Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Like Tree48Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #51 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

As I read your original response it came off to me like you were angry so thank you for clearing that up.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #52 (permalink)

Device(s): Rooted Epic running Syndicate or Bonsai, 16gb Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
As I read your original response it came off to me like you were angry so thank you for clearing that up.
yeah, I have a habit of just being quick and pointed. Easy to come off that way at times.

As I mentioned, both note widgets show up in 3rd party launchers, and you can still double tap to create a new note as well. I haven't poked around a lot of threads, but what functionality are people missing when not using the TW launcher?
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #53 (permalink)

Device(s):

check the links above, I was thinking it had to do with some of the other functionality. If you have a Note 2 be our guinea pig and test it out!
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #54 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiePal View Post
check the links above, I was thinking it had to do with some of the other functionality. If you have a Note 2 be our guinea pig and test it out!
Wish I could be of help. Yes, I have a Note 2 but have no desire to start playing with launchers.....just sounds way too time consuming and I'm enjoying doing nothing.
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #55 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Wish I could be of help. Yes, I have a Note 2 but have no desire to start playing with launchers.....just sounds way too time consuming and I'm enjoying doing nothing.
I say go for it! You just UNINSTALL the launcher app when you're done...and everything goes back to the stock. You lose no settings etc.
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #56 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II, Xoom WiFi
Carrier: Magenta

I had several launchers on my Galaxy Nexus, but when I began moving apps over to the Note II, I cleaned house. Nova is the only one that made the cut.

As soon as it was installed, I switched to it to see if I'd lose any functionality. The easiest check was to simply remove the sPen. Yep- the sPen menus no longer come up upon removal of the pen. I went right back to TouchWiz.

I may play with it more at some point, but I haven't even had time to get rid of some of the tackier parts of the out-of-the-box functionality yet. Ultimately, I'd like to see a Nova add-on that re-enables the contextual sPen menus, because I do much prefer the simplicity of Nova over TouchWiz.
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #57 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM10984 View Post
I had several launchers on my Galaxy Nexus, but when I began moving apps over to the Note II, I cleaned house. Nova is the only one that made the cut.

As soon as it was installed, I switched to it to see if I'd lose any functionality. The easiest check was to simply remove the sPen. Yep- the sPen menus no longer come up upon removal of the pen. I went right back to TouchWiz.

I may play with it more at some point, but I haven't even had time to get rid of some of the tackier parts of the out-of-the-box functionality yet. Ultimately, I'd like to see a Nova add-on that re-enables the contextual sPen menus, because I do much prefer the simplicity of Nova over TouchWiz.
This is what I was afraid of. The only thing I really want different in touchwiz is that weird app drawer...I want the button back in the middle not the bottom right. Too bad they don't let you customize that.
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #58 (permalink)

The pen menu does not pop up on 3rd party launchers. Confirmed in Holo, Apex and Nova. I'm rooted and running a custom ROM so I don't have Airview or half the other bloatware on the phone anymore. I can still double tap to bring up a new note. The Note widget still works, though I don't get the purpose of the page widget of it. What other features are we talking about?
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #59 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
The pen menu does not pop up on 3rd party launchers. Confirmed in Holo, Apex and Nova. I'm rooted and running a custom ROM so I don't have Airview or half the other bloatware on the phone anymore. I can still double tap to bring up a new note. The Note widget still works, though I don't get the purpose of the page widget of it. What other features are we talking about?
I'd like to know as well.

I actually didn't really like the fact that the pen menu pops-up when you remove the s-pen, so that won't be a deal breaker for me. I'm more curious of what other features people are losing. Of all the s-pen features that would be most important to me, it'd be hover view and preview email. As long as those work, I don't mind losing the pop-up s-pen menu.
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #60 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I'd like to know as well.

I actually didn't really like the fact that the pen menu pops-up when you remove the s-pen, so that won't be a deal breaker for me. I'm more curious of what other features people are losing. Of all the s-pen features that would be most important to me, it'd be hover view and preview email. As long as those work, I don't mind losing the pop-up s-pen menu.
From what I understand you can disable the pen notify in settings. Also hover view only works in the default Samsung Email app, not the stock Gmail one too I think.
sponsored links
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #61 (permalink)

Drex...you're describing specific app functionality. This is strictly related to functionality based off of the touch wiz launcher. I could care less about a menu opening every time I remove the stylus. That would be annoying to me.

And I'm pretty sure the hover/preview thing would have to be coded into apps to work, so unless Samsung had a hand in the gmail app, I would doubt it works there. On the plus side, you'll probably see more apps having s-pen features as it catches on and devs can set their apps apart from others and provide more functionality.

Personally I'd love to see the ability to embed signatures in Docs to Go. I think now I have to save a doc as a pdf and then annotate the sig on the pdf and save.
drexappeal likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to dbpaddler For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (November 5th, 2012)
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #62 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
Drex...you're describing specific app functionality. This is strictly related to functionality based off of the touch wiz launcher. I could care less about a menu opening every time I remove the stylus. That would be annoying to me.

And I'm pretty sure the hover/preview thing would have to be coded into apps to work, so unless Samsung had a hand in the gmail app, I would doubt it works there. On the plus side, you'll probably see more apps having s-pen features as it catches on and devs can set their apps apart from others and provide more functionality.

Personally I'd love to see the ability to embed signatures in Docs to Go. I think now I have to save a doc as a pdf and then annotate the sig on the pdf and save.
Thanks, db. I guess that means I won't lose anything that's important to me, if I install a launcher, which is good news for me.
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #63 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II, Xoom WiFi
Carrier: Magenta

Quote:

Yes!

... or anywhere, really. I'd like to be able to type a response in gMail and then sign it using the sPen before sending. I realize we're on the forefront of stylus functionality with this phone and that the best is yet to come.
ScandaLeX likes this.
Old November 8th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #64 (permalink)

Device(s): ASUS Google Nexus 7

Quote:
Not to take this excellent thread off-topic, but what carrier are you with? AT&T? Is your phone LTE?

Mine is with Rogers in Canada and is an LTE phone and I believe it is the same as the AT&T version. I'm interested in knowing what custom ROM you have on yours as I also would love to get rid of most of the bloatware on my device.
Old November 8th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #65 (permalink)

Device(s):

So, as I am getting my Note II tomorrow (from AT&T) and have the Nova launcher...

Can someone recap the things I will lose with S-Pen by keeping the Nova Launcher?

Are the things I am going to lose a big deal?

I need to figure out if I should still keep the launcher or not.

Thanks in advance
Old November 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
Not to take this excellent thread off-topic, but what carrier are you with? AT&T? Is your phone LTE?

Mine is with Rogers in Canada and is an LTE phone and I believe it is the same as the AT&T version. I'm interested in knowing what custom ROM you have on yours as I also would love to get rid of most of the bloatware on my device.
I'm on Sprint, sorry. But you can start off here.
, Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V2.0 GSM Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, EFS, Flash Stock Image.
Old November 8th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #67 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default best launcher: CLAYSTONE 2.0

Try it out, you still get your regular launcher, at the same time! Just hit the home button and it switches between the two.
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #68 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablotech1 View Post
Try it out, you still get your regular launcher, at the same time! Just hit the home button and it switches between the two.

Um, you can do that with any of the launchers using Homesmack. In fact, if you don't set a launcher as your default and pressed home, it'd still give you the option to switch back to OEM TouchWiz.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.homesmack&feature=nav_r esult#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS50ZXNsYWNvaWxzdy5ob 21lc21hY2siXQ..
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #69 (permalink)

Device(s):

There's an app like HomeScreen switcher too if you want to try out multiples. And if you DO set one as a default, simply go into app settings, and just erase the preferences etc.
Old November 9th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #70 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Arrow I'm behind on this ...

Hello All,

I'm a little lost in this thread. What do you all mean by changing the "launcher" ? I've never owned an Android phone (waiting for Verizon to ship my preordered GN2) so I'm unfamiliar with this term. Here's a brief list of questions:

1. What is the launcher? (What does it do, how do you recognize it)?
2. What are the advantages/disadvantages to going to different launchers?
3. Has anyone used different ones with the GN2 and has had a positive experience in comparison to performance of the "stock" launcher?

Thank you! I appreciate everyone's help with this, as I'm very excited to learn!
sponsored links
Old November 9th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderleaf View Post
Hello All,

I'm a little lost in this thread. What do you all mean by changing the "launcher" ? I've never owned an Android phone (waiting for Verizon to ship my preordered GN2) so I'm unfamiliar with this term. Here's a brief list of questions:

1. What is the launcher? (What does it do, how do you recognize it)?
2. What are the advantages/disadvantages to going to different launchers?
3. Has anyone used different ones with the GN2 and has had a positive experience in comparison to performance of the "stock" launcher?

Thank you! I appreciate everyone's help with this, as I'm very excited to learn!
The launcher is basically home base. Your home screens and the app launcher. The stock one falls under Samsung's UI called Touchwiz. Hence you'll hear TW launcher all the time. It adds a few widgets that are only available for that launcher as well as a couple S-pen niceties like the menu popping up when you remove the pen as well as the separation notification if you leave your stylus behind.

Third parties in the Play store make replacement launchers that have addded functionality. The one main feature is the app dock. Where the TW launcher just has the four icons at the bottom, launchers like Holo, Novo, Go and Apex have a sliding dock that allows you to flip through multiple screens of apps along that dock area. Each brings a little something else to the table.
Northstar01 and Chasoscar like this.
raiderleaf (November 9th, 2012)
Old November 9th, 2012, 05:38 AM   #72 (permalink)

Device(s):

Can someone recap the things I will lose with S-Pen by keeping the Nova Launcher?
Old November 9th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #73 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
The launcher is basically home base. Your home screens and the app launcher. The stock one falls under Samsung's UI called Touchwiz. Hence you'll hear TW launcher all the time. It adds a few widgets that are only available for that launcher as well as a couple S-pen niceties like the menu popping up when you remove the pen as well as the separation notification if you leave your stylus behind.

Third parties in the Play store make replacement launchers that have addded functionality. The one main feature is the app dock. Where the TW launcher just has the four icons at the bottom, launchers like Holo, Novo, Go and Apex have a sliding dock that allows you to flip through multiple screens of apps along that dock area. Each brings a little something else to the table.
1. So is there any other launcher that at least retains or boosts S-Pen function?

2. Does one need to ROOT their device first do install a new "launcher"? I know that in BlackBerry world, what you're describing sounds like what we called "themes" which changed everything about our homescreen (number of icons displayed, symbol changes for those icons, way screens transitioned from one to another, etc). In BB World, there's no Rooting required but I figured I'd ask since I'm an Android n00b.
Old November 9th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #74 (permalink)

Device(s):

Most launchers do not require root to install. Nova, GoLoauncher, Launcher Pro etc you just install them and the next time you hit the home button it will ask you which one you wan't to use-default Android or the newly installed. You can choose for it to remember this decision and just use that one from now on.

Now there are SOME features of launchers that you may not be able to use unless you root your phone. Some people prefer to have a "stock" Android experience. This is similar to what you'd have on the original Droid, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and now the Nexus 4. It's Android without any customizations and skins. Basically if you took Motorola's MotoBlur, HTC's Sense UI, Samsung's Touchwiz out of the equation and left the phone a standard Ice Cream Sandwich or Jellybean phone.

When you are rooted you can flash a ROM that is either it's own crazy skin, (Cynaogen etc) or is AOSP (Android Open Source Program) which is basically a stock ROM for THAT particular phone. Consider AOSP = vanilla.

A "stock" ROM for the Note 2 would be something that has Touchwiz components enabled and working, but removes all other bloat. Now these ROMs can have their own launchers built in and usually have many features Android OS is just catching up to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PetiePal For This Useful Post:
PappaDuck (November 21st, 2012), raiderleaf (November 9th, 2012)
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #75 (permalink)
Often Off Piste

Device(s): Galaxy Note2 Int. GT-N7100 rooted twrp,Galaxy S3mini,Desire GSM Rooted 4EXT, HTCwildfireS
Carrier: Free mobile (France)

Thanked 1,143 Times in 967 Posts

Hi all

With my new GN2 Holo HD launcher is great. Folders and 1x1 widgets in the scrolling dock! I have not lost any of the S-pen etc built in features. Touchwiz is no where near as good! Try it,its free and you can revert.

Roger
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #76 (permalink)

Device(s):

I used ADW Launcher in my Note 1, and now in Note 2. In the original Note, I found it to be smoother and better in performance compared to Go Launcher Ex. The good thing when using it in Note 2 is that you can still use the Stock TW Widgets for this launcher.
Old November 12th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #77 (permalink)
AF Addict

I didn't think I'd be too overwhelmed setting this phone up, but between all of the settings for my accounts, coupled with the added Note 2 settings, and capping it off with Jelly Bean layout...I've been so overwhelmed and overjoyed both using the phone AND Jelly Bean that I haven't even loaded up my apps...LOL. This thing is amazing (and I need to start reviewing all of the tutorials). It may be some time until I give Nova or Holo HD a spin.
Old November 12th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #78 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

It's been 2 weeks and I still haven't customized. Just don't see the need right now.
drexappeal likes this.
Old November 12th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #79 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Titanium Gray 16GB 64GB Sandisk Class 10 micro sd Otterbox Commuter Black

Default Get nova even if you don't want it now! I landscape home screen mode!!

Everybody needs nova launcher. It doesn't have a huge effect on battery life, great customisation with custom grids and all. It's perfect and looks much better that touch wiz with the standard jelly bean icons.

It's so worth the effort and it has the option to just copy the arrangement of the layout you have on touch wiz.

Most importantly though it has an auto rotate mode! So there's a landscape mode on the home screen! Makes a huge difference! I

Glad I stumbled across it. And I thought touch wiz didn't suck like everybody said! I :P
Old November 12th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #80 (permalink)

Holo HD does all that as well.
sponsored links
Old November 12th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #81 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Titanium Gray 16GB 64GB Sandisk Class 10 micro sd Otterbox Commuter Black

Quote:
Holo HD does all that as well.
And it doesn't look nowhere near as good as Nova. Nova is also much more stable + really well supported with regular updates.
Old November 12th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #82 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
It's been 2 weeks and I still haven't customized. Just don't see the need right now.
It's actually really important to me, just to see how the phone acts with all my 200+ apps and regular functions that I've done with my MoPho.

I've also been itching to try Nova. Does anybody know if Holo HD allows for the app drawer to add folders or is it tabs like Apex? I prefer folders, so just wondering, for those that have tried them all out and know.
Old November 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #83 (permalink)

Holo has tabs in the app drawer. The default ones are apps and widgets.
drexappeal (November 12th, 2012)
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #84 (permalink)

I had holo + apex. Apex kept on freezing and crashing. Holo also froze from time to time when scrolling through the home screen pages. Then I was just about to give up on these launchers until I found Nova which hasn't crashed or lagged for me.

Just giving my opinion since this thread is about the Best launcher for the Note 2.
Last edited by EarlyMon; November 12th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old November 12th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #85 (permalink)

And you just stated your opinion like that's how Holo is in general. How does it not look nearly as good? I copy my launcher info over from Holo HD to Nova and it looks identical outside of minor design changes like how the tabs look. They share many of the same features and options, and it is updated and supported having been updated more recently than Nova. Between the two versions it's approaching a million downloads with similar 4+ star reviews.

But anyway, quick question. Were you using Holo or Holo HD? Not everyone knows there's two versions, and HD should be the one used for the Note.

Devs seem to throw Apex on their ROMS. If I didn't pay for Holo already, I'd be happy with either Nova or Holo. They seem to be the class of the launchers. I think Go is a bit heavy of an app. I haven't paid attention to ADW in a long while. I'm just surprised TW hasn't added a sliding dock by now since it's popular on quite a few launchers.
Last edited by EarlyMon; November 12th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old November 12th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #86 (permalink)
The PearlyMon

Device(s): M8, LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift - Evo retired

Thanked 57,186 Times in 22,978 Posts

Thread cleaned, no need for what I just deleted.

Don't want to do it again, thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
dbpaddler (November 13th, 2012), lunatic59 (November 13th, 2012), scary alien (November 13th, 2012)
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #87 (permalink)

Device(s):

For a minimalistic design, I'm using Launcher7. 1"x1" icons with any hd image you can find online, looks great. The other launcher I use a lot is Go Launcher Ex. Just make sure you go on YouTube and follow the 3D tutorial from Cold Fustion. It looks amazing, best looking UI I've ever seen.
reburner likes this.
Old November 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #88 (permalink)
AF Addict

Using NOVA right now. Seems like it'll suit my needs. Haven't fully set everything up yet, but once I do, I'll post up my thoughts on here. So far, seems fairly basic. I didn't lose any of the things through TouchWiz that I use. If I'm able to configure it the way I want, NOVA will likely be my launcher of choice...BUT, I'm still open to the others, so for those that want to make an argument for other launchers, here are the things that are most important for me:

Quote:
1-scrollable dock
2-at least 9 homescreens
3-ability to create folders in the app drawer (NOVA Prime says I can do both, which I really like)
4-ability to rotate portrait/landscape on the homescreens
5-Transparent background in app drawer, transparent background on dock

Bonus function, but not a deal breaker
- Multiple animations for transitions on homescreens and in app drawer (Go Launcher EX was awesome with this, but I did experience it being a battery hog, much like many had mentioned about it before).
So, if anybody can make a case that either APEX or HOLO HD are better than NOVA on any of these points, please chime in.
Old November 13th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #89 (permalink)

Check on all including the bonuses for Holo HD. Holo has 8 or 9 animations for desktop scrolling and has quite a few animation options for the app drawer as well. To my knowledge, the app drawers on both nova and Holo HD are actually tabs, not folders. Both also offer drag and drop folder creation on the home screen. And I haven't ried it in Nova, but you can do 1x1 widgets in the dock which is pretty cool.
drexappeal likes this.
drexappeal (November 13th, 2012)
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #90 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
For a minimalistic design, I'm using Launcher7. 1"x1" icons with any hd image you can find online, looks great. The other launcher I use a lot is Go Launcher Ex. Just make sure you go on YouTube and follow the 3D tutorial from Cold Fustion. It looks amazing, best looking UI I've ever seen.
Amazing it is but many of the comments show people are having a lot of issues and Cold doesn't reply fast enough; if at all, to help people when they run into a brick wall.
I REALLY wanted to do this to my phone; THATS what I call customizing but the comments have made me wait it out. If he ever responds back to the problem posts with solutions I'll give it a try.
sponsored links
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #91 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Check on all including the bonuses for Holo HD. Holo has 8 or 9 animations for desktop scrolling and has quite a few animation options for the app drawer as well. To my knowledge, the app drawers on both nova and Holo HD are actually tabs, not folders. Both also offer drag and drop folder creation on the home screen. And I haven't ried it in Nova, but you can do 1x1 widgets in the dock which is pretty cool.
According to the description in the settings, Nova Prime allows both folders and tabs (but haven't bought prime yet, to test it out). That's a huge plus for me. The thing that drew me towards NOVA the most was due to it being the same developer team that created Widgetlocker (which I love), and TeslaLED (which I've been very fond of, as a very simple flashlight app). Didn't even realize you could do 1X1 widgets on the dock in NOVA...that's a plus also, but trying to figure out which apps I'd actually do that with.

The animations aren't as important to me, but from what you're saying, it does seem like the XDA guys that developed it, really have gone to work on adding more animations. What I might do is actually stick with NOVA for my primary phone and test out HOLO on my other Note 2, which I'll be rooting for sure (still undecided on rooting my dedicated phone).

I saw you mention APEX typically is the launcher that devs throw on their ROM's, so that intrigues me enough to try that on my other Note 2 as well. That phone is going to be more of my "test" phone, than my dedicated Sprint phone.
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #92 (permalink)

Honestly, looking at all three of those, it's almost a pick em. Was just reading the Apex description, and they all seem to read similar for the most part.

Since half the fun is playing, I'd start with Apex or HHD. Then try Nova 2nd since they have the import feature. Saves setup time. The 1x1 widgets in the dock seems to be a paid feature in all of them.

The configurable drawer doesn't matter much to me. I'd rather just create folder categories on the home screen, be it more dock folders or one home screen section with four or five folders along the bottom row.
drexappeal likes this.
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #93 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Amazing it is but many of the comments show people are having a lot of issues and Cold doesn't reply fast enough; if at all, to help people when they run into a brick wall.
I REALLY wanted to do this to my phone; THATS what I call customizing but the comments have made me wait it out. If he ever responds back to the problem posts with solutions I'll give it a try.
I haven't had any issues with Cold Fustion's 3D tutorial, it was very simple.
But I'm only using the basic setup of Go Launcher and the Live Wallpaper. Everything else I customized myself to suit my needs. The basics of the 3D UI are in the first half of the video.

I wish I could post screenshots of my phone, is there any way to post pics from the phone directly to this forum?
ScandaLeX likes this.
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #94 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

I wanted to do Cold's entire setup. I'm curious if the same can be done using a different launcher. Go would crash to much for me so I gave up on it when I started using Apex and Nova.

Looking forward to your screen shots.
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #95 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5; Samsung Galaxy S5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:

I wish I could post screenshots of my phone, is there any way to post pics from the phone directly to this forum?

You can using the Tapatalk app, but it's a paid app.
The Following User Says Thank You to ren857 For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (November 14th, 2012)
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #96 (permalink)
The PearlyMon

Device(s): M8, LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift - Evo retired

Thanked 57,186 Times in 22,978 Posts

You can also post directly using Boat Browser.

But Tapatalk is far easier.
Old November 14th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #97 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T)
Carrier: Straight Talk (via AT&T)

I currently am using Apex, which I'm finding perfectly useful. I don't believe that TouchWiz supports a 5x6 layout grid, does it? That was my primary reason for switching. That and the backup/restore homescreen feature.

As far as S-Pen functionality, I still get the notification when the S-Pen is removed and S-Note automatically pops up upon removal. I don't get the Pen apps menu, but then again I never used it so I don't miss it...
Old November 14th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkSDA View Post
I currently am using Apex, which I'm finding perfectly useful. I don't believe that TouchWiz supports a 5x6 layout grid, does it? That was my primary reason for switching. That and the backup/restore homescreen feature.

As far as S-Pen functionality, I still get the notification when the S-Pen is removed and S-Note automatically pops up upon removal. I don't get the Pen apps menu, but then again I never used it so I don't miss it...
Custom roms support a 5x6 TW launcher.
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #99 (permalink)

Device(s): Note2
Carrier: O2

Quote:
I'm a new user after years of Iphones and have just set up my phone as per Cold Fustions tutorial. I didn't even know what a launcher was before I read this thread.

I already got lots of oohs and aahs when people saw my phone and now it's even better.
ScandaLeX and pablotech1 like this.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #100 (permalink)
Often Off Piste

Device(s): Galaxy Note2 Int. GT-N7100 rooted twrp,Galaxy S3mini,Desire GSM Rooted 4EXT, HTCwildfireS
Carrier: Free mobile (France)

Thanked 1,143 Times in 967 Posts

+1 for Holo Launcher HD. All the S-pen stuff still works - can't see any downside to it and the sliding dock with folders in it (or 1x1 widgets - so you can have a clock showing the time, or a screen off widget in your sliding dock!) is great.

Roger

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2