Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Like Tree190Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #351 (permalink)

Device(s): LG Ally, Droid X, HTC Rezound, LG Spectrum, Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
Do you mind how much was it to buy that 3-pack and for install? Also, any weird rainbow/swirling effects under the fluorescent lights? So far that's a problem I'm having with my cheapo ebay screens - weird effects under fluorescent lights. It's not a problem to get Spigen ($8 a screen, and i know it works 100%), but I'm kind of on a mission to find a cheaper alternative that works lol!!! Ebay sellers use different suppliers. I had good luck with my previous DX, and other phones/tablets I installed ebay stuff on. For N2, I'm having a problem find a cheap alternative.
$12.99 for the 3 pack. I can't even tell it's on there to be honest. The only way you can tell is by the edges. No rainbows, bubbles or anything. It looks like glass. I have fluorescent lights in my kitchen and there's no rainbow in there either.

The Verizon guys will put them on for free. They use canned air to make sure there isn't anything lint or anything on the screen. I bought some for my daughter's phone and they said I could bring her phone in and they would put it on. I did and they did. Finally my daughter isn't complaining about her scresn protector.
chasers and ScandaLeX like this.

Advertisements
Last edited by Corki2; January 6th, 2013 at 08:09 PM.
sponsored links
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #352 (permalink)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corki2 View Post
$12.99 for the 3 pack. I can't even tell it's on there to be honest. The only way you can tell is by the edges. No rainbows, bubbles or anything. It looks like glass. I have fluorescent lights in my kitchen and there's no rainbow in there either.

The Verizon guys will put them on for free. They use canned air to make sure there isn't anything lint or anything on the screen. I bought some for my daughter's phone and they said I could bring her phone in and they would put it on. I did and they did. Finally my daughter isn't complaining about her scresn protector.
Hmm, good to know! I wonder if you can bring your own screen protector (like Spigen) and pay them to install it for you. Btw, thanks for that xda-forum link - good read!
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #353 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmm, good to know! I wonder if you can bring your own screen protector (like Spigen) and pay them to install it for you. Btw, thanks for that xda-forum link - good read!
They might. Can't hurt to ask. They might even do it for free. They do a cool thing with scotch tape. If any lint gets between the protector and the screen, they lift the screen protector and grab the lint with scotch tape. I saw a thread about that technique ages ago on some forum somewhere and thought it was funny that the pro's use the same technique.
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #354 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GN2, previously, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Great link! Now - if I can just find the white on white that you have. The link you posted earlier just takes me to eBay, but not a specific case.
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #355 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
Great link! Now - if I can just find the white on white that you have. The link you posted earlier just takes me to eBay, but not a specific case.
Try this link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-RUGGED-CASE-BELT-CLIP-HOLSTER-KICKSTAND-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-NOTE-2-II-/110973691923
The Following User Says Thank You to Corki2 For This Useful Post:
rabernet (January 6th, 2013)
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #356 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GN2, previously, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

That took me to a black on white case.
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #357 (permalink)

Quote:
That took me to a black on white case.
That's the same picture that shows on my purchase on ebay, but my case is white on white. Maybe you could message the seller and ask.
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #358 (permalink)

Device(s):

the platinum one that best buy sells or the mobil store will have isnt very great and a p.i.t.a to get off and on. are most people usnig a screen protector on this phone.. ive heard horror stories with the s pen and screen protectors on this phone.
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #359 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa269 View Post
the platinum one that best buy sells or the mobil store will have isnt very great and a p.i.t.a to get off and on. are most people usnig a screen protector on this phone.. ive heard horror stories with the s pen and screen protectors on this phone.
I have no problem with S pen.
donziehl likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corki2 For This Useful Post:
donziehl (January 8th, 2013)
Old January 7th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #360 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2

Quote:
I use the Spigen SGP Ultra Crystal installed on my phone and I have absolutely no problems with the S Pen. I love Spigen SGP screen protectors.
sponsored links
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #361 (permalink)

Per Mix and Corki2 feedback, sounds like Spigen (Ultra Crystal/Oleophobic) and VZW in-store screen protectors for sure guarantee to have no weird reflection effects under any light and solid under s-pen. Pyro provided a great summary here: Best GN2 Screen Protector
Last edited by twister6; January 7th, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #362 (permalink)

Quote:
Btw, platinum BB is re-branded Seidio Surface case. I heard the same story due to its interlocking top/bottom parts.

With horror stories, it all depends which one you get. I'm searching (more out of principle now) to find a working ebay cheapo screen protector, and so far had no luck with most of them having weird rainbow effects under fluorescent lights. Also, s-pen marks do wipe out, but not as easy. Read through this thread Best GN2 Screen Protector - a lot of useful info!
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #363 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5; Samsung Galaxy S5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Btw, platinum BB is re-branded Seidio Surface case. I heard the same story due to its interlocking top/bottom parts.
Wow! I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Those cases are a pain to get off. Now I know why (and why I returned my Seido surface case.) I never did like those Best buy cases.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #364 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren857 View Post
Wow! I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Those cases are a pain to get off. Now I know why (and why I returned my Seido surface case.) I never did like those Best buy cases.
Take a look at the pictures in the links, they are twins

Seidio: SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Best Buy: Platinum Series - Kickstand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note II Mobile Phones - Black - SGC23SB
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #365 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Send a message via Yahoo to donziehl Send a message via Skype™ to donziehl

Thankz a lot for this forum, got a lot tips and then finally decided to go for Seido Surface w/ Metal KickStand ... But then I happen to drop at BestBuy and bought the Platinum (PT) instead. You will get the combo for the price of basic ...

Pretty much the same thing, not sure if Seido's Anti-Static and if it has a "MAGNETIC" Kickstand ... Fits well and I like the look of it, not bulky and I think it will protect my Note 2 well ..

Oh yeah, I have a Ghost-Armor screen protector since I bought this last November, work well too... Good thing I read this forum and carefully inserted my Platinum case --seamless it is, no problem at all !

Tried removing the case too, just simply press the bottom part of it until you hear a "crack" sound, then gently pull the upper part ... Easy!

I love my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 more with Ghost Armor screen protector plus its Platinum executive case with magnetic Kickstand ---

MABUHAY!
Last edited by donziehl; January 8th, 2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Remove Picture
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #366 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon

I got the Incipio LGND Hard Shell Converitble Case with flipcover... protects everything, edges, bezel, front. Comfy for me: Incipio LGND Hard Shell Convertible Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Android Cases
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #367 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 2- Titanium Grey
Carrier: Wifi only device

I am using this Stand from Amazon, really sturdy and perfect angles for viewing.
Amazon.com: Rabbit Mini Portable Stand for iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3Gs, iPod, Samsung Galaxy S3, S2, S Phone, HTC and other Smartphones: Cell Phones & Accessories

drexappeal likes this.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #368 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2 and iPhone 4s
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
All good, Mix! No hard feelings. That's why we come here to this forum to express our opinion, to share our experience, and sometimes to bust

I do agree, if kickstand sticking out too much - it takes away from the shape of the case. I do like how its discrete on my cheapo eBay case (Best case for note 2?) and blends in with a design. But it also works against it when I place my case on the back and loose a friction/grip with a surface due to an uneven back side of the case. Worries me sometimes that I can swipe it off the table (but than, case is rugged ). I'm waiting for another cheapo knock off case soon to be released (just talked to the company off line) where they are copying Otterbox design with plastic case on the inside and rubber case on the outside. It supposed to have recessed kick stand as well, although I'm not sure about it until they have it available toward the end of the month. Will post pics once I get it.

Oh, btw I'm don't like Seidio kickstand approach either. If you do have kickstand, have it in the middle of the case to balance the phone. Otherwise, while you have it standing up with a kickstand, you will not be able to touch the screen without knocking the phone down.

White Rugged Armor Hybrid Case Belt Clip Holster Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 | eBay

My order from cellcostumes just arrived today but the color is the reverse of what's advertised and what I ordered. Not happy that customer is asked to pay for the cost of return shipping and possibly more to receive the correct item since it's the seller's error. I contacted the seller and waiting on a reply. It took over 3 wks since ordering on Dec 16. I must be cheap to still pursue this
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #369 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sNinja View Post
White Rugged Armor Hybrid Case Belt Clip Holster Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 | eBay

My order from cellcostumes just arrived today but the color is the reverse of what's advertised and what I ordered. Not happy that customer is asked to pay for the cost of return shipping and possibly more to receive the correct item since it's the seller's error. I contacted the seller and waiting on a reply. It took over 3 wks since ordering on Dec 16. I must be cheap to still pursue this
What color did you order? This looks like the exact description of the one I got "white" being in the description rather than "white/black" as I've seen ln some of them, but mine was white on white although the picture showed black over white as in the picture in your link. I could have sworn the one I got jad a photo of an all white one but when I go to my purchase history on ebay, it shows the black on white one.
Last edited by Corki2; January 8th, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #370 (permalink)

Device(s):

well i just ordered the commuter in glacier and the spg screen protector. i need to put something on this phone because i work in a kitchen and leave it out playing pandora all day.... i dont want any chemicals getting splashed or food debris getting onto the phone.
sponsored links
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #371 (permalink)

Oh man (@10sNinja), you should have asked me for the link where I got mine, half the price, local US shipment within 4-5 days ($6.65 shipped): WH BK Rugged Hybrid Hard Case Cover Holster Kickstand Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 | eBay

Plus, I also ordered another one, waiting for it to arrive this Friday ($4.95 shipped). Its the same one I mentioned to you in PM but for Note 2. I'm waiting for it to arrive to review and to give my opinion about it, so don't rush in yet: Rugged Dual Layer Impact Kickstand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II Phone | eBay

Regarding "cheap", its a matter of principle. Never hurts to ask, just be nice and approach them with explanation that you gave them 5-star positive feedback but not happy with a product and would like to resolve it. You will be surprised!
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #372 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by acura9927 View Post
I went cheap, hope to be surprised when I get this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140892137275

Just ordered this one off of Amazon. Hope it is a good one.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #373 (permalink)

UAG is planning to release N2 cases soon:

URBAN ARMOR GEAR

Anybody has experience with their cases, perhaps for S3 or iPhone, and can comment on quality and protection level?
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #374 (permalink)

Device(s): Marble White Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: AT&T

My second Note 2 with new Otterbox Commuter

nlitenme and Phoenix1974 like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fr0stTr0n For This Useful Post:
acura9927 (January 10th, 2013), Phoenix1974 (January 11th, 2013)
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #375 (permalink)

Device(s): White Note 2, Silver HTC M8
Carrier: Verizon

Hey guys sorry if this has been covered before but I put a screen protector on my N2 the other day. I bought a tpu cause from diztonic for my phone but it's causing the screen protector to peel up so I am thinking of just getting the otterbox commuter. Is anyone having a problem with the commuter and screen protectors? Thanks
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #376 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem Industriez View Post
Hey guys sorry if this has been covered before but I put a screen protector on my N2 the other day. I bought a tpu cause from diztonic for my phone but it's causing the screen protector to peel up so I am thinking of just getting the otterbox commuter. Is anyone having a problem with the commuter and screen protectors? Thanks
Just got my Spigen Oleophobic protector installed with my Commuter and no issues at this point.

Old January 11th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #377 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem Industriez View Post
Well it depends what screen protector you got. If you have a quality screen protector like Spigen SGP you won't have any issues with any case lifting it. If you installed a cheap eBay one or some other cheap protector you probably won't have great results. I have a Spigen SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector installed and I've tried out many cases for my Note 2 and none of them have affected the screen protector in any way.
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #378 (permalink)

Ballistic has one as well: Samsung Galaxy Note II Ballistic Shell Gel (SG) Series Case | goballisticcase.com
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #379 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 10.1

Quote:
UAG is planning to release N2 cases soon:

URBAN ARMOR GEAR

Anybody has experience with their cases, perhaps for S3 or iPhone, and can comment on quality and protection level?
I had one on my S3 for the last few weeks I had the phone. I really liked the case, probably my favorite of all the cases I had for it. It's a nice looking rugged case, but it light and comfortable to hold. I will definitely be getting one for my Note 2!
nlitenme likes this.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #380 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobF353 View Post
I had one on my S3 for the last few weeks I had the phone. I really liked the case, probably my favorite of all the cases I had for it. It's a nice looking rugged case, but it light and comfortable to hold. I will definitely be getting one for my Note 2!
So you do agree its rugged enough to provide an adequate protection in case of a drop? I'm also curious about Ballistic cases as well. Might end up testing both of them for a/b comparison.

Right now I'm using $6 ebay rugged hybrid knock off case (Best case for note 2? - copy of Amzer) which I like a lot due to its durability, kickstand (of course!) and identical quality of the material to the original one. Plus, I already got used to it's slightly bulky design (fits somewhere between Commuter and Defender). So, I'm ok with any rugged case, but do really want to have kickstand, not just for propping up the case but actually as a "grip" handle on a number of occasions especially when I'm reading or watching movies lying down in bed. As my own personal preference, I wish either UAG or Ballistic would offer a case with a kickstand.
sponsored links
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #381 (permalink)

What is up with these case makers only making all of these cases in black, gray, or using black as a base????

I am a woman with a white phone and I want colors!!! Blue, green, yellow, pink, etc...

I don't want a TPU case. I want a quality case with some serious drop protection!

/rant

ScandaLeX, carme4 and TheOtherBill like this.
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #382 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note2
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren857 View Post
What is up with these case makers only making all of these cases in black, gray, or using black as a base????

I am a woman with a white phone and I want colors!!! Blue, green, yellow, pink, etc...

I don't want a TPU case. I want a quality case with some serious drop protection!

/rant

At Verizon, there were some Otterbox cases that had colors.
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #383 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II Galaxy S3 (Retired)

Got my Seidio Active case a few days ago and I love it. The white case looks badass on the white N2. Also has built-in metal magnetic kick-stand which I have yet to really try out.

https://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CSK3SSGNTK-GL
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #384 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
At Verizon, there were some Otterbox cases that had colors.
Other than standard one for N2 by Otterbox? Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Cases from OtterBox

I hope they are not spray-painting them in the back room
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #385 (permalink)

Default Re: Best case for note 2?

Quote:
Here's a white one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-WHITE-SHOCK-KICKSTAND-HOLSTER-BELT-CLIP-CASE-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-NOTE-2-N7100-/290830494851
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #386 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II 16GB in White on Jelly Bean HP Laptop 15" on Windows 7
Carrier: Vodafone

Send a message via MSN to LilacBleeds lilacbleeds@gmail.com

i have the case like on the uk advert apart from I found on ebay someone doing it in the colour I love which was good and I love it so far but I will be getting another cover so I can change it
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #387 (permalink)

Device(s):

Nothing against supporting breast cancer awareness, but I would get the pink Otterbox Commuter in a heartbeat if that ribbon on the back were removeable. I called and asked and it doesn't come off.
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #388 (permalink)

Default Rugged Dual Layer Impact Kickstand Case review

I was really looking forward to this case. Got it today... and overall it's great, except for one HUGE flow which is a deal break for me and probably for a lot of other people Got this case from ebay ($4.95 shipped from US seller). The case itself is a knock off of Defender with its inner 2-piece PC case and outer rubber case. It adds a significant bulk, on par with Defender, and adds a high level of protection. Quality of material is very good, this is not cheap plastic/rubber. All the cutouts precise and aligned, and every port is covered, including s-pen (although s-pen is kind of hard to take out). Kickstand is a bit on a flimsy side and not as easy to lift up. But the deal breaker for me, and probably for majority of others - a very narrow opening inside of plastic inner case for micro-usb connector. Samsung OEM connector, which is very slim to begin with, can barely squeeze in. Using any other micro-usb connector - forget about it. I have a bunch of cables with slim micro-usb connectors, and none of them fit. I mean, you can always modify it (dremel tool to grind that opening down), but I'm personally just not too crazy about the bulk of the case in general. Also, don't like 2-piece interlocking inner case and feel those tabs won't last for too long after a few open/close excercise. Btw, there is no plastic screen protector like it is on Defender.

OK, now let's pictures do the talking.

And here is a problem:

Old January 11th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #389 (permalink)

ROFL!

twospirits likes this.
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #390 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung S3, ex-Desire HD Owner

Quote:
I was really looking forward to this case. Got it today... and overall it's great, except for one HUGE flow which is a deal break for me and probably for a lot of other people Got this case from ebay ($4.95 shipped from US seller). The case itself is a knock off of Defender with its inner 2-piece PC case and outer rubber case. It adds a significant bulk, on par with Defender, and adds a high level of protection. Quality of material is very good, this is not cheap plastic/rubber. All the cutouts precise and aligned, and every port is covered, including s-pen (although s-pen is kind of hard to take out). Kickstand is a bit on a flimsy side and not as easy to lift up. But the deal breaker for me, and probably for majority of others - a very narrow opening inside of plastic inner case for micro-usb connector. Samsung OEM connector, which is very slim to begin with, can barely squeeze in. Using any other micro-usb connector - forget about it. I have a bunch of cables with slim micro-usb connectors, and none of them fit. I mean, you can always modify it (dremel tool to grind that opening down), but I'm personally just not too crazy about the bulk of the case in general. Also, don't like 2-piece interlocking inner case and feel those tabs won't last for too long after a few open/close excercise. Btw, there is no plastic screen protector like it is on Defender.

And here is a problem:

I had the S3 version of this in purple. If it's the same sort of deal (obviously the Note 2 is a different phone), there were a few problems with it.

Of course it's a bit bulky, but bulk doesn't bother me, as it protects the phone (a dealbreaker for some).

The hard plastic shell is great, but a blimmin' nightmare to unclip, so I would always have a few sections slightly loose. Of course, over time the whole thing would clip together, so I'd have to (gently) try to prise it apart with a knife.

The charger cut-out didn't allow me to charge for a while as it didn't fit well (lead kept popping out), but I found over time I could use it, just had to be a little firm with it.

Might go for another one now my S3 got stolen By the way, the people who stole it left an answering machine message by mistake. I assume they couldn't take the hard case off either, because my SIM appeared to be in it for ages.....

And a question from me: Which tough, flippy (ie, a case that covers the front) case is there for the Note 2, which also has a kickstand?

Thanks in anticipation (I'm going to read backwards through this thread)...
Last edited by loulou; January 12th, 2013 at 12:41 AM. Reason: extra
sponsored links
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #391 (permalink)

This might be good for women/girls who want a more cutesy Note 2 cover (there's other options as well as the three illustrated, and seems to be made for other phones, such as iPhone, S2, S3, etc). This has a flippy case and a kickstand option, and it's not too expensive either:

Cute Happymori Korean Leather Flip Wallet Case Cover Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 | eBay

I got the Cherry one. Has a few wallet pockets inside but no stitching to affect the screen, I'd assume it will be okay. Not sure if I'd put cards in it though, in case it marks the screen (I always buy a screen protector, but...)

I'll report back in any case. 7.87 delivered from ebay UK.

The ebay feedback seems quite promising
twospirits likes this.
Last edited by loulou; January 12th, 2013 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Extra Info
Old January 12th, 2013, 03:32 AM   #392 (permalink)

I quite like this teal colour USAMS leather kickstand case too (though it comes in other colours, black, grey, white, lime, red, also in suede, though I'd avoid suede!!) USAMS Leather Case Pouch Flip Cover for Samsung GT-N7105 4G LTE Galaxy Note 2/II | eBay

With cases, I actually *prefer* silicone or PU to leather as leather tends to go a bit tatty and grubby, synthetic materials tend to hold their own and look good for longer. In my limited experience, anyway. Still a nice item though.

Comes to around 20 (though they do Best Offer, not sure how much they'll drop down to).
twospirits likes this.
Last edited by loulou; January 12th, 2013 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Extra
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #393 (permalink)

Default Re: Best case for note 2?

Quote:

And here is a problem:

I have that case too.

Even though it adds bulk, it seemed that it was bulkier than the Defender case. The ebay case has a soft rubber as compared to the Defender which is a harder rubber. That soft and "flufflier" rubber made the case more bulky.

Also, the ebay case cut off a millimeter of the screen on both sides. I didn't like that at all.
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #394 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by acura9927 View Post
Well the stand works fine now, took 30 to 4o clicks to break it in.

The volume buttons are next for me to get use to.
By "clicks", do you mean when opening the stand it would click two times before being fully opened?

I have just received this case and I'm getting scared I'm going to snap the thing off.

I don't really mind the volume rocker cover though. It has less give than I would prefer, but I can get used to it.
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #395 (permalink)

If anybody interested, got a reply from UAG. They will have Note 2 cases in 3 weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
loulou (January 12th, 2013)
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #396 (permalink)

I'll give you a Thanks. I think the UAG cases are really cool, just wish they did a flippy option.
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #397 (permalink)

Default Otterbox Defender Review

Well, since I already reviewed Defender knock off (in my above post for Rugged Dual Layer Impact Kickstand case), its only fair to review the original Defender now. Per my post in Otterbox thread (Otterbox Cases), I decided to try my hands on the actual Otterbox product instead of reading reviews about it or searching for a reasonable ebay knock off replacement. The result - I ended up buying one and WILL KEEP IT!!! Despite issues with a built-in plastic screen protector which apparently a common problem, its not a show stopper since you can just pop it out and use your favorite screen protector instead. Just like others, I found that plastic screen protector to be sitting a tiny bit above the screen, thus flexing. And also found that s-pen was leaving marks all over it. But its not about the unnecessary piece of plastic, but about the case itself. I don't need to go into details because everybody familiar with Defender case and probably have seen/read other reviews and YT videos (including drop tests).

Its a very solid case, and surprisingly slim for its built. its not slim by itself in comparison to other cases, but for its extra protection functionality I found it even slimmer than that other Rugged Dual Layer ebay case. Goes in and out of the pocket very easy, adds a very nice grip to the phone, rubber outer shell is non-skid so it feels secure when you lay it down on the surface. Everything is cut and aligned to a perfection. No worries about any aftermarket micro-usb connector fitment in here!. I took a number of pictures since those are worth more than a thousand words! One thing I do want to mention - I was very surprised by the holster. Its a three-point holster which can host N2 facing inward or outward. The clip locks into a position to work as a kickstand, and rotates 360 degrees. So when you walking you can have it aligned vertically, while sitting down you can flip it horizontally. I don't know if I will make it a habit carrying the phone in a holster, but I did spend this afternoon carying it that way. Right now in a winter time with layers of clothes I actually don't mind that at all. Once its going to get warmer outside, I probably won't carry it on my belt. It is like a brick on your belt. But just wanted to mention that it actually holds the phone very secure and has enough functional flexibility.

As a side note, I did check out/tested Commuter, and found its plastic outer shell to be slippery in my hand and while placed on the surface. But it shouldn't be a show stopper for those who want a less bulkier case with a similar adequate protection.

OK, here are the pictures for your enjoyment!

twospirits likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
imalias2u (March 2nd, 2013)
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #398 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou View Post
I'll give you a Thanks. I think the UAG cases are really cool, just wish they did a flippy option.
I on the other hand would wish for some clever hidden kickstand in there But it's not going to happen. I'm definitely keeping my Defender case, and if I like this new UAG case - will get/keep it as well.
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #399 (permalink)

Device(s): evo 4g, Galaxy s2,Galaxy Note 2,Htc One,
Carrier: Sprint

I just got the cruzerlite androidified case from amazon 12$.. i love tpu cases and this one is clear with the android on the back so its a cool looking case that still shows off my note 2... also today i dropped it and nothing but me being scared lol.. very little bulk but great protection and looks cool
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #400 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxty Note 2 on AT&T - 16gb Titanium Grey

Those UAG cases look awesome, if anyone gets one please post some pictures here. I bought the flip cover and the Samsung bumper case, but I am thinking I will need to purchase something more rugged for when hiking/fishing season starts up.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2