Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By schimm
  • 1 Post By schimm

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 20th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt, LG Spectrum, Galaxy Note 2 Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Default Extended Battery Review

I purchased this generic extended battery from Amazon the other day. I seen a review from a member here and I decided to try it out. I was a bit skeptical because it is a generic battery and I have had bad luck with those in the past. I must say that i am very pleased with the performance of this battery. As you will see in the provided screen shots, the life was pretty good. I would also like to note that the battery door does have the nfc.The only down side is that the cover is slick and there aren't any cases that I have found to fit the phone with this battery. For the price I think this is just fine for those who are going on a road trip and don't want the hassle of charging they're phones. I consider myself a medium to heavy user and on my stock battery I normally get around 12 hours of use.

Amazon link Amazon.com: 7600mAh Extended Battery + Black Cover for Samsung N7100 Galaxy Note II 2 (Not for AT&T and T-mobile): Cell Phones & Accessories

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old December 20th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Note II
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wow! Any pics of the actual phone? Is the village annoying? Abs why wouldn't it work for Tmobile?
Old December 20th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Rezound, Droid X, Xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Im getting the 6,200 mah Hyperion with the matching TPU case today. We'll see how that works out. I can certainly live with the current battery but I always check the extended ones out. Especially since I'm not blessed with powerful nearby towers.
Old December 20th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4,Galaxy S3,Galaxy S2 skyrocket, Samsung infuse, Galaxy note, Galaxy note 2.
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by schimm View Post
Im getting the 6,200 mah Hyperion with the matching TPU case today. We'll see how that works out. I can certainly live with the current battery but I always check the extended ones out. Especially since I'm not blessed with powerful nearby towers.
I have the 6200 Hyperion and I love it. Getting about 2 days 7+ hours out of it with heavy use(10+ hours of screen time). Only thing I don't like about it is the shape of the cover. It will be really hard to find a case for it.
Old December 20th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas4420 View Post
I have the 6200 Hyperion and I love it. Getting about 2 days 7+ hours out of it with heavy use(10+ hours of screen time). Only thing I don't like about it is the shape of the cover. It will be really hard to find a case for it.
Received the battery and TPU case via USPS....packaging was undamaged, put the battery in and the case on and the case immediately broke near the top. Well, that didn't take long. This is the part of the back where you have the camera and headphone jack openings so there is not much plastic. So, whatever there is needs to be well made and it certainly wasn't. Didn't force anything.....everything snapped into place easily. Including the top of the cover. This is not a pliable plastic compared to stock but somewhat more brittle. And very thin. Sent a return RMA request via Amazon. Too bad, I like the feel of the thing but mine obviously wasn't made well.
Old December 20th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4,Galaxy S3,Galaxy S2 skyrocket, Samsung infuse, Galaxy note, Galaxy note 2.

The brittle ends on the case seem to be that way with every extended battery I buy sadly.
Old December 20th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Rezound extended/cover added a lot of heft to the phone given the huge battery. But it was built like a rock. I knew just by looking at the Hyperion that I was looking at trouble. Normally I would ask for a replacement but this doesn't look sturdy to me.
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Gold 4000mah battery

This battery is on Amazon for about 15 dollars...made in Japan. Fits like original item battery form factor.

Any good?
Old December 24th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Received my replacement battery cover today. Manufacturer was nice enough to also send a second battery and did not ask me to send the broken case back. This went on without problems. BTW, on the case that broke I also noticed two tabs broke off very easily when I pushed against them. Hopefully this won't crumble in a few months. No big deal though since this purchase didn't cost a lot.

Don't care for the TPU case much. The edges seem to rest at the edge of my Spigen shield and I figure it would just be a matter of time before it pinched the shield back from the glass. The edge of the TPU is rigid and thin which makes me doubt it will pay nicely with the Spigen. And I had a hella time applying it in the first place. Including one trashed shield. So the TPU case remains off.
Old December 25th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

OP, what's the screen time? To be honest, those battery stats aren't that great for a battery that size. I've gotten simular results on my stock battery.
sponsored links
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

First full day with my 6,200 mAh Hyperion. My signal levels aren't the best in the world........

Big Boi likes this.
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

Just ordered this for my Hyperion extended battery. Had the battery/case for my S3 and loved it!

Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy Note II Extended Battery HoneyComb Kickstand TPU Case Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old December 27th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

I got it. If you use a screen shield keep an eye on it. The edge of the TPU sits right on the edge of the shield so if it is one that peels away easily it may do so. I had some misgivings but the Spigen Oleophobic is on petty tight and so far no problems. The case definitely makes the phone easier to handle. The stand juts out a bit but doesn't get in the way of handling the phone. If you want a case for the extended battery this is the only game in town.

Btw, 4.5 hours of screen time and a 24 hours of use and I'm still over 50 percent battery. Way better than what I was getting.
Veritas4420 likes this.
Last edited by schimm; December 27th, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old December 28th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas4420 View Post
Just ordered this for my Hyperion extended battery. Had the battery/case for my S3 and loved it!

Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy Note II Extended Battery HoneyComb Kickstand TPU Case Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
I ordered one of those yesterday and I cant wait to get it. I hated using the extended battery with no case on my phone for protection. I also ordered a spare wall charger for my Mugen extended battery. Right now I have 3 spare batteries to rotate with. I also noticed that Seidio is releasing their 4500mah battery also.
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s): NOTE 2

Hey guys I want a larger battery in terms of capacity and was looking at 4100 mah. I want one that fits the original form of the phone and doesn't require a new bulky back cover. Any brands with slim Standard size batteries but with high capacity you can recommend saw a few on ebay from some 99.8% positive sellers?
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

I received my extended battery case today and I like it alot. I finally have some peace of mind when I use my extended battery.
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

I just received my replacement back cover and the Tpu case today. Replacement back fits awesome and so far no broken tabs. The Tpu case seems ok but the sides make noise when I hold it a certain way and the kickstand sticks out so my phone will now not sit flush on a table. I'd give the case 3/5.
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:48 AM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Titanium Gray 16GB 64GB Sandisk Class 10 micro sd Otterbox Commuter Black

Really don't like those! Make the phone really really thick + there are no cases for them. Hyperion, yes there might be 1 that just about protects the back cover from getting scratched, whilst offering no protection for the actual phone.

Dropping the phone and smashing the screen means a 200/250 USD new screen/service is needed.

I have an otterbox commuter, it's great, and I just bought a few spare batteries. Keep one fully charged in my bag, but have never had to use it :P

Even if you're at work , and you're near a plug, just charge it, this might mean charging it even 2 times a day (not 200% of course), since it doesn't matter too much about the longevity of the battery since you can just swap it anyway
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:14 AM   #19 (permalink)

Actually the case works pretty well. Dropped my phone out of my lap getting out of my car and it flipped two or three times. Screen is good and only some scratches on the case. Very scary moment, especially since it was snowing.
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:34 AM   #20 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Titanium Gray 16GB 64GB Sandisk Class 10 micro sd Otterbox Commuter Black

Snow would've softened the fall, but cases for the note 2 really do need a decent lip over the edge to prevent any contact with the screen during a drop.
sponsored links
Old January 1st, 2013, 06:24 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyan333 View Post
Snow would've softened the fall, but cases for the note 2 really do need a decent lip over the edge to prevent any contact with the screen during a drop.
It didn't drop into snow, I was more worried about it being so wet from the melting snow. The lip on this case is sufficient for me.
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:36 PM   #22 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by iP0wN View Post
This battery is on Amazon for about 15 dollars...made in Japan. Fits like original item battery form factor.

Any good?
Anybody try one of these or one that fits the stock back cover?
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuDroid View Post
OP, what's the screen time? To be honest, those battery stats aren't that great for a battery that size. I've gotten simular results on my stock battery.
It's good for me because I normally get 12 hours out of my stock battery. So I am pleased.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:34 AM   #24 (permalink)

Device(s):

I buy one for USD$26.05 and it is good. My brother want to buy one so that I want to know how much is your extended battery?

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Dock Station - White | DSstyles
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Another update regarding my extended battery. I'm still loving it alot!!!

Old January 13th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #26 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Re: Extended Battery Review

How often do you keep wifi on?

Return of the Android
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesars View Post
How often do you keep wifi on?

Return of the Android
My wifi,gps and bluetooth stay on all the time..

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2