Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree49Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #201 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Sprint

Have you tried if the ball joint in the Garmin mount would fit your dock? I have a friction pad but does require the suction cap to install a separate Mount.

Happy New Year!!!

sponsored links
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #202 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3

This one looks interesting: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Car Mount Cradle Charger with Handsfree :: MobileFun.com

It's the same price as the iBOLT case that isn't out yet, and it includes a charger, hands free, and works with thin cases. Has anyone tried it yet? I'm tempted to give it a shot.
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #203 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
This one looks interesting: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Car Mount Cradle Charger with Handsfree :: MobileFun.com

It's the same price as the iBOLT case that isn't out yet, and it includes a charger, hands free, and works with thin cases. Has anyone tried it yet? I'm tempted to give it a shot.
Yep that's the one I got for Christmas. I posted about it a few posts up. The 12v charger plug is flimsy. It works with the thin case I got from Verizon.
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #204 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoGrandizer View Post
Does anyone know if there is a good quality friction mount? I have a friction mount on my Garmin unit and it's just plop on dash board, adjust and go. Best thing is no suction cups, vents, etc to deal with. It's litterally plop on dashboard and go. It's also ball jointed, so it's easy to adjust viewing degrees, etc.
Should work fine. I used to use dashboard mounts all the time, but I realized how hot my phone would get, without any way to really cool it down, which is why I decided to get a proclip mount w/ a garmin ball joint mounting plate (for my mount w/ my MoPho). Now, I just purchased the richter mounting clip to work with the Note 2 holders I bought from ebay.

The Note 1 dock should be here sometime on Monday or Tuesday and can't wait to figure out how to make it work exactly as I need it to.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
NeoGrandizer (January 5th, 2013)
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas S View Post
Yep that's the one I got for Christmas. I posted about it a few posts up. The 12v charger plug is flimsy. It works with the thin case I got from Verizon.
Thanks Thomas. Sorry I forgot where I saw mention of this. Does this dock put your phone into car dock mode or have you figured out how to do that?
Old January 5th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #206 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Thanks Thomas. Sorry I forgot where I saw mention of this. Does this dock put your phone into car dock mode or have you figured out how to do that?
Nope, haven't tried yet. I'd imagine you'd just need a programmable nfc tile to do that
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #207 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid X, Samsung Note 2
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Wife got me this:
KiDiGi Car Mount Cradle with Hands Free DC Charger for Galaxy Note 2 CS2 SGN2 | eBay
for Christmas. She only paid $40 for it though. Works pretty good either with or without a case which is nice. The charger it comes with is kinda flimsy. It came apart when I tried to unplug it. It may be because of the way my car's upper 12v outlet is designed, it is recessed and the plug is small so there isn't much to grab a hold of when you are unplugging it. Works fine in my lower outlet but that is kind of awkward because the lower mount is inside the center console. I'm still trying to figure out where to mount it where it won't block too much of my view.
Can you post a few pictures?
The ones on the websights are computer generated.
Also, how do you adjust the volume rocker buttons? I.e. they are on the bottom of the phone. I've seen two pictures with different chargers. On the Migidi website, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Car Mount Cradle it shows a standard charger without the speaker. If I get that because the speaker one is too big to fit in my car, how do you control the volume? I would think the volume control is on the speaker plug opposite the on/off button. No pictures show where the volume control is. I'd like to consider this in place of the iBolt which is not a Note 2 dock, it's generic and fits everything out there. Too many little adjustable feet, and small parts.
My droid X dock was very similar to the MigiDi dock you have. Do you have to close the top latch? On my Droid X which had that same clamp on the top, I absolutely never used it and it was fine for 2 years.
I did not see any videos on youtube.

I can get it with the speaker for $33. Less than the iBolt and possible more secure.
Also, have you got it to activate the car dock mode "automatically" when docked? I.e. I don't want to push a button to activate it. My Droid X and wifes Razr both turn on car dock, rotate horizontally when docked.
Does yours rotate "automatically" to horizontal? That is a BIG deal to me. Hopefully it does. I have an app that does it, but I have to touch a button to activate it, then when I remove the phone off my dock, i have to again turn off the app.
Last edited by serpa4; January 5th, 2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #208 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Good thing I bought the note 1 dock. The clasp for one of my ebay holders broke (I think the car wash people did it without my realizing until now).
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #209 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpa4 View Post
Can you post a few pictures?
The ones on the websights are computer generated.
Also, how do you adjust the volume rocker buttons? I.e. they are on the bottom of the phone. I've seen two pictures with different chargers. On the Migidi website, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Car Mount Cradle it shows a standard charger without the speaker. If I get that because the speaker one is too big to fit in my car, how do you control the volume? I would think the volume control is on the speaker plug opposite the on/off button. No pictures show where the volume control is. I'd like to consider this in place of the iBolt which is not a Note 2 dock, it's generic and fits everything out there. Too many little adjustable feet, and small parts.
My droid X dock was very similar to the MigiDi dock you have. Do you have to close the top latch? On my Droid X which had that same clamp on the top, I absolutely never used it and it was fine for 2 years.
I did not see any videos on youtube.

I can get it with the speaker for $33. Less than the iBolt and possible more secure.
Also, have you got it to activate the car dock mode "automatically" when docked? I.e. I don't want to push a button to activate it. My Droid X and wifes Razr both turn on car dock, rotate horizontally when docked.
Does yours rotate "automatically" to horizontal? That is a BIG deal to me. Hopefully it does. I have an app that does it, but I have to touch a button to activate it, then when I remove the phone off my dock, i have to again turn off the app.
Here's a few pics. You can't adjust the volume, it's completely covered. Best thing to do is just turn it all the way up and leave it that way. You're in the car, it will be noisy anyway. I included a shot with the charger. Like I said, it's flimsy. If you try to pull it by the cord like I had to because of the design of my car's 12v outlet, it will come apart. I think you could probably use it without the top latch but I wouldn't. Not a big deal to flip down the lock. It works with my case but it's a bit of a tight fit. I included a shot or two with the insert installed and with out out and the phone with and without the case. I have my phone's orientation set to auto so it will go to landscape automatically. The dock doesn't include anything to automatically go to car mode. You'd have to get an nfc tec tile and program it I guess.
I can tell you that the suction cup locks and is very secure. There is a disc included that you can affix to your dash to mount it that way. Not something I would ever do but it's there. My biggest problem is figuring out where to mount it where it won't block much of my view. I'm thinking on the passenger side next to the rear view mirror. I will probably order a tablet car charger that is better built and probably will actually be able to charge the phone while I'm using it. Or just skip the charger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Car Mount 008a.jpg (73.4 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Car Mount 009a.jpg (76.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Car Mount 010a.jpg (85.7 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Car Mount 012a.jpg (65.1 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Car Mount 013a.jpg (81.4 KB, 77 views)
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #210 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid X, Samsung Note 2

Thanks for the quick response. Did you put the phone in landscape or did it do it by itself?
Why did you go for this dock over the iBolt (which isnt out)? I know it was your wife who purchased and the iBolt wasn't out. Probably the reason.
sponsored links
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #211 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpa4 View Post
Thanks for the quick response. Did you put the phone in landscape or did it do it by itself?
Why did you go for this dock over the iBolt (which isnt out)? I know it was your wife who purchased and the iBolt wasn't out. Probably the reason.
Exactly, iBolt wasn't out and I figured since it was a gift I had nothing to lose. And I wanted something that was made exactly to fit my phone. And I liked that it works with or without a case.

I have my phone set up to auto rotate through Go Launcher.
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #212 (permalink)

As serpa4 mentioned, I hadn't noticed that the volume keys aren't accessible with this dock. They were accessible on my OEM Galaxy S2 dock, but I don't know that I ever used them, other than to be sure it was turned up all the way. I guess that might be +1 for iBOLT.

Thomas, the charger plug in your pictures looks different than the one in the web site links. The MobileFun link says, "The charger also activates the Note 2 car mode, so you get quick access to all the features you need most while driving." Could that be why yours doesn't activate car mode?

The site also says it, "features a speaker and microphone system, volume control and a multi-function button to accept/make or end calls." Does your plug do that? I think those features might negate the lack of volume control on the phone itself.
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #213 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
As serpa4 mentioned, I hadn't noticed that the volume keys aren't accessible with this dock. They were accessible on my OEM Galaxy S2 dock, but I don't know that I ever used them, other than to be sure it was turned up all the way. I guess that might be +1 for iBOLT.

Thomas, the charger plug in your pictures looks different than the one in the web site links. The MobileFun link says, "The charger also activates the Note 2 car mode, so you get quick access to all the features you need most while driving." Could that be why yours doesn't activate car mode?

The site also says it, "features a speaker and microphone system, volume control and a multi-function button to accept/make or end calls." Does your plug do that? I think those features might negate the lack of volume control on the phone itself.
Nope, mine doesn't have any of those features. I got hosed! Id like to have that plug though.
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #214 (permalink)

Ok guys, got the note 1 dock. While the people on xda who said the dock won't fit (to the point of almost breaking their phone) were 100% wrong, it'd take quite a bit of modification to make this worth fitting. So, I am returning this to Samsung tomorrow. That said, it's so close that with the right modification, I think the oem note 1 dock could absolutely work. I just don't have the time to do it, otherwise it would definitely be a fun project. Now, I just have to decide which dock I'll purchase now. I was gonna just purchase another ebay dock, but might try something else just to experiment.
Last edited by drexappeal; January 8th, 2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #215 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma2burn View Post
Hmmm...that blows. Although I'm kind of surprised because I previously had a droid x and that thing would stick like glue to the tetrax. I looked at the difference in weight between the two and it's only an ounce. Hopefully I don't have that same issue.

I just got a note 2 and am waiting for the new disc I bought to be shipped. I'll let you know how it goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virodeath View Post
I also picked up the Tetrax but I am having an issue with it staying on the vent. I have cranked down on the tension dial as hard as I can (by hand) but the weight of the Note II has caused it to fall more than three times now.

I have also verified the vent isn't sliding down where gravity is helping to pull it off the vent.

This is kind of disappointing, it looks like it has promise but just won't hold.

I also made the mistake of using the shimmed disc first to mount on my case but that limited the amount of tension from the case pressing against the "X" rubber stabilizers and thus caused the phone to spin over time on the base from vibrations in the road.

Virodeath
I got my new case, put the tetrax disc on there, and I've successfully mounted my note 2 to the textrax with no problems at all. Phone isn't slipping or pulling the textrax off the vent. I'm not sure what is going on with your setup but I can say with confidence that mine is working perfectly.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #216 (permalink)

I'm biting the bullet and giving iBolt a shot. Sold out right now, so I have some time. I may even purchase another cheap ebay dock just to use temporarily.
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #217 (permalink)

Just purchased a cheap replacement from ebay because I forgot that I had ebay bucks to use. Cost me .21, so I'll be covered, as far as docks are concerned.
Last edited by drexappeal; January 8th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #218 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Imagio, T-Bolt, Samsung G3, currently have the Samsung GN2

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a car dock mount, that will hold my galaxy note 2 with my otterbox defender case still attached.. anyone have any recommendations. Thanks.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swade8 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a car dock mount, that will hold my galaxy note 2 with my otterbox defender case still attached.. anyone have any recommendations. Thanks.
Ibolt or oem universal
swade8 (January 9th, 2013)
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:52 AM   #220 (permalink)

Did anybody purchase and/or receive their iBolt dock yet?

I purchased through shopandroid and just saw that the latest update is my order won't be ready for shipment until Mid-March!...LOL. Good thing I had ebay bucks to purchase one of the cheap ebay holders.

I might end up cancelling my order, but figured I'd check if anybody else has received their dock and get some feedback on how they like it.
sponsored links
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM   #221 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II

Default Re: Official Vehicle Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post

I purchased through shopandroid and just saw that the latest update is my order won't be ready for shipment until Mid-March!...LOL. Good thing I had ebay bucks to purchase one of the cheap ebay holders.

I might end up cancelling my order, but figured I'd check if anybody else has received their dock and get some feedback on how they like it.
Mine supposedly shipped last Monday (over a week ago) and I still haven't received it. Hopefully it arrives soon.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:14 AM   #222 (permalink)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Quote:

XDA forum has a number of posts with people having problems with iBolt (MHL adapter not working, etc.). I wonder if they suspended shipment until problems get resolved?

Which ebay holder/adapter did you order?

A few days ago I placed an order for this $3.95 clip adapter: Universal Car Windshield Mount Holder Suction Stand for iPhone 5 4S One x s GPS | eBay I know its a knock of another brand name design, but figured to try it out anyway.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:41 AM   #223 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I use an Otterbox Defender case, and obviously don't want to take it off to use a dock. Then I found this site:
Please Select Your SlipGrip Holder

Haven't ordered yet, but a custom snap-in fit sounds phenomenal. They have ones for other cases as well.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:48 AM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
XDA forum has a number of posts with people having problems with iBolt (MHL adapter not working, etc.). I wonder if they suspended shipment until problems get resolved?

Which ebay holder/adapter did you order?

A few days ago I placed an order for this $3.95 clip adapter: Universal Car Windshield Mount Holder Suction Stand for iPhone 5 4S One x s GPS | eBay I know its a knock of another brand name design, but figured to try it out anyway.
I ordered the similar one that I had posted before. Keep in mind, I'm using the proclip mount, not the one that comes with the holder:
Car Vehicle Air Vent Mount Holder Bracket Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 | eBay
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:51 AM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppa View Post
I use an Otterbox Defender case, and obviously don't want to take it off to use a dock. Then I found this site:
Please Select Your SlipGrip Holder

Haven't ordered yet, but a custom snap-in fit sounds phenomenal. They have ones for other cases as well.
Interesting. Link you provided was for the Note 1, but they do have stuff for the Note 2

Galaxy Note II

Only thing is, pricing is kinda high just like the ebay one I ordered, but for those that use a case, it looks like a decent option. The Samsung universal at 50% off might be more preferred by some at that price, but decent option.
Puppa (January 23rd, 2013)
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:41 PM   #226 (permalink)

Ok, here we go with another ebay find! For those who are familiar with Exogear Exomount car mount, you will do a double take because this is a copy of their mount. For $3.95 (shipped from China, Universal Car Windshield Mount Holder Suction Stand for iPhone 5 4S One x s GPS | eBay) you get a pretty decent car mount with a universal clip mechanism.

It fits Note 2 perfectly. Plastic material and spring seems to be durable, although probably not the same high quality as Exogear stuff. Inner rubber lining soft enough not to damage the phone. Suction cup is generic, and sticks very well to any flat surface (tried in the car without any problem, and on granite surface). Universal ball joint allows full 360 degree rotation, and tightens to keep it secure without wobbling. I'm actually very impressed considering how much it cost. This is universal car mount, so it will fit variety of phones. But for sure, as you can see from attached pictures - it fits Note 2 with a case without any problem and very secure!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car_mount_clip-1.jpg (191.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg car_mount_clip-2.jpg (174.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg car_mount_clip-3.jpg (154.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg car_mount_clip-4.jpg (160.9 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg car_mount_clip-5.jpg (164.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg car_mount_clip-6.jpg (158.0 KB, 60 views)
twospirits likes this.
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #227 (permalink)

I was informed by Arkon customer support they are about to release a brand new Slim-Grip Ultra car mount (apparently introduced at CES) which holds everything from Note 2 to Nexus 7. I can't wait to get it and to review it once they start shipping it. I have been using their Megagrip for over 2.5 years, for my Droid X and now Note 2, and one thing I can tell you - their quality is top notch. Unfortunately megagrip is not designed for such a big phone as Note 2, and although it fits - the phone is not perfectly balanced in there. Slim-Grip Ultra should be able to solve that problem. Will post pictures and reviews once I get it!
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #228 (permalink)

Device(s):

So the Proclip USB car dock definitely does not output audio? Like OTG? Cause that would be like the perfect dock for me.
Old February 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #229 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2
Carrier: Big Red

have used the magnet-type mount for going on 3 years now and would never go back to the clunky suction cup robo arm looking over-priced devices.

Simple, cheap and more than effective.
Mount anywhere on your dash you want and it's not taking up windshield space or getting broke off by the car wash attendants.

Currently using brand made by
"Cellet"
Best $4 I've spent on a phone accessory...EVER!

Amazon.com: Cellet Brand Retail Packaged Universal Cell Phone, GPS Magnetic Holder: Cell Phones & Accessories

Old February 27th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #230 (permalink)

Device(s):

Arkon has has their new Slim-Grip Ultra holder available. I took some pics with the sticky dash and windshield mount. I attached it to curved area of the dash and it stuck there good. Galaxy Note 2 with Otterbox Defender.

Slim-Grip® Ultra™ Mounts for Smartphones & Tablets

Last edited by Doyer; March 4th, 2013 at 04:19 PM.
sponsored links
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM   #231 (permalink)

Lol... update regarding the cheap docks from ebay. No good for every day use. The top clamp cracks easy when using daily.

Posted from my G-Note II.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:52 PM   #232 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II

Quote:
Lol... update regarding the cheap docks from ebay. No good for every day use. The top clamp cracks easy when using daily.

Yup, it was nice until the top clamp broke off after 2 months of use.

Sent using the force
drexappeal likes this.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 01:00 AM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloy View Post
Yup, it was nice until the top clamp broke off after 2 months of use.

Sent using the force
I really like the design, but the pressure point is awful. Oh well. I may end up getting the iBolt.

Old March 7th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
Here's a few pics. You can't adjust the volume, it's completely covered. Best thing to do is just turn it all the way up and leave it that way. You're in the car, it will be noisy anyway. I included a shot with the charger. Like I said, it's flimsy. If you try to pull it by the cord like I had to because of the design of my car's 12v outlet, it will come apart. I think you could probably use it without the top latch but I wouldn't. Not a big deal to flip down the lock. It works with my case but it's a bit of a tight fit. I included a shot or two with the insert installed and with out out and the phone with and without the case. I have my phone's orientation set to auto so it will go to landscape automatically. The dock doesn't include anything to automatically go to car mode. You'd have to get an nfc tec tile and program it I guess.
I can tell you that the suction cup locks and is very secure. There is a disc included that you can affix to your dash to mount it that way. Not something I would ever do but it's there. My biggest problem is figuring out where to mount it where it won't block much of my view. I'm thinking on the passenger side next to the rear view mirror. I will probably order a tablet car charger that is better built and probably will actually be able to charge the phone while I'm using it. Or just skip the charger.
Because of your pictures, I decided to give this one a shot. Didn't end up moving forward with the iBolt purchase. I'll take more pics to contribute to this, after I receive the dock. Hopefully, it'll be here faster than I'm anticipating (mobilefun website said it can take up to 3 weeks for processing/delivery combined). I'm not really concerned about accessing the volume control, as I have those settings assigned through the quick profiles app.

Since you've had the dock for a while, can you give some feedback on how it's worked for you since purchase? The dock doesn't accidentally depress the volume buttons whenever you hit a bump or anything, does it?
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aXelerate View Post
I personally like Tetrax XWAY. Holds the phone pretty good, and very convenient. As for direct music connection and integration I use GROM USB adapter for Android - a very cool thing I can say. It connects your phone to car radio via USB and I can use steering wheel controls to change the tracks. The sound quality is darn good, the audio goes through stereo system.
Glad you posted that information! Never heard of GROM until now. Expensive, but great for steering wheel integration. Too bad there isn't a compatible product for my particular car, but I'll definitely keep that in mind if I get a new car within the next few years.

Nontheless, I really don't mind my Samsung HS3000 bluetooth solution (I got it for $29.99, but cheapest I found now is $49.99). I just have that connected to my tape adapter w/ 3.5mm connector and the bluetooth connection is pretty flawless sounding.
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #236 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: AT&T

Speaking of Grom:

GROM Audio User Experience Contest - prize is Nexus 7
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #237 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Because of your pictures, I decided to give this one a shot. Didn't end up moving forward with the iBolt purchase. I'll take more pics to contribute to this, after I receive the dock. Hopefully, it'll be here faster than I'm anticipating (mobilefun website said it can take up to 3 weeks for processing/delivery combined). I'm not really concerned about accessing the volume control, as I have those settings assigned through the quick profiles app.

Since you've had the dock for a while, can you give some feedback on how it's worked for you since purchase? The dock doesn't accidentally depress the volume buttons whenever you hit a bump or anything, does it?
I still use and like it. The mount doesn't touch the volume buttons, at least not with it in the case. I am having a little bit of trouble fitting it in the mount with the case on. It fits but it's tight and it's not easy to lock the top down. And actually I really don't think the top part needs to be down to hold it in place. I'm thinking you could turn the phone on it's right side with the volume buttons facing up and you'd be able to access them. I have a fairly thin case so if you have an Otterbox, Seidio, UAG, etc it probably will not fit, even without the insert.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #238 (permalink)

Quote:
I still use and like it. The mount doesn't touch the volume buttons, at least not with it in the case. I am having a little bit of trouble fitting it in the mount with the case on. It fits but it's tight and it's not easy to lock the top down. And actually I really don't think the top part needs to be down to hold it in place. I'm thinking you could turn the phone on it's right side with the volume buttons facing up and you'd be able to access them. I have a fairly thin case so if you have an Otterbox, Seidio, UAG, etc it probably will not fit, even without the insert.
I actually don't use a case, majority of the time, so that's not a problem for me. Thanks for the update. Hopefully, it ships sooner than anticipated.
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #239 (permalink)

Device(s): verizon samsung nexus
Carrier: verizon

Default Ibolt xProDock Car Holder / Mount Note II

Amazon has this without the cable. It is getting fairly good reviews.

This forum is a bit more detailed than most Amazon reviews. Is anyone using this mount/holder? thoughts?????? likes/dislikes?
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #240 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob52r View Post
Amazon has this without the cable. It is getting fairly good reviews.

This forum is a bit more detailed than most Amazon reviews. Is anyone using this mount/holder? thoughts?????? likes/dislikes?
Has which Mount?

sponsored links
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #241 (permalink)

Got the dock. Works perfectly. I have quick pro settings to make sure volume is up to where it needs to be and I'm good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/drexappeal/Mobile%20Uploads/20130323_165034.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/drexappeal/Mobile%20Uploads/20130323_165026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/drexappeal/Mobile%20Uploads/20130323_165013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/drexappeal/Mobile%20Uploads/20130323_165057.jpg
Old March 24th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #242 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S4, Note2 Galaxy Tab 3 - 8.0

Well, after reading a few posts about car docks, I ordered the iBolt set up for my Note 2. Never really gave it much thought before today, but I can already tell it's going to be handy in my pick up, as well As the dump truck, when I'm delivering equipment for myself and my customers. Now I can't wait to get it.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 05:58 PM   #243 (permalink)

Device(s): GN2, E3d
Carrier: verizon / sprint

well, finally after almost 4 months, Shop Android delivered 2 ibolt xpro docks. i waited only because the price they were selling them for back then got me both mounts delivered for about $62.00usd. i must say, i am very impressed with the quality and fit for the note 2. i was concerned about the fit as i now have the sweet armor bumper along with the flygrip. even with the flygrip it still fits well. maybe the best part of this is the ibolt app for this mount which give tremendous functionality to the note 2 when mounted. if you have one or are going to get one, don't forget to download the free app!
Old April 3rd, 2013, 06:52 PM   #244 (permalink)

I'm so glad I went with the Kidigi mount through mobile fun, rather than waiting for iBolt. The ability to launch "car dock" mode was not important to me. It was more important for me to have that extended microUSB charging dongle, which helps eliminate a hanging dongle (there's actually a place where that dongle holds behind the mount, when it's not in use). I'd still prefer an integrated charging port, but this was close enough and I'm extremely happy. And, it's cheaper than the iBolt car dock. The only thing that makes the iBolt more advantageous for some would be the fact that you can use "bigger" cases with it. If the top clip on my cheap ebay mount goes bad, I may just order another kidigi mount.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:34 PM   #245 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 2

Where did you get the Kidigi for less than the iBolt? That's a pretty slick looking dock, but I'm probably going to go for the iBolt due to the fact that the Kidigi blocks the volume button and I find that I do need to adjust that from time to time while GPS-ing.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:37 PM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddo97 View Post
Where did you get the Kidigi for less than the iBolt? That's a pretty slick looking dock, but I'm probably going to go for the iBolt due to the fact that the Kidigi blocks the volume button and I find that I do need to adjust that from time to time while GPS-ing.
Posted the link earlier in this thread, but happy to post again.

I got the one without the Handsfree. Didn't need that, since I have a bluetooth headset and it was already reported that it didn't launch the car dock app, like it had mentioned in the description (which, again, was not important to me).

$31.99 w/o handsfree
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Car Mount Cradle Charger :: MobileFun.com

There was no free shipping discount, so it ended up being around $5 less than it would've cost me for the iBolt dock. Still worth it, since iBolt still doesn't have the extended charging arm ready.
Toddo97 (April 3rd, 2013)
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:00 PM   #247 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 2

Quote:
Posted the link earlier in this thread, but happy to post again.

I got the one without the Handsfree. Didn't need that, since I have a bluetooth headset and it was already reported that it didn't launch the car dock app, like it had mentioned in the description (which, again, was not important to me).

$31.99 w/o handsfree
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Car Mount Cradle Charger :: MobileFun.com

There was no free shipping discount, so it ended up being around $5 less than it would've cost me for the iBolt dock. Still worth it, since iBolt still doesn't have the extended charging arm ready.

That's a pretty good price. Did I read somewhere that iBolt would have the charging arm shipping on April 21st? I knew there was a reason I wanted to wait a few weeks before getting it.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:08 PM   #248 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
That's a pretty good price. Did I read somewhere that iBolt would have the charging arm shipping on April 21st? I knew there was a reason I wanted to wait a few weeks before getting it.
iBolt has made a lot of promises that have gone by the wayside.
They're saying now the delay is being caused by others outside of their control.
drexappeal likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScandaLeX For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (April 3rd, 2013), Toddo97 (April 4th, 2013)
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:22 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure what the last date was, but they had made a statement on XDA that there was a delay because of one of their manufacturers (or something like that), but kept promising that it would be available. I thought maybe they'd have the arms ready to ship, by the time I had received my Kidigi mount, but nope...still delayed. I haven't even looked at the XDA thread since I posted same pics I posted above with the Kidigi mount set up. I don't think iBolt properly prepared for the popularity that the Note 2 received, so that turned me away immediately. Once they announced the form factor that they went with, I was already looking in a different direction, but then to hear all the delays, it solidified my wanting to find an alternate (if possible). Very glad someone on here posted the Kidigi mount, otherwise I might have been stuck waiting, and waiting, and waiting, like many others.
Toddo97 (April 4th, 2013)
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:23 PM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
iBolt has made a lot of promises that have gone by the wayside.
They're saying now the delay is being caused by others outside of their control.
And yet, Kidigi has a charging arm on their dock and the biggest delay was the long amount of time it took to ship (only thing that was a little annoying was how long it took to ship and receive).
Toddo97 (April 4th, 2013)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2