Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Moving apps from phone to memory card

I received my 64gb memory card today but cannot seem to find the option under applications manager to move apps from the phone memory to the memory card. Can anyone help?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung N7100 Galaxy Note II / Previously Owned; Samsung N7000 Galaxy Note, Samsung I9000 Galaxy

Can't be done unfortunately. I was surprised too! Decided to simply keep all my media on card, so as to leave my 16Gb on phablet free for apps!

It may be possible that an app may exist that would allow this, but if there was one I would assume that it would require your phone to be rooted.

A minor shame, however this isn't really an issue for me, so it still doesn't change the fact that I think this is the best mobile device I have ever owned. Will only matter to those who like to install many games I think.
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): htc one m8/nexus 5/nexus 7 v2
Carrier: t-mobile

apps to sd may work
Last edited by kevindroid; October 17th, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GT-N7100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindroid View Post
apps to sd may work

I downloaded it and it said it wouldn't work for this phone. From what I've read, only some of the app gets moved, but it is difficult for later versions of android.

I used to use Palms, and that was great for moving apps to the memory card, but you only had about 3 bytes of memory on the phone / pda so you needed to.
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): ZTE Avid 4G w/ custom rom Acer Iconia A500 W/ Cm10.2 Android 4.2.2 custom
Carrier: Metro PCS

Send a message via AIM to NGD1 nikolaidemon@gmail.com

your device has to be rooted and you need to find the right app to move them is all i know, if your rooted ahve you tried titanium backup?
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochog View Post
I downloaded it and it said it wouldn't work for this phone. From what I've read, only some of the app gets moved, but it is difficult for later versions of android.

I used to use Palms, and that was great for moving apps to the memory card, but you only had about 3 bytes of memory on the phone / pda so you needed to.
I can confirm after extensive seatching earlier the only way to do it is by rooting the device as App 2 SD doesn't work for these newer androids. It will tell you which ones are moveable but you won't be able to move them.
11gb is a lot of games and apps though, as coming from a phone with 186mb of internal space i should be fine though now i can obviously play these HD shooting and racing games though most of them are only 150 meg, so its not too much of an issue.
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Here is a simple tutorial, assuming your phone is rooted of course, using directory bind.
How to REALLY put apps on external sd card android - YouTube
Old October 18th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post
I can confirm after extensive seatching earlier the only way to do it is by rooting the device as App 2 SD doesn't work for these newer androids. It will tell you which ones are moveable but you won't be able to move them.
11gb is a lot of games and apps though, as coming from a phone with 186mb of internal space i should be fine though now i can obviously play these HD shooting and racing games though most of them are only 150 meg, so its not too much of an issue.
Yeah, it seems that for newer Android devices loaded with ICS or Jelly Bean, there's no more partitioning that previously existed on devices that had both internal storage and a microSD slot.

I didn't realize this until a few of my relatives got the Photon Q and it didn't show any partitioning like the original Photon.
Old October 19th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 2 (P7100), Samsung Note 2 (N8000)

Hi guys, try Wondershare MobileGo for Android. It did work wonders. Move apps from internal memory to SD card. It manage well my Note 2 (P7100) and my Note 2 (N8000). Hope this helps. Love my Notes so much. God bless to all.
Old October 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, HTC One M8
Carrier: H3G

Hi coolram I have downloaded MobileGo but it does not see the external sd card so you cannot move apps to the external card only to the partition card which is in the phone memory
sponsored links

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2