Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default how to save to memory cards instead of internal

How do I setup the phone to save images and videos that I download on the internet to go directly to the memory card and not the internal memory. I been trying to play around with it but cannot seem to do it. Thanks.

btw, how come pictures that i downloaded on the internet does not show up on "My Files > Images" but only in "Gallery."

sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Look into my Eye

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 Galaxy S4 Galaxy Tab 10.1
Carrier: AT&T

The images you download are in your "my files" --> all files --> extSdCard --> download folder. No idea why they are not in the images selection

As for saving on the sdcard, open "Internet" press menu and select settings then Advanced. Check default storage and change to memory card
Last edited by james27007; November 19th, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

ok, i think i might of gotten it. the "My files" are very specific and the pictures will not pop up if you don't specify an actual path. Thank you james.
Old November 20th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hey guys/gals! On a fairly related topic (Sorry if this is in the wrong thread), I just downloaded Google Play Music to My Computer over the weekend. I wanted to upload all of my old Itunes songs to Google Play (cloud) so I can access them without needing my Ipod. I have uploaded all of the songs and everything is great so far. However, on my phone I do not see an option to save the songs to my SD Card. Not cool, as we all know the GN2 only has 16 GBs. Does anyone know how I can load the songs to my SD card without rooting my phone? I don't mind having to stream them if I have to since I have unlimited data with Sprint (I know they must HATE me for that reason...), but would prefer to save them to the SD card if possible. Thanks in advance!
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Look into my Eye

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 Galaxy S4 Galaxy Tab 10.1
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceleerooy View Post
Hey guys/gals! On a fairly related topic (Sorry if this is in the wrong thread), I just downloaded Google Play Music to My Computer over the weekend. I wanted to upload all of my old Itunes songs to Google Play (cloud) so I can access them without needing my Ipod. I have uploaded all of the songs and everything is great so far. However, on my phone I do not see an option to save the songs to my SD Card. Not cool, as we all know the GN2 only has 16 GBs. Does anyone know how I can load the songs to my SD card without rooting my phone? I don't mind having to stream them if I have to since I have unlimited data with Sprint (I know they must HATE me for that reason...), but would prefer to save them to the SD card if possible. Thanks in advance!

There is a way to save the songs for off-line play (can't remeber what setting, but it is in the settings somewhere), but it saves the files with weird names and no song info. It would be better to just transfer them to your phone and play them there or go 100% to the cloud
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

I was thinking that may need to be the case. Might just stick with the Cloud because it's easier/I'm lazy. Thanks for the help though!
Old November 20th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB Titanium on O2 UK with 64GB Sandisk class 10 micro SD card
Carrier: O2-UK

Send a message via ICQ to Liam548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceleerooy View Post

When I plug my note 2 into my laptop it comes up under my computer, I have the option of Phone memory or sd card. Cant you just copy the music folder direct to the sd card, thats what I did with my music, it never had to go via the phone memory.

edit: unless this is something different with google play music only running on phone..
Last edited by Liam548; November 20th, 2012 at 02:24 PM.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2