Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 13th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Verizon

Default New to Android. Need suggestions on App

Hi there,

I'm on pre-order for the Galaxy Note 2 with Verizon, and would like some advice on the best way to use my Note for a work application.

I would like to somehow load a copy of one of my work forms onto my Note that I can access via the home screen. I want to be able to tap each specific line on the form where I can fill in the information using the S-pen. I would also want the ability to swipe the screen to get to the backside of the form, which will be blank, to write additional comments. Then have the ability to list all completed forms by "name" into an index list. I would also like to be able to send each completed form to a printer.

I know that having someone creat an app for me is possible but I dont have the resources to spend a thousand dollars or more having this done. I'm also not the most tech savy guy in the world so was wondering if there's an app avaiable that can do this for me with relatively simple to follow direction.

Any suggestions would be appraciated.

sponsored links
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II Asus Transformer Prime
Carrier: Not Provided

You won't be able to do all that without someone writing an app for you, so you should re-think your workflow and fit it to what's available rather than the other way around.

What format are your 'work forms' in? If they're Word documents then you could add a section for comments to them and use an app like OfficeSuite to edit them. If they're PDFs, again you could add a section for the comments and there are numerous PDF apps that let you fill in PDF forms.

Save them all in a dedicated folder and the list of files in that folder could be your index.

The only app that lets you write 'on the back' of things is the Samsung one that lets you write on photos, but this is a custom app they created to show off the phone's features so it isn't likely to be something that anyone else does. Digital files don't have a 'back', Samsung have just made it look like they do.

Printing will be a problem. If you have a Canon wireless printer there's a Canon app that can print photos and some PDFs to it, but most apps don't have a 'print' function (not that I've seen anyway).
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II SIM Free. GT-N7100. OS 4.1.2 JB
Carrier: UK '3' Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelviticus View Post

Printing will be a problem. If you have a Canon wireless printer there's a Canon app that can print photos and some PDFs to it, but most apps don't have a 'print' function (not that I've seen anyway).

Try Printershare from

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dynamixsoftware.printershare&featur e=nav_result#?t=W10.
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Printing app

You can also try google cloud print. Once you set it up, you can print from any computer anywhere using the chrome extension and there is even an app in the play store

www.google.com/cloudprint

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pauloslf.cloudprint&hl=en

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2