Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree99Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #401 (permalink)

Device(s): Marble White Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: AT&T

Yeah well, Note 2 users haven't been real happy with it in general if you bother to search on the forums here, but whatever

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #402 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Default Re: Best GN2 Screen Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0stTr0n View Post
A thin glass protector would be MUCH MUCH worse. I can just imagine the lawsuits pending as a result of people slicing their fingers open trying to install something like that or shards of glass being embedded in hands when it breaks in use.

In short, no, nothing like that. The Otterbox commuter has something like that built into the case but alot of people have problems with it.

This looks like the Otterbox Defender, as the Defender has a built in screen protector whereas the Commuter comes with a separate application-based screen protector. Where have you seen bad reviews with the Commuter?
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #403 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2 GT-N7100
Carrier: Not Provided

Well initially when I ordered my Note 2 I got the Fine oleophobic super ultra screen guard, then unluckily lost one while installing, then installed the other one and was super clear and really love it, but accidently came out and couldn’t place it back, so ordered another brand cheaper have tried it earlier on my Nokia mobiles and it was amazing called Exim, but unluckily I really didn’t like it on my Note 2 as it was not as clear as the Oleophobic and felt it was rough and dim.
Later and when I got my extra battery and charger they came with lcd anti bacteria lcd protection film, removed the Exim and used the new one again didn’t like it and immediately ordered another Oleophobic and had it on, its super clear, soft, oil resistance, anti fingerprints and anti UV rays.
Am just very much happy with it and its really the best

Old January 17th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #404 (permalink)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5, Note 4
Carrier: VZW

I heard MobC is almost identical to Spigen?
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #405 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S3

None....Really durable
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #406 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note2

I can say that the zagg hd is garbage when using the s pen. Leaves deep dents in effect screen. Working on a replacement via warranty.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #407 (permalink)

Device(s): Lg G2 (current) Note 2 (previously) Motorola Photon (previously)
Carrier: Sprint

I just ordered the Ismooth. I wasn't going to go with a screen protector at all but last week I noticed the slightest little scratch on my screen. As careful as I've tried to be I still managed to get a scratch. I was going to order the Spigen but the OP got me with "underdog" in reference to the Ismooth so I decided to give it a shot. I'm TERRIBLE at installing screen protectors so I'll try 1 myself & if it fails I'll take it to Best Buy or Sprint & try to get them to do it for me. I'll post my review a couple of days after I get it on.
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #408 (permalink)

****FREE**** screen protector!
I just saw this & thought I'd share with the group. I've never heard of this brand so I don't know how good it is but free is free!
FREE iPhone or Samsung Galaxy Clear Screen Protector + FREE Shipping – Hip2Save
I'm attempting to cancel my Ismooth until I know if this one will work for me. If it doesn't work out I'll order the Ismooth or Spigen, depending on the reviews for the Ismooth.
Last edited by Whiskeypawz; January 18th, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #409 (permalink)

Device(s): Marble White Galaxy Note 2

Yeah, no thanks....
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #410 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypawz View Post
I just saw this & thought I'd share with the group. I've never heard of this brand so I don't know how good it is but free is free!
FREE iPhone or Samsung Galaxy Clear Screen Protector + FREE Shipping Hip2Save
I'm attempting to cancel my Ismooth until I know if this one will work for me. If it doesn't work out I'll order the Ismooth or Spigen, depending on the reviews for the Ismooth.
But its for iPhone?!? What does it has to do with GN2?
sponsored links
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #411 (permalink)

With reference to iSmooth, I just received their next gen promo screen protector (crystal-clear with anti-fingerprint coating). If I say it blows Spigen/MobC out of the water - its an understatement

All I need now is my UAG case and I can move on with N2 accessories
Old January 19th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #412 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
But its for iPhone?!? What does it has to do with GN2?
It's for iPhones OR Samsung. I ordered one for my Note 2.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:30 PM   #413 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxty Note 2 on AT&T - 16gb Titanium Grey

I purchased the ismooth protectors and I am wondering if I got a bad batch, I got them to line up perfect but the area where the touch buttons are would not stick correctly and keeps coming up.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:03 PM   #414 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamdangA View Post
I purchased the ismooth protectors and I am wondering if I got a bad batch, I got them to line up perfect but the area where the touch buttons are would not stick correctly and keeps coming up.
Adam, don't hesitate to contact them right away. There was an original batch with some issues (film not sticking in exactly the same spot you are talking about) which has been corrected. They have TOP notch support and you will get a replacement in no time!
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:03 AM   #415 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizmoz View Post
I put one on my iphone 5 and loved it. You obviously have never seen one as its nothing like you say.
From "pictures" of Otterbox cases I think they are horrible; but that's just based on looks. My sister now had one on her phone and it doesn't look bad at all.

Side by side though I don't see any more protector in her $60 vs my $11 eBay case.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:03 AM   #416 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizmoz View Post
I put one on my iphone 5 and loved it. You obviously have never seen one as its nothing like you say.
From "pictures" of Otterbox cases I think they are horrible; bit that's just based on looks. My sister now had one on her phone and it doesn't look bad at all.

Side by side though I don't see any more protector in her $60 vs my $11 eBay case.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM   #417 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
From "pictures" of Otterbox cases I think they are horrible; bit that's just based on looks. My sister now had one on her phone and it doesn't look bad at all.

Yes, Defender looks a lot better in person on the phone rather than in pictures. But the truth of the matter - it more than doubles weight and thickness of the phone, and built in Screen protector kills the touch experience. So unless you are working as a contractor on a roof of the house or on a factory floor - I would go with a separate screen protector (Spigen or iSmooth) and something like Commuter or UAG/Ballistic/Casemate to give you a decent drop protection. My personal vote goes to UAG because you also get an outstanding style!
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #418 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note II, had HTC Flyer and Nexus 4

Has anyone tried the BoxWave Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 ClearTouch Anti-Glare Screen Protectors from Amazon....
Amazon.com: BoxWave Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 ClearTouch Anti-Glare Screen Protector (3 Pack with Cleaning Cloth and Applicator Card) - Matte Anti-Fingerprint Screen Guard Covers for the new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100: Computers & Accessorie

Slickdeals has a listing to get a 3 pack for $3 including shipping. I sent for mine last night.

$3 shipped 3-Pack Galaxy Note 2 Screen Protectors on Amazon.com, code H268F5FJ - Slickdeals.net
Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 14 KDE
The Following User Says Thank You to donec For This Useful Post:
PyroSporker (January 24th, 2013)
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #419 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: ):

Thanked 1,155 Times in 639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donec View Post
BoxWave is highly regarded. Their Crystal protector is very very good, and their Anti-Glare is good too however it is matte textured and will degrade the screen's clarity.
They may have revised their product recently, as their site looks a little different and for sure their packaging is newer then when I last visited their site a year ago.

That is a heckuva deal!
The Following User Says Thank You to PyroSporker For This Useful Post:
donec (January 25th, 2013)
Old January 24th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #420 (permalink)

I know BoxWave is highly regarded for capacitive stylus pens, but not so sure about screen protectors. I just looked it up on Amazon, hardly any reviews, and even those are a mixed bag of good and bad ones. I guess that's why they are participating with Slickdeals to attract more customers? I can't tell if they are good or bad, since I don't have any experience with it. The only one I can guarantee and even to go as far as saying it surpasses Spigen is iSmooth (their next gen crystal-clear with anti-fingerprint). I thought it will be just another screen protector to try and then to move on to another one - to my surprise its staying on permanently!
sponsored links
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #421 (permalink)

Device(s):

8:50 and on
drexappeal, ScandaLeX and almath like this.
Last edited by 956moe; January 30th, 2013 at 05:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 956moe For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (January 30th, 2013)
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #422 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Thanked 2,876 Times in 1,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 956moe View Post

Has anybody tried this? I'm tempted to get a couple of these, just because. That's pretty awesome.
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #423 (permalink)

Thumbs up BoxWave Clear Touch Anti glare screen protectors

Quote:
I know BoxWave is highly regarded for capacitive stylus pens, but not so sure about screen protectors. I just looked it up on Amazon, hardly any reviews, and even those are a mixed bag of good and bad ones. I guess that's why they are participating with Slickdeals to attract more customers? I can't tell if they are good or bad, since I don't have any experience with it. The only one I can guarantee and even to go as far as saying it surpasses Spigen is iSmooth (their next gen crystal-clear with anti-fingerprint). I thought it will be just another screen protector to try and then to move on to another one - to my surprise its staying on permanently!
I just got my BoxWave Clear Touch Anti glare screen protector and installed it. Note I have never installed a screen protector before but I have read the horror stories.

I decided to install one on my Note 2 because I wanted it to change the feel of writing on glass to make it more like paper.

My wife has installed several screen protectors and some were ok and some were murder to install. The BoxWave Clear Touch Anti glare screen protector was so easy to install and quite forgiving.

I cleaned the phone screen with my clear screen wipes I use for my laptop drying it with a micro fiber cloth. Then wiped it with the cloth they provided, but did not use their cleaning wipes (saved them for later). I started and had trouble getting it to stay aligned as I removed the backing (65 with shaking hands) so after getting about and inch and a half from the corner I took it off. Then got some tape and taped it in place in 2 spots. Then started removing the backing again. Real smooth.

When done I saw I had a couple pieces of dust under the screen protector so I tried to lift it with some tape. No way it was really stuck and the tape would just come off. So I tried with my fingernail and the corner came up and I just grabbed it with my thumb and finger (worried about contaminating the back) used some tape wrapped around my finger, to remove the dust. Put the corner back down used the cardboard they provided wrapped in the cloth they provided to push out the air bubbles and done.

It's not truly straight and one edge is too far to the side and may not stick well due to curve of the glass but so far it looks good and really helps with the feel of the pen. Quite pleased and because of the deal from slickdeals I have 2 more and only spent $3.00. Note it does not change the colors nor does it have any color bands at angles. I does reduce the brightness a tiny and I mean tiny bit.
Last edited by donec; January 30th, 2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #424 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 956moe View Post

IMO Not a good review as the installation is off screen and everything was too close to the camera. Just an ad for the company.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #425 (permalink)

Quote:
IMO Not a good review as the installation is off screen and everything was too close to the camera. Just an ad for the company.
Well that's what FLOSS does, he gets free samples and reviews them on his YT channel. Take it all with a grain of salt because like many other YT reviewers - they just care about number of views to get paid and reviews are very biased (everything is peachy and great!!!). But his reviews are entertaining, gotta give him credit for that! Plus you get up close view of the product.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #426 (permalink)

Quote:
I just got my BoxWave Clear Touch Anti glare screen protector and installed it. Note I have never installed a screen protector before but I have read the horror stories.
It's not truly straight and one edge is too far to the side and may not stick well due to curve of the glass but so far it looks good and really helps with the feel of the pen. Quite pleased and because of the deal from slickdeals I have 2 more and only spent $3.00. Note it does not change the colors nor does it have any color bands at angles. I does reduce the brightness a tiny and I mean tiny bit.
Give it a week of use and let us know how the edges holding up. That's usually a good test. Plus, try to look under the fluorescent lights to see if there is a rainbow effect. Some screen protectors are bad under any lights. Only quality ones will stand up to fluorescent light test
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:53 AM   #427 (permalink)

Quote:
Give it a week of use and let us know how the edges holding up. That's usually a good test. Plus, try to look under the fluorescent lights to see if there is a rainbow effect. Some screen protectors are bad under any lights. Only quality ones will stand up to fluorescent light test
Thanks for the advice. I will make a special effort looking for a rainbow effect under fluorescent lights. However most of the lights at home are fluorescent, so I don't think I see much change. I will report more in a week.
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:26 PM   #428 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypawz View Post
FREE iPhone or Samsung Galaxy Clear Screen Protector + FREE Shipping Hip2Save
Update to this post.
I got my free screen protector today from eFreesia. So far so good. I'm not great at self-installing by I used the steamed up bathroom trick & installation went great. Granted, this is just day 1 but I even tested the S Pen with it & no problems. The fit is my only concern. It does cover the entire screen but not the entire front, edge to edge. It starts just above the Samsung logo & ends just below the back & menu buttons with a cutout for the middle button. I don't know if that will bother me down the road or if I'll get used to it & never notice it's there. It is NOT fingerprint proof but I don't think it will be any worse than the bare screen.
Old February 1st, 2013, 09:56 AM   #429 (permalink)

Device(s):

Has anyone ever used Skinomi screen protectors? How do they compare to the Spigen you all are talking about?

I've used screen protectors on all my devices after my first Palm IIIxe many, many years ago. So I've tried a whole lot of different brands.

Generally I've found that if you get more than one in a pack, it's a bad sign.

I've used the Skinomi protectors on three phones and now on my Tab 2, and I am just totally sold on them. The only time I've had to install as second one was with my Tab 2 (note to self: don't try to install screen protector when you have a band-aid on your index finger...)

Would love to hear other opinions.
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:22 AM   #430 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Thanked 2,876 Times in 1,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshki View Post
Has anyone ever used Skinomi screen protectors? How do they compare to the Spigen you all are talking about?

I've used screen protectors on all my devices after my first Palm IIIxe many, many years ago. So I've tried a whole lot of different brands.

I've used the Skinomi protectors on three phones and now on my Tab 2, and I am just totally sold on them. The only time I've had to install as second one was with my Tab 2 (note to self: don't try to install screen protector when you have a band-aid on your index finger...)

Would love to hear other opinions.
Yes, I've tried Skinomi. The one I got was a wet install, which I don't like. Had it on for 1 week, but took it off because I didn't like the feel of the protector compared to Spigen. This was when I had my Photon (original, not Q), which Spigen never made a screen protector for.
sponsored links
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM   #431 (permalink)

Quote:
Most of the premium sp come in a box of at least 2. You might not need to use the second one, but it's a psychological factor to keep you calm when you're installing the first one knowing if you mess up you have a back up The same as giving lifetime warranty which tells you they stand by their product.

But with all that said, even the best screen protector is not bullet proofed. You might be happy with yours now, but what if down the road you will get a new case with a bezel/lip that will lift the edge of sp to the point where you have to replace it? Or you scratch yours? I had my phone in outer pocket of my jacket yesterday, and when pulling out ended up dragging a screen against zipper. Thank God for screen protector! All I can see now is a few hairline thin barely noticeable scratches (only under an angle and with display off). I'm not that anal to replace my screen protector now, but if I end up accumulating more of these - I can always count on multi-pack of my iSmooth!!!

Old February 1st, 2013, 11:57 AM   #432 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
I don't like it when he does stuff off screen. IMO, the review is valuable when one can actually see the install.
As far as an ad for the company, he only speaks highly of a product when the product is just that good. I don't see anything wrong with that.
If the product is bad he has no problem telling you that whether he got it for free or paid for it and Floss does use his own money to buy a lot of the stuff he reviews.
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:03 PM   #433 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note2

FYI follow up. I spoke to Zagg about the marks the S Pen was leaving in my screen protector (Invisashield HD). They told me they were aware of the issue and the R and D team was working on a protector with a different material that may be more tolerant of the S pen. Doubtful we will ever see one, but mine has deep lines all over it..drives me crazy.
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:38 PM   #434 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Yes, I've tried Skinomi. The one I got was a wet install, which I don't like. Had it on for 1 week, but took it off because I didn't like the feel of the protector compared to Spigen. This was when I had my Photon (original, not Q), which Spigen never made a screen protector for.
I would characterize the install as "damp" rather than wet. It's a bit more than like using an eyeglass towelette to clean the screen. And it's one of the reasons I like the Skinomi so much. You get an opportunity to move the protector around to get it in exactly the right place.

Could you describe how it felt "different"? I happen to really like the feel of the Skinomi, and it is noticeably easier to keep the screen clean over just the glass.

Quote:
Most of the premium sp come in a box of at least 2. You might not need to use the second one, but it's a psychological factor to keep you calm when you're installing the first one knowing if you mess up you have a back up The same as giving lifetime warranty which tells you they stand by their product.

But with all that said, even the best screen protector is not bullet proofed. You might be happy with yours now, but what if down the road you will get a new case with a bezel/lip that will lift the edge of sp to the point where you have to replace it? Or you scratch yours? I had my phone in outer pocket of my jacket yesterday, and when pulling out ended up dragging a screen against zipper. Thank God for screen protector! All I can see now is a few hairline thin barely noticeable scratches (only under an angle and with display off). I'm not that anal to replace my screen protector now, but if I end up accumulating more of these - I can always count on multi-pack of my iSmooth!!!

With the "damp" install, you have a lot more latittude to get the install exactly right, so no worries! If ever I have a need to replace this one, I would just order another.

I don't mean to sound like a cheerleader about this product, but it would be hard for me to see how this could be improved. I've had one on my phone for over a year now, and it goes into a pocket of my bag with all sorts of stuff that could damage it (keys, a mini measuring tape, a name badge, pens, etc.) and it doesn't have a single scratch, nor any wear.

One thing I think is signifcant to be aware of...it does take time to dry (you have to leave your device alone for 4-5 hours, difficult to do with a new toy!), and it seems to "cure" further, which takes about a week. The directions say that micro-bubbles will disappear, and that is absolutely true. There is not a single bubble or speck of dust on any of my devices. I'm pretty anal about those kinds of things, and this meets my OCD needs!
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:58 PM   #435 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't like it when he does stuff off screen. IMO, the review is valuable when one can actually see the install.
As far as an ad for the company, he only speaks highly of a product when the product is just that good. I don't see anything wrong with that.
If the product is bad he has no problem telling you that whether he got it for free or paid for it and Floss does use his own money to buy a lot of the stuff he reviews.
I do enjoy his reviews and other car stuff he posts on his YT channel (he got a slamming M10 with a custom license plate!!!), but all of his latest accessory reviews for Note 2 always start with either shout outs to kevikev website where he gets his accessories from or shout outs to specific individuals from other accessory companies who hooked him up with a product. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that, and my comment wasn't negative. But you have to admit that when your last 6-7 YT reviews covered dozens of cases for Note 2, SIII, iPhone 5, iPhone 4/4s and almost every single one has intro pumping kevikev and every single case is "a must have", well you know where I'm going with that I'm not putting him down. He spends a lot of time putting these reviews and keeping up with latest stuff, and as I said - it's very entertaining. But I still sticking to my opinion of taking everything with a grain of salt. Just like you should take my rants with a grain of salt as well lol!!!
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:15 PM   #436 (permalink)

Quote:
With the "damp" install, you have a lot more latittude to get the install exactly right, so no worries! If ever I have a need to replace this one, I would just order another.

I don't mean to sound like a cheerleader about this product, but it would be hard for me to see how this could be improved. I've had one on my phone for over a year now, and it goes into a pocket of my bag with all sorts of stuff that could damage it (keys, a mini measuring tape, a name badge, pens, etc.) and it doesn't have a single scratch, nor any wear.

One thing I think is signifcant to be aware of...it does take time to dry (you have to leave your device alone for 4-5 hours, difficult to do with a new toy!), and it seems to "cure" further, which takes about a week. The directions say that micro-bubbles will disappear, and that is absolutely true. There is not a single bubble or speck of dust on any of my devices. I'm pretty anal about those kinds of things, and this meets my OCD needs!
Do you have a link for this screen protector? I looked up Skinomi for Note 2 on Amazon, and it comes one with a few products, hardly any reviews (and those not even all positive), and it offers lifetime replacement. Is that the same one you are talking about?
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:22 PM   #437 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Do you have a link for this screen protector? I looked up Skinomi for Note 2 on Amazon, and it comes one with a few products, hardly any reviews (and those not even all positive), and it offers lifetime replacement. Is that the same one you are talking about?
Yep, that's the one. I have them for two Captivate Glide phones, my husband's iPhone and now my Tab 2.

I probably should have mentioned that I'm lurking on the Note 2 section, thinking about getting one when my contract allows. So I can't speak to the issue of the S pen. If you look at reviews for other Skinomi protectors made for other products, you should find more input.

Again, the caveat...when it is first applied, it does not look as good as it will get in a few days. The first time I used one of these, it seemed like it magically cured and turned into a really nice protector, seemingly overnight. So give it time...probably more than you're used to with other products. But IMHO, it's time well spent.
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #438 (permalink)

Device(s): DROID BIONIC

Well, I should have came here before I purchased the poor excuse of a Zagg HD Screen Protector. Installation wasn't too bad and damn did it look nice once it completely set up.... But the first time I used the S pen, I almost screamed. I now have indentations that are not only visible, but can easily be felt.

Getting my refund this week to say the least. What is a protector that is crystal clear but will not leave these crazy indentations from the S Pen and possibly a dry installation?
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #439 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Thanked 2,842 Times in 2,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDroid View Post
Well, I should have came here before I purchased the poor excuse of a Zagg HD Screen Protector. Installation wasn't too bad and damn did it look nice once it completely set up.... But the first time I used the S pen, I almost screamed. I now have indentations that are not only visible, but can easily be felt.

Getting my refund this week to say the least. What is a protector that is crystal clear but will not leave these crazy indentations from the S Pen and possibly a dry installation?
Sorry to hear, unfortunately not the first time I've heard this. The regular ZAGG works fine ( no indentations ) as I have had it on my Note 2 since I purchased it ( Verizon launch day ), but the HD version is just to thin to handle the S Pen. So if you love ZAGG you'll be fine if you replace it w/ the regular version.
Last edited by treb1797; February 18th, 2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #440 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDroid View Post

The BoxWave Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ClearTouch Screen Protector....
Amazon.com: BoxWave Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 ClearTouch Anti-Glare Screen Protector (3 Pack with Cleaning Cloth and Applicator Card) - Matte Anti-Fingerprint Screen Guard Covers for the new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100: Beauty
Is a great dry install screen protector. I am still amazed at how clean it stays. It also has a little tooth so when you use the s-pen it makes it feel a little more like pen and paper. I was concerned at first because I saw some lines on the screen protector after using the s-pen but then I found that a light wipe with a soft cloth and the lines were gone. I really recommend the BoxWave screen protector.
sponsored links
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #441 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

I'll probably never buy another screen protector...... ever.
The Note 2 screen feels so much better without one.
When my screen gets grimy I use a dab of Pledge Multi Surface cleaner on it.
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #442 (permalink)

Device(s): Note II
Carrier: Smart

I just use alcohol to clean my screen. I also like it bare
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #443 (permalink)

I would recommend using any generic eyeglass lens cleaner, can get it for a few bucks in RiteAid or CVS. It's probably the safest solution for either naked glass or plastic screen protector.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #444 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

I'll stick to the Pledge Multi Surface.
Been using it on my electronics and screens for years.
I prefer it over alcohol.
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #445 (permalink)

Alcohol over time can damage the coatings used on screens so it is best to avoid alcohol.
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #446 (permalink)

Quote:
Alcohol over time can damage the coatings used on screens so it is best to avoid alcohol.
How about an lcd lens cleaner?
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #447 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post

How about an lcd lens cleaner?
Pledge Multi Surface cleaner can be used on any screen. I can't remember what made me start using it but I've been hooked on it since....phone, laptop, monitor..... etc. I'd use it on my TV if I could reach it.
My last Tv (Samsung LCD) I used on it on all time.
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #448 (permalink)

Quote:
Pledge Multi Surface cleaner can be used on any screen. I can't remember what made me start using it but I've been hooked on it since....phone, laptop, monitor..... etc. I'd use it on my TV if I could reach it.
My last Tv (Samsung LCD) I used on it on all time.
I'll have to see if it's available here
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #449 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I'll have to see if it's available here
I don't like how alcohol makes my screen feel; not as smooth. Could be all in my head though.
Old March 13th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #450 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't like how alcohol makes my screen feel; not as smooth. Could be all in my head though.
It's not in your head! A lot of different substances/chemicals leave a residue (often invisible) after you use them as a cleaning solution. Once moisture evaporates, whatever residue is left behind can affect sensitivity of the screen/protector. Plus, if you are using a fancy screen protector with olephobic anti-fingerprint coating - it can take that off as well.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Tags
screen protector

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2