Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree163Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #101 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

As I read,this it read to me as though it were something in the Sprint Community (public) forum post.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #102 (permalink)

Device(s): ASUS TF-101, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 & 3.
Carrier: Sprint

Add me to the list. Got mine this afternoon.
It has taken some time to get it set up, but it's been fun.
Faster WiFi and a good signel so far.

Lateck,
ScandaLeX likes this.
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:53 AM   #103 (permalink)

Device(s): Soon to be SGN2!
Carrier: Not Provided

Has anyone who already have this device used the best face feature for their camera yet? I wonder if that'll work flawlessly? anyone wanna demonstrate for the non devicers hahaha
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #104 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateck View Post
Add me to the list. Got mine this afternoon.
It has taken some time to get it set up, but it's been fun.
Faster WiFi and a good signel so far.

Lateck,
Congrats to you!!!!
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #105 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s):

Thanked 2,010 Times in 1,555 Posts

i think Earlymon said that there is no chip to do this.. but can someone test this to be sure.

Talk and Surf...
on Wifi, 3G, and 4G LTE.

i would think would work on Wifi...at least.

DropBox: register for free space (we both get 500MB extra space): http://db.tt/sWYVl3j6
Old October 29th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #106 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

Definitely would on WiFi. Haven't tried with 3G.
Old October 29th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #107 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
Definitely would on WiFi. Haven't tried with 3G.
Ughhh...can't edit in Tapatalk.

Meant to say definitely works on WiFi.
Old October 29th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #108 (permalink)

Device(s):

no, I *think* i want a note 2 but i'm halfway through a sprint contract and I don't know if I want to continue to be on Sprint. Anyone know how the Sprint contract penalty is prorated? I still have 3 phones literally halfway through their contract. Verizon and AT&T plans have always put me off. I have no idea how much more data we'd use than we do now on our family plan if we actually had a better cell network with higher data speeds that we could also use as hotspots for tablets! We usually cap out at around 6 GB a month now. I'm not worried about getting the cheapest family plan for 4 phones but I can't figure out what strings come attached with either Ver or ATT's plans. ATT seems better? Voice and data simultaneously but restrictions on certains apps like facetime? Anyone else go through this similar situation and have a strong recommendation? I'm in the burbs of philadelphia and Ver and ATT have good coverage, Sprint has no LTE and their 4G is spotty at best and doesn't cover my neighborhood so I've been paying for over a year for a service I don't get! Enough is enough.
Last edited by lucmac; October 29th, 2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old October 29th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #109 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucmac View Post
Anyone know how the Sprint contract penalty is prorated?
Learn about Early Termination Fee

Halfway through a contract (12 months), signed one year ago, it looks like it would cost $240 to get out of it.
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #110 (permalink)

Device(s):

Pioneer, thanks. That's $240 times 3! It ticks me off. They never developed their 4G in my neighborood and they still have no LTE in Philadelphia or its suburbs. What a crock! I therefore don't have faith I'll get LTE in my immediate area ever either. It's a tough call. Smartest thing is probably just to wait another year and drop them like a hot potato and if they surprise me by putting in LTE around here and not continue to nickel and dime us with more excuse fees then I could reconsider...I have just had enough of them and don't want to reward them anymore. Even at work where everyone with ATT and Ver has great coverage even deep into the guts of the building where I work, I can barely get decent Sprint coverage 15 feet away from the window facing towards I-95 and Philly where their tower is...
sponsored links
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #111 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
no, I *think* i want a note 2..... ATT seems better? Voice and data simultaneously but restrictions on certains apps like facetime?
That restriction would be a moot point since the Note 2 doesn't have FaceTime.
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #112 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2

Quote:
Pioneer, thanks. That's $240 times 3! It ticks me off. They never developed their 4G in my neighborood and they still have no LTE in Philadelphia or its suburbs. What a crock! I therefore don't have faith I'll get LTE in my immediate area ever either. It's a tough call. Smartest thing is probably just to wait another year and drop them like a hot potato and if they surprise me by putting in LTE around here and not continue to nickel and dime us with more excuse fees then I could reconsider...I have just had enough of them and don't want to reward them anymore. Even at work where everyone with ATT and Ver has great coverage even deep into the guts of the building where I work, I can barely get decent Sprint coverage 15 feet away from the window facing towards I-95 and Philly where their tower is...
No problem. I've been with Sprint since '98. When I got my Evo, i started to pay a "premium data" fee for a 4G phone. I was promised that WiMax would be in my area within a year. Well, here it is 2 years later. WiMax is dead, LTE is being deployed mostly in southern cities, and there is no timetable for the Detroit area to even be started.

It was bad enough when they cancelled Premier, but I just looked at my bill. Since my discount only lowers the primary line, and not the secondary one on my bill anymore, if I switch to Verizon and choose the 4 gig data bucket, my bill will only go up $10 a month. My wife and I together only use between 1 and 1.5 gig a month on our heaviest months. $10 a month for 4G service where I live and work, and better service where we vacation.

See ya later Sprint. The Note2 for me and the GS III for the wife on Verizon is my Christmas present to myself. Hopefully they have some sort of Holiday discount promotion on service fees. That would be the icing on the cake, but I am leaving Sprint no matter what.
Last edited by Pioneer74; October 29th, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #113 (permalink)

Device(s):

Scandalex, you could barely be more wrong! My other 3 phones are currently iPhones and I'm sure the wife and kids would continue to use iPhones on any other carrier as well. :-)

So I have to figure out if one of the carriers has found a way to nickel and dime against some Apple app or some similar situation. I have never paid attention to any details on any other carrier. We've been on Sprint since at least 98 or 99 but everyone we know who had them has left them so it feels like we're dinosaurs.
Last edited by lucmac; October 29th, 2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #114 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer74 View Post
No problem. I've been with Sprint since '98. When I got my Evo, i started to pay a "premium data" fee for a 4G phone. I was promised that WiMax would be in my area within a year. Well, here it is 2 years later. WiMax is dead, LTE is being deployed mostly in southern cities, and there is no timetable for the Detroit area to even be started.

It was bad enough when they cancelled Premier, but I just looked at my bill. Since my discount only lowers the primary line, and not the secondary one on my bill anymore, if I switch to Verizon and choose the 4 gig data bucket, my bill will only go up $10 a month. My wife and I together only use between 1 and 1.5 gig a month on our heaviest months. $10 a month for 4G service where I live and work, and better service where we vacation.

See ya later Sprint. The Note2 for me and the GS III for the wife on Verizon is my Christmas present to myself. Hopefully they have some sort of Holiday discount promotion on service fees. That would be the icing on the cake, but I am leaving Sprint no matter what.
Ha, we've had parallel paths and my wife is from West Bloomfield, MI. I got an HTC Evo two years ago and as of this month no longer on contract but the wife and kids got iPhones 4s a year ago so we have another year to go there. Yep, they dropped the premier from me and they dropped the company discount we used to have to half the phones like they sort of did to you too. So yeah, we're paying a lot more for 'less' so the "I can put with Sprint" mentality has finally gone bye bye. I'm pretty sure we get a company discount with ATT and Ver too which is probably as good as the Sprint one is now, if not better, so the motivation to stay is completely gone. Why get a note 2 on Sprint and pay their prices if you still are basically stuck on a 3G when not using WiFi? I've finally seen the light now that Sprint's dropped WiMax without putting in LTE around here. Crazy.
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #115 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Scandalex, you could barely be more wrong! My other 3 phones are currently iPhones and I'm sure the wife and kids would continue to use iPhones on any other carrier as well. :-)

So I have to figure out if one of the carriers has found a way to nickel and dime against some Apple app or some similar situation. I have never paid attention to any details on any other carrier. We've been on Sprint since at least 98 or 99 but everyone we know who had them has left them so it feels like we're dinosaurs.
I'm wrong? No phone other than wanting the Note 2 was mentioned in your post which is why I had not assumed the other phones were iPhones which is also why I said what I said regarding FaceTime.
Old October 30th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #116 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
lol Sorry about that, but don't feel bad. I still haven't bought mine. Might this afternoon if I get a chance.

As for multiview- that really pisses me off. Come on Samsung wth.
No Sim, no multiview and no screen recorder. Must xda do all the work for you. lol

TS
Are these disabilities for ALL USA versions or just specific carrier versions? i.e, Tmo has Sims vs Sprint's no SIM. And Tmo has (supposedly) latent LTE.

Given these differences from carrier to carrier, is it the same for Multi Window? Without these game-changer features, does this make the Note 2 simply a larger S3 (as the salesman at the Sprint store tried to tell me that it is)
Last edited by NowVoyager; October 30th, 2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old October 30th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #117 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5; Samsung Galaxy S5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowVoyager View Post
Are these disabilities for ALL USA versions or just specific carrier versions? i.e, Tmo has Sims vs Sprint's no SIM. And Tmo has (supposedly) latent LTE.

Given these differences from carrier to carrier, is it the same for Multi Window? Without these game-changer features, does this make the Note 2 simply a larger S3 (as the salesman at the Sprint store tried to tell me that it is)
Not at all! The S-Pen features and the screen size sell this phone.

Multi-windows is not on any US variant right now.
Old October 30th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #118 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default What's going to be different functionally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren857 View Post

What are the known phone function differences going to be between the different US carriers and between the US phone and the European market?

Why would any US phone not have multi-windows?

When I was testing the phone in the sprint store, I could not get it to do some of the things I had previously seen in the online demos but i had no idea if that was because I could not remember how to do some of the settings or if the phone was limitied as compared to the videos.
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren857 View Post

Thanks for responding Ren! I like the S-Pen features certainly. But I am disappointed that the multi-windows feature is missing. Some of the international versions didn't get this feature in the initial round of phones released but did receive multi-windows in the next issue of firmware.

It has been breathed that the GS3 will get multi-windows in Samsung's Android 4.1.2 version. I cannot believe that Sammy would give this feature to the S3 and not to the GN2 which first advertised it. So, the belief would be that when one device gets it, so will the other. I certainly hope so or there will be a rumble in the jungle, I'm sure.
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #120 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Thanked 2,869 Times in 1,944 Posts

Guess what guys. I bought an international version from daily steals and will be getting sprint version when it hits best buy in a couple weeks.
SoulSmilen and jonmwood like this.
sponsored links
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #121 (permalink)

Device(s): Note II
Carrier: Smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Guess what guys. I bought an international version from daily steals and will be getting sprint version when it hits best buy in a couple weeks.
Oooh I saw that too. But I'm getting the lte version in Singapore
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:34 AM   #122 (permalink)

Device(s):

Send a message via AIM to MaStA819

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
From what I read on slickdeals, dailydeals takes weeks to ship what you order...I wish you the best!
Old October 31st, 2012, 10:30 AM   #123 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by almath View Post
Was first at 9am, been setting my phone up how I like it! Didn't sign new contract paid $530. Got this stuff thrown in cause I'm special!!!!

$530? That's it? I've been to two Sprint Stores, neither had stock, and both were talking 699 and up. Then on top of that offered me $125 for my SGS3. Insults I tell you.

One thing Android will likely never be able to compete with Apple.

I refuse to sign another contract, so I'll either break down and buy one for some stupid amount, or find one on craigslist.
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:58 AM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post

I don't understand this statement. Apple has in the past enjoyed gr8 loyalty (Especially in the Steve Jobs era) and had a serious PR machine. But now, in the U.S. at least, there are more Androids in the hands of end-users than apple. Android Outsells Apple's IPhone in the U.S., Gartner Says - Bloomberg

And with the current crop of iFail (the meh 5 and the practically ignored mini) Android will wipe up the rest of the fail from the floor with GN2 (There are reports of defectors from apple to the GN2 who are posting about it online). Not to mention that the current shakeup over there makes one wonder how serious the fail is: Apple stock falls on exec shakeup, iPad mini reviews - Oct. 31, 2012

So, unless you're talking about the Apple brand of customer service or some such, I don't get your statement.
Last edited by NowVoyager; October 31st, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old October 31st, 2012, 12:09 PM   #125 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s):

Thanked 2,010 Times in 1,555 Posts

i think/guessing he was talking about resale of his SG3.. and compared to iphone resale.
Old October 31st, 2012, 12:41 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan330 View Post
i think/guessing he was talking about resale of his SG3.. and compared to iphone resale.
Ah! okay. Thanks dan. If that's the case, my apologies to heavychevy. I'm an Android faithful if I'm nothing else, lol.

I too, would like to see the resale value be true at the retail level on a trade-in myself. But generally people seem to get more value on Craigslist on a resale. And as far as his comment about insult...they are spot on with that too. It's enough to really tick you off.

I find Tmo's insistence (for example) upon charging more for the same phone than any other carrier to be insulting. The only way up and over that is to deal with their authorized dealers...which I absolutely do.

Example: Their "upgrade special offer" for existing customers is $430 plus a new 2yr contract! You get the "gift" of a $50 mail-in rebate with that lovely offer...It sux big time! And that fail falls squarely at Tmo's door. It's foolish. But they do it. I'd almost think that they are trying hard to make the place go under??? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

But places like wirefly and no doubt Costco will bring up the rear (as soon as they get stock) on the GN2, so that there will be more than one fair-priced vendor from which to choose. My only issue is having to deal with the "up sale" pressure tactics of the particular salesperson who helped me. When I say I don't want *anything* except the phone, don't keep hassling me about purchasing other things - *don't* keep trying to change my existing plan either! It was so excruciating that I requested to speak with a Supervisor...At which point the salesperson (finally) got the message and closed the deal with the phone as the only item in the sale. Grrrr. But I guess this is the trade-off for not having to pay Tmo an extra $150.01
Last edited by NowVoyager; October 31st, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old October 31st, 2012, 12:49 PM   #127 (permalink)

Device(s): Evo 4g Nexus S 4g Sprint Galaxy Nexus Lte Galaxy Note 2

Quote:
$530? That's it? I've been to two Sprint Stores, neither had stock, and both were talking 699 and up. Then on top of that offered me $125 for my SGS3. Insults I tell you.

I refuse to sign another contract, so I'll either break down and buy one for some stupid amount, or find one on craigslist.
I truly believe it's all about who you get waiting on you. Some know how to help and some just want to ring you up and get you out. I of course said since I'm your first customer give me whatever the computer will let you give me for a good price, because he said let me reset my computer. I said whatever deal I get blame the computer and he agreed!
NowVoyager likes this.
Old October 31st, 2012, 12:53 PM   #128 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
From what I read on slickdeals, dailydeals takes weeks to ship what you order...I wish you the best!
I've purchased a lot from them. It really just depends on what it is. Doesn't even matter if it takes some time, just because it's only going to be used as a phone when I travel internationally. Other than that, it's going to be my dedicated media player, so not a big deal if it doesn't get here that quickly.
Old October 31st, 2012, 12:57 PM   #129 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Google Nexus 7

Default Instead of contract...

Quote:
Was first at 9am, been setting my phone up how I like it! Didn't sign new contract paid $530. Got this stuff thrown in cause I'm special!!!!
Almath, are you just going to use the Note 2 via WiFi?

Or, are you going to use it tethered to another device's data connection when you need a data connection and there's no free WiFi?
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:15 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareLuce View Post
Almath, are you just going to use the Note 2 via WiFi?

Or, are you going to use it tethered to another device's data connection when you need a data connection and there's no free WiFi?
I have free wifi at work so no problem there, my Note 2 is my main and only device I use for everything now. This is the perfect business/personal tool. I have great 3g at my home so I've never been concerned about slow speeds it's just fine. I'm very pleased with this little machine!
NowVoyager and ScandaLeX like this.
sponsored links
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:34 PM   #131 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
I have free wifi at work so no problem there, my Note 2 is my main and only device I use for everything now. This is the perfect business/personal tool. I have great 3g at my home so I've never been concerned about slow speeds it's just fine. I'm very pleased with this little machine!
I've been keeping a close eye over at S4GRU on anything related to LTE in Philadelphia. 3G is a such a crying shame that WiFi is a must. LTE can't b come far enough.
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:35 PM   #132 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
I've been keeping a close eye over at S4GRU on anything related to LTE in Philadelphia. 3G is a such a crying shame that WiFi is a must. LTE can't b come far enough.
Can't come fast enough.
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:45 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
I totally agree, I'm so glad I don't have terrible 3g or I would be upset like most and rightfully so but I'm also waiting on LTE to see this amazing difference!
ScandaLeX likes this.
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:52 PM   #134 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Can you PM the name and location of your store. These stores around here are robbers. I'm not paying near 700 when I can pay near 500 for the same phone.

Quote:
Can't come fast enough.
I frankly do not care for LTE. It's a complete battery hog, I not sure of the Note 2 can, but the SGS 3 cannot switch LTE on without a reboot. Im talking about 60-70% of battery life with LTE on.

To be honest, I'd prefer the slower speeds, better battery life, and ease of use of Wimax. It was plenty fast enough. Actually T-mobile may have it the best.
Old October 31st, 2012, 03:18 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
I have great 3g at my home so I've never been concerned about slow speeds it's just fine.
How do you connect your device up to sprint's 3G without a contract?

Thanks for answering my basic questions - I'm curious how people who take the Buy-The-Device outright at $5xx-$6xx price still get online and still make everything cost-efficient.
Old October 31st, 2012, 03:39 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
How do you connect your device up to sprint's 3G without a contract?

Thanks for answering my basic questions - I'm curious how people who take the Buy-The-Device outright at $5xx-$6xx price still get online and still make everything cost-efficient.
I already have a contact with Sprint, I didn't renew for 2 more years at the $299 price which I could've paid the balance off and got it for that price but I didn't wanna. You buy the phone and activate it under your current contract.
Now buying outright is a choice, and with a little numbers crunching, wheeling dealing and research you can make just about anything happen. Everyone has a different experience with phone shopping it's about how much knowledge you're willing to get.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almath For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (October 31st, 2012), ScandaLeX (October 31st, 2012)
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:42 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
I already have a contact with Sprint, I didn't renew for 2 more years at the $299 price which I could've paid the balance off and got it for that price but I didn't wanna. You buy the phone and activate it under your current contract.
So... this means you are probably going to switch from Sprint w/in 2 years?
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:02 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
So... this means you are probably going to switch from Sprint w/in 2 years?
No, but if I do it'll be easier if I don't have to pay a small fortune to buyout my contract, or I might who's to say!
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:15 PM   #139 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
.....I frankly do not care for LTE. It's a complete battery hog, I not sure of the Note 2 can, but the SGS 3 cannot switch LTE on without a reboot. Im talking about 60-70% of battery life with LTE on.

To be honest, I'd prefer the slower speeds, better battery life, and ease of use of Wimax. It was plenty fast enough. Actually T-mobile may have it the best.
Well, it's my understanding current 3G is abysmal due to Sprints Network Vision. Once that's complete everything should be smooth sailing; in the meantime I am not able to use my phone in my own home unless I am connected to wifi.

Switch to mobile and I have absolutely no connection to anything. If LTE is supposed to be the beast everyone says it is; then bring it on. If it ends up being a battery hog and I have to absolutely grab a spare battery, I'm good with that.
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:25 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, it's my understanding current 3G is abysmal due to Sprints Network Vision. Once that's complete everything should be smooth sailing; in the meantime I am not able to use my phone in my own home unless I am connected to wifi.

Switch to mobile and I have absolutely no connection to anything. If LTE is supposed to be the beast everyone says it is; then bring it on. If it ends up being a battery hog and I have to absolutely grab a spare battery, I'm good with that.
I have an iffy connection that varies from room to room. Add to that, my home sits between 3 towers and it gets ugly real fast. Tmo offered me a boost when they were running their BETA but, I don't have a landline anymore and that was the prerequisite to enter the program.

Since the Tmo version of GN2 has latent LTE I am hoping that the Tmo LTE system is rolled out sooner than later, and activated in our phones so that I can see some relief. Congrats to all who have their new GN2's in hand!
ScandaLeX likes this.
Last edited by NowVoyager; October 31st, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
sponsored links
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:36 PM   #141 (permalink)
AF Addict

I wonder how the impact of Hurricane Sandy will play into shipment of the Note 2's.

I just got an email that my International version from Daily Steals is delayed and I'm sure there are other companies that are in a similar situation.
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:43 PM   #142 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

My 3g isn't blazing fast, but it's not dial up speeds either. I can usually get pretty good service (I'm in an LTE area though). I have to have an AirRave at home to use my phone effectively and Sprint provides one for me.

The fastest Sprint LTE I've gotten is like 12-14 Mbps down, which is only slightly faster than the 10 I was getting on Wimax. For a phone IMO that is fast enough if I can switch it on and off easily and it uses less battery.

My LTE is off.
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:11 PM   #143 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, LG G3, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
My 3g isn't blazing fast, but it's not dial up speeds either. I can usually get pretty good service (I'm in an LTE area though). I have to have an AirRave at home to use my phone effectively and Sprint provides one for me.

The fastest Sprint LTE I've gotten is like 12-14 Mbps down, which is only slightly faster than the 10 I was getting on Wimax. For a phone IMO that is fast enough if I can switch it on and off easily and it uses less battery.

My LTE is off.
I'm not sure if it works for the Sprint gs3, but for the Verizon version you can just download an app called phone info to easily switch lte on and off without restarting.
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:23 PM   #144 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:

My LTE is off.
Had an AirRave; sent it back. Sprint neglected to inform it jams the signal of anyone not on their network. As soon as I unplugged it, everyone else's phone began to work again. Me having some semblance of 3G wasn't worth everyone else having no service at all.
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:09 AM   #145 (permalink)

Device(s): Sprints Galaxy Note 2 Titanium Grey

I picked up my note 2 at a sprint store on the 30th Oct. Got the titanium grey, bought a 64 gb sandisk from amazon. Most of the sprint stores here in phoenix arizona are just now getting there shipments in. I orginally want to get from best buy,, but there clueless about when they will start selling them especially the color I got. Now if I can just figure out why samsungs Kies 2.5 version will not install on my windows vista pc. Will look for that thread here.
happy note 2 owner.
also waiting for otterbox case for it???
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:07 AM   #146 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

Congrats Tony!!!
Old November 1st, 2012, 08:08 AM   #147 (permalink)

My son came home with his new GN2 last night. Boy, is it GORGEOUS!!!
I told him to get out and that I wasn't speaking to him, LOL!!!
He got Sprint's Titanium Grey. It's sleek and light as a feather. The GN2 is simply beautiful.

Mine is shipping and I got Marble White. I am jealous of course, lol but don't tell the kid! ROTFLOL
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #148 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

He came home with one.....bless his heart!!!!! That means you raised him right. LOL!!!
NowVoyager likes this.
Old November 5th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #149 (permalink)
AF's janitor

Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV

Thanked 4,688 Times in 1,753 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com

Got the call that my 2 Notes came in. But can't get them since I am 6000 miles away in Hawaii. Lol

TS
NowVoyager and drexappeal like this.
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

Google + and twitter user.
Click below for image/list of devices...

The Following User Says Thank You to twospirits For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (November 5th, 2012)
Old November 5th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #150 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
Got the call that my 2 Notes came in. But can't get them since I am 6000 miles away in Hawaii. Lol

TS
That has to be one of the most torturous vacations ever, TS! I'd probably even ask them to ship them to me in Hawaii...hahaha.
ScandaLeX likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2