Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 25th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Verizon

Default Email Syncing Issue

New to the Forum and just wanted to give a heads up to anyone that may be having a problem with syncing email to their phone.

I just spent a day or two wondering why my aol account stopped syncing to my phone. I kept getting a 503 service unavailable error but my gmail account was perfectly fine. I couldnt delete my aol account because it was the default account. I ended up creating a dummy account but used the manual setup option. Once i got to the incoming and outgoing server settings, I deleted the dummy name and put in my real aol account name. As soon as I was finished, all my email synced perfectly fine to my phone. I set it as the default account...but I still cannot delete the original account because it still says 503 service unavailable.

All in all, I found a workaround but its not right. Any thoughts as to why I had to do this?

sponsored links

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2