Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree22Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 11th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
dyh
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Handable vs Fly Grip vs Thing Sling

There are several other products designed to keep you from dropping your phone, but these 3 look the best to me: the Handable, the Fly Grip, and the Thing Sling.

The Handable looks the most versatile because you can rotate the device, but this review here wasn't too positive on how secure it is: Handable Lightning Review – Gadgetica

The other 2 look like they may be more secure, but the device isn't rotatable.

Here are some video reviews of the products:

Handable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_07PiAaSm6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEufxVC3gPg

Fly Grip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWIafpPjNw4

Thing Sling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W26E5hCBLWo

Anybody used any of these before, and have any thoughts?

Edit: Actually now I'm leaning towards the Bunker Ring. It looks secure, rotates 360 degrees, and can be used as a stand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YLuVIL84uf8

Last edited by dyh; November 11th, 2012 at 04:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dyh For This Useful Post:
HandAble (November 14th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GN2
Carrier: AT&T

I dont honestly like any of them all that much. And I like the handable the least, seems too silly and not very useful as the others. If I was going to pick one, I would probably go with the thing sling. There is one Ive seen videos for that I liked, but I cant find them now. And I (regretfully) own the Feinger.

If you don't have a Dropbox I'd love an extra 250MB <3
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
dyh
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Have you tried the Fly Grip? Seems a lot of people like it. After more research I'm probably going to go with the Fly Grip. It's ridiculously overpriced, but at least it comes with a case. Because you can hold the device at the fingertips, rather than closer to the palm, it looks more practical for one-handed use.

If anyone has any other input please let me know, thanks!
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GN2
Carrier: AT&T

I had previously watched the flu grip video and it adds too much to the phone for me. Doesnt look like its comfortable to hold either. IMHO YMMV.
Old November 12th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

The FlyGrip is one of the worst product I've ever owned. I watch a lot of QBKing77 vids on YouTube and in every single one he is pimping.....I mean plugging the FlyGrip. Ok, so eventually my curiosity is peaked and I order one.
It took me a min to realize he's got a deal with FlyGrip which is why he mentions them a bazillion times in each vid. If you use his name at checkout you get free delivery.

That aside, NO WHERE in any of his videos does he say this thing is horrible to remove if you ever have to. DO NOT attach it directly to your phone. I cannot stress that enough. You will need something akin to a sharp object to pry it up off your phone while at the same time being extremely careful not to damage your phone. YES....I damaged my phone (SG2).

Also allow me to add it's not the most comfortable. Placing it directly in the center isn't prime placement. You have to place it towards the left or right of the phone--depends how you hold it. Keeping that in mind, if you decide you want to get comfortable watching a movie you have to figure out which side of your phone is best for viewing since the placement of the grip is not centered.

All in all, for $30 you're MUCH better off buying the Seidio Surface with metal kickstand.
twospirits likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScandaLeX For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (November 18th, 2012), twospirits (November 22nd, 2012)
Old November 12th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
dyh
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Thanks for the review. There are a bunch of posters in this thread that seem to like it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1423613 so I may still try it. The main reason I want something like this is to prevent dropping the phone...and one-handed operation would be nice.

If you want to get rid of yours I'll take it off your hands...I'll pay you for shipping and whatever
Old November 12th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
The FlyGrip is one of the worst product I've ever owned. I watch a lot of QBKing77 vids on YouTube and in every single one he is pimping.....I mean plugging the FlyGrip. Ok, so eventually my curiosity is peaked and I order one.
It took me a min to realize he's got a deal with FlyGrip which is why he mentions them a bazillion times in each vid. If you use his name at checkout you get free delivery.

That aside, NO WHERE in any of his videos does he say this thing is horrible to remove if you ever have to. DO NOT attach it directly to your phone. I cannot stress that enough. You will need something akin to a sharp object to pry it up off your phone while at the same time being extremely careful not to damage your phone. YES....I damaged my phone (SG2).

Also allow me to add it's not the most comfortable. Placing it directly in the center isn't prime placement. You have to place it towards the left or right of the phone--depends how you hold it. Keeping that in mind, if you decide you want to get comfortable watching a movie you have to figure out which side of your phone is best for viewing since the placement of the grip is not centered.

All in all, for $30 you're MUCH better off buying the Seidio Surface with metal kickstand.
I am thinking of getting the flygrip after watching a bunch of GN2 videos on flygripinc's YouTube channel. It looks like the grip will allow the phone to sit securely in your hand and let your thumb reach more of the screen, which is exactly what I need.

I'm curious what besides removing the grip did you not like? FYI there is a video up that shows the removal of the grip from a GN2 and it doesn't look that bad. Flygrip Removal Process on a Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube

The $30 price tag is steep though, I think I will take the plunge however.
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
dyh
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Here's a video of the FlyGrip on the Note 1: Real World Usability of a Galaxy Note with a Flygrip 2 - YouTube Looks pretty useful for a big ass phone!

They have a 30 day return policy so there's not much money lost if it doesn't work out.
Old November 12th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

I watched all the videos and thought it'd be easy as pie. For me it wasn't. Hope it works out for you.
Old November 12th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
dyh
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Thanks, yeah I hope it works because it does look useful. Good tip about only attaching it to a case!
sponsored links
Old November 12th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Michael from ThingSling here

Hey everyone,

My friend Johnny invented ThingSling, and I'm helping him get the word out. We're a tiny startup of three people. He's up in St. Paul. I'm in Austin.

Here's a quick overview ThingSling:

ThingSling is 100% made in St. Paul. We do not work with overseas manufacturers. We use a local plastics producer, and order fulfillment is through a local organization that helps recovering adults get back into the workforce. We could make more money drop-shipping out of China but we decided to go ethics over profits.

No hassle guarantee. If you don't love it, send it back for a refund.

It can be applied directly to a phone or case. If you decide you don't like it, it can be easily popped off with a butter knife. Any remaining residue can be removed with rubbing alcohol.

The iPhone 5 has a metal back. The 3M tape we're currently using bonds very strongly to metal and is indeed difficult to separate. If you have iPhone 5, we recommend applying ThingSling to a case or being totally in love with it. Our next production run will remedy this issue. (ThingSling works perfectly on all Android models.)

It doesn't adhere to silicone gel cases.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Let me know if you have any additional questions :-)

If you're interested in trying it out, I can see about a promo code for a reduced price.

cheers,
michael
twospirits likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to hardyintl For This Useful Post:
twospirits (November 22nd, 2012)
Old November 12th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
dyh
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Hi Michael, thanks for the reply. The advantage the Fly Grip seems to have is that you can hold the phone at your fingertips, which would give you greater access to the screen. How do you think the Thing Sling compares in that regard?
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi dyh,

ThingSling provides a pretty tight grip. I usually slip it over the first knuckle of my first finger, which allows me to navigate the touchscreen with a fully liberated thumb.

Check out this photo from our FB page: Timeline Photos | Facebook
Old November 12th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S 2, Galaxy Note 2

Quote:

not sure if you have any experience with the flygrip or you just going off with people that say they have.. but let me direct you to the right video and see for you self what flygrip can do and how easy it is to take off...

I say this because i just bought one and have been really impress with it going on 2 weeks now....it is what it say it can do...

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Flygrip install - YouTube

also you stated its hard to take off...or damage the surface...look again
Flygrip Removal Process on a Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube
twospirits and Jocelyn84 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to GNOTE2 For This Useful Post:
Old November 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNOTE2 View Post
not sure if you have any experience with the flygrip or you just going off with people that say they have.. but let me direct you to the right video and see for you self what flygrip can do and how easy it is to take off...

I say this because i just bought one and have been really impress with it going on 2 weeks now....it is what it say it can do...

I wouldn't have posted what I felt about it if I didn't have one. Forgive me for being one of the few who wasn't impressed with it.

Old November 13th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Originally Posted by ScandaLeX

What you are saying here really is contradicting to what this video is showing and giving your comment no credibility or sense??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMTY51AMO1M&feature=plcp

Anyways... just watch the video... enough said...
Last edited by GNOTE2; November 13th, 2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old November 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX

What you are saying here really is contradicting to what this video is showing and giving your comment no credibility or sense??

Anyways... just watch the video... enough said...
You're talking about a video referencing the Note 2 and I bought mine long before the Note 2 was a thought. If you don't like MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE that fine and I'd appreciate you badgering someone else into liking the flygrip. If my experience came with all the fan fare you keep shoving at me, I would've bought more.
Old November 13th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hey if any of you would like to try out a ThingSling, I put up a temporary page with 40% off for members of Android Forums. Valid until midnight Friday.

http://www.thingsling.com/friends/

Enter promocode "androidforums40"

Let me know if you have any other questions.

We hope you love it :-)
michael
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
dyh
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Thanks Michael, what the hell, I'll try one I'll still have to get a case, but it will probably be a better one than the cases Fly Grip has. Case or not, $7.75 is still a deal compared to $30 for a device like this.

User GNOTE2, you're being rude.
twospirits likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to dyh For This Useful Post:
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #20 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC EVO 4G

Just to toss this out there. I used the kickstand on my OG Evo in a similar fashion. Just flip it out and you can grip it with your fingers. That being said I would imagine the Seidio cases with the kickstands would offer a similar feel. The Flygrip would be awesome if it rotated so you could go from portrait to landscape in one fluid motion.
sponsored links
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero-P

Quote:

Thank You for posting this. I've read so many horror stories about taking them off, but it looks very simple assuming you're a little patient.
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid X, Samsung Note 2
Carrier: Verizon

Ordered the discounted Sling Thing/
I "think" it's thin enough to fit behind the ProClip car mount I have. It would be nice if it was low profile enough. If placed just high enough, it should still dock in the Samsung smart dock without interference. Well, that is all my plans, hope it fits with it suck to the back of my phone. I don't use cases.
Last edited by serpa4; November 13th, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
You're talking about a video referencing the Note 2 and I bought mine long before the Note 2 was a thought. If you don't like MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE that fine and I'd appreciate you badgering someone else into liking the flygrip. If my experience came with all the fan fare you keep shoving at me, I would've bought more.
I am actually trying to be fair on what this product represents and claims. I feel like i need to correct you on your assumptions of FlyGrip being bad for your phone...

also if you are saying that your experience was using another phone than the NOTE 2 then you are responding in the wrong section of the forums...This is the NOTE 2 forums and that should be limited to that, specially when there is a video specifically showing how the FlyGrip product demonstrated with the Note 2......

Not being rude , just enlightening the subject....
Last edited by GNOTE2; November 13th, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyh View Post
Thanks Michael, what the hell, I'll try one I'll still have to get a case, but it will probably be a better one than the cases Fly Grip has. Case or not, $7.75 is still a deal compared to $30 for a device like this.

User GNOTE2, you're being rude.
Groovy. Let us know how you like it :-)
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #25 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hey everyone. I'm Michael from flygrip. Any questions or concerns that you have about my product, you are free to email me at info@flygrip.com. I always browse the forums to see what's going on, to check out the latest roms and phone news & discussions. I am glad to see a discussion about flygrip and other products on the market.

Regarding removal, we have shown both using a blunt flat edge as well as just slowly pulling the flygrip off. Both methods work as demonstrated on YouTube. When applied to a tpu case, it is even easier to remove because you can just kinda bend the case and slowly peel the flygrip off. I try to do videos showing the various benefits and concerns of my product. We offer a money back guarantee, so there is little risk on the consumer's part of trying out flygrip. If you go to Inmotion stores at the airport, you can try it out prior to purchasing.

My product is made 100% in the USA(long island to be exact).

Scandlex, of course I take offense to what you said. May I ask if you returned flygrip? Please provide your order number and I will gladly send you a prepaid return label so I can refund you.

I met the owners at thingsling at ctia wireless show this year.. Good guys. All of us are working hard, taking risks to make something great and useful for everyone, and hopefully help the economy out at the same time. I am proud to say that we hired 15 people this summer at our pop up flygrip shop at the South Street Seaport. Glad to see thingsling is made in USA as well. We need to see more of that.

I couldn't let this discussion go without adding my 2 cents.

If any of you have any questions, feel free to email.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flygrip For This Useful Post:
Jocelyn84 (November 13th, 2012), mntom (December 2nd, 2012), twospirits (November 22nd, 2012)
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #26 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2 w/ T-Mobile

ok I'm interested in the fly grip thing... But I just bought this on ebay

Original Samsung Galaxy Note 1 2 II N7100 Vehicle Car Mount Dock Holder Cradle | eBay

Does anyone know if that will work with the flygrip and the case they send along with it?
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #27 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC EVO 4G

One thing to consider with any of these devices is that you will lose the ability to use a vehicle dock and possible a desk top dock.
twospirits likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to acrbill For This Useful Post:
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #28 (permalink)

The FlyGrip guy and I both seem to think it might still work with the universal car mount off ebay. So I bought a green flygrip and then bought a green replacement phone back off ebay for $9. So even if it's not easily removable I'll be ok

I'm so excited! Hope they both get here soon! I'll report back with my love/hate conclusion
Miss Aloha likes this.
Old November 14th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #29 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T), Archos 80 G9
Carrier: AT&T (home of dumbed down devices)

I will add the Seidio Active Case has that rear "kickstand" that can double duty as an aid in one handed holding the device

Old November 14th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s):

First, thanks to DYH for kicking off this discussion. I'm David Block with HandAble. It's completely understandable for folks to have apprehension about using some of these devices on there expensive mobile devices. Products like Flygrip, Thing Sling and HandAble are fairly new to the market, and there is (in our experience) a bit of a learning curve to understand how they work, and how secure they will be on your devices.

Speaking for HandAble, we have spent an enormous amount of time (nearly 2 years in our case) making HandAble as secure as can be, while making the removal of our product fairly effortless, leaving NO residual adhesive on your phone. We use a 3M product that has a Very High Bond, but comes off with no mess.

Our adhesive will work on your phones back, and most cases. There are some materials, though, that pose a problem, such as Gel Cases which tend to have a 'silky' finish. But, if your case has a smooth hard shell back, your good to go.

I'm sure the good folks at Flygrip and Thing Sling have put their products through the same rigorous testing that we have. And, after almost 2 years of development we're confident that HandAble is as comfortable a feel, and secure a hold, as you'll get in a mobile device holder.

If you're in Southern California, you can find us Sundays through the holidays at the Orange County Marketplace in Costa Mesa.
twospirits likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to HandAble For This Useful Post:
sponsored links
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #31 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hello all. I'm a user of HandAble. I have one on my phone as well as my I-Pad. Being that the HandAble works on the I-Pad and I don't have issues of it slipping off, I think that speaks to the durability and how well it attaches to the devices. It's also comfortable to use and doesn't bite into my fingers like other, harder material holders would. Based on my experiences so far, I would use the HandAble on any of my hand-held devices...I hope this review helps with your decisions.

Thanks,
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

I could see one of the cats going after that string on the Handable and getting my fingers instead! Evil little monsters...

I think it would be a great marketing ploy for all three devices to sell or give an options of a cheap extra phone backing. That way it would wipe away any worries/doubts about the adhesive messing anything up.

I just ordered one off ebay for $8. I bet if you were to buy in bulk you could get that price down and it would add to the consumer experience
The Following User Says Thank You to JAJameson2010 For This Useful Post:
HandAble (November 14th, 2012)
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #33 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Extra Phone Backing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJameson2010 View Post
I could see one of the cats going after that string on the Handable and getting my fingers instead! Evil little monsters...

I think it would be a great marketing ploy for all three devices to sell or give an options of a cheap extra phone backing. That way it would wipe away any worries/doubts about the adhesive messing anything up.

I just ordered one off ebay for $8. I bet if you were to buy in bulk you could get that price down and it would add to the consumer experience
------------------

LOL! Could make for a cute cat picture though. We realize that some people may not want to adhere anything to their phones, so we are doing just what you suggest... we've obtained stock of some very nice cases, and have begun to offer them, along with the purchase of a HandAble, for an additional $5. They will be added to our website early next week.
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default ThingSling phone mount

Johnny has also invented an integrated phone mount. ThingSling locks into place for a perfect fit. We've been doing a soft launch the last few weeks.

Here are a couple of pictures:

ThingSling's Photos | Facebook
ThingSling's Photos | Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrbill View Post
One thing to consider with any of these devices is that you will lose the ability to use a vehicle dock and possible a desk top dock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJameson2010 View Post
The FlyGrip guy and I both seem to think it might still work with the universal car mount off ebay. So I bought a green flygrip and then bought a green replacement phone back off ebay for $9. So even if it's not easily removable I'll be ok

I'm so excited! Hope they both get here soon! I'll report back with my love/hate conclusion
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #35 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2, S2, S3
Carrier: Rogers

Thing Sling looks the least ridiculous. But I'd rather just be extra careful - for free.
Old November 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #36 (permalink)

Device(s):

As a newcomer to the mobile device hand/finger grip space, we're really excited about the foundation that folks like Flygrip, Handable, and ThingSling have laid for this new product category/segment.

At HANDeBand, we've addressed the same challenge as our colleagues have, however, we've attempted to bring other dimensions to table including:
  • Flexible Bands - made from super comfortable, soft gloss rubberized urethane or "tactical" TPR. They gently, but securely open to accommodate different finger sizes, and snap back to form every time. We also have three different sizes
  • 360 degree rotation x 360 degree pivoting - allowing for each individual to find the perfect position for themselves
  • Quick detach - Allowing for easy pocket placement, when needed
  • Kickstand - Vertical or horizontal (similar to Flygrip)
  • Universal interchangeability - Any size / color band will fit on our Universal Base Fastening disk. More coming here soon.
  • Value 2-pack - One for your phone, one for your eReader/Tablet. Retail: $28.95 for the 2-pack.
  • 100% "No Questions Asked" Money Back Guarantee. Pre-paid return shipping label. Free replacement adhesive.

When our bands are attached, our form factor is slightly shorter than Flygrip when it's open. We definitely like the collapse-ability that Flygrip brings to the table, and while we did not design our generation 1 bands to collapse, we did make them detachable for those looking for the streamlined pocket-ability.

We look forward to working with our colleagues at Flygrip, ThingSling, Handable, and the other folks in the market space to help people truly unleash the power of their handheld devices and fully enjoy the new freedom that comes from not having to actually *hold* your phone/device when using it.

Thanks for listening. Free free to stop by our website and email us if you have any questions!

Kelly, HANDeBand CS
twospirits likes this.
Last edited by HANDeBand; November 14th, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HANDeBand For This Useful Post:
HandAble (November 15th, 2012), twospirits (November 22nd, 2012)
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
dyh
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

So far the Thing Sling and FlyGrip look the best to me for the fact that you can hold the device at the fingertips, especially for using something like a Note 2. They are also collapsible. For tablets I'd be interested in trying the Bunker Ring, or maybe the larger Thing Sling.

I really think the Fly Grip should be cheaper though, and not sell for what the market will bear. In my case it's just too much. It comes with a case, but I'd rather choose my own case. Hopefully the Thing Sling will do what I need.
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #38 (permalink)

I like the low profile of the Sling Thing. "Should" fit in my pocket without issues. The thinner the better IMO.
donec likes this.
Old November 17th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #39 (permalink)

Sling thing arrived this evening. It is thinner than I had imagined which is good. I don't think it will be obtrusive at all when you put the phone in your pocket. No moving parts or hinges. The strap is nice an firm and should hold the phone to your fingers well; snug, but not tight. The width of the strap pocket should allow you to adjust the rotation of the phone for the best fit.
It will definitely fit in the air gap between the ProClip car mount and the back of the phone, sweet. Now I just need my VZW Note 2 and the media dock so I can measure how high it needs to be to clear the back of the media dock rest.

Haven't used it, but seems well designed, not flimsy, low profile, not obtrusive so no one will look at it and go what the heck is that.
twospirits likes this.
Last edited by serpa4; November 17th, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old November 17th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #40 (permalink)

Device(s):

Why would anyone put something so ugly onto the phone?
sponsored links
Old November 17th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #41 (permalink)
dyh
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Cool, thanks for the update. So you think the device will be stable and one-handed operation will work well when holding the Thing Sling at the fingertips, even with the size and weight of the Note 2?

Personally I could care less how my cell phone looks (within reason of course ; function over form as far as I'm concerned!
twospirits likes this.
Old November 17th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc.EVOlution View Post
Why would anyone put something so ugly onto the phone?
Ugly is so completely subjective.
However, the Sling Thing is the less "strange/out of place" looking one.
I'll let you know if it holds the phone securely or not. I don't get the verizon phone till 27Nov.
twospirits likes this.
Last edited by serpa4; November 17th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #43 (permalink)

Device(s):

One other important point... Aside from your ability to maneuver your hand to any position with HandAble, one other feature not found in other phone holders is HandAble's color interchangeability. We've designed the colored "button" to be swapped out easily to suit your mood.
twospirits likes this.
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #44 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default 40% off coupon extended

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the great feedback and input! We really are just business noobs trying to do it right. Deliver a great product (ethically) and take good care of our customers.

We had such a great response, we've decided to extend the 40% off coupon for forum participants. Go to this secret page to get the deal: http://www.thingsling.com/friends/. Valid until Friday midnight.

Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels out there!
michael
Old November 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyintl View Post
Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the great feedback and input! We really are just business noobs trying to do it right. Deliver a great product (ethically) and take good care of our customers.

We had such a great response, we've decided to extend the 40% off coupon for forum participants. Go to this secret page to get the deal: http://www.thingsling.com/friends/. Valid until Friday midnight.

Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels out there!
michael
My SlingThing does NOT say "Sling_Sling" on the back like some photos show. Thank you. You might want to offer that choice to customers. As much as I "think" I'm going to like your product, I don't like advertizing it. I.e. dealer sticker and license plate frames are the 1st to go on all my cars. I don't do bumper stickers and If I have anything to do about it, my phone will not have Verizon across the home button for long.

twospirits likes this.
Last edited by serpa4; November 18th, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to serpa4 For This Useful Post:
hardyintl (November 18th, 2012)
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #46 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi Serpa!

We totally agree. We're currently reworking our website and plan to include this option soon.

Thank you :-)
twospirits likes this.
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #47 (permalink)

Device(s):

Flygrip just came in the mail today - I have to wait another 10 days before I can slap it on my Verizon Note 2, but I will answer back with my results.

I'm a little worried about how the Flygrip will work in conjunction with one of those fancy Flip covers (such as this one: Samsung Flip Cover for Galaxy Note 2 - Android Flip-Lid Cases - ShopAndroid), but since the Flygrip comes with a case, i do have a backup plan
Old November 19th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelVlaster View Post
Flygrip just came in the mail today - I have to wait another 10 days before I can slap it on my Verizon Note 2, but I will answer back with my results.

I'm a little worried about how the Flygrip will work in conjunction with one of those fancy Flip covers (such as this one: Samsung Flip Cover for Galaxy Note 2 - Android Flip-Lid Cases - ShopAndroid), but since the Flygrip comes with a case, i do have a backup plan
I guess it would depend on if you use the cover dangling or folded behind the phone. I think it might make the cover lift up quite a bit when folded behind the phone. The mounting the flygrip further away from the cover hinge will make it better.
Old November 20th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #49 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpa4 View Post
I guess it would depend on if you use the cover dangling or folded behind the phone. I think it might make the cover lift up quite a bit when folded behind the phone. The mounting the flygrip further away from the cover hinge will make it better.
Thanks that's a good point. To be honest I've never had a flip cover like this so I'm not sure how I'll use. I'm right handed so it should work out if I just let the cover dangle, but I wonder how difficult it will be to put my left hand through the flygrip, when I want to use the stylus with my right.

Only one way to find out.
Old November 20th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelVlaster View Post
Thanks that's a good point. To be honest I've never had a flip cover like this so I'm not sure how I'll use. I'm right handed so it should work out if I just let the cover dangle, but I wonder how difficult it will be to put my left hand through the flygrip, when I want to use the stylus with my right.

Only one way to find out.
Well, you can use the fly in the left hand, but the cover will rest across you palm/forearm. The concern would be how stiff the cover is. If it's really molded to close, then when laying across your palm/forearm, it will want to close itself. That could be frustrating. Keep everyone informed.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2