Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By roy5000x2
  • 1 Post By drexappeal

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 25th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Got the wireless charging system from Amazon, it won't work with my phone

Wife got it for me for Christmas. It's a replacement cover modified to work with the palm wireless charger. It is $76 which is really a ripoff even if it did work. Well yhe back cover doesn't fit and it doesn't charge the phone. There are two electrodes the stick out that get in the way of the cover closing and don't really seem to go anywhere. Just figured id let others know to save you the trouble. My wife is going to send it back of course.

Last edited by Thomas S; December 26th, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
sponsored links
Old December 25th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas S View Post
Wife got it for me for Christmas. It's a replacement cover modified to work with the palm wireless charger. It is $76 which is really a ripoff even if it did work. Well yhe back cover doesn't fit and it doesn't charge the phone. There are two electrodes the stick out that get in the way of the cover closing and don't really seem to go anywhere. Just figured id let others know to save you the trouble. My wife is going to send it back of course.
What version of the Note 2 were you using this on? Have pictures?
Old December 25th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuDroid View Post
What version of the Note 2 were you using this on? Have pictures?
Here's the link at Amazon:

Amazon.com: OEM Palm Touchstone Wireless Charge Dock+Grey Battery Door+Car Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100: Cell Phones & Accessories

Mine is a Verizon titanium. I haven't taken any pictures of it myself. I already boxed it up to ship back.
Old December 25th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4,Galaxy S3,Galaxy S2 skyrocket, Samsung infuse, Galaxy note, Galaxy note 2.
Carrier: AT&T

Make sure you leave a review! I was going to order this and now I'm glad I waited.
Old December 25th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Location: New York City is where my heart is but now I live in Delray Beach Florida

Device(s): Currently Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S3 4G LTE, Iphone 4 wifi only now, Ipad 2, HP laptop
Carrier: freakin' Verizon

Quote:

Amazon.com: OEM Palm Touchstone Wireless Charge Dock+Grey Battery Door+Car Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100: Cell Phones & Accessories

Mine is a Verizon titanium. I haven't taken any pictures of it myself. I already boxed it up to ship back.
that is too bad...it looks nice..
Old December 25th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

My wife has contacted the seller. I will let you all know what they say. Maybe they will send me a replacement that will work.
Old December 26th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:

The reason it doesn't work on your phone is because Verizon removed the wireless charging pins next to the battery. If you look at the last picture in the Amazon link where it shows the phone with the back cover off, you'll notice two gold pins to the right of the battery. Now take a look at your phone. Those two pins aren't there.

Just another way Verizon felt like giving us Note II owners a middle finger when they finally released the phone.
Veritas4420 likes this.
Old December 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Before you badmouth the product, a quick search (keywords: wireless charging) in these Note 2 forums would've lead you to the wireless charging thread (and many others), which would show you that the wireless charging won't work on US domestic Note 2's without modification (sadly, the Verizon Note 2 was found to not have the hidden connectors behind the plastic covering, whereas the Sprint and T-Mobile versions do):

Wireless charging
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy5000x2 View Post
The reason it doesn't work on your phone is because Verizon removed the wireless charging pins next to the battery. If you look at the last picture in the Amazon link where it shows the phone with the back cover off, you'll notice two gold pins to the right of the battery. Now take a look at your phone. Those two pins aren't there.

Just another way Verizon felt like giving us Note II owners a middle finger when they finally released the phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Before you badmouth the product, a quick search (keywords: wireless charging) in these Note 2 forums would've lead you to the wireless charging thread (and many others), which would show you that the wireless charging won't work on US domestic Note 2's without modification (sadly, the Verizon Note 2 was found to not have the hidden connectors behind the plastic covering, whereas the Sprint and T-Mobile versions do):

Wireless charging
Crapola. Actually, that thread is where I found the link. I guess I missed the part where it wouldn't work with Verizon note 2s.
Old December 27th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Crapola. Actually, that thread is where I found the link. I guess I missed the part where it wouldn't work with Verizon note 2s.
If you want more info, the XDA thread talks about it way more, since it's where the info got leaked that wireless charging can be made to work:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1945582&page=4

I can't seem to find the post that mentioned Verizon variant not having the connectors even hidden behind the plastic (like the Sprint version), but I guess it's up to you if you want to disassemble your phone to find out.
Thomas S likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
Thomas S (December 27th, 2012)
sponsored links

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2