Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Alcatel 918D
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via Skype™ to Bunter221
Exclamation Accelerometer May Not be working--- HELP

I have had the Note 2 about a week, I enjoyed Android I changed from a Galaxy Nexus phone to the Note 2.
I used these two apps on the Nexus and they worked fine, I have installed them on the Note 2 and neither work as they previously did on the Nexus - the pedometer doesn't count all the steps (way short) and the Sleep app doesn't register movements nor generate the correct graphs.
I am ready to send the phone back so I need some helpful tests.

My guess is you will love the free apps from Google Play any way!

Walkroid Free and
Sleep Time - Alarm Clock by Azumio !

I would appreciate it if someone could run these two apps and let me know if it works for you as outlined and a simple nightís sleep with the phone face down will cover the Sleep app and walk 100 steps with the phone in your pocket and see if it counts the steps ok.
The accelerometer seemed not to be functioning properly and as it was new I thought if it was a mechanical switch it may improve.
I just walked 1.2 km and it shows 50 steps. At the half way point I changed the phones position and it was worse on the return walk!
Both theses apps worked flawlessly on the Nexus and I used them both daily!
I firstly contacted the Sleep app developer but realised it could actually be a faulty phone.
I hope you can help as I donít want to be stuck with a faulty phone if I can get another!
Thanks those who do this for me!

sponsored links

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Tags
accelerometer, g sensor, test

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2