, it wouldn't make sense because it's such a great phone, and 32GB is needed if you want to install lots of apps + save your pictures + full hd videos on, I know there's a micro sd slot, but I'd just use that for videos and other pictures. SD card's are much slower than Internal Memory.

I think, since it comes out in Germany tomorrow..... If they get the 32GB version then it's certain that we will too.
samsng is launching an ultra fast sd 64gb though so speed should be ok on that one.

Samsung announces high-speed 64GB UHS-I SD and microSD cards

Samsung Unveils 64GB Ultra-High-Speed Memory Cards | Pocketnow
sponsored links
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
samsng is launching an ultra fast sd 64gb though so speed should be ok on that one.

Samsung announces high-speed 64GB UHS-I SD and microSD cards

Samsung Unveils 64GB Ultra-High-Speed Memory Cards | Pocketnow
Still no need to buy that since it'll be overpriced. Get this Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 Micro SD Card with SD Adapter - FFP: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
Same speed + is much cheaper and comes with a Sd-card adapter.

But think about it, yes it might be 16gb, but you'll have around 10GB free space since the Operating system and the other Samsung apps and note features will take up space on the device. So you need to fit apps on there unless you root the device and move applications to the microsd card. Remember some games are almost 2GB now..... You can move part of the app without rooting but usually it doesn't work too well. And then you need space to take your pictures and videos.

Samsung should have made 32GB the smallest size available on the Note 2....
Although it's still great that it has a micro sd, internal storage is also important.

By the way I'm new to this forum, so hi
10sNinja likes this.
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Still no need to buy that since it'll be overpriced. Get this Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 Micro SD Card with SD Adapter - FFP: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
Same speed + is much cheaper and comes with a Sd-card adapter.

But think about it, yes it might be 16gb, but you'll have around 10GB free space since the Operating system and the other Samsung apps and note features will take up space on the device. So you need to fit apps on there unless you root the device and move applications to the microsd card. Remember some games are almost 2GB now..... You can move part of the app without rooting but usually it doesn't work too well. And then you need space to take your pictures and videos.

Samsung should have made 32GB the smallest size available on the Note 2....
Although it's still great that it has a micro sd, internal storage is also important.

By the way I'm new to this forum, so hi
Hi.

Isnt the samsung card way faster than that Sandisk one though?
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

Not sure, but I'm guessing it'll cost more than double the price, and won't come out until we're well into next year.
wdlssm likes this.
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

Great news! Look what I just found on a German website. Samsung Galaxy note 2 N7100 32GB white | Skinflint Price Comparison EU

Price of the 32GB one, just released a few minutes ago. On that website it's around 630. So I expect it to cost around 600 sim free in the UK.

And the 64GB version too!

Samsung Galaxy note 2 N7100 64GB grey | Skinflint Price Comparison EU

Around 700.

http://skinflint.co.uk/eu/832339

Just found out more information. Check out these links. Price in Korea for the 32gb version was around $970, and then only $1026 for the 64GB version. If this is true and the price difference is so minimal, then it'll be great, but I'm a bit curious.

Seems like there will be a change of the 32GB at least to come to the UK when it's released on Monday. If the price difference for the 64GB isn't too big, might be able to consider that one as well.

http://www.techhive.com/article/2010625/samsung-kicks-off-global-galaxy-note-ii-rollout.html
twospirits and 10sNinja like this.
Last edited by keyan333; September 27th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to keyan333 For This Useful Post:
JunBringer (September 27th, 2012)
Old September 27th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Great news! Look what I just found on a German website. Samsung Galaxy note 2 N7100 32GB white | Skinflint Price Comparison EU

Price of the 32GB one, just released a few minutes ago. On that website it's around 630. So I expect it to cost around 600 sim free in the UK.

And the 64GB version too!

Samsung Galaxy note 2 N7100 64GB grey | Skinflint Price Comparison EU

Around 700.

Samsung Galaxy note 2 N7100 64GB white | Skinflint Price Comparison EU

Just found out more information. Check out these links. Price in Korea for the 32gb version was around $970, and then only $1026 for the 64GB version. If this is true and the price difference is so minimal, then it'll be great, but I'm a bit curious.

Seems like there will be a change of the 32GB at least to come to the UK when it's released on Monday. If the price difference for the 64GB isn't too big, might be able to consider that one as well.

well found.

When do you think the other retailiers will stock it, as the devices must be out there and ready soon.

Anything beginning with a 7 for sim free is OTT though even or me.
Old September 27th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Not sure, but I'm guessing it'll cost more than double the price, and won't come out until we're well into next year.

Samsung read 70mb
write 20mb

Sandisk on amazon just shows
Max. Data Transfer Rate: 30 MB/s

Will the Samsung be much better overall? I do not want to be waiting months for a 64GB drive.
10sNinja likes this.
Old September 27th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Samsung read 70mb
write 20mb

Sandisk on amazon just shows
Max. Data Transfer Rate: 30 MB/s

Will the Samsung be much better overall? I do not want to be waiting months for a 64GB drive.
That's interesting. There are a lot of "claims" regarding Samsung's 64gb micro sd, but I hadn't seen any real world tests or benchmarks yet, so I don't know how much I believe it:

Samsung announces a 104MB/s 64GB microSD card- The Inquirer

Android Police did a review of the UHS-I 64gb SanDisk and the speeds didn't really come close to the 30 mb/s, which is why I'd reserve comments on the Samsung micro SD, until it's actually released and there are proven tests on them.

[Quick Look] SanDisk 64GB microSDXC Ultra High Speed Card: A Fitting Name
10sNinja likes this.
Old September 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Sorry, forgot to post the link

Samsung kicks off global Galaxy Note II rollout | TechHive

Also the US release date is likely going to be October 24th

I called Samsung, they said to call again on Sunday - that's when they'll open and get their stock in. We'll see then. I'm also hoping that O2 will have all versions to order come Monday
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
That's interesting. There are a lot of "claims" regarding Samsung's 64gb micro sd, but I hadn't seen any real world tests or benchmarks yet, so I don't know how much I believe it:

Samsung announces a 104MB/s 64GB microSD card- The Inquirer

Android Police did a review of the UHS-I 64gb SanDisk and the speeds didn't really come close to the 30 mb/s, which is why I'd reserve comments on the Samsung micro SD, until it's actually released and there are proven tests on them.

[Quick Look] SanDisk 64GB microSDXC Ultra High Speed Card: A Fitting Name
Am I right in thinking that even the top end card swith HD films on them cannot play back on say the Note 2 properly? That means all HD videos need to be stored on the internal memory correcy?
Last edited by Liam548; September 27th, 2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Am I right in thinking that even the top end card swith HD films on them cannot play back on say the Note 2 properly? That means all HD videos need to be stored on the internal memory correcy?
Haha is that a joke? No way. Video plays perfectly smoothly. You can even install games on the sd card if you root it and play them smoothly. They just take longer to load. For example Real racing 2, Asphalt 7, Gta 3, Nova 3, Modern combat 3....

Putting things like apps + videos + pictures on the micro sd card just makes opening them slower. You only really need to put the large apps on the micro sd, if you want to, which would only be the case if you got 16gb note 2.
10sNinja likes this.
sponsored links
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Haha is that a joke? No way. Video plays perfectly smoothly. You can even install games on the sd card if you root it and play them smoothly. They just take longer to load. For example Real racing 2, Asphalt 7, Gta 3, Nova 3, Modern combat 3....

Putting things like apps + videos + pictures on the micro sd card just makes opening them slower. You only really need to put the large apps on the micro sd, if you want to, which would only be the case if you got 16gb note 2.

No I read on one of them links above that the cards they were testing even played HD video with no problems. This suggests lesser cards may not.

When you say ROOT it, what do you mean?
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #32 (permalink)

How to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 | Reviews | CNET UK

Rooting isn't usually needed. I won't root mine since I don't want to change the theme and some custom ROM's are buggy. But here's some info on what it is, and how to do it:

How to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 | Reviews | CNET UK
Old September 28th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #33 (permalink)
AF's janitor

Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV

Thanked 4,636 Times in 1,730 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com

The only reason i rooted my current Note is to put Titanium Backup. If it wasn't for that, I'll probably still be on stock. Using the Nova launcher and I was able to customize it to my viewing style.

AS for the 64GB, yeah thats what I would love to get, but I'll be happy with 32 as well.

TS
drexappeal likes this.
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

Google + and twitter user.
Click below for image/list of devices...

Old September 28th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
The only reason i rooted my current Note is to put Titanium Backup. If it wasn't for that, I'll probably still be on stock. Using the Nova launcher and I was able to customize it to my viewing style.

AS for the 64GB, yeah thats what I would love to get, but I'll be happy with 32 as well.

TS
I'm looking forward to trying out Titanium Backup, once I root the Photon (after upgrading to the Note 2). From what I read in today's article, it just added the capability of backing up non-rooted ROM's. So, I'm a little 'bit ignorant to this, but would that mean that I'd be able to save my entire configuration on my phone? Like, if I decided to do a hard reset, I could literally load back all the apps I had on the phone, boot up the titanium backup, and it would re-configure my phone as I had it prior to hard reset?

Unfortunately, due to work security reasons, I'm not likely to root the Note 2...but, I would absolutely LOVE to have either the 64gb version or the 32gb version. I just hope that, if either is offered, Sprint doesn't keep the 32gb version for purchase at Sprint exclusively and not have it available to 3rd party retailers. Best Buy will be my place for upgrade, simply due to all the gift cards I have available.

4 weeks to go until we'll know the details! How fitting that my birthday lands on that Friday, so I'm hoping to have a Note 2 in my hands and can use to record video at the concert I'll be attending on Saturday!
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
I'm looking forward to trying out Titanium Backup, once I root the Photon (after upgrading to the Note 2). From what I read in today's article, it just added the capability of backing up non-rooted ROM's. So, I'm a little 'bit ignorant to this, but would that mean that I'd be able to save my entire configuration on my phone? Like, if I decided to do a hard reset, I could literally load back all the apps I had on the phone, boot up the titanium backup, and it would re-configure my phone as I had it prior to hard reset?

Unfortunately, due to work security reasons, I'm not likely to root the Note 2...but, I would absolutely LOVE to have either the 64gb version or the 32gb version. I just hope that, if either is offered, Sprint doesn't keep the 32gb version for purchase at Sprint exclusively and not have it available to 3rd party retailers. Best Buy will be my place for upgrade, simply due to all the gift cards I have available.

4 weeks to go until we'll know the details! How fitting that my birthday lands on that Friday, so I'm hoping to have a Note 2 in my hands and can use to record video at the concert I'll be attending on Saturday!

From what has been written I gather that when you root your device you are able to store roms etc on the SD drive and use them as if they are on the internal memory while without rooting you cannot store certain things and use them on the SD drive?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liam548 For This Useful Post:
10sNinja (November 3rd, 2012), drexappeal (September 28th, 2012)
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
From what has been written I gather that when you root your device you are able to store roms etc on the SD drive and use them as if they are on the internal memory while without rooting you cannot store certain things and use them on the SD drive?
Not really, no. But some large apps do let you install parts of the files on the micro sd card without rooting. We'll see on Sunday on the release in the UK if the 32GB / 64GB version is offered.
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #37 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Not really, no. But some large apps do let you install parts of the files on the micro sd card without rooting. We'll see on Sunday on the release in the UK if the 32GB / 64GB version is offered.

I generally like to store things on removeable storage whenever i can, Id set default memory to be SD card usually.

I dont think I will be rooting the note though
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:00 AM   #38 (permalink)

Called the Samsung store today. Said tomorrow they'll only have the 16GB White. Then they said the titanium grey is having production problems! So that might be a month before we can get that one! And then the guy, call back in about 4 or 5 weeks to inquire about the 32GB Note 2.

I told him that in Korea they're only selling the 32GB + 64GB currently. He said, the s3 only came in 16GB, and has been 16GB since May.
I know there's a 32GB version out right now.
Then he said that the reason the 32GB probably isn't available right now is because of the micro sd card slot!

So pretty confused now. Will have to wait until Monday to find out if O2 let me pre-order the Titanium Grey 32GB. I really don't like the white one, white phones look cheap and nasty!
Old September 29th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Called the Samsung store today. Said tomorrow they'll only have the 16GB White. Then they said the titanium grey is having production problems! So that might be a month before we can get that one! And then the guy, call back in about 4 or 5 weeks to inquire about the 32GB Note 2.

I told him that in Korea they're only selling the 32GB + 64GB currently. He said, the s3 only came in 16GB, and has been 16GB since May.
I know there's a 32GB version out right now.
Then he said that the reason the 32GB probably isn't available right now is because of the micro sd card slot!

So pretty confused now. Will have to wait until Monday to find out if O2 let me pre-order the Titanium Grey 32GB. I really don't like the white one, white phones look cheap and nasty!
Hmmm...here's to hoping... if he asked you to check back in 4-5 weeks, that falls in line perfectly with the US Note 2 event, so maybe they're holding off on the bigger memory versions until the phone is officially launched in the US also?
Old September 29th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #40 (permalink)

I hope not. It'll be nice if on Monday all the network providers will show their pricing of the 32GB
-64GB I don't care too much about, since it's seriously not needed... 32GB is fine for apps + music + storing the photos + videos taken. Then just insert a 64GB micro sd card to put extra pictures and videos on. I'm sure we won't have to wait longer than a year for a 128gb microsd to come out, and I think the note 2 will support it fine, just like the current note supports 64gb versions

Hope the UK network providers at least have the prices of the 32GB versions and allow the option to pre-order it so they send it when it's available.

In Korea the 32GB and 64GB are the only ones being sold on contracts.
Last edited by keyan333; September 29th, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
sponsored links
Old September 29th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
I hope not. It'll be nice if on Monday all the network providers will show their pricing of the 32GB
-64GB I don't care too much about, since it's seriously not needed... 32GB is fine for apps + music + storing the photos + videos taken. Then just insert a 64GB micro sd card to put extra pictures and videos on. I'm sure we won't have to wait longer than a year for a 128gb microsd to come out, and I think the note 2 will support it fine, just like the current note supports 64gb versions

Hope the UK network providers at least have the prices of the 32GB versions and allow the option to pre-order it so they send it when it's available.

In Korea the 32GB and 64GB are the only ones being sold on contracts.

friend of mine has his Note 2 today!! 16gb though

Just pre ordered a Titanium and a white 64GB Note 2 from Expansys will decide on colour when they confirm it is ready and cancel the other order.
Last edited by Liam548; September 29th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old September 29th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #42 (permalink)

Nice, let's hope they're in stock soon!
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #43 (permalink)

Device(s): RAZR MaXX

Count me in! 64GBs? The more the better. Caching Google music uses a large amount of space. I have the RAZR Maxx and now I get low warning notifications. Uhg!
The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections. - Idiocracy
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #44 (permalink)

You do realize that it's not in stock yet..... Apart from in Korea. Might be a while for the 64GB to come out. I'm hoping the 32GB comes out in the next few days at least.
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
You do realize that it's not in stock yet..... Apart from in Korea. Might be a while for the 64GB to come out. I'm hoping the 32GB comes out in the next few days at least.
I'm hoping sprint does the right thing and offers at least the 32gb. I'm fine with the 16, but 32 or 64 would keep me content for a longer time.
twospirits and ScandaLeX like this.
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #46 (permalink)

I know it may never come, like the 64gb Xyboard tab that Motorola announced, but if it does, that will be the Note 2 I purchase.
drexappeal likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to zombdroid For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (September 30th, 2012)
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombdroid View Post
I know it may never come, like the 64gb Xyboard tab that Motorola announced, but if it does, that will be the Note 2 I purchase.
Yeah, it's strange how those variations with higher storage never made it to US production. Only thing i could think is the providers maximize profit by not offering the higher memory versions.
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, it's strange how those variations with higher storage never made it to US production. Only thing i could think is the providers maximize profit by not offering the higher memory versions.
The argument I hear is "why do you need that much storage with available cloud storage". Verizon my have the largest LTE network, but with restrictive data plans, 2 and 5gb plans are spent very fast. Therefore music fans like myself need the local phone storage. My Xyboard has no SD slot and with my RAZR, I can't move Play Music to SD card
Last edited by zombdroid; September 30th, 2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombdroid View Post
The argument I hear is "why do you need that much storage with available cloud storage". Verizon my have the largest LTE network, but with restrictive data plans, 2 and 5gb plans are spent very fast. Therefore music fans like myself need the local phone storage. My RAZR has no SD slot.
Lol... yeah, I've actually heard the providers mention that argument, which is such a crock because no matter how strong a connection is, it'll never b better than a hard file.

It's almost as bad as the argument i heard from a best buy sales rep selling the beats box, that's 400 bux. When me and my cousin both said out loud, "why is it 400 bux?" This was the exact response, "Because it's bluetooth!".... roflmao... i almost started busting up laughing. i seriously couldn't believe that was the sales pitch!

For me, the extra storage is pretty imperative for my work and personal life. ts, can and a few others that know what I do 4 a living, can attest to my need for extra storage being legit.
Last edited by drexappeal; September 30th, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #50 (permalink)

Device(s): Note II
Carrier: Smart

That may be their argument, but they should still let the consumer choose
ScandaLeX and JunBringer like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2