Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hendrixx007

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Aux output volume

Hey guys. Massive love for the note 2. Incredible screen, amazing battery life, so quick and android is a beautiful and great OS. being a Web Developer I can completely manage Web servers via my phone!!! That's crazy.

Anyway the one problem I would love to fix is the low sound output. When I'm playing Spotify through the 3.5mm in my car, it's quite low, and I have to turn my car stereo up high - this causes distortion and makes the sound quality terrible. I've also noticed through headphones, although there is no distortion, sound output is not quiet but it's not too loud.. Anyone know of a fix for this?

To try and self help, I have turned my device up to full volume and made the stream quality 320k on the Spotify stream (thank god for unlimited data)

Thanks for the help

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30secondstosam View Post
Hey guys. Massive love for the note 2. Incredible screen, amazing battery life, so quick and android is a beautiful and great OS. being a Web Developer I can completely manage Web servers via my phone!!! That's crazy.

Anyway the one problem I would love to fix is the low sound output. When I'm playing Spotify through the 3.5mm in my car, it's quite low, and I have to turn my car stereo up high - this causes distortion and makes the sound quality terrible. I've also noticed through headphones, although there is no distortion, sound output is not quiet but it's not too loud.. Anyone know of a fix for this?

To try and self help, I have turned my device up to full volume and made the stream quality 320k on the Spotify stream (thank god for unlimited data)

Thanks for the help
Had you checked if the system volume is separate from the media volume? You'e done everything that I normally would, as far as troubleshooting is concerned.
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Unfortunately I have yes when you adjust the volume, you can press the cog for more volumes and I raised them all to as high as they go.
Old October 19th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note2 o2/ HTC Desire 2.2 T-Mobile/ HTC Sensation Vodafone

Hi
Might be worth having a look for volume booster apps on the play store,i have tried some of these to boost ringtone volumes but they didnt work with jellybean, but i have seen that they do work for music, just not sure if it will be the same using the jack plug though.

Might be worth having a play around with them.

Pete
Old October 19th, 2012, 06:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter7769 View Post
Hi
Might be worth having a look for volume booster apps on the play store,i have tried some of these to boost ringtone volumes but they didnt work with jellybean, but i have seen that they do work for music, just not sure if it will be the same using the jack plug though.

Might be worth having a play around with them.

Pete
Thanks I'll give it a go
Old October 19th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): htc one m8/nexus 5/nexus 7 v2
Carrier: t-mobile

Volume+ is a very good way to increase volume
Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Ok it doesn't work. Just distorts.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): OnePlus One on 3 - UK

its to protect your ears. Some stupid law / agreement to limit the volume. Honestly!
Old October 23rd, 2012, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

That's insane. How ridiculous is that!
Old October 23rd, 2012, 01:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Droid 3, Droid, iPhone 3G

If you really are having volume issues with your phone then there is something wrong somewhere or you are going deaf. Have you tried a different cable in your car? It may be faulty. How do headphones sound? Are they also quite low even at maximum volume? If so, then you have a faulty model. The volume you should have from your phone is more than optimal and not due to any limitations.

I don't have direct experience with Samsung, but my housemate got a GS3 recently and it works exactly as you would expect while using Aux. I would imagine the Note 2 is no different.
sponsored links
Old October 23rd, 2012, 01:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingPurist View Post
If you really are having volume issues with your phone then there is something wrong somewhere or you are going deaf. Have you tried a different cable in your car? It may be faulty. How do headphones sound? Are they also quite low even at maximum volume? If so, then you have a faulty model. The volume you should have from your phone is more than optimal and not due to any limitations.

I don't have direct experience with Samsung, but my housemate got a GS3 recently and it works exactly as you would expect while using Aux. I would imagine the Note 2 is no different.
That is a good point. I just recently replaced an adaptor i was using and it's way better sounding. That's the only other thing I can think of, since the OP has already exhausted all the troubleshooting steps I would've taken.
Old October 24th, 2012, 04:47 AM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S, HTC Desire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingPurist View Post

Not entirely correct. They do restrict the headphone volume outputs in the EU (and elsewhere) to protect hearing. Depending on your listening scenarios the volume output may be very much less than optimal. The output is fine for listening with IEMs, but many higher quality full-sized headphones have much higher impedances and require more volume output from the playback device to be driven to satisfying levels (ie they are quieter or even much quieter than IEMs at the same phone volume level).

Not sure if this applies to the OP, they might just be someone who likes listening to dangerously loud music, lord knows there are more than enough people damaging their hearing with their listening habits.

Anyways, best solution for the OP will be to wait until something like Siyah kernel comes along that allows for higher volume outputs. Or a headphone amp, if they want to go that route.
Galaxy SIII Review Part 1 & 2: http://goo.gl/8GCHG & http://goo.gl/gDYkA
Galaxy SIII & Nexus 7 Root guides: http://goo.gl/DMN5v & http://goo.gl/pQbUB
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

I know it's 6 months later but I just read through all the aux volume threads with no luck and thought I'd reply with what just worked for me.

I noticed from time to time when using s voice it would give me a message like "mic is in use by another app". This made me think some other app is also controlling the volume and overriding system settings. I have three apps that I suspected: talkatone, grooveip and tasker(only tasker action i have is to play a sound when my battery is 100%). I quit all three apps and my aux volume is so much louder. Opened all three apps back up an volume is still fine. Will have to wait until it occurs again to narrow down which of the three caused the issue, but for now i can finally hear using headphones again.
TheOtherBill likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Tags
low, output, sound

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2