Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

New Forums: Nexus 6 | Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree402Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #701 (permalink)

Device(s): Samy Galaxy Note II,Note 10.1,siii 32gig, had-MotoXoom1,iPhone 4s,4,droidX,Droid 1
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgp View Post
Looks like i may be the only one who is gonna fight for the GNII at the store. Hope i get lucky, but i cant wait til Thursday!
I am also.
So that makes just 3 of us.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #702 (permalink)

Device(s): T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Not Provided

So disgusted with VZ for making their many loyal customers wait an entire month for the release of this phone. This stunt actually caused them to lose a customer. I was so ill with their act that I switched over to T-Mobile and ended up with a better deal. I was paying $105 per month for 450 mins/unlimited text/data/hotspot and that was after my corporate discount. I switched over to Tmobile and got unlimited everything with no data caps and wifi calling for $69/month. I did have to pay full price for my phone in order to get that plan but I was fine with that. I would have never known about TMobile plan had VZ not been playing games with the phone. Hopefully you guys get your phone soon...you will definitely have a lot of good times with it!
serpa4, rivera02 and jasaero like this.
Old November 24th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #703 (permalink)

Device(s):

Is there any truth to this? We know that it is to ship on the 27th but can it also be available/arrive on the 27th?

I made a thread about a conversation I had with VZ and was told by both people in management that it will ship and launch on the 27th. But they also said the 29th so I'm not sure...

""As for the shipping date, if you pre order the Note 2, Verizon intends on delivering it to your doorsteps on November 27th. However, it looks like November 27th will not be the official Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date at Verizon. Nope, a leak from last month indicates that Big Red will actually release the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in its stores on November 29th," reported GForGames."
Old November 24th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #704 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osensnolf View Post
Is there any truth to this? We know that it is to ship on the 27th but can it also be available/arrive on the 27th?

I made a thread about a conversation I had with VZ and was told by both people in management that it will ship and launch on the 27th. But they also said the 29th so I'm not sure...

""As for the shipping date, if you pre order the Note 2, Verizon intends on delivering it to your doorsteps on November 27th. However, it looks like November 27th will not be the official Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date at Verizon. Nope, a leak from last month indicates that Big Red will actually release the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in its stores on November 29th," reported GForGames."
How would we have "at our doorsteps" on the 27th of its not shipping until the 27th
Old November 24th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #705 (permalink)

Device(s): Samy Galaxy Note II,Note 10.1,siii 32gig, had-MotoXoom1,iPhone 4s,4,droidX,Droid 1

Quote:

Thursday is the day I am suspecting for release in store not tuesday.
Old November 24th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #706 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjoneshjones View Post
So disgusted with VZ for making their many loyal customers wait an entire month for the release of this phone. This stunt actually caused them to lose a customer. I was so ill with their act that I switched over to T-Mobile and ended up with a better deal. I was paying $105 per month for 450 mins/unlimited text/data/hotspot and that was after my corporate discount. I switched over to Tmobile and got unlimited everything with no data caps and wifi calling for $69/month. I did have to pay full price for my phone in order to get that plan but I was fine with that. I would have never known about TMobile plan had VZ not been playing games with the phone. Hopefully you guys get your phone soon...you will definitely have a lot of good times with it!
I did the same thing. I actually believe if they pull something like this after TMo has all their AT&T sharing and spectrum transfer lit up that VZW will suffer even more if they try to pull something like this on a big device launch. They have been doing great with the network advantage, but as LTE stuff matures on all the other networks I am pretty sure you will see VZW start to bleed.
Old November 24th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #707 (permalink)
vgp

Device(s): Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Alright...im not alone...Three Musketeers!
dfran1 and BleedingPurist like this.
Old November 24th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #708 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to pool_shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjoneshjones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
I did the same thing. I actually believe if they pull something like this after TMo has all their AT&T sharing and spectrum transfer lit up that VZW will suffer even more if they try to pull something like this on a big device launch. They have been doing great with the network advantage, but as LTE stuff matures on all the other networks I am pretty sure you will see VZW start to bleed.
The Note 2 could very well be my last Verizon device.
If it wasn't for the ETF I would be on AT&T with the Note 2 now.
Old November 24th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #709 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
Coverage is the reason I put up with Verizon. I have my mother and mother in law on my family plan and Verizon is the only one that has all of us covered.

There's no point in even considering another carrier until all the people in my family plan can use their phones.
PetiePal likes this.
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #710 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harplayr View Post
Coverage is the reason I put up with Verizon. I have my mother and mother in law on my family plan and Verizon is the only one that has all of us covered.

There's no point in even considering another carrier until all the people in my family plan can use their phones.
Yep. You guys are in the minority though. I have family in rural areas also though so know how that is. Actually some of my family could only get service from a local subsidized rural provider until recently. Think the rest cover 96%of the population with their roaming deals and TMo and sprint probably approach 90% without roaming.
sponsored links
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #711 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011mazdaspeed View Post
How would we have "at our doorsteps" on the 27th of its not shipping until the 27th

It never said it was to ship on the 27th. Here's what the website says.

Will
ship by
11/27
Old November 25th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #712 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid X, Samsung Note 2

I just need the VZW coverage. Works at the top of the ski resorts (cheap resorts, I'm not rich), had 4G in Colorado Springs and Columbia SC, and 3G at work in Sumter SC. In Sumter, SC, sprint is FREAKING 2G! I was playing with the store model comparing to my 2.5 year old Droid X and my Droid X was quite a bit faster. I was disappointed in the Note for sure....then the sales rep said...2G here buddy. I left the store promptly.
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #713 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2; Galaxy Nexus

The Best Buy ad on today's Sunday paper has the Verizon Note 2 for sale. They make it look like if it was available today.
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #714 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre2p View Post
The Best Buy ad on today's Sunday paper has the Verizon Note 2 for sale. They make it look like if it was available today.
Just went to best buy site and checked ad. Nothing for note 2 for Verizon
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #715 (permalink)

Quote:
Just went to best buy site and checked ad. Nothing for note 2 for Verizon
It's in my ad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20121125_111148.jpg (1.34 MB, 60 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pool_shark For This Useful Post:
2011mazdaspeed (November 25th, 2012), Osensnolf (November 25th, 2012)
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #716 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
It never said it was to ship on the 27th. Here's what the website says.

Will
ship by
11/27
Verizon ships their devices on the ship by date, its been like that for every phone since the S3 came out. You'll have your phone Thursday.
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #717 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
It's in my ad.
thank you, guess im going to BB today since im uying phone outright for $700, ill c if they will match Verizon price (BB price is 799) and I can put on bb credit card, 0% interest lol

thanks again
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #718 (permalink)

Quote:
thank you, guess im going to BB today since im uying phone outright for $700, ill c if they will match Verizon price (BB price is 799) and I can put on bb credit card, 0% interest lol

thanks again
If you go and they let you purchase it, let us know.
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #719 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
If you go and they let you purchase it, let us know.
if they let me , I prob wouldn't make it back to the forum.. id have a heart attack lol jk Ill post what happens
PetiePal likes this.
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #720 (permalink)

Device(s): Blackberry Storm 2 Waiting for VZW Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiePal View Post
The radios on the AT&T and tmboile versions were solid but again...lte. It's weaker at penetrating walls.

The only plus side is that the coverage for lte will equal 3G by end of 2013 so says Verizon
Are you saying ATT Note IIs LTE has a tough time through walls or all Note IIs?
sponsored links
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #721 (permalink)

Device(s):

Went to Verizon today and the assistant manager told me, he had no clue when the N2 would be releasing. I told him the website had them available for preorder and that would ship by 11/27, and he looked clueless. He said the reason they haven't announced the phone's release is because they prefer to sort out all of the bugs before they release samsung phones. He said Sprint and other companies release them right away because they are hurting for business so they sell phones with bugs.

I also told the guy that my fiance and i would both be getting the phone, one with an upgrade and one at full retail price. He was like, why would you buy that phone at retail price? I told him i still had my unlimited data plan, and i didn't want to lose it. I only use about 3 gigs a month, and he was like, that would be stupid to buy the phone at full retail price. So, I kindly told him that we only had one upgrade available on our plan. He also told me if I wanted to preorder that I'd have to do it online. Not a very good experience at VZW.
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #722 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

I've been on my Sprint Note since launch day. So far I've been completely enjoying my $300.+ tax bug. I'd love to know what bugs we rec'd cause I rechecked my box and didn't have any.
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #723 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfan9110 View Post
He said the reason they haven't announced the phone's release is because they prefer to sort out all of the bugs before they release samsung phones. He said Sprint and other companies release them right away because they are hurting for business so they sell phones with bugs.
This comment echo's the comment I received from two people in upper management for VZ Corporate as mentioned here in my update post.

UPDATE: Verizon GN2 Release (& White GN2 on US Cellular)
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #724 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
This comment echo's the comment I received from two people in upper management for VZ Corporate as mentioned here in my update post.

Says thread was deleted ??
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #725 (permalink)

Device(s):

yeah, i don't know what "bugs" he was referring to. He made it sound like every samsung phone verizon releases is released after all the other carriers release their versions. with how little verizon store reps know and how late the verizon promotional materials are going to be out, i'm guessing this may be easier to get in-store than originally thought.
Old November 25th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #726 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
It's in my ad.
i looked the sku up in the pic. too bad its a sprint sku
Old November 25th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #727 (permalink)

Device(s):

So I got back from BB. They didn't have any idea when its coming in. Also for anyone who wants a s3, they matched Amazon's $50 price. Still waiting on the note
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #728 (permalink)

Device(s):

What I was saying about the radios are that lte signals have a tower time penetrating walls, this is true to whichever carriers lte. 3G is lower bandwidth and has better penetration. I wish I had a good article to throw up handy but google it. It's why you had 5 bars 3G pre lte and then saw worse coverage indoors.

TMI moment my htc thunderbolt never got a signal in my last company's bathroom. Yeah yeah shaddup lol it was just my work phone haha.
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #729 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

Ehhhh...the only bus they'd have to worry about are with any branding Verizon dis past samsung's original specs. BUT I could see AT&T and t-mobile rushing out the product to beat VZW.

For me it's never a question of which carrier. Verizon wireless is the country best, and I've got grandfathered data. AT&T surprisingly still has gaps in coverage. If my bather hasn't worked for AT&T and got a killer discount still as a retiree I'd have had him switch eons ago.

At this point I see the full retail price simply a temporary inconvenience because we all know big red will pull the plug on unlimited grandfathered data users eventually. Wonder how they'll do it...with what method of trickery or simply just one day say yup it's done lol
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #730 (permalink)

Device(s):

Back in Rochester! Had an awesome 3-4 days home with family and the girl. And I can hardly believe we're two days from shipping! Seemed like so long ago from 10/24!!!

Now the frustrating part will be waiting till the end of the work day to rush back to the hotel to grab it at the front desk! Hopefully I can just stop at the VZW down the road or activate it right from the hotel it's fairly easy and I think they've for to ship you the micro sim with the device.
sponsored links
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #731 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
I live in Philly so I can tell you, don't look for LTE to kick in. We don't have it. As far as calls, I think the radio is great.
Data on the other hand is a joke.

Every once in a while I'm able to surf with speeds just a tad faster than dial-up but that only happens once in a blue moon.
I'm trying to hang in there waiting for LTE.
Fellow tristater! NJ here
ScandaLeX likes this.
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #732 (permalink)

Device(s):

i'm in philly all the time and i get verizon LTE coverage
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #733 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

I hope for all you Verizon customers that your in store experience (for those who choose to purchase in store) isn't as whacked like Sprints was. Most stores only getting maybe 3 or 5 phones and demos not even set up yet.
Old November 25th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #734 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Device(s): LG G2 (T-Mobile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
Thank you!!! I actually went out and got something to check the network - so far - it's been SOLID LTE on my S3. The comment was regarding the DNA not dropping LTE.I'll be able to confirm (or not) my issue with the S3 dropping when I go back to work on Tuesday!!
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #735 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfan9110 View Post
I also told the guy that my fiance and i would both be getting the phone, one with an upgrade and one at full retail price. He was like, why would you buy that phone at retail price? I told him i still had my unlimited data plan, and i didn't want to lose it. I only use about 3 gigs a month, and he was like, that would be stupid to buy the phone at full retail price. So, I kindly told him that we only had one upgrade available on our plan. He also told me if I wanted to preorder that I'd have to do it online. Not a very good experience at VZW.
Are you on a Family Share plan? Are you maxed out at 5 lines? If the answers are yes and no, you could add a line to your plan to get the phone for $299. Then after midnight you can switch it over to your line and put a dummy phone on the new line you added and then just pay the $10 a month for it. And you keep your unlimited data. Many people do this. So you end up paying $240 over 2 years as opposed to $700 up front.
Harplayr likes this.
Last edited by cpo2418; November 25th, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #736 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo2418 View Post
Are you on a Family Share plan? Are you maxed out at 5 lines? If the answers are yes and no, you could add a line to your plan to get the phone for $299. Then after midnight you can switch it over to your line and put a dummy phone on the new line you added and then just pay the $10 a month for it. And you keep your unlimited data. Many people do this. So you end up paying $240 over 2 years as opposed to $700 up front.
$10 + tax and fees, right? Can anyone who has done this state the actual monthly cost?
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #737 (permalink)
vgp

Anyone considered ordering online from Walmart for the $100 ecard?
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #738 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
$10 + tax and fees, right? Can anyone who has done this state the actual monthly cost?
I did this today to get wife the s3
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #739 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgp View Post
Anyone considered ordering online from Walmart for the $100 ecard?
Link ?
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #740 (permalink)
vgp

Quote:
I think i did this about 4 years ago...how i ended up with this line, but dont quote these numbers since your tax and fees may differ:

Line Access 11/16 - 12/15 $9.99
Monthly Access Charges $9.99

Verizon Wireless Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits *
Fed Universal Service Charge $1.17
Regulatory Charge $0.16
Administrative Charge $0.99
TX Franchise Surchg $0.17
Texas Universal Service $1.02
Verizon Wireless Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits $3.51

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges & Fees *
TX State 911 Fee $0.50
TX Equalization Surcharge $0.06
TX State Sales Tax $1.98
Dallas City Sales Tax $0.31
Dallas Mta Tax $0.31
Taxes, Governmental Surcharges & Fees $3.16

Total Charges for xxx-xxx-xxxx $16.66
The Following User Says Thank You to vgp For This Useful Post:
pool_shark (November 25th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #741 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
I live in Philly so I can tell you, don't look for LTE to kick in. We don't have it. As far as calls, I think the radio is great.
Data on the other hand is a joke.

Every once in a while I'm able to surf with speeds just a tad faster than dial-up but that only happens once in a blue moon.
I'm trying to hang in there waiting for LTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
I was having a doh moment. Was thinking Sprint and not Verizon.
Mah bad.
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #742 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo2418 View Post
this is a great thing but depending on where you live taxes could be an extra $5 per month so its in essence $15 per mo.
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #743 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcpa View Post
Are you saying ATT Note IIs LTE has a tough time through walls or all Note IIs?
I work in a factory. My friends can't get Verizon LTE inside the plant with a Thunderbolt, iPhone 5 and a Razr Maxx, but I can with a Note 2 on ATT. Might be a CDMA/GSM thing.
Last edited by Pioneer74; November 25th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #744 (permalink)
vgp

Quote:
Link ?
Just go to walmart.com and do a search for the Note II. See if this link works for ya:

Electronics: Cell Phones with Plans Search
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vgp For This Useful Post:
2011mazdaspeed (November 25th, 2012), Osensnolf (November 25th, 2012), sillyrabbitt123 (November 25th, 2012)
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #745 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123 View Post
this is a great thing but depending on where you live taxes could be an extra $5 per month so its in essence $15 per mo.
Either way it's still cheaper. Plus you may have a friend or family member who could take over the line and pay their share at some point. And if not it's another line that will have an upgrade that you can use
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #746 (permalink)

So let's say $15/month. That's $720. To me the only real benefit of doing it that way is you get to pay it off over 2 years instead of upfront. The bad part is you have another 2 year contract.

I don't want another contract, I want to be able to switch carriers whenever I want without paying an ETF.
Old November 25th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #747 (permalink)

Device(s): GN2, E3d
Carrier: verizon / sprint

Default how in the hell!

did anyone else see this on ebay (Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 - 16GB - Marble White (Verizon) Smartphone w/Sim | eBay). the seller says this thing just arrived at his house. all i can say is it must be getting close.
Last edited by dpeagle; November 25th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old November 25th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #748 (permalink)

Device(s): Formerly a Droid X, now a Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Big Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeagle View Post
did anyone else see this on ebay (samsung galaxy note ii 2 - 16gb - marble white (verizon) smartphone w/sim | ebay). The seller says this thing just arrived at his house. All i can say is it must be getting close.
wizzzzzzzzzzarrrdd.
Old November 25th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #749 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeagle View Post
did anyone else see this on ebay (Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 - 16GB - Marble White (Verizon) Smartphone w/Sim | eBay). the seller says this thing just arrived at his house. all i can say is it must be getting close.
There are six days left on the auction. I don't think he has it yet. I think he is counting on it being there in 6 days....
Old November 25th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #750 (permalink)

Device(s): GN2, E3d
Carrier: verizon / sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalcanto View Post
There are six days left on the auction. I don't think he has it yet. I think he is counting on it being there in 6 days....
if you blow up the first 2 pics in his listing, i dont see the verizon logo on the home button. the 2nd pic is simply a crop of the verizon gn2 page. how stupid can you be to bet on a phone carrier. wait, maybe the 8 morons who have bids on it are worse.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2