Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree99Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #251 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,871 Times in 1,946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroSporker View Post
Me personally, I'm surprised too. But I'm very glad that they have not expanded and began an exclusive deal with a major chain. I hope that it does not change, ever. I actually don't mind purchasing their product online only. For SGP beginning a relationship with Amazon, and opening an e-store on their market, its a big deal.
We wouldn't want another Zagg would we? (I know, false analogy ) I think not! At this point even their name offends me. It has become the Z-word. Take that F-Bomb!

(speculation)
I think their operation and business model is a conscious choice on their part. Their outwardly perceived limitations may in fact be part of their strength. I think their impediment is mostly self imposed. As much as it may suck for us I can respect their choice, which in my view is, to remain lean and mean.

Just my opinion though.
Very valid point, Pyro...and I do agree. From a selfish perspective, I hope they keep it exactly as it is. I must say, it was frustrating not being able to purchase their product last year (for the Photon), but this year...my phone selection process happened to be ideal for having many more accessory options (even more than the original EVO).

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old November 28th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #252 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2, S2, S3
Carrier: Rogers

I got the Oleo. Add me to the list of unhappy users. Smudges like crazy, does not in any way shape or form - even remotely close - to being as advertised. I've had better results with cheapie eBay protectors on my old S2. Spigen can suck it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThaiM For This Useful Post:
ScandaLeX (December 30th, 2012)
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #253 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiM View Post
I got the Oleo. Add me to the list of unhappy users. Smudges like crazy, does not in any way shape or form - even remotely close - to being as advertised. I've had better results with cheapie eBay protectors on my old S2. Spigen can suck it.
I snatched the ultra clear off mine. It developed a crack but even before that, constantly wiping smudges was driving me out my mind. I've got nothing on it now.
Oddly enough, I've got 90% LESS smudges without a screen protector.
wyndslash likes this.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #254 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not remotely close. It's very close and just like advertised, very easy to wipe away smudges (like I mentioned above, you can use a tissue instead of needing a microfiber cloth or sunglass cloth).

There was someone that mentioned a while back that it's very important for people to not think that the oleophobic protector is an anti-fingerprint protector, because it's not by any stretch of the imagination. It's just supposed to make it easier to clean and have less smudge than the ultra crystal.

Only reason I like it is because I don't mind pressing hard with the SPen with this thing on there. I was a little more hesitant with just the glass.
edlex likes this.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #255 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4,Galaxy S3,Galaxy S2 skyrocket, Samsung infuse, Galaxy note, Galaxy note 2.
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Mine smudges some, but no where near like the no name amazon one I purchased. And with the spige oleo it doesn't take anything to wipe the screen.
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #256 (permalink)

Then I must have a defect. the oil from fingers are almost impossible to wipe clean. It just gets smudged around - microcloth, cotton, etc. doesn't help much. This is making my device look cheap and dirty.
Old November 29th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #257 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Then I must have a defect. the oil from fingers are almost impossible to wipe clean. It just gets smudged around - microcloth, cotton, etc. doesn't help much. This is making my device look cheap and dirty.
Are you sure you got the oleophobic one and not the ultra crystal?
Old November 29th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #258 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

OK, got my Note 2 and I am on the fence about what to get as a screen protector. On my older phones, I just got crap protectors that I usually cut myself and applied. Last phone Moto Razr Maxx, I had a Zagg installed. I loved the look and feel and never had an issue with peeling or any discoloration (only had it for 6 months). The advertisements with the hammers smacking the screen with no cracking was definately a selling point as I usually have my phone and keys in the same pocket.

In any event, Has anyone had an absolutely poor experience with Zagg on this phone?

I have read the posts and definately want to check out an SGP ultra Oleo, but anyone had an opportunity to try both? Anyone that might like Zagg and not absolutely hate them Already read a bunch of those posts.

Thanks, and Hi! I'm Shawn and a new member of the Note 2 Fam.
Old November 29th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #259 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Are you sure you got the oleophobic one and not the ultra crystal?
It came in the girly pink package and all. I'll try to post a video (using my wife's S3) sometime to show how terrible it is.
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #260 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4,Galaxy S3,Galaxy S2 skyrocket, Samsung infuse, Galaxy note, Galaxy note 2.

Quote:
I'm actually starting to see what you mean by oil from touching the screen. Mine still wipes away with little effort, but it is annoying.
sponsored links
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #261 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas4420 View Post
I'm actually starting to see what you mean by oil from touching the screen. Mine still wipes away with little effort, but it is annoying.
To me, that's as advertised. Like I said earlier, it doesn't say that the oleophobic is anti-fingerprint protector, but it does say that you can wipe the screen off easily whenever there are smudges...which it does, easily, just using a shirt or tissue or sweater. I feel far more comfortable wiping this thing off and not worrying about scratching it, than I would the actual glass itself.
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #262 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

To be honest with you all, I'm actually enjoying my phone MORE without the screen protector. So many scary threads make you believe it's a must have item.

It was necessary to wipe the protector at least 20x's a day and I can't count how many times the S-Pen would skip due to some unseen particle on the protector. I've been wiping so much less and even when I'm not, my screen isn't all smudged up.
Last edited by ScandaLeX; November 29th, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #263 (permalink)

Quote:
To me, that's as advertised. Like I said earlier, it doesn't say that the oleophobic is anti-fingerprint protector, but it does say that you can wipe the screen off easily whenever there are smudges...which it does, easily, just using a shirt or tissue or sweater. I feel far more comfortable wiping this thing off and not worrying about scratching it, than I would the actual glass itself.
That's my problem, it doesn't wipe the smudge away. It merely smudges the smudge. I'll post a pic later.
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #264 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
That's my problem, it doesn't wipe the smudge away. It merely smudges the smudge. I'll post a pic later.
Wow, I'd contact SGP for that. It really does sound like you have a defective one. Once I give it a decent wipedown, using my sweater or a tissue, looks crystal clear.
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #265 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
To be honest with you all, I'm actually enjoying my phone MORE without the screen protector. So many scary threads make you believe it's a must have item.

It was necessary to wipe the protector at least 20x's a day and I can't count how many times the S-Pen would skip due to some unseen particle on the protector. I've been wiping so much less and even when I'm not, my screen isn't all smudged up.
Afraid to scratch it or crack it. Asurian is tired of me sending them phones with busted screens. I carry keys and usually a phone in the same pocket, so I can totally see a scratched screen without something to possibly prevent it.
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #266 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnely View Post
Afraid to scratch it or crack it. Asurian is tired of me sending them phones with busted screens. I carry keys and usually a phone in the same pocket, so I can totally see a scratched screen without something to possibly prevent it.
why Why WHYYYYYY? No.....don't answer that....I want you to think about it. LOL!!!
Old November 29th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #267 (permalink)

Device(s):

It's just a bad habit. As a right handed guy pretty much everything ends up in that pocket without ever knowing it. I'm pretty good about not doing it, but it only takes 1 time to wreck a screen.
Old November 29th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #268 (permalink)

Quote:

I don't usually put on a screen protector, but the other night I noticed a light small scratch on my screen and I died a little inside.
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #269 (permalink)

Device(s):

Send a message via AIM to MaStA819

I love my Oleo screen protector. I will wipe it off on my t-shirt every couple of days and it cleans right off. No complaints here...
drexappeal and reeftivo like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaStA819 For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (November 30th, 2012)
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #270 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
I love my Oleo screen protector. I will wipe it off on my t-shirt every couple of days and it cleans right off. No complaints here...
Every couple days? I just do a quick wipe, almost every time before putting it in my pocket. The fact that I can use any kind of material on it and not worry about it scratching the screen is awesome for my needs and it definitely is better than having to break out a micro fiber cloth all the time to clean the glass, just to be "extra" safe that it doesn't scratch.
reeftivo likes this.
sponsored links
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #271 (permalink)

Device(s):

I put on the oleophobic as soon as I got the N2 yesterday.
So far I'm very happy with it. Yes oil from my fingers does get on it, but it's VERY easy to wipe off. Much better than the Verizon branded screen protectors I've been using on my DX.

The only problem is that there is one piece of dust that got in there when I put it on that I can't seem to get off. It creates a small air bubble. I tried tape, but it was a no-go. Any suggestions?
drexappeal likes this.
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #272 (permalink)

Device(s):

Send a message via AIM to MaStA819

Quote:
Every couple days? I just do a quick wipe, almost every time before putting it in my pocket. The fact that I can use any kind of material on it and not worry about it scratching the screen is awesome for my needs and it definitely is better than having to break out a micro fiber cloth all the time to clean the glass, just to be "extra" safe that it doesn't scratch.
My screen stays pretty clean so every couple of days is all it needs. Maybe the inside of my pocket naturally keeps it clean from it rubbing on it.
drexappeal likes this.
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #273 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harplayr View Post
I put on the oleophobic as soon as I got the N2 yesterday.
So far I'm very happy with it. Yes oil from my fingers does get on it, but it's VERY easy to wipe off. Much better than the Verizon branded screen protectors I've been using on my DX.

The only problem is that there is one piece of dust that got in there when I put it on that I can't seem to get off. It creates a small air bubble. I tried tape, but it was a no-go. Any suggestions?
Tape is the only thing I was going to suggest. My method was taken from some other videos I've seen.

1 piece of tape wrapped around my index finger backwards (so the sticky side is out) and another piece of tape to lift the screen protector. I've had pretty good success with that in the past, except for recently (since it's been a while since I've installed one on my phones).
Old December 1st, 2012, 02:46 PM   #274 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: VZW

got the spigen sgp ultra crystal on the advice of you guys
LOVE IT !!!!
way better than the zagg i have on my nexus
the only downside of the spigen is you can't walk into a local store and buy it
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:30 PM   #275 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 2, Sansung Galaxy 2
Carrier: T-mobile

I have the MobC and I love it!! It has a hardness rating of 3H (the same as the more expensive Spigen) which is needed for the S pen. It comes with 2 protectors, cleaning cloth, and screen squeegee, which is all pretty standard stuff. Here is what really sets this package apart, it also comes with a “guide sticker” to make sure its lined up perfectly before you take the film off from the sticky side of the protector, and dust tape to insure clean installation!!! This is a smart all inclusive package

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009M7TY5Y/ref=ox_ya_os_product
Last edited by Ibreakphones; December 1st, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibreakphones For This Useful Post:
snuggles (December 2nd, 2012)
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:40 PM   #276 (permalink)

Device(s): Note II
Carrier: Smart

they're cheaper than spigen too :O
Old December 1st, 2012, 10:28 PM   #277 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2!
Carrier: Verizon

The steamy bathroom trick worked great for avoiding dust. I turned the shower on hot for about about ten minutes and got the bathroom steamed up. I walked in, turned the water off, brought the phone into the room, and then installed the screen protector. First time I didn't have to keep fighting the dust particles. Thanks for that tip guys!
ScandaLeX and evohicks like this.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 02:27 PM   #278 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Zagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangta View Post
Has anybody tried Zagg/invisible shield? I used to use them on the iPhone and Blackberry with good results, but admittedly, haven't looked at the latest/greatest in screen protection for a couple years...

I have tried them 2 times on the old Droid X and Zagg screen covers are terrible.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 02:42 PM   #279 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain53 View Post
I have tried them 2 times on the old Droid X and Zagg screen covers are terrible.
My experiences with Zagg are circa '02/04. Was not a fan. Have friends who swear by them but I just think it's because they haven't tried and other brands and think Zagg is the only brands in existence.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 03:15 PM   #280 (permalink)

Device(s):

Zaggs are good if you're the kind of person (like my girlfriend) who just chucks their phones into their bags, and it bashes up against things like keys, coins and other things that could and will scratch the hell out of the screen.

They have a jelly like feel to them, they are soft and will 'indent' when you scratch onto them, so unlike regular screen stickers, zagg's won't scratch. But because they are soft and jelly like, you loose lots of clarity to the screen, and they become all pimpled and potmarked from all the knocks that they absorb.

Basically Zaggs for me are a waste of time, I like my phone to look and feel new, and with a Zagg the phone looks and feels like it's covered with a layer of sticky back plastic we used to use to cover school books as kids. Basically they're horrible
sponsored links
Old December 2nd, 2012, 04:37 PM   #281 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gti fly View Post
.....I like my phone to look and feel new, and with a Zagg the phone looks and feels like it's covered with a layer of sticky back plastic we used to use to cover school books as kids. Basically they're horrible
Exactly!!!!
Old December 2nd, 2012, 07:05 PM   #282 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibreakphones View Post
I have the MobC and I love it!! It has a hardness rating of 3H (the same as the more expensive Spigen) which is needed for the S pen. It comes with 2 protectors, cleaning cloth, and screen squeegee, which is all pretty standard stuff. Here is what really sets this package apart, it also comes with a “guide sticker” to make sure its lined up perfectly before you take the film off from the sticky side of the protector, and dust tape to insure clean installation!!! This is a smart all inclusive package

Amazon.com: MobC Galaxy Note 2 / N7100 Screen Protector HD Film - 99.9% Clarity Japanese Film - Retail Packaging - Fine Crystal [2-Pack]: Computers & Accessories
Interesting...by the picture, it looks like this covers more areas of the actual phone than SGP.

Could you post up some pics, if possible? I want to see how much of the front is actually covered in comparison to SGP and it it's actually a little more (based on how they cut), I may give this a try.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:41 PM   #283 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2, ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T (junk) now a paper weight! Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Quote:
Interesting...by the picture, it looks like this covers more areas of the actual phone than SGP.

Could you post up some pics, if possible? I want to see how much of the front is actually covered in comparison to SGP and it it's actually a little more (based on how they cut), I may give this a try.
I ordered them from Amazon and will give it a shot. I never used screen protectors in the past but feel compeled to do so now because the screen is so massive and beautiful on the Galaxy Note 2!
Old December 2nd, 2012, 10:22 PM   #284 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2

Quote:

I wouldn't order anything that covers more area than the spigen protectors. Reason I say this is because there is a reason they did that, it wasn't just to piss people off. I had Verizon apply a screen protector (one of their three packs) and she didn't get it on perfectly so in the corner where it's off it looks like it can be easily lifted.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 10:42 PM   #285 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

I'm not sure why so many people are bothered that SGP doesn't cover the entire front of the phone. It covers the active part of the screen; anything else is bezel that neither your finger or S-Pen comes in contact with.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:40 AM   #286 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB Titanium on O2 UK with 64GB Sandisk class 10 micro SD card
Carrier: O2-UK

Send a message via ICQ to Liam548

Quote:
3m microfibre cloth is what you need
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:43 AM   #287 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam548 View Post
3m microfibre cloth is what you need
What's wrong with the cloth that came with it?
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:08 PM   #288 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
I'm not sure why so many people are bothered that SGP doesn't cover the entire front of the phone. It covers the active part of the screen; anything else is bezel that neither your finger or S-Pen comes in contact with.
It's just my personal preference. When I go to swype down on the screen, I always touch the bezel area and can feel the edge of the screen protector. SGP, from my past experiences, had created edge-to-edge screen protectors (including the bezel), so you never really felt the edge of the screen protector. I thought that the design limitation was due to what someone (I think Pyro) had mentioned regarding the curved screen, but it seems that MobC company found a way to get it as close to the curved edge as possible, which is a little more comfortable.

Additionally, even though it does cover the screen portion, the bezel is still covered by glass also, so the added protection gives me peace of mind, knowing that's covered as well. Pretty sure I'm gonna try MobC out, just to compare. They have an Oleophobic version also.
ScandaLeX likes this.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:44 PM   #289 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S5

Quote:
It's just my personal preference. When I go to swype down on the screen, I always touch the bezel area and can feel the edge of the screen protector. SGP, from my past experiences, had created edge-to-edge screen protectors (including the bezel), so you never really felt the edge of the screen protector. I thought that the design limitation was due to what someone (I think Pyro) had mentioned regarding the curved screen, but it seems that MobC company found a way to get it as close to the curved edge as possible, which is a little more comfortable.

Additionally, even though it does cover the screen portion, the bezel is still covered by glass also, so the added protection gives me peace of mind, knowing that's covered as well. Pretty sure I'm gonna try MobC out, just to compare. They have an Oleophobic version also.

Having the seidio surface case does mitigate feeling the edge from the top and sides but you can still feel it from the home button. Let us know how the MobC works out. The pictures on amazon show two versions. One that surrounds the home button and another that looks like the sgp.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:54 PM   #290 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlex View Post
Having the seidio surface case does mitigate feeling the edge from the top and sides but you can still feel it from the home button. Let us know how the MobC works out. The pictures on amazon show two versions. One that surrounds the home button and another that looks like the sgp.
Yeah, I'll definitely let you all know. Unfortunately, I don't really use cases. I only bought a case for the international version, since I'm primarily using that as a media player, so I only use the case when it's not in the car.

-EDIT- Okay, I might just hold off. After you mentioned it being just like SGP, I looked at the pics again...and it shows 2 different setups. I'll probably hold off a second until there's confirmation on how it is cut.
Last edited by drexappeal; December 3rd, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
sponsored links
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM   #291 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 2, Sansung Galaxy 2
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Yeah, I'll definitely let you all know. Unfortunately, I don't really use cases. I only bought a case for the international version, since I'm primarily using that as a media player, so I only use the case when it's not in the car.

-EDIT- Okay, I might just hold off. After you mentioned it being just like SGP, I looked at the pics again...and it shows 2 different setups. I'll probably hold off a second until there's confirmation on how it is cut.

A great photographer I am not but I hope these help! This truly is the best screen protector I have had, it feels just like touching the glass, others I have had feel soft or even gel like.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM   #292 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibreakphones View Post
A great photographer I am not but I hope these help! This truly is the best screen protector I have had, it feels just like touching the glass, others I have had feel soft or even gel like.

Thanks for the pic. From the looks of it, the screen protector is very similar to the SGP cut, so I'll likely hold off on buying unless I need it.

But it does look like a solid option, even though I've never heard of the company before. It does look like they followed SGP's lead, as far as what type of protectors to offer, so kudos to them.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:49 PM   #293 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2

anyone ghost armored their phone? I have had success with the iphones and ghost armor.
Old December 6th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #294 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Okay, so I apparently suck at putting these screen protectors on. Attempted to put my SGP Ultra Oleos on the phone last night and had so much trouble getting a dust/bubble free application.

I'm not a fan of doing the shower thing, so any tips/tricks would be very welcome! And before you ask, yes I cleaned the screen thoroughly prior to the application and was in a very clean/dust free spot when I attempted it.
Old December 6th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #295 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0lyfeism View Post
Okay, so I apparently suck at putting these screen protectors on. Attempted to put my SGP Ultra Oleos on the phone last night and had so much trouble getting a dust/bubble free application.

I'm not a fan of doing the shower thing, so any tips/tricks would be very welcome! And before you ask, yes I cleaned the screen thoroughly prior to the application and was in a very clean/dust free spot when I attempted it.
This is what I usually do (after making sure that there's no dust particles on the screen, after cleaning).

Prepare multiple pieces of tape on the table that I'm applying the screen protector for use if needed. I start from the top and use the provided squeegee card to guide each little 'bit of the screen protector down onto the screen step by step as quickly as possible (making sure no air bubbles are left while pushing each little portion of the protector down, and pulling up any small portion that has an air bubble and re-applying). If a small piece of lint jumps in, I stop, hold the screen protector up, grab a piece of scotch tape, lift the protector slightly to pull that piece of lint off with the tape, then go again.

The key for me, whenever I've applied these things the best, was getting the protector on as quickly as possible using the squeegee as a guide to make sure there were no air bubbles. That always seemed to prevent lint from getting trapped in. That also meant having to make sure the protector is lined up exactly where it should be.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
some.devil (December 7th, 2012)
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #296 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Note 2 and screen protectors

I was wondering what, if any, screen protectors work best on the Note 2. I have used Zagg HD in the past, but do not relish the idea of spraying fluid all over my new phone. I have also heard this protector doesn't work well with the S pen. I have read good things about the Spigen brand, and like the fact that they are applied using a dry install, but do they have the tendency to peel off? Does anyone have any advice? Thanks a bunch!!
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #297 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbegust View Post
I was wondering what, if any, screen protectors work best on the Note 2. I have used Zagg HD in the past, but do not relish the idea of spraying fluid all over my new phone. I have also heard this protector doesn't work well with the S pen. I have read good things about the Spigen brand, and like the fact that they are applied using a dry install, but do they have the tendency to peel off? Does anyone have any advice? Thanks a bunch!!

Best bet is to read through this thread. Best GN2 Screen Protector
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #298 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3

Thanks everyone who contributed to this thread. I just bought a SGP Ultra Oleophobic screen protector and also an aluminum bumper case for my Note 2.

Old December 7th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #299 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Verizon wireless

Default So smooth with no screen protector!

So I just ripped off my last screen protector because i accidentally folded the corner. AND WOW, this screen is soooo smooth and nice to use. And the clearness is amazing. I am all about protecting the screen, but it really is nice to use bare. I ordered more of the thin smooth PET ones off ebay, and just going to be careful until they get here.

I know these phones have gorilla glass, and yess i know it is possible to get minor scratches, but I am wondering if it is worth a couple surface scratches over the life of the phone.

Any other bare screeners? ( will be for a few days lol ).
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #300 (permalink)

Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Note 2

I hate screen protectors. I never use them and so far haven't scratched up my screen on any device. I have shattered a screen when I dropped a phone but a screen protector wouldn't have saved it lol.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Tags
screen protector

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2