Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree402Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #1001 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48
Carrier: T-Mobile (Prepaid)

Congrats dude!
IamReady likes this.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #1002 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Device(s): LG G2 (T-Mobile)
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Back to S3 vs Note 2 vs DNA

Here's the reason I wanted to see a comparison of the S3 vs the Note 2 - 3 days at home - solid (almost 100%) 4G. 1 day @ work (and home - and travel time)

LTE 47.6%, 1xRTT 26.7%, EVDO 3.3%, EHRPD (whatever that is) 20.8%
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #1003 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GS3
Carrier: verizon

Default Got my phone!!!!!!!

The verizon version does not come with ear buds. The home button does have the logo but it really does not look that bad. I pickef mine up at a authorized dealer tonight and I love this phone, it is awesome. You want be disappointed at all.
IamReady likes this.
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #1004 (permalink)

Device(s):

Cool I stopped in a Corp store tonight in Lafayette, LA and talked to the girl sales manager....... She told me to text her tomorrow if I'm coming Thursday morning and she will hold me one. For now that is my plan.

I also went to an ATT store next door and finger banged a Note 2 for about 15 min...... It feels 100% better than I thought a 5.5 inch screen phone could. In single hand mode I can operate it just as good as my Nexus with one hand.
IamReady likes this.
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #1005 (permalink)

Device(s):

11:23pm. Still nothing...
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #1006 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Personal), Galaxy s4 (work)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Send a message via AIM to AFAngryWarrior Send a message via MSN to AFAngryWarrior Send a message via Yahoo to AFAngryWarrior Send a message via Skype™ to AFAngryWarrior AFAngryWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011mazdaspeed View Post
What does the key chain do
That whole NFC package is overpriced you can get NFC stickers for under $1 each and they want $15 for 10 stickers and 1 keychain...
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #1007 (permalink)

Device(s): If it's Android I've probably used it! Note 2 now
Carrier: Verizon

Send a message via MSN to IamReady

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiePal View Post
11:23pm. Still nothing...
You are getting yours through a business account, right? If so, I still have not received an email with shipping info but was able to go into My Business account and found the info there.

I bet yours has shipped...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #1008 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to AFAngryWarrior Send a message via MSN to AFAngryWarrior Send a message via Yahoo to AFAngryWarrior Send a message via Skype™ to AFAngryWarrior AFAngryWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggles View Post
I just ordered my Note 2!!!

Flip cover case out of stock already....
They are in stock you just have to purchase separately. When you ordered the Note 2 it says out of stock because its a separate ordering system. It stinks because accessories ship 3-5 days for free but its the way you gotta do it. I had to go back into the regular accessories section to order the case/stand and belt clip combo. I've gotten this question at work at least 10 times today.
The Following User Says Thank You to AFAngryWarrior For This Useful Post:
snuggles (November 28th, 2012)
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #1009 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamReady View Post
You are getting yours through a business account, right? If so, I still have not received an email with shipping info but was able to go into My Business account and found the info there.

I bet yours has shipped...

No not business, just personal.
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #1010 (permalink)

Quote:
No not business, just personal.
If you don't receive it by Noon tomorrow send me a PM and I can get the status or FedEx tracking number for you when I get to my desk.
The Following User Says Thank You to AFAngryWarrior For This Useful Post:
2011mazdaspeed (November 27th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #1011 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
If you don't receive it by Noon tomorrow send me a PM and I can get the status or FedEx tracking number for you when I get to my desk.

he got the info for me
AFAngryWarrior likes this.
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #1012 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:

That whole NFC package is overpriced you can get NFC stickers for under $1 each and they want $15 for 10 stickers and 1 keychain...
I'm sorry but what does this have to do with what the keychain does?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #1013 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Just to calm some nerves I thought I'd post. I'm a VZW employee who also pre-ordered the Note 2. When I check my order status through the website it say's "Your order is currently being processed......" which I'm sure a lot of you also see. HOWEVER, when I check the internal order system with my pre-order confirmation it shows me it's shipped today. It seems that the orders status system just hasn't caught up with the shipments. So you can rest assured that even if it says processing as long as you pre-ordered it will ship today. I did the pre-order yesterday and its shipped. You just may not get your shipping confirmation until later tonight. I agree that it wasn't executed as well as pre-orders in the past. Usually those that pre-order get the phones before they are available in the retail outlets. Thats what makes it worth pre-ordering. This time however it seems they will arrive in stores on the 29th which is the day we'll receive our pre-orders. So this time the only benefit on pre-ordering is ensuring you get one and not having to go to a store. The downside is you could go to the store at 9am on the 29th and get it quicker than FEDEX will probably get to you.

PS - For the person that asked about keeping the Unlimited Data Plan. There are no 4G unlimited plans. Regardless of whether or not you purchase at Full Retail you would have to go a 4G data plan of which there are 3 for Nationwide Plans and various choices for Share Everything.

I have a RAZR maxx right now with unlimited data 4G. Upgraded before the nationwide plans were available.
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #1014 (permalink)

Device(s): Soon to be SGN2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamReady View Post
Just received my tracking number. Scheduled for delivery by 4:30pm... tomorrow the 28th!!!!! AWESOME!!!

Lucky! Mines says 4:30 on the 29 but its in transit from Memphis shouldn't take a whole two days right? Please be a computer glitch haha
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #1015 (permalink)

Device(s):

Yes that's true I did it when the iPhone 4 came to Verizon if you order by mail just call to activate its called an alternative upgrade & have a cheap old phone that don't need a Internet plan to put on the new line
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #1016 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy5000x2 View Post
Called to try and get an early upgrade to the Note 2. Apparently the Note 2 follows the same rules as the iPhone 5. No early upgrades, you have to wait until your upgrade date to get the reduced amount. I think I might try giving a call when the phone is officially released and see if it was just a system error or something.
That's how it is with all phones u can get the phone but u have to pay full retail. Or add on a family share plan line. Put a non smart phone on that line & put the note 2 on ur line it will b $40 for smart phones $30 for basic phonies .so add a new line to ur account if u wanna upgrade now I did it with the iPhone when u came to Verizon It's called a alternative upgrade
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:49 AM   #1017 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harplayr View Post
Scum because they choose to market another more exclusive device first???

Do they highlight a product that is an exclusive only to them...or market a product that every other company sells? It's just smart business practice and I don't fault them for their release schedule.

I'm just happy the picked up the N2 after passing on the N1. I don't mind waiting the extra couple of weeks and I'm glad they they honored their promise to ship on time.
I think they do that with certain devises. With apple it had to b a secret but they don't advertise much I'm thinking because they not making much out the deal then trying to recoop their money in sells is another story. They thought it wouldn't be marketable or sellable. You know our brains are made to think 1 way smaller is better especially with apple lol. So basically Verizon don't wanna b left out the mix even if they lose money So the few peeps that want sgn2 can wait while we get out the phones we fully indorse and guaranteed money on both ways.peeps don't understand these phone comps with the apple phone is making no money off iPhone sells so they take it cause they stand a chance of getting more customers. That's why Verizon said hell no in the 1st place. U kno vzw want all the money & so does apple. Some1 had to give and with Verizon customers bout ready to jump ship if the iPhone didn't come soon they made the deal but letting apple do all marketing
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #1018 (permalink)

Device(s):

Talking

Quote:
Called to try and get an early upgrade to the Note 2. Apparently the Note 2 follows the same rules as the iPhone 5. No early upgrades, you have to wait until your upgrade date to get the reduced amount. I think I might try giving a call when the phone is officially released and see if it was just a system error or something.
Just add a line get the phone for $299 then switch ur number on it & have a old phone that don't need Internet to put on ur dummy line if u don't do it like that then u pay full retail for it $700 I've heard::
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #1019 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiron1 View Post
Just left VZW company store locally. Mgr advised the delivery doesnt arrive until 11/29. I asked about reserving one. He said he would, but its not necessary as they are getting "plenty of them".
What town or state u in I'm getting 29th from customer service rep but the store clerks was acting shady
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #1020 (permalink)

Device(s):

They have them hold it
sponsored links
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #1021 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizoid View Post
Please tell me if this is going too far? Or if at all possible? I currently have a rzr maxx and am no where close to an upgrade and I am grandfathered in for VZW unlimited data . My mom has a VZW prepaid. I was told I could add her line to my family plan and get the GN2 on the new line for $299, then transfer GN2 to my line and still be unlimited data. If so on release day welcome to my family plan mom.
You may b able to cause u not upgrading ur phone per say. But the share everything was a bit cheaper than having separate bills me & my daughter currently has ip4 my husband bb & my son a dare with 4g a month, unlimited texting & calling my daughter has Netflix going all the time on her phone, I'm on my Internet all the time & so is my husband , I also tether my iPad mini and not even 2 gigs is used by the end of the month .
and it will only be $10 plus tax a month for her line but she will need a phone to use as well if the prepay don't transfer over or if mom is happy with her pre pay just add a line for $10 plus tax & put a dummy phone on the line it's called alternative upgrade
Last edited by Lashawnterry; November 28th, 2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #1022 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
I'm sorry but what does this have to do with what the keychain does?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner
Google or YouTube NFC tags

It allows you to change phone settings depending in where your located etc.

Lots of features.

http://gigaom.com/mobile/getting-started-with-nfc-on-the-phone-and-in-the-home/
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #1023 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunBringer View Post
harplayr they're probably going to do what ogwilson just said, put zero effort into it so that they can throw their weight around in the future, more than they already do I'm sure. Us consumers don't benefit from it so I don't see why you'd blame me for not liking it, as a consumer. IMO they should've released the Note 2 ASAP so that demand died down before the DNA was released then they would've had 2 successful releases instead of 1, but now they'll have a few people get the DNA and the Verizon customers who've been waiting will get the Note 2, though I'm sure with a bunch of bloatware etc. I look out for the consumer because that's what we are. "Smart Business Practices" don't concern me because Verizon's bottom line does not concern me.

Also like dude said I have a choice, and I choose not to support those business practices.
If you dropped Verizon and took your business elsewhere..my hat's off to you. You put your money where your mouth is. Your profile says AT&T so I assume that this is the case.

For myself, Verizon is clearly the best company in my area for reliable reception, and they have a great selection of phones. I happily suport their business model and hope that their competition will take note that they will have to work MUCH harder to match or exceed Verizon's performance before gaining my business.
Last edited by Harplayr; November 28th, 2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #1024 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashawnterry View Post
That's how it is with all phones u can get the phone but u have to pay full retail. Or add on a family share plan line. Put a non smart phone on that line & put the note 2 on ur line it will b $40 for smart phones $30 for basic phonies .so add a new line to ur account if u wanna upgrade now I did it with the iPhone when u came to Verizon It's called a alternative upgrade
The people I talked to at Verizon told me that if I wanted any other phone besides those two, they'd have no problem with giving me the reduced price early.

I could do your suggestion. An alternative I want to try first is that I'm not the only person on my plan, and some one on my plan has an upgrade less than a week from now. I think there might be a way to fanangle me getting their upgrade time. Or we could swap phones, have them upgrade their line to the Note 2, then swap phones back. I think that's possible...

Or I'll just tough it out for a month haha
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #1025 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
What town or state u in I'm getting 29th from customer service rep but the store clerks was acting shady

Gardens Mall, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #1026 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
The people I talked to at Verizon told me that if I wanted any other phone besides those two, they'd have no problem with giving me the reduced price early.

I could do your suggestion. An alternative I want to try first is that I'm not the only person on my plan, and some one on my plan has an upgrade less than a week from now. I think there might be a way to fanangle me getting their upgrade time. Or we could swap phones, have them upgrade their line to the Note 2, then swap phones back. I think that's possible...

Or I'll just tough it out for a month haha
If any of the phones on your family plan is due for an upgrade you can "transfer" that upgrade to your phone. I do that all the time.
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #1027 (permalink)

Device(s):

Stilllll no shipment confirmation. Giving it till noon then I'm calling.
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #1028 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
You may b able to cause u not upgrading ur phone per say. But the share everything was a bit cheaper than having separate bills me & my daughter currently has ip4 my husband bb & my son a dare with 4g a month, unlimited texting & calling my daughter has Netflix going all the time on her phone, I'm on my Internet all the time & so is my husband , I also tether my iPad mini and not even 2 gigs is used by the end of the month .
and it will only be $10 plus tax a month for her line but she will need a phone to use as well if the prepay don't transfer over or if mom is happy with her pre pay just add a line for $10 plus tax & put a dummy phone on the line it's called alternative upgrade

That's is what I plan to try. Add her prepaid phone for $10 a month switch GN2 to my line and she can keep her prepaid or take my old voyager and sell my maxx.
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #1029 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizoid View Post
That's is what I plan to try. Add her prepaid phone for $10 a month switch GN2 to my line and she can keep her prepaid or take my old voyager and sell my maxx.
What I DoD for wife s3
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #1030 (permalink)

Device(s):

Just called my VZ dealer. They have them in stock but "it launches tomorrow and that is when they will be on sale".
sponsored links
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #1031 (permalink)

Device(s): VZW SG Note II

Send a message via ICQ to Alice Kaye Send a message via AIM to Alice Kaye Send a message via MSN to Alice Kaye Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Kaye Send a message via Skype™ to Alice Kaye

Oh man and now the waiting is killing me, knowing it's sitting about an hour and a half away in Coatesville, PA. I wish I could call and tell them to retrieve it and I'll just pick the darn thing up. I am not a patient person. Christmas as a child probably made my parents want to murder me. :P
ScandaLeX and Glenn9586 like this.
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #1032 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harplayr View Post
If any of the phones on your family plan is due for an upgrade you can "transfer" that upgrade to your phone. I do that all the time.
Oh very nice! I'll make sure to give Verizon a call on the 5th of December then
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #1033 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Stilllll no shipment confirmation. Giving it till noon then I'm calling.
Got my shipping confirmation last night around 8:15pm EST. Says it's coming from Memphis, TN and expected to be delivered to me in PA by 7pm EST on 11/29.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #1034 (permalink)

Gotta love Verizon. My N2 shipped on 27 Nov from PA (3 hrs away from me) on 2 day shipment. It arrived in Alexandria, VA (9 miles from me) at 0714 this AM with expected delivery by 1900 29 Nov. Called Alexandria FEDEX facility to see they could get it on a delivery truck today or if I could come by & pick it up; rep said NO, package is containerized and no individual deliveries can be done until the 29th. WANT TO PLAY WITH THE GOODNESS NOW!!!!
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #1035 (permalink)

Device(s):

At least all your phones shipped lol I'm dying over here just to know if it IS on its way.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #1036 (permalink)

Device(s):

My white and titanium are on the FedEx truck and out for delivery!!! Didn't even want to take a shower this morning so I could wait by the door. Looks like Christmas is November 28.
ScandaLeX and Harplayr like this.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #1037 (permalink)

Device(s): LG Ally, Droid X, HTC Rezound, LG Spectrum, Galaxy S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osensnolf View Post
Just called my VZ dealer. They have them in stock but "it launches tomorrow and that is when they will be on sale".
The Verizon Corporate store near me said they don't even have them yet. She said they usually don't get them until the day before they launch and they have no idea how many they will get. And It won't be available for purchase until tomorrow. I got the Galaxy S3 on the 15th and my 14 day return window ends on the 29th. I plan on being at the store at 9am on the 29th to exchange it for the Note 2. If something goes horribly wrong and I can't get the Note 2 tomorrow, I will have to return the S3 and order the Note 2. That means in the meantime I'll be using my daughters old Rhyme which I keep as a backup, cracked screen and all.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #1038 (permalink)

Quote:
At least all your phones shipped lol I'm dying over here just to know if it IS on its way.
I only pre-ordered this thing right before 1pm EST yesterday. So, I was a little concerned to see a message on the pre-order status site telling me it was in process and to check the following day. The good thing was that I put this order through directly with a CSR over the phone. Seven hours after the order was entered, I got the shipping confirmation.

I say this to put you at ease - I'm sure yours shipped. But I can understand wanting to have peace of mind that it did indeed ship and is on its way to you.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #1039 (permalink)

Device(s):

FedEx truck at the door!! See you guys tomorrow!
ThelVlaster likes this.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #1040 (permalink)

Device(s):

Well I've just confirmed it didn't ship yet, and the order didn't even process or show properly. I'm on the phone with a rep now, trying to get this sorted out.

They see it but it hasn't shipped...
sponsored links
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #1041 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasonableperson View Post
FedEx truck at the door!! See you guys tomorrow!
Pixxxx
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #1042 (permalink)

Device(s): Blackberry Storm 2 Waiting for VZW Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiron1 View Post
Gardens Mall, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I'm in Delray and moving to west boynton, west of the Fl Tpke. VZW coverage map shows a big empty spot there but AT&T has all of So. Florida covered according to their map. Why not switch to AT&T and save lots of money?
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #1043 (permalink)

Device(s):

Order was officially stalled. The fact I never got an email confirmation about my preorder in October should have signaled something was wrong.

Canceled my order (and got the order cancellation notice by email which at that point just seemed spiteful VZW lol) Re-ordered and had to pay overnight shipping if I wanted it tomorrow.

Jerkheads! :L
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #1044 (permalink)

Device(s): If it's Android I've probably used it! Note 2 now

Send a message via MSN to IamReady

Quote:
Order was officially stalled. The fact I never got an email confirmation about my preorder in October should have signaled something was wrong.

Canceled my order (and got the order cancellation notice by email which at that point just seemed spiteful VZW lol) Re-ordered and had to pay overnight shipping if I wanted it tomorrow.

That's pitiful when it was clearly their system issue. Well, the bright side is you will have it tomorrow...
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #1045 (permalink)

Quote:

Wow, that's pretty messed up of VZW considering it was an error on their end from an Order Entry perspective. I'd either piing VZW on Twitter or each out to their Executive Relations team. I can PM you the details if interested.
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #1046 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntrix View Post
No..unlimited can't. New subscription check with jellybean and even 3rd party apps in most cases. Plus tethering rule only applies to metered accounts.
Source Please ... I posted a source link that directly contradicts your statement above, so I'd like to see what proof you have that contradicts the link I posted in addition to the recorded calls I have with Verizon management which confirm my statement.
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #1047 (permalink)

Device(s):

Verizon can charge for tethering, they can't DISALLOW tethering apps as part of the LTE spectrum. It's a little loophole. But they can monitor your bandwidth and if you go nuts throttle the hell out of you.
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #1048 (permalink)

Quote:
Verizon can charge for tethering, they can't DISALLOW tethering apps as part of the LTE spectrum. It's a little loophole. But they can monitor your bandwidth and if you go nuts throttle the hell out of you.
Source please ....

Once again, here is my backup (since I can't upload my calls):

Let my Wi-Fi go: FCC rules Verizon can't charge for Wi-Fi tethering | ZDNet

Quote:

Quote:
In the case of Verizon, the company started charging users a $20 per month tethering charge even if they had an “unlimited” plan. Those days are done. You will now be able to freely share your bandwidth as you see fit.
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #1049 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to pool_shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderleaf View Post
Source please ....

Once again, here is my backup (since I can't upload my calls):

Let my Wi-Fi go: FCC rules Verizon can't charge for Wi-Fi tethering | ZDNet

Quote:
The same guy you're using as your defense posted a follow-up article the very next day.

Verizon: No free tethering for unlimited data plan customers

Summary: It turns out that Verizon will still be charging unlimited data plan customers if they want to share their 3G and 4G connections by tethering with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB-empowered devices.

Verizon: No free tethering for unlimited data plan customers | ZDNet
The Following User Says Thank You to pool_shark For This Useful Post:
raiderleaf (November 28th, 2012)
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #1050 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
The same guy you're using as your defense posted a follow-up article the very next day.

Verizon: No free tethering for unlimited data plan customers

Summary: It turns out that Verizon will still be charging unlimited data plan customers if they want to share their 3G and 4G connections by tethering with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB-empowered devices.
Verizon: No free tethering for unlimited data plan customers | ZDNet
Okay so here is the scoop:

I just got off the phone with Daniel Ayala from Verizon Wireless who is a customer service support manager. He put me on hold for 15 minutes to review this with upper management to find out the story. Here are the results:
  • Current Unlimited Data customers WHO USE THE BUILT IN HOT-SPOT CAPABILITY will be charged $30/mo for their tethering service. Customers who are on a restricted data package (with GB limits) can tether for free using this capability but are susceptible to overage charges if they exceed their GB limit.
  • For Unlimited Data Package Customers, the $30/mo tethering charge can be AVOIDED ENTIRELY if you use a 3rd Party application to tether (NOT THE BUILT-IN HOTSPOT CAPABILITY). Daniel gave SPECIFIC instruction that users with unlimited data packages can go to the Google Play Store (Used it by name) and download a 3rd party app to tether. This way, it shows up that unlimited data shows as being used through a 3rd party app instead of a 1st party provided service which still falls within the Verizon guidelines. The call was recorded and I can reference it anytime in the future should Verizon try to floor me on my bill if I do it this way.

With that said, does anyone know of any good 3rd party tethering apps that are compatible with the new Jelly Bean on the GN2?

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2