Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree99Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #301 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Not Provided

... my spigen spg screen protector is so smooooooth and so clearrrrrr <3 hehe
Dwallace likes this.

sponsored links
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #302 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100. (Was HTC One X before that)

I tend to sell my phones after 6 to 12 months, generally to companies that recycle them. Ok, I don't get top dollar for them but is it us a safe way of selling them. Anyway, they don't tend to bother with scratches on the screen so I have never bothered with screen protectors as to me it spoils the experience of using the phone as it was intended.

I just make sure I have a case on that's suitable for what I'm doing.

Night out is the Samsung flip case.
General use is a d3o impact case
At work in the field will be a defender

S
Old December 7th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #303 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
I hate screen protectors. I never use them and so far haven't scratched up my screen on any device. I have shattered a screen when I dropped a phone but a screen protector wouldn't have saved it lol.
X2. They are terrible and drop a phone the screen usually cracks anyway.
Old December 7th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #304 (permalink)

Device(s):

check out the spygen ultra oleophobic. many seem to really like them. I ordered some based on the reviews from the thread above.
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #305 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Device(s): Xperia X10, T & Z, iphone-all, Blackberry 9900, Sensation XE, Note 1/2/3, S3, S4, Nexux 4, HTC One

I like to use the phone without a screen protector but I'm scared not to have one, so I do. Got the Ultra Crystal from Spigen. I also have a night out cover. Insured aswell with 50 excess so hopefully got all bases covered.
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #306 (permalink)

Device(s):

I was talked into buying a $30 screen protector, which sounded alright since it could be removed and washed as many times as needed over the life of the phone. However, it distorts the picture terribly, making the screen glossy/blurry, and on top of that the surface has some sort of texture to it that makes it the opposite of smooth. It's uncomfortable with both thumb/finger scrolling and tough to draw on with the pen.

Needless to say I'm going bare now and don't foresee any issues. My last 2 android phones I never had an issue with scratches, and even if minor scratches occur, I've seen with other phones that when the screen is turned on they aren't really even noticeable.
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #307 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgus View Post
So I just ripped off my last screen protector because i accidentally folded the corner. AND WOW, this screen is soooo smooth and nice to use. And the clearness is amazing. I am all about protecting the screen, but it really is nice to use bare. I ordered more of the thin smooth PET ones off ebay, and just going to be careful until they get here.

I know these phones have gorilla glass, and yess i know it is possible to get minor scratches, but I am wondering if it is worth a couple surface scratches over the life of the phone.

Any other bare screeners? ( will be for a few days lol ).
I couldn't agree with you more. I've yet to put another on my phone after taking it off. Loving how the screen feels without it.
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #308 (permalink)

Device(s): Note II
Carrier: Smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobocop View Post
I was talked into buying a $30 screen protector, which sounded alright since it could be removed and washed as many times as needed over the life of the phone. However, it distorts the picture terribly, making the screen glossy/blurry, and on top of that the surface has some sort of texture to it that makes it the opposite of smooth. It's uncomfortable with both thumb/finger scrolling and tough to draw on with the pen.

Needless to say I'm going bare now and don't foresee any issues. My last 2 android phones I never had an issue with scratches, and even if minor scratches occur, I've seen with other phones that when the screen is turned on they aren't really even noticeable.
or you could use a case with a flip cover/wallet-type case so that screen is protected when you tuck it in
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #309 (permalink)

Device(s): Evo 4g Nexus S 4g Sprint Galaxy Nexus Lte Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgus View Post
So I just ripped off my last screen protector because i accidentally folded the corner. AND WOW, this screen is soooo smooth and nice to use. And the clearness is amazing. I am all about protecting the screen, but it really is nice to use bare. I ordered more of the thin smooth PET ones off ebay, and just going to be careful until they get here.

I know these phones have gorilla glass, and yess i know it is possible to get minor scratches, but I am wondering if it is worth a couple surface scratches over the life of the phone.

Any other bare screeners? ( will be for a few days lol ).
I never have used a screen protector and probably never will, I personally just never saw the need for one.
ren857 likes this.
Last edited by almath; December 7th, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #310 (permalink)

Device(s): SGH-I317M Note 2
Carrier: Bell Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Note 2 View Post
I like using a screen protector, it just makes me feel safer. For example, I had a ZIPPER from a document bag on my car passenger seat rub on my screen ever so lightly and at a certain angle I can see these 8 evenly spaced little tiny scratches in the screen but only at a certain angle. Spigen oleophobic screen protector ordered with 7.77 coupon discount and still waiting for the dang thing in the mail..
My spigen olephobics finally showed up today, let them warm up from the mailbox, then built up enough courage to put one on. After I got the thing lined up enough for my tastes I'm pretty happy with it.
sponsored links
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #311 (permalink)

Device(s): SGH-I317M Note 2
Carrier: Bell Canada

Just an interesting point I learned tonight......... I THOUGHT I had a clean install until I started taking flash pictures of my screen to post here. There's dust under the film that my eye can't even see but the camera sure picks it up..... yuck. No pictures to post anymore.... to embarrassing lol.
Ibreakphones likes this.
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #312 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Just an interesting point I learned tonight......... I THOUGHT I had a clean install until I started taking flash pictures of my screen to post here. There's dust under the film that my eye can't even see but the camera sure picks it up..... yuck. No pictures to post anymore.... to embarrassing lol.
Awww post them anyway so someone can tell you there's dust under there.
Serpentine likes this.
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #313 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 2, Sansung Galaxy 2
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Same here!!! I posted pictures on the previous page to show how the MobC protector fit and couldn't see any dust until the picture with the flash showed me how imperfect my install was....... stupid picture
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #314 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2, ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T (junk) now a paper weight! Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Verizon

The MobC works great for me. I don't notice any difference in picture quality or functionality.
Last edited by snuggles; December 9th, 2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #315 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
or you could use a case with a flip cover/wallet-type case so that screen is protected when you tuck it in
That was my original idea when I got the phone. But I opted for something to protect the corners and a gel sleeve over the volume/power buttons. My last phone crapped out from pushing the power button too many times and over time something must have gotten underneath it. Not only does the gel sleeve help with that, but the light notification on the GN2 means pushing the power button just to check notifications is no longer necessary

But I digress... the natural feel of the screen is just too damn good. I guess screen protectors are like condoms... You don't REALLY need one if you're careful pulling it out!
Ibreakphones likes this.
Old December 8th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #316 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggles View Post
The MobC works get for me. I don't notice any difference in picture quality or functionality.
I agree, best screen protector I have used... feels and looks like its not there!
Old December 8th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #317 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobocop View Post
That was my original idea when I got the phone. But I opted for something to protect the corners and a gel sleeve over the volume/power buttons. My last phone crapped out from pushing the power button too many times and over time something must have gotten underneath it. Not only does the gel sleeve help with that, but the light notification on the GN2 means pushing the power button just to check notifications is no longer necessary

But I digress... the natural feel of the screen is just too damn good. I guess screen protectors are like condoms... You don't REALLY need one if you're careful pulling it out!
Funniest.....post.....ever!!!

Totally agree with the notification light, seems silly for this high end of a phone, but was the feature I was looking forward to the most. I have missed these on phones for a long time, not sure why such a great idea got lost on newer phones.
Old December 9th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #318 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GN2
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipmagt View Post
I bought the SPIGEN Ultra Optics and I really hate it. I absoluetely 100% regret the purchase. Its supposed to be anti-fingerprint. HA! The thing is so smudged up its disgusting, and because of the optics its impossible to clean. I wish I had known that the surface would be so textured, I hate the feeling with the spen, and I dont like how it feels to even slide my finger around it.

I feel like I need to post a second review of this. Its been 16 days and I'm much less upset. It's almost as if the "lenses" have been worn down. Much less interference with the s-pen and my finger and much less crap being collected on the screen. Unfortunately my terrible placement of the protector has caused me to be annoyed with the placement. So I've put the second protector on, so I'm back to square one.

If you don't have a Dropbox I'd love an extra 250MB <3
Old December 11th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #319 (permalink)

Device(s):

Just got this today from MobC

MobC Smasung Galaxy Note 2/N7100 Screen Protector HD Film - Fine Crystal[2-Pack] | eBay

Stuck it on, nice cut, leaves about a 3mm gap around the edge cause of the curved surface of the screen.

Comes supplied with all you need to fit and remove any dust particles.

Stuck on straight perfectly, no bubbles no dust, looks perfect at the moment.

Feels nice, not as nice as the bare screen, but good enough for a screen sticker.

Notice a tiny bit of rainbowing reflection, but only when the screen is off!

I'll report back in a few weeks time if my opinion changes however
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #320 (permalink)

Carrier: AT&T

No one in the whole mall had screen protectors for the Note 2 when I bought it except for this ghost armor stand. It is supposed to be cutting edge technology with a lifetime guarantee. $25 out the door, I figured it's worth a shot.

Anyone know much about this? So far its fine but it went on 5 min after I bought the phone so I guess I can't really compare bare to skin.
sponsored links
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #321 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

I have some secondary thoughts regarding the Oleophobic protector and some of the complaints about the smudging being difficult to clean.

I'm noticing now what people were referring to, but...I only notice it when I'm using soft cotton materials (or any kind of soft material) to clean the screen. If I just use a tissue, micro fibre sunglass cloth, or some other more rough material, it actually cleans much easier. It's only the softer materials that I'm noticing don't really clean, but smudge the existing smudges more...LOL.

Hope that helps those of you that were experiencing this.
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #322 (permalink)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Got Spigen Ultra Clear Oleophobic pack yesterday. I can see what everybody is raving about. Ultra Clear, zero distortion, super strong (3H rating), but PAIN IN THE ARSE to install. At least it was my experience. I'm not a noob installing screen protectors, but this one wasn't easy. Its a very thick film so you have to be carefully when folding and putting it on the phone. The first screen flickered out of my hand right on the floor. Once it picks up dust on the screen side - forget about it. Went on to the second one in the pack. I was doing it in a clean room, screen wiped, hands washed - and it still managed to pick up dust specks from the air. I had to peel off the screen and use a provided sticker to remove a few specks; ended up doing it a few times - now the edge of cut out around Home button is bent and sticking out.

Although they provide you with instructions how to apply it, those are for smaller screen phones. For a big phone like ours, the best way to get it done right is to start applying the screen protector along with long edge of the phone. This way you can do it faster and with a better alignment. The template cut out itself is a lot smaller than a screen area it covers. Its good and bad - gives you some wiggle margin if you don't align perfectly, but at the same time give you more room for an error in miss-aligning it.

Although its on now, I will most likely take it off and send back to Amazon for replacement. $16 is kind of pricey to just throw it away... I do like the product, just wish it would come with a better instructions/suggestions/warnings.
Old December 13th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #323 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

I did mine bottom up. I aligned it visually first just to see where I needed to start/stop. Having never applied a protector that fast before in my life I was thoroughly shocked I didn't have to take it off and reapply.
Old December 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #324 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
I did mine bottom up. I aligned it visually first just to see where I needed to start/stop. Having never applied a protector that fast before in my life I was thoroughly shocked I didn't have to take it off and reapply.
I guess just my luck, or should I say "lack" of it?
Old December 13th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #325 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
Got Spigen Ultra Clear Oleophobic pack yesterday. I can see what everybody is raving about. Ultra Clear, zero distortion, super strong (3H rating), but PAIN IN THE ARSE to install. At least it was my experience. I'm not a noob installing screen protectors, but this one wasn't easy. Its a very thick film so you have to be carefully when folding and putting it on the phone. The first screen flickered out of my hand right on the floor. Once it picks up dust on the screen side - forget about it. Went on to the second one in the pack. I was doing it in a clean room, screen wiped, hands washed - and it still managed to pick up dust specks from the air. I had to peel off the screen and use a provided sticker to remove a few specks; ended up doing it a few times - now the edge of cut out around Home button is bent and sticking out.

Although they provide you with instructions how to apply it, those are for smaller screen phones. For a big phone like ours, the best way to get it done right is to start applying the screen protector along with long edge of the phone. This way you can do it faster and with a better alignment. The template cut out itself is a lot smaller than a screen area it covers. Its good and bad - gives you some wiggle margin if you don't align perfectly, but at the same time give you more room for an error in miss-aligning it.

Although its on now, I will most likely take it off and send back to Amazon for replacement. $16 is kind of pricey to just throw it away... I do like the product, just wish it would come with a better instructions/suggestions/warnings.
Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Mine didn't align perfectly, but I did the best I could lining it up with the earphone and sensor prior to application. I was able to cover all the visible screen glass, which is what really mattered. Anyway, maybe you can try the shower trick next time. That might help settle down the little particulates floating around during the install.
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #326 (permalink)
Premium Member

Device(s): Note 2

Quote:

Returning for a replacement would be ridiculous IMO. It's not Spigen or Amazons fault you didn't apply them correctly. Don't take that wrong because I don't mean that in a rude way but if its my fault I just eat the $16 and buy another set.
Gti fly likes this.
Old December 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #327 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Since removing mine I don't miss it one bit. Some folks suggested I get a replacement but it's not that big a deal to me; especially considering I didn't even use the other that was included- gave it away.
almath likes this.
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #328 (permalink)

Quote:
Since removing mine I don't miss it one bit. Some folks suggested I get a replacement but it's not that big a deal to me; especially considering I didn't even use the other that was included- gave it away.
Since I carry it often in my jeans pocket, I worry it will get scratched. The same if I put it upside down on a surface (which I often do at work to mute the ringer lol!!!). Of course, with a decent case that has a sizeable bumper/lip - part of this problem could be solved. Oh, and speaking of that, curious to see pics of your new rugged case!
Old December 13th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #329 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Since I carry it often in my jeans pocket, I worry it will get scratched. The same if I put it upside down on a surface (which I often do at work to mute the ringer lol!!!). Of course, with a decent case that has a sizeable bumper/lip - part of this problem could be solved. Oh, and speaking of that, curious to see pics of your new rugged case!
I posted pics in the other thread.
On another note, I went out tonight. Placed my phone on a table (friends/family were swayed there) and when I went back my phone was gone. Apparently it was making the rounds cause everyone there either had the 4S/5 or S3.
It was my case that lead me to my phone. All those white S3's I would've had a hard time figuring out who had mine.
ren857 likes this.
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #330 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt, LG Spectrum, Galaxy Note 2 Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

I got my Spigen crystal screen guard today. I must say it was the easiest guard I have ever applied. After installing the first one I noticed 2 specs of dust under and I thought I could deal with it but I removed it and installed the other one. This one has 1 spec and I can live with that. I normally dont use these but since I've purchased the Note 2, I kinda went on a accessory shopping spree lol.
ScandaLeX likes this.
sponsored links
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #331 (permalink)

got my ultra oleo and...sad to say i'm very disappointed. next time i'm just going to buy a screen protector in-store so an expert can apply it for me.

when i get my case, i'm going to remove this.

it's got that rainbow effect that's driving me nuts whenever i look at the screen. of course since i'm not an expert, it's got bubbles and the screen protector is already scratched, for some reason. it's quite thin too. i thought it would be hard.
Old December 15th, 2012, 05:10 AM   #332 (permalink)

i think i'm going to watch a video first...and order another set x_x i think we applied the wrong one. i'm not sure if the protector is the one with the sticker or the hard one underneath. so confusing
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #333 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
i think i'm going to watch a video first...and order another set x_x i think we applied the wrong one. i'm not sure if the protector is the one with the sticker or the hard one underneath. so confusing
It's the one underneath.
Old December 15th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #334 (permalink)

guess which one we applied
Old December 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #335 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
guess which one we applied
LOL!

I can't even say it's your fault or you did anything wrong because there's no clear direction as to which side goes down first.
I only know from watching a YouTube video and even that wasn't 100% clear.
Old December 15th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #336 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL!

I can't even say it's your fault or you did anything wrong because there's no clear direction as to which side goes down first.
I only know from watching a YouTube video and even that wasn't 100% clear.
There were instructions at the back but they were just as confusing. My excuse is its my first time
Old December 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #337 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
There were instructions at the back but they were just as confusing. My excuse is its my first time
Exactly! The structions on the back were just as confusing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScandaLeX For This Useful Post:
twister6 (December 15th, 2012), wyndslash (December 15th, 2012)
Old December 15th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #338 (permalink)

How about this. Got my $1.99 3-pack from eBay. Is it 3H thick as Oleo clear? No, but it's thick enough, crystal clear, cut perfectly, went on without a problem, and leaves NO marks while using s-pen.
Old December 15th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #339 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
How about this. Got my $1.99 3-pack from eBay. Is it 3H thick as Oleo clear? No, but it's thick enough, crystal clear, cut perfectly, went on without a problem, and leaves NO marks while using s-pen.
Make sure you remember this post a month from now so you can update it.
Old December 15th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #340 (permalink)

Quote:
Make sure you remember this post a month from now so you can update it.
Will do I still have one more screen left from this pack (saved for later) and I just ordered another 3-pack from the same seller ($1.67 now; to make sure its from the same source). I figured that even if in 3-4 months I have to replace it, which I doubt, those are a couple of quarters a piece. I had one of those on my DX for 2.5 years without any problem.

Yes, you get what you pay for, but in case of some eBay knock off (as we have learned with those rugged cases), you can actually get a decent product for a fraction of a price
ScandaLeX likes this.
sponsored links
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:21 AM   #341 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: ):

Thanked 1,105 Times in 606 Posts

I've got a big favor to ask. Can someone possibly measure and report back a fairly accurate height and width measurement of a Spigen Ultra screen protector? (maybe in millimeters, widest edge to edge, don't include cutout)
Someone I know got a Note 2 and I'm trying to figure out how much Spigen subtracted for the curved edges to prevent bubbling?
Last edited by PyroSporker; December 30th, 2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old December 30th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #342 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroSporker View Post
I've got a big favor to ask. Can someone possibly measure and report back a fairly accurate height and width measurement of a Spigen Ultra screen protector? (maybe in millimeters, widest edge to edge, don't include cutout)
Someone I know got a Note 2 and I'm trying to figure out how much Spigen subtracted for the curved edges to prevent bubbling?
They didn't subtract a bunch. Is it a huge deal that it doesn't go edge to edge? The screen protector works well so I don't mind it at all.
Old December 30th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #343 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
They didn't subtract a bunch. Is it a huge deal that it doesn't go edge to edge? The screen protector works well so I don't mind it at all.
"A bunch", thanks for that highly technical and accurate measurement.
You appear to have added your own inferences to my simple question.
Please show me anywhere in my post where I expressed any displeasure with their screen protector line or how it is cut.
Old December 30th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #344 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S2 Galaxy Note Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: T Mobile UK

Quote:
Please show me anywhere in my post where I expressed any displeasure with their screen protector line or how it is cut.

Blimey calm down He was only trying to help!
Old December 30th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #345 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't have Spigen Ultra anymore to take an exact measurement. Despicable me (according to Mix lol!!!) returned it back to Amazon. I have a regular pre-cut eBay screen protector now (3-pack for $1.67) and it has about 1mm margin around the edges, home button, and other cutouts. If I remember correctly, Spigen was at least twice that much, so perhaps use 2-2.5mm as your margin? Spigen material is very thick (3H rated) and if I recall correctly you could feel the edge of the cutout, especially around home button (due to extra margin). As I mentioned in my previous posts, having this extra margin has its pros and cons. Less margin for an error since you have more room to wiggle, but its not a perfect cutout. The quality of material was perfect, crystal clear view, and no marks using s-pen, although it was a magnet for fingerprints (told by others to go away after a week of use). But at the same time, my cheapo screen protector is also crystal clear, finger prints wipe easily, and some insignificant traces left by s-pen wipe out just like a finger print - no permanent marks (withstands a test by my 4year and 7year perfectly). Just my humble opinion, I didn't justify $8 screen protector over $0.50. But if you need a thicker armor on your glass and don't mind paying hefty premium - Spigen is your best bet.
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #346 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out how much Spigen subtracted for the curved edges to prevent bubbling?

If perfectly applied, dead-on, you are looking at 2.5mm away from all edges.

Here's my Note 2 with Otterbox Commuter and SGP Ultra Oleophobic

As comparison, my original Note with Otterbox Commuter and SGP Glas.t

You'll notice that most of the edges of the Glas.t was covered by the Commuter case. However, with the Note 2 you can still distinguish the edges of the screen protector. The lip of the Commuter does not cover over the edges of the screen protector.

This is still using the first screen protector removed 3-4 times already (that is completely removed and reapplied). I did circle a bubble in the corner only because I'll probably contact Spigen about it. I believe this is a defect as the other screen protector I applied on my sibling's Note 2 did not have this problem (also completely removed and reapplied several times).
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #347 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
You are welcome. I'm glad you were satisfied with my response.

The height is 5 5/8" and the width is 2 7/8".

That would make it 142.87mm tall and 73.02mm wide.
Last edited by MiXoLoGiSt; December 30th, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MiXoLoGiSt For This Useful Post:
PyroSporker (December 30th, 2012)
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #348 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoGrandizer View Post
If perfectly applied, dead-on, you are looking at 2.5mm away from all edges.

Here's my Note 2 with Otterbox Commuter and SGP Ultra Oleophobic

As comparison, my original Note with Otterbox Commuter and SGP Glas.t

You'll notice that most of the edges of the Glas.t was covered by the Commuter case. However, with the Note 2 you can still distinguish the edges of the screen protector. The lip of the Commuter does not cover over the edges of the screen protector.

This is still using the first screen protector removed 3-4 times already (that is completely removed and reapplied). I did circle a bubble in the corner only because I'll probably contact Spigen about it. I believe this is a defect as the other screen protector I applied on my sibling's Note 2 did not have this problem (also completely removed and reapplied several times).
That is actually pretty good job considering one bubble and multiple removals. What is your trick in this case to remove the screen without bending the edge? I remember I had an issue lifting it up with a nail and it actually bent resulting in the edge around home button to stick up. And, I did have similar bubbles around the edge after 2nd removal. I contacted Spigen asking for advice/comments and provided my order# and their unique product serial number. It took them 2 weeks to get back to me, while during that time I already returned it back. And their reply was "you already returned your product, we received it, and your money got credited back." Perhaps it was just my bad experience, and I would not discourage anybody from purchasing this product, although want people to be aware those eBay screen protectors (which sometimes like playing Russian roulette) could be a decent alternative
Old December 30th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #349 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
What is your trick in this case to remove the screen without bending the edge?
I use scotch tape. It really needs a good adhesive stick on the screen protector with enough strength to be able to pull it off. It is actually tricky, but can be done. Of course, because I have the bubble in the corner, removing it is fairly easy. LOL. I'll keep it on as it's not distracting to me.

I also don't use the squeegy until after the application (if needed; generally around the edges to ensure it's down pat). All you need is patience, time and pressure. The pressure applied keeps the protector adhered to the phone and pushing the air bubbles out at the same time. Scotch tape around the finger to remove bits of dust during application. So how I do it is one hand is applying the screen protector with pressure, the other is used to remove dust during application. I kid you not when I say it takes me a good 5-10 minutes to apply the screen protector with those results. I've been applying screen protectors since my Palm OS days.

I had a coworker who had an iphone otterbox protector with a lot of dust under the screen. She got fed up and was about to chuck the protector out. I on the other hand asked for it, got some scotch tape and removed the majority of specs from the adhesive part of the screen. Reapplied it and she was amazed at the results. Even more happy that she didn't have to buy another protector. I think I was able to have 3-4 specs left. If she gave me more time, I'm confident I would have completely removed all of it.

However, it's very dependent on the type of adhesive used on a protector as well. The Spigen seems good as I've used scotch tape on it and it still sticks well. Yeah, I didn't use their included dust tape either. There are other cheaper protectors that I used where the scotch tape actually removed the adhesive from the protector. Thus rendering it completely useless because it won't stick to the screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoGrandizer For This Useful Post:
twister6 (December 30th, 2012)
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #350 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
The height is 5 5/8" and the width is 2 7/8".

That would make it 142.87mm tall and 73.02mm wide.
Thank you, that's the stuff. That is much more like it. I appreciate it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Tags
screen protector

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2