Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Headphones volume too low

Hi,

Newby on this forum

On the samsung galaxy note 2, model gt-n7105. When I connect headphones to the phone and use it to make calls the volume is too low, although it is on max in the call settings.. I have tried a few headphones including the ones you get with the phone and same issue..

Any help on getting the volume level up?.

Thanks in advance all..

Adeel.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 2, HTC Sensation

Send a message via AIM to mygt8a4re

your phone is the international version LTE phone, unless my SGH-T889 is different for some reason: If I have the in call volume, with headset in, higher than 50% it hurts my ears. Check to be sure your headphone jack is pushed in all the way. Also check to be sure your in call volume is all the way up by hitting the upper volume rocker while in call and seeing that the level is at max (wich I normally wouldnt recommend to anyone that doesnt want to damage thier ears). If you are having issues still I would trade in your N2 for a new device where you purchased it from! Best of luck!
Last edited by mygt8a4re; January 22nd, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old January 24th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note II, had HTC Flyer and Nexus 4

When I connect my headphones I have to use the volume rocker to increase the volume and I get a message that too much volume can hurt your ears but I go just past this warning as I have bad hearing already. Too many jet engines screaming at me.
Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 14 KDE
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygt8a4re View Post
your phone is the international version LTE phone, unless my SGH-T889 is different for some reason: If I have the in call volume, with headset in, higher than 50% it hurts my ears. Check to be sure your headphone jack is pushed in all the way. Also check to be sure your in call volume is all the way up by hitting the upper volume rocker while in call and seeing that the level is at max (wich I normally wouldnt recommend to anyone that doesnt want to damage thier ears). If you are having issues still I would trade in your N2 for a new device where you purchased it from! Best of luck!
Thanks.

I got this from T-Mobile so it should be a UK compatible version. The headphones are fully plugged in and I get the message Headphones are connected when I insert them in..

I think I may have to pop into an EE shop and get it checked out..
Old January 24th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 2, HTC Sensation

Send a message via AIM to mygt8a4re

A couple other things to try before letting anyone possibly dig into your personal information on your phone...
Phone, settings button, call settings, "Use extra vol. for calls"....
After trying that, in the same settings above, hit "addtional settings", and try "Noise reduction" both selected and not selected (obviosly wichever was not being used first). Somtimes one or the other can reduce volume overall....
Lastly, try another set of headphones, like an aftermarket set and let us know if there is any change...
Also, this may not be possible, but if you have a friend with the same phone you can try your headset in their phone or thier headset in your phone....
Im a firm believer in process of elimination. Ive been doing it for 22 years at my job and 99% of the time I find the problem before making a costly or timely mistake! (I do not deal with cell phones, but the process can be used in just about every senario)
Last edited by mygt8a4re; January 24th, 2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: holy spelling errors, heheh

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Tags
samsung note 2, volume fix, volume level, volume low

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2