Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

Like Tree49Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 3rd, 2012, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Desire HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Official Vehicle Dock

Does anyone know how long it takes Samsung to release the official docks?

Got my phone and struggling without a car mount for it.

Cheers in advance.

sponsored links
Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): SGN3 on O2 UK

I've just ordered this

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=120966003427&index=1&nav=SEARCH&ni d=42914476897

The note car mount is poor. I've seen the OE note 2 mount but doesn't have a built in charger.
Old October 4th, 2012, 06:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Desire HD

Mmm. Might take a look at that.

My only concern is there being enough room between the top of the phone and the screen to get an audio cable as I use an FM transmitter in my car for music and calls.

Am I right in thinking that the official Samsung one has the ability to plug the audio lead into the dock itself?
Old October 4th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Has anybody attempted fitting the Note 2 with the Note 1 car dock from last year? I had posed the question in another thread, but this one seems like it's more appropriate.

Obiously, the Note 2 is longer, but I wasn't sure if it was so significantly longer that it won't work in the Note 1 car dock.

I'd really appreciate any info anybody might have on this. I'd even be fine using the original Note 1 car dock, if it required slight modification to work with the Note 2.
Old October 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Just bumping this thread to make sure people jump in on the iBolt thread on xda, so they create a good 3rd party dock for the note 2.
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
I've just ordered this

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=120966003427&index=1&nav=SEARCH&ni d=42914476897

The note car mount is poor. I've seen the OE note 2 mount but doesn't have a built in charger.
Looks nice. Just curious. Are you going to attach this to your dashboard or windshield?
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

We at iBOLT.co are working on a car-dock solution for the Note 2 but it will be quite a few weeks until it's ready. We've been told by a gazillion customers (well, a bunch...) that it must support Otterbox Defender and Ballistic type cases so that's what we are going for. Also, we want to automatically start the car-model so you can install CarHome Ultra with the new "screen sleep" addition, see quick demo here on YouTube.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MikaelPe For This Useful Post:
crash613 (December 2nd, 2012), drexappeal (October 14th, 2012), excav8ter (March 24th, 2013), FrancisJ (December 6th, 2012), KNT544 (October 15th, 2012), MaStA819 (October 31st, 2012), Mkritzell (November 25th, 2012), PiscesCloud (October 15th, 2012), rivera02 (October 14th, 2012), ScandaLeX (November 2nd, 2012), Steam61 (March 8th, 2013)
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

Wireless Qi charging, what's the feeling out there? Naturally we can integrate wireless charging into the new Note 2 Dock but it would probably add quite a bit to the retail price. Also, a bit challenging with case compatibility for technical reasons... Anyway, do you guys think consumers would pay $30-$40 bucks extra for the convenience of wireless charging?
The Following User Says Thank You to MikaelPe For This Useful Post:
FrancisJ (December 6th, 2012)
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelPe View Post
Wireless Qi charging, what's the feeling out there? Naturally we can integrate wireless charging into the new Note 2 Dock but it would probably add quite a bit to the retail price. Also, a bit challenging with case compatibility for technical reasons... Anyway, do you guys think consumers would pay $30-$40 bucks extra for the convenience of wireless charging?
Yes I would totally pay up for that feature. I've had two phones have their internal micro-usb connectors break due to repeated connecting and reconnecting and will do anyone to avoid that!
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
So, instead of 30 it would be 60?

I'd consider it, but the most important part for me would be having audio integration (via usb and 3.5mm adaptor) more–so than wireless charging. Unfortunately, I won't be getting a new car that supports bluetooth audio to the car speakers anytime soon and my preference would be a wired 3.5mm adaptor that will allow me to connect the phone to my car stereo without needing to plug into the 3.5mm jack on the phone. Bottom line is, the ideal car dock is one you can put the phone in and go, while having multiple options to connect audio. If you can create a wireless charging dock, while also being able to have a 3.5mm audio option integrated, I'd be all for that. Whether that's possible or not is the question.

Maybe having one wireless and one wired would be good. #1 concept should be a dock that has a dock and go, allowing the user to not have to think about car stereo connection or charging.
ScandaLeX and SoulSmilen like this.
sponsored links
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2 (AT&T) - OG Evo (Sprint) is now a root toy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
So, instead of 30 it would be 60?

I'd consider it, but the most important part for me would be having audio integration (via usb and 3.5mm adaptor) more–so than wireless charging. Unfortunately, I won't be getting a new car that supports bluetooth audio to the car speakers anytime soon and my preference would be a wired 3.5mm adaptor that will allow me to connect the phone to my car stereo without needing to plug into the 3.5mm jack on the phone. Bottom line is, the ideal car dock is one you can put the phone in and go, while having multiple options to connect audio. If you can create a wireless charging dock, while also being able to have a 3.5mm audio option integrated, I'd be all for that. Whether that's possible or not is the question.

Maybe having one wireless and one wired would be good. #1 concept should be a dock that has a dock and go, allowing the user to not have to think about car stereo connection or charging.
+1

Same for at-home charging dock.
drexappeal and ScandaLeX like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to SoulSmilen For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (October 14th, 2012)
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #12 (permalink)

the new note 2 will not fit into the note oe car dock. Its longer and narrower and the dock isnt adjustable.

I'm going to fit the mount on the windscreen. Hope to get it this week and I'll provide feedback
drexappeal likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bonerp For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (October 15th, 2012), ItalianHunk (October 15th, 2012), SoulSmilen (October 15th, 2012)
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
the new note 2 will not fit into the note oe car dock. Its longer and narrower and the dock isnt adjustable.

I'm going to fit the mount on the windscreen. Hope to get it this week and I'll provide feedback
Thanks for confirming. Wasn't sure if it was that much longer that it wouldn't still work, but from everything I've read on different forums, that seems to be the consensus about the Note 1 OEM dock.
Old October 15th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2 Amber Brown, Galaxy Note 3 Jet Black
Carrier: EE, but sim free

I bought the Samsung phone holder below when O2 were doing priority moments, £10 spend in their shops, just added the extra to get one.....
Samsung Galaxy S3 In-Car Holder: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
It was for my S2 but the Note 2 fits in it also.
I used the cable that connects from my PC to phone to plug it into my car headset (USB), it charges from that and also reads the music and displays on my Sony Mex BT3900 head unit
The Following User Says Thank You to evohicks For This Useful Post:
almath (October 15th, 2012)
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evohicks View Post
I bought the Samsung phone holder below when O2 were doing priority moments, £10 spend in their shops, just added the extra to get one.....
Samsung Galaxy S3 In-Car Holder: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
It was for my S2 but the Note 2 fits in it also.
I used the cable that connects from my PC to phone to plug it into my car headset (USB), it charges from that and also reads the music and displays on my Sony Mex BT3900 head unit
But you have to plug it into your phone every time, correct?
Old October 15th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
MikaelPe - If it's impossible to incorporate a 3.5mm adapter with wireless charging, then if iBolt wireless charging dock included something like the below item, I think that would be accetable as well. And at that point, a 60-70 dock might be more justifiable to the consumers.
3.5mm Stereo HiFi Audio Bluetooth Dongle Adapter ESPOW
Old October 15th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2 Amber Brown, Galaxy Note 3 Jet Black
Carrier: EE, but sim free

Quote:
But you have to plug it into your phone every time, correct?
No, there's no need to plug it in all the time, only if you want to charge or play music via USB, I usually stream music via Bluetooth. This holder does not come with a dock, it's just a holder, but like I said I can plug the same cable that I use to plug the phone into my PC, into my head unit in the car.
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid X, Samsung Note 2
Carrier: Verizon

I must have a powered dock. Coming from a Moto droid line of phones with their excellent accessories sets my standards high.
I'd pay a lot for a wireless charging car dock, yes, a lot. Probably $65-70.
drexappeal and SoulSmilen like this.
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evohicks View Post
No, there's no need to plug it in all the time, only if you want to charge or play music via USB, I usually stream music via Bluetooth. This holder does not come with a dock, it's just a holder, but like I said I can plug the same cable that I use to plug the phone into my PC, into my head unit in the car.
I should've phrased my question differently, but in essence, your answer means that "yes" it would need to be plugged in everytime vs. a dock that already has an integrated microUSB charger.

I always prefer my car docks to have integrated chargers, in the event I need to use NAV to go somewhere I haven't been.
serpa4 likes this.
Old October 16th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II

Thumbs up

Quote:
MikaelPe - If it's impossible to incorporate a 3.5mm adapter with wireless charging, then if iBolt wireless charging dock included something like the below item, I think that would be accetable as well. And at that point, a 60-70 dock might be more justifiable to the consumers.
3.5mm Stereo HiFi Audio Bluetooth Dongle Adapter ESPOW
Exactly what I was thinking!

Also, MikaelPe, would this product be offered in the United States?

Ideally, I'd just like to run one cord up to this unit for charging and not have to have multiple ones (e.g. charging, audio, etc.). If it had an integrated "dongle" as seen above that would broadcast the audio, that would be sweet and would totally cut down the mess. I understand that there is an associated loss in audio fidelity, but I know I'm willing to take that trade-off to avoid another cord.

-Raiderleaf
sponsored links
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderleaf View Post
Exactly what I was thinking!

Also, MikaelPe, would this product be offered in the United States?

Ideally, I'd just like to run one cord up to this unit for charging and not have to have multiple ones (e.g. charging, audio, etc.). If it had an integrated "dongle" as seen above that would broadcast the audio, that would be sweet and would totally cut down the mess. I understand that there is an associated loss in audio fidelity, but I know I'm willing to take that trade-off to avoid another cord.

-Raiderleaf
And just to add, even with the loss in audio quality, bluetooth connection should be much more reliable than radio transmitters (which, I've tried all of them and every single one was awful).
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
And just to add, even with the loss in audio quality, bluetooth connection should be much more reliable than radio transmitters (which, I've tried all of them and every single one was awful).
I will not dispute that lol, but not all of us have Bluetooth in their car! Maybe someday lol ...
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I will not dispute that lol, but not all of us have Bluetooth in their car! Maybe someday lol ...
with the bluetooth 3.5mm adaptor dongle, don't need bluetooth in car. I don't... Lol
Last edited by drexappeal; October 17th, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
with the bluetooth 3.5mm adaptor dongle, don't need bluetooth in car. I don't... Lol
Well this would technically give you a bluetooth connection to anything that uses a 3.5mm input jack, but powering this dongle is the issue. It is powered via AC-USB connection. I don't have a USB in my car, however I do have a AC outlet, but it's at the back end of the car and I don't want to deal with that mess.

I don't see any way around a transmitter if you don't have a separate power source powering the dongle that is compatible with most vehicles. Technically if the dongle ran off of DC it could tap into the 12V going into the back of the radio unit.
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Well this would technically give you a bluetooth connection to anything that uses a 3.5mm input jack, but powering this dongle is the issue. It is powered via AC-USB connection. I don't have a USB in my car, however I do have a AC outlet, but it's at the back end of the car and I don't want to deal with that mess.

I don't see any way around a transmitter if you don't have a separate power source powering the dongle that is compatible with most vehicles. Technically if the dongle ran off of DC it could tap into the 12V going into the back of the radio unit.
I see what you're saying. Well, that's when you buy one of these:
Amazon.com: dual usb car charger

Or you can get one of these
Amazon.com: Black 4-Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub: Computers & Accessories
Old October 17th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
I see what you're saying. Well, that's when you buy one of these:
Amazon.com: dual usb car charger

Or you can get one of these
Amazon.com: Black 4-Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub: Computers & Accessories
I don't disagree with you either, but if we're talking about new unit design, I'd love to have something that avoids the hodgepodge of several different components ... minimize complexity :-)
Old October 17th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't disagree with you either, but if we're talking about new unit design, I'd love to have something that avoids the hodgepodge of several different components ... minimize complexity :-)
Totally understand. I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Quite honestly, I don't mind the wire connectivity. And like you, I don't plan on getting a new car anytime soon (w/ bluetooth connectivity), so even a simple dock and go setup that has a microUSB connected through the dock and 3.5mm adaptor would be more than fine for me. I don't mind the wires, as long as I can route them to stay out of the way.

Wireless, eventually, would be ideal...but I really don't know how "easy" that would be.
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I've just ordered this

SAMSUNG GALAXY S S2 S3 NEXUS BEAM NOTE ACE GIO 3G 4G 2 3 CAR HOLDER CRADLE MOUNT | eBay

Just received this...it has a sticky on the back to fix to screen or dash. Seems very secure.
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #29 (permalink)

My only plan now for a powered mount is to get a wireless STONE charger and "somehow" attach it to the end of a window mount. The plam pre chargers are flat on the bottom and there are several window mounts that the phone clamp portion comes off the sucsion cup and arm leaving a flat plate. I'll mount the STONE wireless charger to that.
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:08 PM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanks for the tip! Yes, a 3.5 mm BT dongle is a good option except that it's another item that needs charging, although that can be solved.
sponsored links
Old October 22nd, 2012, 01:07 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! Yes, a 3.5 mm BT dongle is a good option except that it's another item that needs charging, although that can be solved.
Yes, which is why I'd say having both wired and wireless versions would be great.

When do you anticipate having a dock ready? I'd love to be able to get one soon, considering the phone's release Thursday.
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #32 (permalink)

Device(s):

Any word on progress MikaelPe? Looking forward to purchasing one of these when they come out....keep us updated
drexappeal likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to froidy For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (October 25th, 2012)
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:38 PM   #33 (permalink)

Bumping this thread back up to see if there's been any progress.
Old October 31st, 2012, 10:12 PM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s):

Send a message via AIM to MaStA819

Subscribing
Old November 1st, 2012, 07:27 AM   #35 (permalink)

Here is two options for a powered mount. I might get this.
Samsung Galaxy Note II (USA And Europe) - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and USB Cigarette Lighter Adapter*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note II (USA And Europe) - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and Straight Power Cord for Fixed Installation *-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

Question for you all.
I'm thinking of puting the wireless charging coil in the back of my Note 2. Then mounting the touchstone wireless charger on a car mount.
However, after looking at a few pictures of this coil:

It doesn't look like the coil is centered. When the phone is mounted and centered, the coil will not be centered on the mount. I.e. the touchstone and phone both have magnets that pull it to center. The phone will be off, IMO. I'm guessing this is off a S3 that is narrower and thus centered.
Another concern is the coils are typicall from the palm pre. Do you think that this coil for the Note 2, comes from a pre or even the S3, will be suffecient to charge the Note 2 while in use? Really, the Note 2 has a 5.5 screen, and a much larger battery than the S3 and pre.
My current charger sometimes doesn't keep up with my Droid X. I don't want to do that again. I'm thinking of skipping the wireless and going with the proClip mount.
But, proClip is made for portrait and I use my Note 2 (when VZW gets it to me) for GPS and movies. I don't know if the proclip will hold it securely in landscape. I sent an email to them about my concern. I hope to get a response soon.

Pro Clip also offers a window mount which is not listed on their website yet. They sent me a picture.
Last edited by serpa4; November 1st, 2012 at 12:31 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to serpa4 For This Useful Post:
Chief7 (November 21st, 2012), drexappeal (November 1st, 2012)
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:54 PM   #36 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

n
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpa4 View Post
Samsung Galaxy Note II (USA And Europe) - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and USB Cigarette Lighter Adapter*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note II (USA And Europe) - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and Straight Power Cord for Fixed Installation *-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

Question for you all.
I'm thinking of puting the wireless charging coil in the back of my Note 2. Then mounting the touchstone wireless charger on a car mount.

It doesn't look like the coil is centered. When the phone is mounted and centered, the coil will not be centered on the mount. I.e. the touchstone and phone both have magnets that pull it to center. The phone will be off, IMO. I'm guessing this is off a S3 that is narrower and thus centered.
Another concern is the coils are typicall from the palm pre. Do you think that this coil for the Note 2, comes from a pre or even the S3, will be suffecient to charge the Note 2 while in use? Really, the Note 2 has a 5.5 screen, and a much larger battery than the S3 and pre.
My current charger sometimes doesn't keep up with my Droid X. I don't want to do that again. I'm thinking of skipping the wireless and going with the proClip mount.
But, proClip is made for portrait and I use my Note 2 (when VZW gets it to me) for GPS and movies. I don't know if the proclip will hold it securely in landscape. I sent an email to them about my concern. I hope to get a response soon.

Pro Clip also offers a window mount which is not listed on their website yet. They sent me a picture.
If it doesn't accommodate the device with a case, in my opinion it is a BUST! That is a must-have for any car dock/mount.
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:07 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:

Question for you all.

Thanks for posting that up. Didn't realize ProClip already made the holder for the Note 2. I love the ProClip vehicle specific mounts, but the actually holders are just "ok" for me, not great. I may go with this one, if iBolt lags too long.
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:21 PM   #38 (permalink)

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the window mount and powered phone mount. I use my window mount daily with at least 10-15 docks/un-docks daily. I want a powered mount so I don't have to plug in a wire ever time; just slide it in. I'll get one of the tectiles for NFC to turn on and off BT and car mode and it will be sweat! I don't think a generic one with adjustable foam arms or pads would have made me happy. I love the whole thing being one step of about 2 seconds. The charger is rated at 2 amps so it should provide enough juice for GPS and wifi tether while charging the battery.

The iBolt is a "nice" looking mount for sure. However, it really IMHO, not a powered mount. Yes, it has power, but you have to plug in the phone every time. Hence, it is no different than a passive mount and plugging in the charge wire every time. I do like the cradle though and the aux wire which the proclip doesn't have (and I could definitely use).
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:31 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the window mount and powered phone mount. I use my window mount daily with at least 10-15 docks/un-docks daily. I want a powered mount so I don't have to plug in a wire ever time; just slide it in. I'll get one of the tectiles for NFC to turn on and off BT and car mode and it will be sweat! I don't think a generic one with adjustable foam arms or pads would have made me happy. I love the whole thing being one step of about 2 seconds. The charger is rated at 2 amps so it should provide enough juice for GPS and wifi tether while charging the battery.

The iBolt is a "nice" looking mount for sure. However, it really IMHO, not a powered mount. Yes, it has power, but you have to plug in the phone every time. Hence, it is no different than a passive mount and plugging in the charge wire every time. I do like the cradle though and the aux wire which the proclip doesn't have (and I could definitely use).
iBolt hasn't released their Note 2 mount yet. The only one that is of "plug-in" variety is the SGS 3 mount, but the iPhone AND HTC LTEvo is a powered mount as you've mentioned above.
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:51 PM   #40 (permalink)

Device(s):

Came to recommend what I use for my Galaxy Nexus.

Tetrax - XWAY, EGO, GEO, FIX, FIXWAY, XCASE - Tetrax - XWAY, EGO, GEO, FIX, FIXWAY, XCASE

I'd recommend the Fixway or Xway lines.

They fit on well to most vents and the heat/cold never has bothered mine. It makes it easy to dock in and out too and let you use whatever charging cable you'd like.

Xway is meant for bigger devices like GPS's so it would likely work best. Then you affix a little metal circle that gets held.
sponsored links
Old November 1st, 2012, 04:04 PM   #41 (permalink)

I've looked at those Tetrax mounts and they are very nice, small, convenient, but not a powered mount like many people are looking for. I'm just trying to avoid having to plug in my phone ever time I dock the phone.
PetiePal and ScandaLeX like this.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
iBolt hasn't released their Note 2 mount yet. The only one that is of "plug-in" variety is the SGS 3 mount, but the iPhone AND HTC LTEvo is a powered mount as you've mentioned above.
I NEED THIS

Driving tonight using the Note 2 was HORRIBLE.....Horrible I tell you. Things are cool when you're a passenger but trying to do stuff behind the wheel is setting oneself up for an accident.

I positively loved the vehicle dock for my Motorola Photon; still have it. At this point, I prefer iBolt (watched the youtube vid) because aesthetically it's the coolest looking one I've seen. It has that "pop" factor that screams take my money please!
drexappeal likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScandaLeX For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (November 2nd, 2012)
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:04 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
I NEED THIS

Driving tonight using the Note 2 was HORRIBLE.....Horrible I tell you. Things are cool when you're a passenger but trying to do stuff behind the wheel is setting oneself up for an accident.

I positively loved the vehicle dock for my Motorola Photon; still have it. At this point, I prefer iBolt (watched the youtube vid) because aesthetically it's the coolest looking one I've seen. It has that "pop" factor that screams take my money please!
This. I need a dock soon. But, I'd rather them take their time and do it right.
ScandaLeX likes this.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:29 PM   #44 (permalink)

Looks like someone from xda got an email response from iBolt, projecting for after the 1st of the year... Guess I gotta look for some of my old universal holders to use until it's released.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:46 AM   #45 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Looks like someone from xda got an email response from iBolt, projecting for after the 1st of the year... Guess I gotta look for some of my old universal holders to use until it's released.
Looks like I'm not going to be driving much.
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #46 (permalink)

Device(s):

Send a message via AIM to MaStA819

Subscribing to stay in the loop!
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #47 (permalink)

It'd be nice to get an update from iBolt. Thankfully, the battery is also a beast on this phone, so I won't mind using my universal docks lying around, until they finally launch their dock. I just hope their design is worth the wait.
Old November 10th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #48 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

From their S3 video dock is a BEAST! That's why I'm holding out for them.
Old November 10th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #49 (permalink)

Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Droid 3, Droid, iPhone 3G

I'm looking at the iBolt now, too. It doesn't look that different from Motorola's Droid 3 dock. So if the official dock never comes to be or is inferior.. there is this.

I just hope it's not a pain in the ass on the Note 2 when it comes to changing orientation by flipping it. Motorola will not let you do that as it keeps it locked in landscape when it's docked.
Old November 10th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #50 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingPurist View Post
I'm looking at the iBolt now, too. It doesn't look that different from Motorola's Droid 3 dock. So if the official dock never comes to be or is inferior.. there is this.

I just hope it's not a pain in the ass on the Note 2 when it comes to changing orientation by flipping it. Motorola will not let you do that as it keeps it locked in landscape when it's docked.
iBolt has their own app that works with the dock. Locked pretty cool to me. That's the other reason I don't want to go the universal route. What they do looks very intriguing to me especially considering how much I like tech advancements.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2