Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

Notsure SGN2 on the fritz

So I've had my note for a little over 3 weeks now and at first the battery life was average. Like iPhone average which in my book is sub par. I found myself struggling to keep it alive towards the end of the day with lite use. i.e. web browsing, SMS, appygeek..etc. However recently the battery life will just spas out and drop 6%+ in an hour. I'm not sure why. I tried the trick where you reboot your phone while in airplane mode and then turn it on and take it out airplane mode and that didn't seem to help. I have very few apps like 30 and I'm for the most part using stock everything. I have no live wallpapers. I had the reach to check notifications on and I turned that off so I'll see if that's the culprit

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfazz95 View Post
So I've had my note for a little over 3 weeks now and at first the battery life was average. Like iPhone average which in my book is sub par. I found myself struggling to keep it alive towards the end of the day with lite use. i.e. web browsing, SMS, appygeek..etc. However recently the battery life will just spas out and drop 6%+ in an hour. I'm not sure why. I tried the trick where you reboot your phone while in airplane mode and then turn it on and take it out airplane mode and that didn't seem to help. I have very few apps like 30 and I'm for the most part using stock everything. I have no live wallpapers. I had the reach to check notifications on and I turned that off so I'll see if that's the culprit

A phone of that size dropping 6% in an hour is pretty normal if you ask me? Is that with use, or while idle? If its with use then you have to understand it takes some sort of battery life to power that giant screen, and how bright you have it also dictates how battery life would be.

Now if its while the phone is idle then look no further then things like...GPS, of course notifications, especially email if its checking for mail say every 15 minutes, Facebook if you use it, and anything else that you think would have the phone working when not turned on.

What was your previous device?
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

its been on for an hour and 30 min and dropped 13% with only 2min on the screen
Last edited by jfazz95; January 19th, 2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: image upload fail
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): .......VZW....... Note II...w00t!!! Galaxy Nexus...retired HTC Tbolt...Good Riddance

Too many things that could be causing battery drain. As someone suggested in a post down the page, back up everything and do a factory reset and see how it does.

I just got mine and can't believe how awesome the battery life is. Kicks the crap out of my Galaxy Nexus with extended battery. I actually have gone 2 days with average use on the same charge. WOW.....
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

i'll try that.
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

a blackberry tour. this is my first android phone but i bought the nexus 7 the day it came out. i dont use facebook and i never have gps on. it was dropping 6-10% an hour with slight use like sending a message and i keep my brightness at 40%
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Verizon Schmishmizon

What kind of building are you in during the day? Just because you have a lot of bars doesn't mean data isn't being a bad drain.

At my work we get fine voice signal, but the data is killer. Once I installed a wifi router in my office, my battery went from being 40% at the end of the day to over 80.
Old January 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): LG Ally, Droid X, HTC Rezound, LG Spectrum, Galaxy S3

Default Re: SGN2 on the fritz

An app like GSam can tell you which apps, if any, are draining your battery. I discovered Amazon App store was sucking mine down.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Tags
bad, battery, galaxy, note 2, poor, samsung

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2