Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

New Android Wear, House and Home & Automotive forums!
Please report any threads you come across that should be moved to these new sections!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Why is Video poor

Why is the video so poor quality on the Note 2 when I record MMS or regular video I record and save.

The picture quality is so poor I can hardly tell what happening in the video if I didn't take it myself.

Sending video of daughter to mom for her viewing on MMS and she says the picture she can tell half the time what she is doing.

Any help on this please.

Thanks
Wolvie

sponsored links
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 7" 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 9,264 Times in 5,118 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie66 View Post
Why is the video so poor quality on the Note 2 when I record MMS or regular video I record and save.

The picture quality is so poor I can hardly tell what happening in the video if I didn't take it myself.

Sending video of daughter to mom for her viewing on MMS and she says the picture she can tell half the time what she is doing.

Any help on this please.

Thanks
Wolvie
We're seeing reports of this issue here and there in various Galaxy forums, especially the newer devices.

Mine are very good quality, as are many others. I'm beginning to wonder two things: 1. settings and video/photo environment differences, and 2. quality control at the factories and assembly plants where these devices are made.

I wonder that about a lot of posted issues that show up in the device forums, some reporting things that other users of the same device do not experience.

Meanwhile, let's see what others have to say.
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Not Provided

MMS is the issue. MMS has only a limmited size it can send in. It will use the lowest possible video resolution.

If you want to record good quality video then use the camera app and transfer to PC or share via Dropbox (once on Wi-Fi since HQ vids are large).

MMS is good for sending single pictures up to 2 megapixels or so. Anything else will be reduced.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2