Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree22Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:26 AM   #51 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2 w/ T-Mobile
Carrier: Not Provided

I put my flygrip on the phone last night. First attempt it was a little uneven, so I had to pry it back off with a butter knife and was able to easily replace it correctly. I have it down low on the phone a tiny bit above the speaker.

First time I put my fingers in it I HATED IT! I grumbled and passed it around the living room so everyone else could try it. They all grumbled about it... I put it on the second time and it was less uncomfortable. Then I went to bed and was reading emails while using it and I kind of started liking it. This morning I LOVE IT.

Fast turn around. LOL At first I was trying to put my fingers in too far and couldn't move mt thumb around on the device. I think it might be a bit better if I put it more towards the center of the device instead of the bottom. I got a large because I have big fat fingers and I think the large is too big. I should have gone with a medium, even though the penny test pointed towards a large.

Hopefully I'll keep falling in love with this thing. It is thinner than I expected and the phone even still fits in my leather pouch case belt thing.

sponsored links
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:08 AM   #52 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJameson2010 View Post
I got a large because I have big fat fingers and I think the large is too big. I should have gone with a medium, even though the penny test pointed towards a large.
Have you tried adding the small pad thingy to the flygrip? It is supposed to make the space where your ring finger goes, slightly smaller.

Quote:
Hopefully I'll keep falling in love with this thing. It is thinner than I expected and the phone even still fits in my leather pouch case belt thing.
I too was surprised about how thin it is. I can't wait to slap it on my device!
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:15 AM   #53 (permalink)

I haven't tried adding the padding yet. Looking at it I think I will need twice the amount of padding they sent! I'll play around with it more tonight to see if I can make it feel more secure on my fingers. Unfortunately I'm thinking I might have to just buy a smaller size.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 12:20 AM   #54 (permalink)

Device(s):

Will there be a promo this coming Black Friday on any of the products discussed here? Leaning towards the Flygrip but for what it cost, I'm not in a hurry to get one unless it's discounted or something...haha
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:20 AM   #55 (permalink)

Oh a sale would be nice since I want to buy a medium to try... ;-)
Old November 22nd, 2012, 01:07 PM   #56 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I put my flygrip on the phone last night. First attempt it was a little uneven, so I had to pry it back off with a butter knife and was able to easily replace it correctly. I have it down low on the phone a tiny bit above the speaker.

First time I put my fingers in it I HATED IT! I grumbled and passed it around the living room so everyone else could try it. They all grumbled about it... I put it on the second time and it was less uncomfortable. Then I went to bed and was reading emails while using it and I kind of started liking it. This morning I LOVE IT.

Fast turn around. LOL At first I was trying to put my fingers in too far and couldn't move mt thumb around on the device. I think it might be a bit better if I put it more towards the center of the device instead of the bottom. I got a large because I have big fat fingers and I think the large is too big. I should have gone with a medium, even though the penny test pointed towards a large.

I ordered one last night. Plan to use on a TPU case I already have. I may try it more in middle as right above speaker seems to low. I saw a video of someone having it up higher and he was able to reach a lot more of the screen.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 02:00 PM   #57 (permalink)

I did just install the larger pad in the bottom finger thing. It really does make a big difference! Thinking I might not need a medium size anymore.

It's a little hard to reach the home button at the bottom so I worry that moving it further up will make that worse... but moving it up will make the device more balanced and easier to hold right now it feels heavy.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:18 PM   #58 (permalink)
AF's janitor

Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,634 Times in 1,729 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com

Soooo...

I go on vacation and a little vocal match starts among members opinions on these addons. Which ironically then turns into a celebrity deathmatch among the makers themselves. lol

Its all good, so long as we are cordial.

Okay, first let me start by saying that I bought the Flygrip quite a while back on the EVO 4G. Not because it needed it but just to try out the product. I liked it and it worked. But it was hard to peel off the back of the Photon and basically it was unusable since the adhesive was no longer good.
When I got the Note 1, I ordered again and noticed that it would ply off the back cover if I tried to take the Flygrip off. At the time there was no video (that I could see) on how to remove the addon so to me I felt much like Scandalex did. There was also no additional adhesives that I can recall. Now I see that the videos show how to properly remove it (if need too) and that the website now has additional adhesive.
Now with that being said, I do like the fact that it can be used not only as a one handed operation, but as a kickstand (both in portrait and landscape) mode.

The one gripe I have not only with Flygrip or any of the other ones mentioned throughout this thread is that one sacrifices the ability to protect the screen since the add-ons can't be applied to a official Samsung Folio flip cover.
Yet even with that minor inconvenience, I still have that Flygrip that is on the back of the Note 1 cover (which I have to take off before getting my 2 Note 2 tomorrow) as well as having another Flygrip sitting in an unopen box.

As for the ThingSling, I just ordered two of those as well. Just to try them out.

Depending on the type of car dock one gets, both the ThingSling and Flygrip are thin enough to allow the Note 1 & 2 to be attached to a windshield phone holder/dock.

Another thing that all of these add-ons do is restrict the ability to lay the Note 2 (or 1 for that matter) on its back and type on the screen without causing some rocking back and forth effect. but that's not a major deal breaker for some.

@JAJamesone2010
I bought That same car dock a few months ago from a different seller and I was shipped the wrong size one (for less than 5 inches) Needless to say I was pissed, because it was the only one that allows for cases as well as add-ons such as the flygrip, handsling etc.
I just might try that seller now.

@htc.EVOlution
I seem to recall having the same discussion back in the day with you over in the EVO forums lol
and once again I will state the same thing serpa said above, its all subjective.

TS
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

Google + and twitter user.
Click below for image/list of devices...

Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:28 PM   #59 (permalink)

I kind of like the fact that the manufacturers came here to inform us. Makes me feel better about taking a leap in their products.

You might want to wait on ordering from that ebay seller until I test mine out. They send it signature needed so it's sitting at the post office right now. Hoping to pick it up tomorrow and test it out in a road trip tomorrow night. I'll let you know if it fits.
Harplayr likes this.
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #60 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid X, Samsung Note 2
Carrier: Verizon

Hate to point this out, but I hate Spam...
Read SlingThing's privacy statement:
By using this Web site, you consent to the terms of the ThingSling Privacy Policy and to ThingSling’ processing of Personal Information and Non-Personal Information for the purposes provided in the Privacy Policy. You further consent to reviewing the Privacy Policy from time to time to view any updates.
I'm now getting sales ads sent to me. Never asked to be part of a new letter or advertizing, but guess I did give them permission by visiting their website and ordering.

Yes, there is a simple unsubscribe link in the email, but really...
sponsored links
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #61 (permalink)

Ok so the car mount did not work with the fly grip. *but* the bf was able to unscrew enduring and remove the front peice of the car mount thing. So I have to I use it in landscape mode but it really is the easiest to use car holder ever! Snaps in less than a nano second. Not sure what he did to remove the part since I was busy driving and whining that it wouldn't work with my awesome new phone... LOL but its fixed now!

Hope my three pictures work. ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1354043770561.jpg (34.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1354043792737.jpg (45.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1354043808655.jpg (46.8 KB, 34 views)
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #62 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Flygrip - Thank you

It's Michael from Flygrip again. Just want to thank everyone for all the comments about my product. It is so good to hear that everyone has been enjoying it. Makes the time and hard work so worth it.

Feel free to email me at info@flygrip.com if you have any questions. Also, not sure if you have seen some of FlyGrip Youtube videos, but I try to show different aspects of how the Flygrip makes using my phone so much more useful. Please subscribe, I try to make a video a week on different topics that people ask about, different phones, cases, etc.. as well as removal techniques to make things easy.

Keep those testimonials coming... I love hearing how Flygrip has made using your phone easier, more secure, and more productive.

For those who have not tried Flygrip out yet, we are trying to get some of the retailers to move a little quicker to get it into their stores, that way everyone can demo it before purchasing and that obviously makes it easier to make a decision about the product. That is why we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. So if you order a FlyGrip, you have 30 days to test it out, and could always return it in case you feel it is not going to work for you. This is the only way I can have everyone "demo" it for themselves. No risk to you.

I have also extended the warranty to a full 1 year. So if anything goes wrong, you can be sure that Flygrip will stand behind the product.

Remember, people buy cases every time they get a new phone. Flygrip is a one time purchase, an investment to make your phone better, you can re-use with your next phone. That is the reason I made it an "add-on" accessory. If I made it built-into a case for each individual phone model, you would have to buy a new one each time you got a new phone.

One more thing...keep a look out for the car accessory. I'm trying to get it ready for spring time! It will be WAY SMALLER than any of these big clamp style mounts that are on the market and works only with your Flygrip enabled phone.

Thanks again everyone.
Michael
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flygrip For This Useful Post:
ThelVlaster (December 2nd, 2012), twospirits (November 28th, 2012)
Old December 1st, 2012, 10:36 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
I did just install the larger pad in the bottom finger thing. It really does make a big difference! Thinking I might not need a medium size anymore.

It's a little hard to reach the home button at the bottom so I worry that moving it further up will make that worse... but moving it up will make the device more balanced and easier to hold right now it feels heavy.
Ok so I'm a couple weeks in and the pad is wearing a bit. One side has started to crumble. I might have to get a size medium after all! I still love this thing though! Makes even talking on the phone so much easier
Old December 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #64 (permalink)

Device(s):

Just ordered a flygrip..we'll see how it goes
Old December 13th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #65 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just got my fly grip and I'm very impressed with it.

The free case is one of those rubbery cases that protect the back, sides and screen to a certain extent. It is very thin, but has a bezle so that when the phone is laid on it's face the screen doesn't touch the table. I'm not sure how much protection it will serve in a drop though.

The Fly Grip works exactly as they claim it does. It pops open easily, is VERY comfortable to hold, and the phone feels very secure in my hand. It is exactly what I was hoping for. I use my N2 as an e-reader and this makes it so much more comfortable to hold.

I had to position it just south of center rather than near the bottom as the instructions show. When placed too far down the phone is too top heavy to use the fly grip as a stand. When placed more towards the center, the fly grip makes a great virtical and horizontal stand.

I also have a Seidio Surface case and holster. I'm using the free fly grip case because the Seidio case seperates in the middle and the fly grip would span the seam between the two pieces. The N2 with the fly grip case fits perfectly in the Seidio holster.
Last edited by Harplayr; December 13th, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #66 (permalink)

Device(s):

Will the Flygrip work in either hand after installing it ? I don't really have a dominant hand so sometimes I'll hold my phone in my left hand and other times I'll hold it in my right hand.
Last edited by tonestert; December 13th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old December 13th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #67 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonestert View Post
Will the Flygrip work in either hand after installing it ? I don't really have a dominant hand so sometimes I'll hold my phone in my left hand and other times I'll hold it in my right hand.
Yes. It's mounted in the center so either hand has equal access.
I talk with the phone in my left hand but browse with it in my right hand.
Old December 15th, 2012, 03:26 AM   #68 (permalink)

Device(s):

how does the Fly grip compare with the Bunker Ring ? I like both of them.But bunker ring has 360 turning angle and cheaper. your thoughts
Last edited by achayan; December 15th, 2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old December 15th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #69 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by achayan View Post
how does the Fly grip compare with the Bunker Ring ? I like both of them.But bunker ring has 360 turning angle and cheaper. your thoughts
That looks interesting, but doesn't look as comfortable to me and appears more bulky. I haven't tried one though so let's hope to hear from some that have tried the bunker ring.
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #70 (permalink)

Just got my medium size fly grip and is perfect! I'm still in love with it. Especially when the cat tries to knock it out of my hand!
Harplayr likes this.
sponsored links
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:57 PM   #71 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note II, had HTC Flyer and Nexus 4

For those wanting to remove things attached with 3m tape you can use a piece of thread like you would use to slice cheese or like a garrote to force the thread between the 2 items and it will cut right through the tape or force the tape to release.

On another thought there is something called a "PadPivot" that uses some kind of sticky material (uses NanoSuctoin Technology) that sticks very well. The PadPivot can be attatched several times and if the sticky stuff gets dirty you can wash it with soap and water which will make it very sticky again. I would like to see a low profile strap using this kind of material that had a strap that was long enough for say the whole hand to fit.

There is a thread on another forum (don't remember which one) where a guy bought a hard case for his note2 and then cut 2 small slits in the case and ran a piece of elastic through the slits and in one version he stapled the 2 ends inside the case in another version he glued the ends to the inside of the case. I thought he should have sewn the ends together inside the case. Both of the versions seem to work.
Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 14 KDE
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:46 PM   #72 (permalink)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Quote:
Ok so the car mount did not work with the fly grip. *but* the bf was able to unscrew enduring and remove the front peice of the car mount thing. So I have to I use it in landscape mode but it really is the easiest to use car holder ever! Snaps in less than a nano second. Not sure what he did to remove the part since I was busy driving and whining that it wouldn't work with my awesome new phone... LOL but its fixed now!

Hope my three pictures work. ..
Anybody has a link to this clamp/holder? I have been looking for something like this, but seems to not being able to find it on ebay.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM   #73 (permalink)

Original Samsung Galaxy Note 1 2 II N7100 Vehicle Car Mount Dock Holder Cradle | eBay

Is the one I bought, we had to unscrew the front part to make it work with the flygrip.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAJameson2010 For This Useful Post:
twister6 (January 22nd, 2013)
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #74 (permalink)

Thought I would update since it's been a while that I have been using the flygrip. I still love it! I've gone back to my case hoping ways and have to order more sticky stuff. I use a butter knife to slowly twist the fly grip off then my fingernail to get all the excess goo off. Then slap a new adhesive on and go plop it on whatever case or back I want to use that month The sticky stuff is cheap and they ship really fast so it's not a huge expense to keep swapping.

It's the only way to read a book while laying down!

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2