Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By SoulSmilen
  • 1 Post By nlitenme
  • 1 Post By drexappeal
  • 1 Post By PetiePal
  • 1 Post By ScandaLeX
  • 1 Post By drexappeal

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 7th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Gender: Male
Posts: 40
 
Device(s): ASUS Google Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Question Very strange charging issues with non-OEM cables

I bought a bunch of micro USB cables from monoprice.com (some 6 ft and 9 ft) so that I can charge my Note 2 in the car or in the house.

Here's the strange part, sometimes the cables work (as in the Note 2 starts charging) and sometimes the Note 2 does not get charged at all. Exactly the same cables used with my sons Galaxy Nexus never have any issue. As soon as I plug in my sons phone to any of the cables, it begins to charge. Simple and straightforward.

With the Note 2, it appears to be so finicky, I just don't get it. The port is a universal micro USB and I'm using the OEM wall plug, so why should the cable not work in my Note 2 but works with other devices? I have a Nexus 7 tablet, and I don't have any of these wacky issues with that either.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is this some weird bug in the software on our Note 2's????

Advertisements
SilverGS is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 7th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 305
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T), Archos 80 G9
Carrier: AT&T (home of dumbed down devices)

Thanks: 20
Thanked 78 Times in 56 Posts
Default

My recommendation,
You will need a Micro USB which is compatible an Android Tablet - not the cheap generic type.

Also there are specific Micro USB "Charge ONLY" cables which are not capable of being used for data sync.
I ordered a couple of these:
Amazon.com: Naztech Micro USB Charging Cable - BlackBerry, Cal-Comp, HTC, LG, Samsung, Nokia, and Sony Ericsson: Cell Phones & Accessories

I also recommend a 2 Amp wall charger , as it takes a lot a juice to charge that 3100mA Battery
Elantric is offline  
Last edited by Elantric; November 7th, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 741
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Exactly that Naztech cable. It works with them all. It's got "data shorted pins" which means it's charge only but it will charge as true AC.
PetiePal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Gender: Male
Posts: 40
 
Device(s): ASUS Google Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elantric View Post
My recommendation,
You will need a Micro USB which is compatible an Android Tablet - not the cheap generic type.

Also there are specific Micro USB "Charge ONLY" cables which are not capable of being used for data sync.
I ordered a couple of these:
Amazon.com: Naztech Micro USB Charging Cable - BlackBerry, Cal-Comp, HTC, LG, Samsung, Nokia, and Sony Ericsson: Cell Phones & Accessories

I also recommend a 2 Amp wall charger , as it takes a lot a juice to charge that 3100mA Battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiePal View Post
Exactly that Naztech cable. It works with them all. It's got "data shorted pins" which means it's charge only but it will charge as true AC.
Thanks guys. What about recommendations for a cable that does both charging and data sync?

The charge only cables are kinda pointless, because I would then need to keep track of which cable is which. I'd rather just get good quality charging and sync cables.

I've never had quality issues with the cables from monoprice.com even though their prices are low, the quality is pretty high. I used them all the time for charging cables I needed when I had my previous phones (iPhone 4 and iPhone 3G).
SilverGS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 741
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Default

An official Samsung cable replacement.
PetiePal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
edlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 796
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S5
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 47
Thanked 142 Times in 106 Posts
Default

I've been using my old Palm pre cables since day one with no problems.
edlex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Gender: Male
Posts: 40
 
Device(s): ASUS Google Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiePal View Post
An official Samsung cable replacement.
I'll have to look that up and see if they come in any lengths longer than 3 feet. I need one 6 ft and one 9ft
SilverGS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
SoulSmilen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston'ish
Posts: 201
 
Device(s): Note 2 (AT&T) - OG Evo (Sprint) is now a root toy!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 61
Thanked 57 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
I'll have to look that up and see if they come in any lengths longer than 3 feet. I need one 6 ft and one 9ft
The 2amp charger is the most important factor. This beast of a battery laughs at less... literally. Cuz while it's laughing it's using power, so you won't get a charge.
james27007 likes this.
SoulSmilen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,066
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,398
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSmilen View Post
The 2amp charger is the most important factor. This beast of a battery laughs at less... literally. Cuz while it's laughing it's using power, so you won't get a charge.
Where's the least expensive place to pick up 2amp charger/cables?
__________________
Love the G-Note series!
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Look into my Eye
 
james27007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,149
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 Galaxy S4 Galaxy Tab 10.1
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 445
Thanked 443 Times in 288 Posts
Default

The Galaxy Tab 10.1 has the same issue. I only used to use it once a week, then put it on the cheep 0.5A charger and never noticed there was an issue until I started using my Tablet every day. It was always going dead quickly. Found out it uses and needs a real 2A charger; got a replacement for $30 and it fixed the issue.

Going to make charging in my car a task now. Oh well, I still can't wait till Friday when my Note 2 arrives
__________________
"Do all the good You can, in all the ways You can, for all the people You can, while You can."
Cool things to do w/Note 2 to make prople jealous
Amazing Note 2 - 3D UI
james27007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 7th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 305
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T), Archos 80 G9
Carrier: AT&T (home of dumbed down devices)

Thanks: 20
Thanked 78 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Where's the least expensive place to pick up 2amp charger/cables?
Amazon - I like that compared to Ebay as most products have hands on reviews


Amazon.com: Xentris 2-Amp Micro-USB Travel Charger - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Xentris 2-Amp Micro-USB Travel Charger - Retail Packaging - Black $15.99
Elantric is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elantric For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (November 7th, 2012), Osensnolf (November 9th, 2012)
Old November 7th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
SoulSmilen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston'ish
Posts: 201
 
Device(s): Note 2 (AT&T) - OG Evo (Sprint) is now a root toy!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 61
Thanked 57 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james27007 View Post
The Galaxy Tab 10.1 has the same issue. I only used to use it once a week, then put it on the cheep 0.5A charger and never noticed there was an issue until I started using my Tablet every day. It was always going dead quickly. Found out it uses and needs a real 2A charger; got a replacement for $30 and it fixed the issue.

Going to make charging in my car a task now. Oh well, I still can't wait till Friday when my Note 2 arrives
You can get a car charger that puts out enough, too. I left mine at work, but I think my wall/car combo from Sprint puts out 1.6 amps dc for the car.
SoulSmilen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,066
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,398
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default

I'm gonna have to do a little more research on chargers, as well as all my cables before buying another charger. I'd prefer a dual port plug that I can use any microUSB cable with, but the problem is the universal dual ports that are available all seem to split 2amps (e.g. 1 amp each port).

As for USB Sync cables...I've seen devices before that didn't work properly when plugged in. From time to time, when I'm charging through my computer, it doesn't have enough juice coming from the USB port to charge, so I have to unplug, then re-plug, but this is something to think about with the Note 2 that I never really had to before.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 212
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 21
Thanked 71 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I'm gonna have to do a little more research on chargers, as well as all my cables before buying another charger. I'd prefer a dual port plug that I can use any microUSB cable with, but the problem is the universal dual ports that are available all seem to split 2amps (e.g. 1 amp each port).

If you're looking for a dual port car charger that puts out a dedicated 2+ amps to 1 port, this may work for you - Amazon.com: Mediabridge High Output Dual USB Car Charger For iPad and iPhone (3.1 Amp): Cell Phones & Accessories

The description says that it may not work with anything that's not iOS, but reading many of the reviews shows that it does work with many Android devices.
drexappeal likes this.
nlitenme is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nlitenme For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (November 8th, 2012)
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,066
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,398
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlitenme View Post
If you're looking for a dual port car charger that puts out a dedicated 2+ amps to 1 port, this may work for you - Amazon.com: Mediabridge High Output Dual USB Car Charger For iPad and iPhone (3.1 Amp): Cell Phones & Accessories

The description says that it may not work with anything that's not iOS, but reading many of the reviews shows that it does work with many Android devices.
Yeah, I added that one to my wishlist, but wanted to continue doing research. I also want to check what my OEM Motorola car dock charger is, but it doesn't specify on the Motorola website.
nlitenme likes this.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,803
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 943 Times in 614 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlitenme View Post
If you're looking for a dual port car charger that puts out a dedicated 2+ amps to 1 port, this may work for you - Amazon.com: Mediabridge High Output Dual USB Car Charger For iPad and iPhone (3.1 Amp): Cell Phones & Accessories

The description says that it may not work with anything that's not iOS, but reading many of the reviews shows that it does work with many Android devices.
I wish these were made shorter. I don't have a lot of room in the front so I try to keep the look in my car as minimal as possible.
ScandaLeX is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 212
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 21
Thanked 71 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
I wish these were made shorter. I don't have a lot of room in the front so I try to keep the look in my car as minimal as possible.

You could try a generic power socket or something like this - Amazon.com: BESTEK car cigarette lighter socket usb car charger Cigarette Lighter adapter dc to dc charger usb car adapter socket car splitter adapter 3 way plug socket usb outlet three way car splitter charger: Camera & Photo

If you really want a clean look, cut the plug off, wire it directly to your fuse box & mount it under the dash. If you don't know how to do that properly/safely, bring it to a car stereo shop & they should be able to do it fairly quickly.
nlitenme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,803
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 943 Times in 614 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlitenme View Post
You could try a generic power socket or something like this - Amazon.com: BESTEK car cigarette lighter socket usb car charger Cigarette Lighter adapter dc to dc charger usb car adapter socket car splitter adapter 3 way plug socket usb outlet three way car splitter charger: Camera & Photo

If you really want a clean look, cut the plug off, wire it directly to your fuse box & mount it under the dash. If you don't know how to do that properly/safely, bring it to a car stereo shop & they should be able to do it fairly quickly.
Thank you. I purchased a shorty from Sprint; just don't know where I laid it down at.
ScandaLeX is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 212
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 21
Thanked 71 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
Thank you. I purchased a shorty from Sprint; just don't know where I laid it down at.

Maybe it's too short if you can't find it.
nlitenme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 741
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
I wish these were made shorter. I don't have a lot of room in the front so I try to keep the look in my car as minimal as possible.
Griffin Technology makes one that's nearly FLUSH with the outlet. It's only 1amp output though. Kensington makes a 2.1 amp one though in two form factors.

Larger This one has 2 ports, worth the extra length but much shorter than the one discussed in this thread.

Smaller. Super micro one!
drexappeal likes this.
PetiePal is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PetiePal For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (November 9th, 2012), ScandaLeX (November 9th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,066
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,398
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiePal View Post
Larger This one has 2 ports, worth the extra length but much shorter than the one discussed in this thread.
Thanks for posting this. I like it, but I noticed on the picture that it doesn't indicate which is the 2 AMP port and which is the 1amp...LOL.

Never thought I'd be looking for this type of accessory...hahaha.

I think this one would be the correct one for Android though (or does the Kindle Fire have some sort of weird proprietary microUSB):
http://www.kensington.com/kensington/us/us/p/1416/K39573US/powerbolt%E2%84%A2-duo-usb-car-charger-for-kindle%C2%AE-fire.aspx
drexappeal is online now  
Last edited by drexappeal; November 9th, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 741
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Thanks for posting this. I like it, but I noticed on the picture that it doesn't indicate which is the 2 AMP port and which is the 1amp...LOL.

Never thought I'd be looking for this type of accessory...hahaha.

I think this one would be the correct one for Android though (or does the Kindle Fire have some sort of weird proprietary microUSB):
Kensington - Smartphone - Universal Smartphone Accessories - Car Mounts & Chargers - PowerBolt
AS I was posting that I totally thought of the same thing. I think the bottom port is the 2.1 amp, you see the little different in the picture to signify it.

But honestly the easiest way is to go to your battery info in settings and see if it's charging via "AC" or "USB." AC is the 2.1, and USB will be the 1 amp
PetiePal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,066
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,398
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiePal View Post
AS I was posting that I totally thought of the same thing. I think the bottom port is the 2.1 amp, you see the little different in the picture to signify it.

But honestly the easiest way is to go to your battery info in settings and see if it's charging via "AC" or "USB." AC is the 2.1, and USB will be the 1 amp
Just did a search for 3.1amp usb charger on amazon and look what I found:

Amazon.com: 3.1A Dual USB Car Charger Adapter for iPad iPad2 iPhone iPod (White): Cell Phones & Accessories

I think I'll be swooping this one up.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
ScandaLeX (November 9th, 2012)
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,066
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,398
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default

Wow, interesting what you can find with the right search keywords:

Amazon.com: Monoprice 4 Port USB Wall Charger 2.1A - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Qmadix QM-DMCH4.2-AP-WH USB Twin Tablet Charging 4.2 Amp Kit - Car Charger - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,803
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 943 Times in 614 Posts
Default

Thank you sooooooooooo much. I was just thinking today that I'd like to have one in white. You know I'm a huge fan of the color and now your link. Feels like new Note 2 day all over again
drexappeal likes this.
ScandaLeX is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScandaLeX For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (November 9th, 2012)
Old November 9th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,066
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,398
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
Thank you sooooooooooo much. I was just thinking today that I'd like to have one in white. You know I'm a huge fan of the color and now your link. Feels like new Note 2 day all over again
The one thing I want to get straight though is, the Note 2 will charge up fine on a 1 amp, correct?

So, unlike Apple devices that need the 2amp, the Note 2 can work with either (except 1 amp will just be slower). Can someone confirm that I'm understanding this correctly?
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,803
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 943 Times in 614 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
The one thing I want to get straight though is, the Note 2 will charge up fine on a 1 amp, correct?

So, unlike Apple devices that need the 2amp, the Note 2 can work with either (except 1 amp will just be slower). Can someone confirm that I'm understanding this correctly?
That's also my understanding. I prefer the more rapid charge though.
ScandaLeX is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,066
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,398
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
That's also my understanding. I prefer the more rapid charge though.
Me too, but I never really had to think about it before and was always concerned about the charger being too powerful and overheating the battery with charge (even if that might not have happened).

Nontheless, I'm about to order up that 4.2amp charger I posted up, so I can just sell the Motorola stuff.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,803
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 943 Times in 614 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Me too, but I never really had to think about it before and was always concerned about the charger being too powerful and overheating the battery with charge (even if that might not have happened).

Nontheless, I'm about to order up that 4.2amp charger I posted up, so I can just sell the Motorola stuff.
If you have a MicroCenter nearby you can walk in and get it.
ScandaLeX is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,066
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,398
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
If you have a MicroCenter nearby you can walk in and get it.
Closest one to me is in Orange County (Tustin), so a 'bit too far to go (about 1 hour drive away, 2 - 2.5 if it's during rush hour).

That's cool. I think I may test one from ebay. It's not that urgent for me.
ScandaLeX likes this.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.