Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Like Tree402Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #1251 (permalink)
Member
 
Morpeeeenote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): Soon to be SGN2!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
Press and hold the tab that sticks out from the bar and drag it.
thank you! i was holding it down but i didn't know why it wouldn't move lol

Advertisements
__________________
KAKAOTALK anyone?
Morpeeeenote is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #1252 (permalink)
Writer
 
ogwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Berlin, WI
Gender: Male
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): Moto DROID MAXX, Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 11
Thanked 69 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
Wow you are right. It makes no sense. They actually try to get people off their network which is why we have the persistent wifi notification. The more I see that Verizon has crippled this device the more I want to return it.
Yea I knew there had to be a reason they delayed it for so long. It was more than just wanting to market the DNA. But let's all be patient and have faith that the ROM community will bring us the features that Samsung advertised to us.
Alice Kaye likes this.
ogwilson is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ogwilson For This Useful Post:
Alice Kaye (November 30th, 2012)
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #1253 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 123
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogwilson View Post
Yea I knew there had to be a reason they delayed it for so long. It was more than just wanting to market the DNA. But let's all be patient and have faith that the ROM community will bring us the features that Samsung advertised to us.
Amen
2011mazdaspeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #1254 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
treb1797's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,921
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 3,541
Thanked 2,842 Times in 2,180 Posts
Thumbs up 50% Accessory Code

Just wanted to remind you guys about this :Register Your Note 2 for 50% Gift From Samsung Just picked up an extra battery myself
twospirits and ScandaLeX like this.
treb1797 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to treb1797 For This Useful Post:
ScandaLeX (November 30th, 2012)
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #1255 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry got mine around noon. Just been busy all day to come in here. Just in case this helps anyone. I was able to add my mom to my family plan and get the GN2 for $300 instead of $700 on her new line. Then transfered phone to my line and I was able to keep my unlimited data and she kept her old phone which I only have to pay $10 a month for now.
Rizoid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #1256 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 123
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizoid View Post
Sorry got mine around noon. Just been busy all day to come in here. Just in case this helps anyone. I was able to add my mom to my family plan and get the GN2 for $300 instead of $700 on her new line. Then transfered phone to my line and I was able to keep my unlimited data and she kept her old phone which I only have to pay $10 a month for now.
This was already mentioned earlier that it could be done.
2011mazdaspeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 01:29 AM   #1257 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,802
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,159
Thanked 943 Times in 614 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011mazdaspeed View Post
This was already mentioned earlier that it could be done.
He's excited he has his phone.....let him enjoy the moment.
twospirits and PetiePal like this.
ScandaLeX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #1258 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,802
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,159
Thanked 943 Times in 614 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpeeeenote View Post
thank you! i was holding it down but i didn't know why it wouldn't move lol
Wait........where's the I GOT MINE post.....last thing I read you were an 1.5 hrs away from it and now you moving stuff around?
**Throws Confetti** CONGRATS!!!!!
PetiePal, treb1797, almath and 1 others like this.
ScandaLeX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #1259 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011mazdaspeed View Post
This was already mentioned earlier that it could be done.

I know it was mentioned but there was still doubters.
Rizoid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #1260 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm almost certain I'm going with the Note2 vs the DNA, but just wait a few seconds and I'll flip flop again

Hopefully the local store as a few left, I dont want to wait for the mail man
Hoss is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #1261 (permalink)
Member
 
Morpeeeenote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): Soon to be SGN2!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

When I got home yesterday I was too tired for a I got mine post lol. Thanks scandal! It was a rough couple weeks hahaha! My Mercury cases fit great too Def loving it.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to change my icons on the lock screen. I use gmail not that default email they have?

There's so much to learn on this phone I need a whole week to learn everything lol
PetiePal, ScandaLeX and almath like this.
Morpeeeenote is offline  
Last edited by Morpeeeenote; November 30th, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #1262 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Settings-lock screen-lock screen options-shortcuts
JoJoCal19 likes this.
Dan GSR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #1263 (permalink)
Member
 
Alice Kaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Female
Posts: 124
 
Device(s): VZW SG Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Kaye Send a message via AIM to Alice Kaye Send a message via MSN to Alice Kaye Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Kaye Send a message via Skype™ to Alice Kaye
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpeeeenote View Post
When I got home yesterday I was too tired for a I got mine post lol. Thanks scandal! It was a rough couple weeks hahaha! My Mercury cases fit great too Def loving it.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to change my icons on the lock screen. I use gmail not that default email they have?

There's so much to learn on this phone I need a whole week to learn everything lol
I unfortunately couldn't find a way, so I reinstalled Widget Locker. If there is a way though, without Widget Locker, KilO would be very happy to hear it.
__________________
VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock / Rooted / Nova
Alice Kaye is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #1264 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 741
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyalan15 View Post
Well, mine came this morning while I was at school. I was able to convince my dad to let me have it early!! So now I'm busily playing with it

~C
THAT is awesome. Happy for you brother!
PetiePal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #1265 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 741
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpeeeenote View Post
I work wherever there is a blood drive. Everyday is a new place!
That's really cool!
Morpeeeenote likes this.
PetiePal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #1266 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 741
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Default

So mine was delivered at 1:58 yesterday and I had to suffer through the rest of the work day. I actually woke up feeling kinda sick but I was aces by day end. Didn't realize that the Mercury case I got is manufactured in NYC, so it was sitting on TOP of the FedEx package at the hotel when I got back. On top of that my 2 coworkers were ready to leave at 4:30 wee!

Tore into everything, was kinda sad to see no earbuds but oh well. On the Titanium Grey model the button branding isn't AS noticeable as on the white ones. Took my SIM out from my Galaxy Nexus, luckily it's the same. (The LTE SIM on the Bionic was different than my galaxy nexus so I had to go to a VZW store the day I got that to get a new SIM, luckily it seems they've settled on this microsim for some time now) All I had to do was slide it in, power it on and I was set up within minutes!

Played around with it a good deal, set about 80 of the most important apps to install (my last phone has 498 AHHHHHH!) and let it do it's thing. Took a quick hour nap and played some more. Had dinner and played some more lol. By 2am battery was down to 17%. I'm doing a light usage day today, unplugged at 7:45 am and 10:41 I'm at 92% That's a VERY good initial sign.

Case fits amazingly, and isn't hard to get off. Everything is so fast and snappy. Haven't really dug TOO much into S-Pen stuff yet but S-Voice is much better than I thought it was for voice dictation and automating actions
ScandaLeX, almath and Morpeeeenote like this.
PetiePal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #1267 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,017
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,226
Thanked 4,671 Times in 1,742 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

No earbuds?

When i got my package (Sprint), and opened it up, it also did not look like there were any earbuds, but they were underneath along with the wall charger.

Are you on Verizon? has anyone else gotten earbuds in their verizon Notes?

TS
__________________
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

Google + and twitter user.
Click below for image/list of devices...



twospirits is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #1268 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 741
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Verizon Wireless does not come with them from what I understand.
PetiePal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #1269 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Theibault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 98
 
Device(s): GNII, GSIII, Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus, Xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

As far as the ear buds go, no biggie. Klipsche makes a great set that sounds much better. I have two setsanyways from my Gnex and SIII.
Theibault is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #1270 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 741
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Yeah not that big a deal just weird to not get again the same product everyone else did.
PetiePal is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #1271 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Theibault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 98
 
Device(s): GNII, GSIII, Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus, Xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiePal View Post
Yeah not that big a deal just weird to not get again the same product everyone else did.
Lol that's how I feel about multi view right now.
Theibault is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #1272 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,017
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,226
Thanked 4,671 Times in 1,742 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

That' how i feel about you guys with your sim cards, and the Sprint version having it embedded.

TS
twospirits is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #1273 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
raiderleaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Taxville USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 59
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
That' how i feel about you guys with your sim cards, and the Sprint version having it embedded.

TS
I was had man. I had had to drive to a VZW store because mine didn't come with a SIM card like the account representative said it would. I was popping my head out of the door looking for the attractive FedEx lady every 5 min like Glenn Quagmire and when I got the phone, I couldn't use it! Then I had to wait 30 min at VZW just to get one!

LAME!

Plus the insurance is $8.99/mo apparently since this is a "phablet", but they let me keep my grandfathered Asurion package which is a smidge over $5 /mo.
__________________
Only QUINTS can kill me.
raiderleaf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #1274 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 768
 
Device(s): Droid X, Samsung Note 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6
Thanked 56 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderleaf View Post
I was had man. I had had to drive to a VZW store because mine didn't come with a SIM card like the account representative said it would. I was popping my head out of the door looking for the attractive FedEx lady every 5 min like Glenn Quagmire and when I got the phone, I couldn't use it! Then I had to wait 30 min at VZW just to get one!

LAME!

Plus the insurance is $8.99/mo apparently since this is a "phablet", but they let me keep my grandfathered Asurion package which is a smidge over $5 /mo.
Identical experience here even with the Asurion!
__________________
Droid X and root. Not overclocked.
serpa4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #1275 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The City
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): DX
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I know this is the pre-order thread, BUT, I picked up the GN2 for my gf yesterday at BB. After seeing the promo that walmart was advertising I went back to BB and showed it to them. Walmart is giving a $100 eGiftCard upon purchase of any android phone.

So the Mobile Manager at BB was giving me a hard time, went as far as reading the fine print, finally he gave up and issued me a $150 BB gift card. The extra $50 is for taxes apparently? beats me. I took it and ran, lol.

So if anyone pourchased at BB, print this out Electronics: Cell Phones with Plans Search and bring it in. whether you get $100 or $150 is up to the Mobile Manager
blown-droid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #1276 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 152
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizoid View Post
Sorry got mine around noon. Just been busy all day to come in here. Just in case this helps anyone. I was able to add my mom to my family plan and get the GN2 for $300 instead of $700 on her new line. Then transfered phone to my line and I was able to keep my unlimited data and she kept her old phone which I only have to pay $10 a month for now.
I just returned my N2.
I had a long talk with V about switching the unlimited on my wife's razr max with my N2 which became 2gig after upgrading my DX

They said the only way I could do it was to return the phone, order a new one using the upgrade from another line (mother in-law) and activating the phone on my line when it comes. This way both my wife's Razr and my N2 will have unlimited.

Sounds counterproductive to return a perfectly good phone that they will have to sell as a referbished or exchange instead of just switching it up electronically...but in the end it's worth waiting a couple of more days to get my unlimited back.

After playing around with the N2 and seeing how great netflix looks on this phone, I'm sure that I'll need the unlimited!
Harplayr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #1277 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The South
Posts: 2,418
 
Device(s): S4, Note 2, +many others
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 166
Thanked 303 Times in 245 Posts
Send a message via AIM to syntrix
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown-droid View Post
I know this is the pre-order thread, BUT, I picked up the GN2 for my gf yesterday at BB. After seeing the promo that walmart was advertising I went back to BB and showed it to them. Walmart is giving a $100 eGiftCard upon purchase of any android phone.

So the Mobile Manager at BB was giving me a hard time, went as far as reading the fine print, finally he gave up and issued me a $150 BB gift card. The extra $50 is for taxes apparently? beats me. I took it and ran, lol.

So if anyone pourchased at BB, print this out Electronics: Cell Phones with Plans Search and bring it in. whether you get $100 or $150 is up to the Mobile Manager

Don't both sell for $100 higher than VZW? Or are you talking about a contract renewal over outright buying it?
syntrix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #1278 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The City
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): DX
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntrix View Post
Don't both sell for $100 higher than VZW? Or are you talking about a contract renewal over outright buying it?
the latter. sorry for the confusion
blown-droid is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blown-droid For This Useful Post:
syntrix (November 30th, 2012)
Old November 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #1279 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just got a killer deal at BB. They matched Amazon's AT&T N2 $179.99 price and then gave me an additional $50 off. I paid a little over $150 including taxes and I was out the door.
mrman8 is offline  
Last edited by mrman8; November 30th, 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #1280 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 77
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman8 View Post
I just got a killer deal at BB. They matched Amazon's AT&T N2 $179.99 price and then gave me an additional $50 off. I paid a little over $150 including taxes and I was out the door.
They were fine with the price matching even though it's different carriers?

So.......do you just walk up there and say "Hi, want to match their price for me?" Cause I wouldn't mind saving that kind of money.
roy5000x2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #1281 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy5000x2 View Post
They were fine with the price matching even though it's different carriers?

So.......do you just walk up there and say "Hi, want to match their price for me?" Cause I wouldn't mind saving that kind of money.
I think I was lucky. I actually went in asking them to match Radioshack's $279.99 price. The rep then said he knew of a better deal than that but he couldn't tell me about it. I then told him I knew Amazon had the AT&T version for $179.99. He said that that was the price for all of the versions. Then I said well let me get the Amazon price.
mrman8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #1282 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 123
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Wish I was able to get that lol paid 741.99 with tax for mine
2011mazdaspeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #1283 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 77
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman8 View Post
I think I was lucky. I actually went in asking them to match Radioshack's $279.99 price. The rep then said he knew of a better deal than that but he couldn't tell me about it. I then told him I knew Amazon had the AT&T version for $179.99. He said that that was the price for all of the versions. Then I said well let me get the Amazon price.
Ahhh I see. If only it was $179.99 for all versions hahaha
roy5000x2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.