Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 3rd, 2012, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Mad Using Paypal Here

Has anyone had any success with the Paypal Here credit card reader? I used it with my Evo and according to their website it should work but The reader just doesnt read a card on my Note 2'.

Just adding that I am asking about using the reader on my Note 2 not the Evo 4g mentioned above.

Advertisements
Last edited by Derp Droid; November 3rd, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
sponsored links
Old November 3rd, 2012, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp Droid View Post
Has anyone had any success with the Paypal Here credit card reader? I used it with my Evo and according to their website it should work but The reader just doesnt read a card on my Note 2'.
Do you have the regular evo, or the 3d? the list doesn't list the 3d model. Also are you running 2.3.3 or higher?

I would just use a square - Works on any phone after froyo I think. I have one and it works flawlessly.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Well, I'm going to be kind of a smart ass here. I am posting in the forum for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 so I have a ....... you guessed it. I have a note 2. Ok I had to bust your balls. I can see where you thought I meant I was having problems with my Evo. Nope that worked flawlessly. My Note 2 on the other hand acts like it is going to work But it doesn't read the card. Volume is cranked as it should be and everything. Reader works perfectly on other devices. I sent an E-mail to Paypal and we'll see if they respond.

The reason I like Paypal is the instantaneous access to your money. Also they send you a debit card that I get 1% back on all purchases ran as a credit card( basically if you sign instead of enter the pin) so that takes the rate down to 1.7%
Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp Droid View Post
Well, I'm going to be kind of a smart ass here. I am posting in the forum for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 so I have a ....... you guessed it. I have a note 2. Ok I had to bust your balls. I can see where you thought I meant I was having problems with my Evo. Nope that worked flawlessly. My Note 2 on the other hand acts like it is going to work But it doesn't read the card. Volume is cranked as it should be and everything. Reader works perfectly on other devices. I sent an E-mail to Paypal and we'll see if they respond.

The reason I like Paypal is the instantaneous access to your money. Also
I was curious why you would be posting in the note 2 forums when I read the word "Evo" :P

On the List of compatible devices, the Note 2 is not listed. Just the first note.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-here-compatible-devices
Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Yes I kbut then your not supposed to be able to do a lot of things that I have done and seen done on here. For example Sprint says I should pay for using my device as a hot spot but I didn't have to with my rooted Evo. I was just looking for a workaround.
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Sprint

Just about a month ago paypal here was not compatible with ICS they are a little behind im waiting on the update so that the card reader feature is finally compatible with jellybean. I havent read anything about future updated though. It might take a while
Old November 7th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Yeah I've had to go back to my intuit reader for now. I don't like waiting but Paypal just isn't workking and I sent them an Email about it with no response. Go figure.
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II

As of early March 2013, the card reader still does not work with Paypal Now and the GS Note II... I'm not holding my breath as to when it might (ever...)
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II, Xoom WiFi
Carrier: Magenta

I used PayPal Here to successfully swipe a card on the 9th of March on a TMobile Note II (SHG-T889). Other than it booting Pandora because of another setting on my phone when I plugged it in, I didn't have any issues.

I trust that you are, but just to be sure... you're using the separate Here app when you try it, right?
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM10984 View Post
I trust that you are, but just to be sure... you're using the separate Here app when you try it, right?
Correct... should have added my phone is a Verizon SCH-I605.
sponsored links

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2