Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Like Tree132Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #51 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
Current Widget by RMDroider

I connected the Note 1 to a HTC charger and got 10042mA
then connected to my laptop that has usb power and it shows 5064mA

seems to work. I will test it later with the car chargers I bought, but its pretty bad outside here with the storm.

TS
You better stay inside crap man it is lookin nuts out there

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #52 (permalink)
AF's janitor

Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,679 Times in 1,745 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com

I already posted in mods corner my ordeal today with the trees crashing on my rear patio roof and the power lines popping and sparking due to the tree breaking and looking at the news for the rest of the city, its really is bad.

TS
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

Google + and twitter user.
Click below for image/list of devices...

Old October 29th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #53 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:

seems to work. I will test it later with the car chargers I bought, but its pretty bad outside here with the storm.

TS
Heard bout the storms. Hopefully, the bad weather passes soon.
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #54 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:

TS
Ahhhh I was right.
With all that going on I'm surprised you're on the forums tonight. Are you/fam ok?
Old October 30th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #55 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
Ahhhh I was right.
With all that going on I'm surprised you're on the forums tonight. Are you/fam ok?
I downloaded that widget and with my stock charger the widget says 1mA when charging it.... I thought it was a 2a charger (keep in mind electrical specifications is one thing I just don't ever understand so i could be way off and not have a clue what I am talking about)
Old October 30th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #56 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note2, Ipad2, Samsung NetBook N140. I have owned Iphone4. Original iPod. Itouch.
Carrier: Orange Luxembourg

After 6 days (no 4g) still better battery life than iphone4
Old October 30th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #57 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimphappyhour View Post
Well I had an interesting little experiment so far. Got my first one Saturday night, charged it up full then pulled it off the charger and went to sleep. Woke up and the phone used 10% battery overnight. Drove to brunch Sunday morning with the phone plugged into the car charger from my GNex and the phone died. Got my replacement Sunday afternoon. Charged it fulled before heading to bed and pulling it off the charger. Slept about the same amount of time if not a little more. Woke up this morning and found that this replacement only used 3% battery overnight. As far as I can tell, nothing was different between the two. I suspect there was a defect in the power system on the first one which caused the excessive drain and the ultimate death.
If you're car charging...check the Settings-->Battery screen and make sure that it's charging via AC not USB. If it's charging USB you're only getting 500mAh, which isn't enough to charge and compensate for simultaneous drain. It has to do with the cables...you can buy data shorted cables, (only used for charge) on Amazon SUPER cheap...and they will be recognized as AC and charge the full amount.
Old October 30th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #58 (permalink)

Device(s): Sprint Note II

I am in love with my note II's battery life. With my S3, my battery life went down to about 10% by night time around 10 PM, while my note II with similar usage only drained down to 50%, almost doubled! Either I got a defective S3 battery, or the note 2's battery life is just simply awesome!
Old October 30th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #59 (permalink)
AF's janitor

Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV

Thanked 4,679 Times in 1,745 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Heard bout the storms. Hopefully, the bad weather passes soon.
Quote:
Ahhhh I was right.
I've posting when I can in mods corner but forget to post in the main sections. I'll post here in hidden mode so it wont take the thread out of topic.

Old October 30th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #60 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
I've posting when I can in mods corner but forget to post in the main sections. I'll post here in hidden mode so it wont take the thread out of topic.

Just glad you're ok, bro.
ScandaLeX and donniegood like this.
sponsored links
Old October 30th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #61 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2!
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuandmi View Post
I am in love with my note II's battery life. With my S3, my battery life went down to about 10% by night time around 10 PM, while my note II with similar usage only drained down to 50%, almost doubled! Either I got a defective S3 battery, or the note 2's battery life is just simply awesome!
Great comparison! Thanks!
Old November 1st, 2012, 03:44 PM   #62 (permalink)

Device(s):

Not using LTE yet. But so far it's AMAZING. Which blew my mind b/c even though i was never satisfied with the Iphone(s) battery life i didn't expect the GN2 to be any better but man oh man it is amazing!
ScandaLeX likes this.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:05 PM   #63 (permalink)
AF Addict

Anybody tried this before?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.NanoDinamics.NovaTester&feature=sear ch_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInJ1Lk5hbm9EaW5hbWljc y5Ob3ZhVGVzdGVyIl0.
twospirits likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
twospirits (December 19th, 2012)
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:47 AM   #64 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

I did only because you supplied the link.
Basically this thing told me my phone wasn't found. (Not yet in their list this phone works with). Because of that you cannot get true readings because it'll default to 0 mAh and not 3100.
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:35 AM   #65 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2 Amber Brown, Galaxy Note 3 Jet Black Galaxy Camera 2
Carrier: EE, Unlocked, sim free, European

Untitled by evohicks, on Flickr
Last edited by evohicks; November 4th, 2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #66 (permalink)

Device(s):

It is less than I hoped... needs recharge by 6 pm ...but about 2-3 hours better than iPhone 4s
dfran1 likes this.
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #67 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david6801 View Post
It is less than I hoped... needs recharge by 6 pm ...but about 2-3 hours better than iPhone 4s
welcome to AF...

but keep in mind...
it is a new phone and UI for you, so you must be playing with it more.
try new things and get apps.. downloading... showing your friends..

so you are using the phone a little more than normal..
twospirits likes this.

DropBox: register for free space (we both get 500MB extra space): http://db.tt/sWYVl3j6
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #68 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by david6801 View Post
We can't know how you have your phone set up; brightness, syncing....things like that. I'm averaging over 24hrs on a signal charge and that's with a lot of use. You'd think this were still day 1 for me cause I stuck haven't put it down.

Adjust your settings and let us know how that works out for you. We'll try our best to get you better battery life.
Old November 13th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #69 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi, I went to Seattle this weekend where LTE was available everywhere. I did use the phone consistently throughout the day, but I noticed that I barely made it off of one charge in that day. Does anyone else who has LTE coverage have the same experience? I thought my battery could be defective because it was draining quite quickly. (Btw, I bought my Note 2 through AT&T just as a fyi to compare). I also just got the OEM extra battery and charger from Samsung. And I will be testing between the two batteries to see if there's a difference.
Old November 13th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #70 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmwood View Post
Hi, I went to Seattle this weekend where LTE was available everywhere. I did use the phone consistently throughout the day, but I noticed that I barely made it off of one charge in that day. Does anyone else who has LTE coverage have the same experience? I thought my battery could be defective because it was draining quite quickly. (Btw, I bought my Note 2 through AT&T just as a fyi to compare). I also just got the OEM extra battery and charger from Samsung. And I will be testing between the two batteries to see if there's a difference.
I've read that LTE uses more battery but I don't have it yet in my area to know for sure.
sponsored links
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #71 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,543 Posts

yeah.. if you dont have LTE in your area... then turn of the LTE radio. should save you some battery
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #72 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan330 View Post
yeah.. if you dont have LTE in your area... then turn of the LTE radio. should save you some battery
That's one of the first things I checked in settings when I got this phone. I've been following LTE for my area over at S4GRU. When Philly lights up, then I'll light up.....the phone that is.
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #73 (permalink)
AF Addict

One thing that I absolutely no will save me battery life is if someone can tell me how to stop the phone from waking up on text messages! I hate that. It's one of my pet peeves when a phone wakes up randomly like that. Anybody know how to disable that?
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
One thing that I absolutely no will save me battery life is if someone can tell me how to stop the phone from waking up on text messages! I hate that. It's one of my pet peeves when a phone wakes up randomly like that. Anybody know how to disable that?
I don't have the phone, but I've read that you can set privacy hours where the phone won't ring, etc., and lets you specify if certain favorites can break through that firewall. Can't you set it to not alert you for text messages all day long if you want? Seems like you can have it stop all texts but those of your bff if you want. Am I right?
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #75 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalcanto View Post
I don't have the phone, but I've read that you can set privacy hours where the phone won't ring, etc., and lets you specify if certain favorites can break through that firewall. Can't you set it to not alert you for text messages all day long if you want? Seems like you can have it stop all texts but those of your bff if you want. Am I right?
That's not what I'm wanting to do though. I actually want all my text messages to come in. Let me paint a better picture, so it can be understood exactly what's happening:

2 Gmail Accounts - I get an email on either Gmail, phone stays in standby and doesn't turn on the screen

1 AOL, 1 Hotmail, 1 Work email - I get an email from any of those accounts, phone stays in standby and doesn't turn on (just LED notification blink, which is fine).

Text Message - Every single text message that comes in, the phone screen turns on! I don't mind the notification showing on the top of the notification bar, I also don't mind the LED blink, what I do mind is the stupid screen turning on for every text message I receive. There has got to be a way to turn that off and I've gone through all the settings and feel like I've glanced over the setting that'll disable that. I've even turned off the ones that I thought were causing that, but still nothing. I just don't want the phone screen turning on, while it's in my pocket...and it is very distracting when I'm working and my phone screen turns on.

Can anybody that actually has the phone tell me where to turn that off?
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #76 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II

The battery life in my case has been phenomenal! For the first time I don't have to charge my phone while at work playing my media player the whole day. Charging my phone on the drive home, and by the time I get home, I have more than 90% battery life to use browsing the forums, Facebook etc. Love the phone and I'm happy I chose this phone.
twospirits likes this.
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #77 (permalink)
AF Addict

According to the samsung chat rep I just chatted with (from Liveperson outsourced customer support), there's no way to turn the function off that brings the phone out of standby when receiving a text message! Why the heck would Samsung program the phone this way. By that reasoning, there's no point on having an option for the phone to stay on longer than :30 because if you have the phone in your pocket, it'll continue to turn on if you're getting lots of text messages.

1st thing that I can say I absolutely DETEST about this phone. My battery life is going to suffer bigtime from that ish, with all the text messages I get.
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #78 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3

Thanked 1,855 Times in 619 Posts

Just wanted to mention that I was syncing Facebook contacts and pictures and turned all Facebook syncing off for a day and dramatically increased my battery life.
The Following User Says Thank You to SamMax For This Useful Post:
MSLuyt (June 12th, 2013)
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #79 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4,Galaxy S3,Galaxy S2 skyrocket, Samsung infuse, Galaxy note, Galaxy note 2.
Carrier: AT&T

I'm on wifi 85% of the time, and I'm getting 16+ hours and 6-7 hours of screen time. I've seen others get better but as long as mine stays the way it is I'm happy. My Iphone 4s would be down to 30% by noon.
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #80 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2

Quote:
According to the samsung chat rep I just chatted with (from Liveperson outsourced customer support), there's no way to turn the function off that brings the phone out of standby when receiving a text message! Why the heck would Samsung program the phone this way. By that reasoning, there's no point on having an option for the phone to stay on longer than :30 because if you have the phone in your pocket, it'll continue to turn on if you're getting lots of text messages.

1st thing that I can say I absolutely DETEST about this phone. My battery life is going to suffer bigtime from that ish, with all the text messages I get.
Yeah that could be a problem. Is there a setting to where you can differentiate how long it takes to go to sleep while on the lock screen between how long it takes to go to sleep after a certain amount of inactivity? I imagine it just opens to the lock screen and not actually unlocking and going to home screen when you get a text message.
sponsored links
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #81 (permalink)

Device(s):

All I know is that there's a VERY noticeable increase in battery life and a huge dicrease in charging time (I'm comparing this to Note 1)... I'm on this thing all day long and only need to change (maybe) once. And when I do, is full in just under 2 hours. 3100mAh... gotta love it!
Old November 14th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #82 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:

I'm on my phone so much that I never noticed this happening. About to grab my sons phone and send my Note II some text to test this out.

EDIT I see what you mean. The ONLY good thing about this was the phone remains locked when the screen comes on and only stays on about 2 sec. I could see this being ok for someone not getting a LOT of text but for someone who does, this would get old really really fast!
Last edited by ScandaLeX; November 14th, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old November 14th, 2012, 02:46 AM   #83 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
I'm on my phone so much that I never noticed this happening. About to grab my sons phone and send my Note II some text to test this out.

EDIT I see what you mean. The ONLY good thing about this was the phone remains locked when the screen comes on and only stays on about 2 sec. I could see this being ok for someone not getting a LOT of text but for someone who does, this would get old really really fast!
Thanks SO much for testing for me. Now my problem is, I use Widget Locker and have clickable widgets activated on it. Need to do some research to see if there's a way to get rid of this via root. No clue what Samsung was thinking with this. This ish could be so distracting in a business meeting, if someone left their phone on the table. And then, my other problem is that I usually like having my screen stay on for 2 minutes before going on standby automatically.

I can deal with the shorter timeframe, but having certain tweets texted to me makes this really difficult.
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #84 (permalink)

Device(s): Note II
Carrier: Smart

that sort of function should have an on/off switch
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #85 (permalink)

Carrier: Sprint Sero-P

Quote:
That's not what I'm wanting to do though. I actually want all my text messages to come in. Let me paint a better picture, so it can be understood exactly what's happening:

2 Gmail Accounts - I get an email on either Gmail, phone stays in standby and doesn't turn on the screen

1 AOL, 1 Hotmail, 1 Work email - I get an email from any of those accounts, phone stays in standby and doesn't turn on (just LED notification blink, which is fine).

Text Message - Every single text message that comes in, the phone screen turns on! I don't mind the notification showing on the top of the notification bar, I also don't mind the LED blink, what I do mind is the stupid screen turning on for every text message I receive. There has got to be a way to turn that off and I've gone through all the settings and feel like I've glanced over the setting that'll disable that. I've even turned off the ones that I thought were causing that, but still nothing. I just don't want the phone screen turning on, while it's in my pocket...and it is very distracting when I'm working and my phone screen turns on.

Can anybody that actually has the phone tell me where to turn that off?
Assuming you're running rooted deodexed LJC, this will work - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34102768

I just applied it and it works fine

Edit: I thought you had a Sprint GN2 or at least I think I remember you saying you'd get a Sprint and international version. Anyway, not sure if this will work with the 7100/7105.
Last edited by Jocelyn84; November 14th, 2012 at 03:54 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jocelyn84 For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (November 16th, 2012), ScandaLeX (November 14th, 2012)
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #86 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

@Jocelyn, I clicked the link but upon reading how to install it, that poster mentions nothing about the phone having to be rooted.
Are you certain we must have root first?
If root is not necessary I'll definitely give it s try.

Thanks for posting that.
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:59 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
@Jocelyn, I clicked the link but upon reading how to install it, that poster mentions nothing about the phone having to be rooted.
Are you certain we must have root first?
If root is not necessary I'll definitely give it s try.

Thanks for posting that.
Of course you need to be rooted. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to mount r/w via Root Explorer or whatever explorer you decide to use.
FWIW, rooting this phone is about as easy as it gets. You can use Chainfire's GN2 Toolkit from xda - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1957155
The Following User Says Thank You to Jocelyn84 For This Useful Post:
ScandaLeX (November 14th, 2012)
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:28 AM   #88 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post
Of course you need to be rooted. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to mount r/w via Root Explorer or whatever explorer you decide to use.
FWIW, rooting this phone is about as easy as it gets. You can use Chainfire's GN2 Toolkit from xda - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1957155
Thanks Joce. And here I thought I wouldn't be rooting until later on down the line. Darn you Drex for pointing out that SMS screen wake.
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:

Honestly if it only stays on 2-10 seconds and goes off I don't think it's a big deal. iPhones do the same thing.

With people talking about rooting, is kinda pushing me away from this phone because I feel that if people need to root it to be happy with it, it's not a phone I want.
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
Honestly if it only stays on 2-10 seconds and goes off I don't think it's a big deal. iPhones do the same thing.

With people talking about rooting, is kinda pushing me away from this phone because I feel that if people need to root it to be happy with it, it's not a phone I want.
You can always use a third party messaging app as an alternative without root. I really don't understand why "rooting" would "push" anyone away. I've owned Samsung, HTC, Moto, etc., and there has always been a reason to root with every brand. For example, without rooting an HTC phone your notification and ringer volume are permanently attached. You also can't use an ad blocker app or uninstall bloatware without root, but to each their own.

An unrooted phone is your carriers phone with your number, while a rooted phone is your phone with your carriers number.
twospirits and drexappeal like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jocelyn84 For This Useful Post:
twospirits (November 29th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #91 (permalink)

Device(s):

Normal use of the phone is from 4:00am in the morning to 9:00pm at night.

My old Atrix would have to get charged sometime mid day. I use my phone to check emails at work, use Microsoft lync etc.

The note 2 is not even at 60% by 9:00pm.. I am honestly simply AMAZED at the battery life on this. I leave it in 4gLTE also.
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #92 (permalink)

What are you guys doing with screen brightness? Do you leave it on auto? On my Bionic, I have it set around 20% so I can make it to the end of the day with only about an hour of screen time. I can't wait for the GN2!!!!
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #93 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Any GSM Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas4420 View Post
I'm on wifi 85% of the time, and I'm getting 16+ hours and 6-7 hours of screen time. I've seen others get better but as long as mine stays the way it is I'm happy. My Iphone 4s would be down to 30% by noon.
Yeah, this is about what I'm getting to. I use mine moderately throughout the day and by nighttime, I'm somewhere around 40% remaining. So far, I don't have any complaints about the battery life on this thing
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:35 AM   #94 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan330 View Post
Quote:
That's one of the first things I checked in settings when I got this phone. I've been following LTE for my area over at S4GRU. When Philly lights up, then I'll light up.....the phone that is.
I have a stupid question. How do you turn off LTE? I have AT&T and I think there is LTE coverage at my work but not at my home. I couldn't find in setting where I could turn off LTE. I found the place where I could turn off Mobile Data, but it turns off everything. I am sure it is somewhere; I just haven't been able to locate it yet.

Battery life was great for me. I was streaming Spotify on my way to work this morning. It was 1 hour drive and my battery only dropped about 5%. When I did the same with my old phone (iPhone 3G), it would drop about 50%!

I do find charging it takes forever if I just connect it to PC USB port. It was crawling up so slowly that it was almost pointless to charge it thru the PC. I think the USB only gave out 500mA max according to what I read. And normally it only does 100mA unless the device tells it to switch to 500mA. So I am not sure if I was charging it at 100mA or 500mA. But either way, it is so so... much slower than the 2A adepter from Samsung. I guess I could bring my old iPhone adepter to work, but it is only 1A.
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #95 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Settings - More settings - Mobile networks - Network mode . Choose from there what you want your phone on.

USB charging is painfully slow. If you want your phone to charge quickly use the supplied cord/plug that came with the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcneed View Post
I have a stupid question. How do you turn off LTE? I have AT&T and I think there is LTE coverage at my work but not at my home. I couldn't find in setting where I could turn off LTE. I found the place where I could turn off Mobile Data, but it turns off everything. I am sure it is somewhere; I just haven't been able to locate it yet.

Battery life was great for me. I was streaming Spotify on my way to work this morning. It was 1 hour drive and my battery only dropped about 5%. When I did the same with my old phone (iPhone 3G), it would drop about 50%!

I do find charging it takes forever if I just connect it to PC USB port. It was crawling up so slowly that it was almost pointless to charge it thru the PC. I think the USB only gave out 500mA max according to what I read. And normally it only does 100mA unless the device tells it to switch to 500mA. So I am not sure if I was charging it at 100mA or 500mA. But either way, it is so so... much slower than the 2A adepter from Samsung. I guess I could bring my old iPhone adepter to work, but it is only 1A.
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #96 (permalink)

Device(s):

For my original Korean version 4G LTE, it takes around 3 and half - 4 hours to go from 1% to 100%.
It lasts like 2 days even when I'm using it WHOLE day, playing stuff, reading news, chatting, listening to music and so on..
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #97 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II

Quote:
Settings - More settings - Mobile networks - Network mode . Choose from there what you want your phone on.

USB charging is painfully slow. If you want your phone to charge quickly use the supplied cord/plug that came with the phone.
I have AT&T and under Mobile networks, I only got
Mobile data
Data roaming
Access Point Names
Network operators

Mobile data will let me turn On or turn Off data entirely. The rest does not let me pick much either. Maybe AT&T disabled it?
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #98 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Mobile data
Data roaming
Access Point Names
Network operators

Mobile data will let me turn On or turn Off data entirely. The rest does not let me pick much either. Maybe AT&T disabled it?
My apologies. I have Sprint. Assumed the settings were the same.
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Mobile data
Data roaming
Access Point Names
Network operators

I'm not sure why AT&T would disable something like that.
Old November 14th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #100 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JColch View Post
For my original Korean version 4G LTE, it takes around 3 and half - 4 hours to go from 1% to 100%.
It lasts like 2 days even when I'm using it WHOLE day, playing stuff, reading news, chatting, listening to music and so on..
What the.......mine doesn't last that long...It barely lasts a day for me.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Tags
battery, battery life, galaxy, life, note, note 2

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2