Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Lockscreen notifications

Hello I just bought an note 2. I was wondering if theres a way you can add text messages, missed call, and other stuffs notifications on lockscreen. Everytime i received a text or a missed call, it would show up as only an icon on the lockscreen. I wanted to show who texts me and preview of the messages or who called me. kinda like almost iphone notifications for lockscreen. I dont want to unlock the phone by entering pw just to go see the messages especially when im driving. My old android phones shows notifications. but my note 2 just show icons... I tried widgetlocker lockscreen apps but its weird and confusing.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

i DL'd Go SMS and it shows part of a text received in the lock screen.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 10:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

I was looking the same thing but I can't get any notification on the log screen. I try everything and did not work! I'm going back to my old iphone.
Most of tbe time im on the road and I have to unlock the screen and see my email, miss call and SMS. Too much click to see the notification. Not happy with android.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 11:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

i know... i do not want to download go sms it kinda add extra lag..
Old November 22nd, 2012, 11:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

and also defeat the purpose of split screen on stock text messages if i dl go sms
Old November 23rd, 2012, 05:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

NotifierPro is an excellent option, though it can be very buggy.

The author does not own a Galaxy Note II so it is difficult for him to fix the problems.

Still, it will do exactly what you want it to do with the lockscreen.
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Lockscreen notifications

Hi.

Nicolas from Productigeeky here, creator of NotifierPro.

You may want to try our last app LockerPro Lockscreen, it does pretty much what you are asking for.

There is a lite free version.

Regards.
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3 AT&T
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Productigeeky View Post
Hi.

Nicolas from Productigeeky here, creator of NotifierPro.

You may want to try our last app LockerPro Lockscreen, it does pretty much what you are asking for.

There is a lite free version.

Regards.
Hi Nicolas,

I have two questions.

1. I noticed in your permissions that the app doesn't let the phone go to sleep, I imagine this kills the battery fast?

2. When I receive a notification when the screen is off, will the screen awaken to show me the notification without me touching the phone? I'd like this option so while I'm driving I can just glance down at the display to see who has contacted me.

Thank you
Old November 28th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risley View Post
Hi Nicolas,

I have two questions.

1. I noticed in your permissions that the app doesn't let the phone go to sleep, I imagine this kills the battery fast?

2. When I receive a notification when the screen is off, will the screen awaken to show me the notification without me touching the phone? I'd like this option so while I'm driving I can just glance down at the display to see who has contacted me.

Thank you
1. This permission is here to allow the phone to wake up when you receive a notification. If you don't want that, uncheck "Wake device up" in the notification options.

2. This is the same option
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II
Carrier: AT&T

I tested out the lockerpro lockscreen app, it is quite buggy. In order to use, you have to disable Air View. The exact wordings are TalkBack and Air View cannot be both enabled. This is kind of strange, because TalkBack was not enabled, it was just Lockerpro.

After it was setup, the lock screen acted funny. After the screen was off, the first time trying to wake up the phone, it will start to lite up and than go back to black. That happens every single time. The second try would work. I get notification from SMS, but not from Email even though both Email and Gmail have the check marks. It looks like it could be a good product when all the bugs are worked out on Note II.
sponsored links
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcneed View Post
I tested out the lockerpro lockscreen app, it is quite buggy. In order to use, you have to disable Air View. The exact wordings are TalkBack and Air View cannot be both enabled. This is kind of strange, because TalkBack was not enabled, it was just Lockerpro.

After it was setup, the lock screen acted funny. After the screen was off, the first time trying to wake up the phone, it will start to lite up and than go back to black. That happens every single time. The second try would work. I get notification from SMS, but not from Email even though both Email and Gmail have the check marks. It looks like it could be a good product when all the bugs are worked out on Note II.
Unfortunately you are experiencing known issues with latest Samsung phones and accessibility services. Those are bugs in Samsung's OS. Their dev team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. You would have exactly the same issues with Tasker, NoLed or Lightflow.

Here is manual fix for Talkback issues :
FAQ | Productigeeky

For lockscreen delay, you could try the "Home enabler" feature in the settings, it works the same as on WidgetLocker, giving higher priority to the lockscreen so it will launch faster and block clicks on the "Home" button.

Regards.
Last edited by Productigeeky; November 28th, 2012 at 02:54 PM.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2