Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default help, Note 2 automatically bypassing lock screen

Hey guys, recently (today 1/28) i noticed my T-mobile galaxy note 2 automatically bypasses the lock screen whenever the screen wakes up (so no ripple effects, and i have no lock or pin or pattern set, so just a swipe would work). So I tried setting up a pattern lock, and similar thing happens. The phone would wake up, go to home screen for a split second, then returns back to the lock screen with the pattern lock.

I was wondering, does anyone know whats wrong with this?

Extra information: I used to have GO launcher on it with their custom lock screen. However, I uninstalled everything already, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha438 View Post
Hey guys, recently (today 1/28) i noticed my T-mobile galaxy note 2 automatically bypasses the lock screen whenever the screen wakes up (so no ripple effects, and i have no lock or pin or pattern set, so just a swipe would work). So I tried setting up a pattern lock, and similar thing happens. The phone would wake up, go to home screen for a split second, then returns back to the lock screen with the pattern lock.

Extra information: I used to have GO launcher on it with their custom lock screen. However, I uninstalled everything already, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Have you tried restarting your phone or removing battery for a few sec?
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
Have you tried restarting your phone or removing battery for a few sec?
tried both now, none of them worked. But for some reason, this problem don't happen when the SD card is still not fully loaded during the early part of booting, but once the SD card is fully loaded, the problem returns
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
tried both now, none of them worked. But for some reason, this problem don't happen when the SD card is still not fully loaded during the early part of booting, but once the SD card is fully loaded, the problem returns
I'm sorry I cant be of any real help.
Used my lock screen once and that was only to help someone out.
I don't lock my phone at all.
But don't worry, if it's happened to one it's happened to someone else so somebody around these parts will be able to assist you.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:

Did you check to see if you actually have the stock lockscreen enabled?
Menu>Settings>LockScreen>Lock instantly with power key

If you're using a secure pin, then make sure "With swipe lock" is also enabled.
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Did you check to see if you actually have the stock lockscreen enabled?
Menu>Settings>LockScreen>Lock instantly with power key

If you're using a secure pin, then make sure "With swipe lock" is also enabled.
I don't have the option that says "lock instantly with power key". But after plugging in my headphone, it seems that the problem just fixed itself. So now no more bypassing the lock screen. BUT i also noticed a new glitch is happening. Now, whenever I open an app, Avast antivirus will say there is a problem detected, including flagging itself. Maybe it is their bug or maybe it is another glitch on my phone. Hopefully nothing serious will happen
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
I don't have the option that says "lock instantly with power key". But after plugging in my headphone, it seems that the problem just fixed itself. So now no more bypassing the lock screen. BUT i also noticed a new glitch is happening. Now, whenever I open an app, Avast antivirus will say there is a problem detected, including flagging itself. Maybe it is their bug or maybe it is another glitch on my phone. Hopefully nothing serious will happen
I use avast. Haven't had the same issue. Then again, I use widgetlocker. But, when I was using the OEM lockscreen, I didn't have the issue.
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GO launcher, while popular, can be a bit aggressive on taking over things, including the lock screen. You may be able to swat at this problem piece by piece, but it's likely that Go Launcher did something that TouchWiz assumed wouldn't happen. So the fault is neither one and both their faults at the same time. I'm curious, though--were you able to use the S pen features such as MultiView with Go (I'm assuming no)?

And here it comes: A factory reset should cure all your woes in this, but is a major pain in the rear. For the record, Nova Launcher is working well on my wife's Verizon GSIII with no lock screen oddities.
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 7" 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 9,265 Times in 5,119 Posts

Quote:

Do you have the "owner information" checkbox enabled in the lock screen menu?

After unchecking that, my lockscreen setup went back to normal following an experience similar to yours (screen blinking on and sometimes staying on, sometimes not, after locking).

I'm using Nova, but I think it was also occurring for the same reason in GoEx, although at that time I had not yet figured it out.

Old January 30th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Problem is completely solved now. Apparently, it is the result of a bug/glitch in a chinese music streaming app that I got from Google play. Also, thanks to everyone that replied to this.

On a side note, got any good launcher/locker combination that is both cheap and good (no rooting for now since this is still my first android phone).
sponsored links
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Problem is completely solved now. Apparently, it is the result of a bug/glitch in a chinese music streaming app that I got from Google play. Also, thanks to everyone that replied to this.

On a side note, got any good launcher/locker combination that is both cheap and good (no rooting for now since this is still my first android phone).
Nova Launcher and Widget Locker. Both made by the same developer. Both worth the price.

For me, I like widget locker a lot better than the stock locker, because I can use a downloaded locker that allows me to unlock with more ease (from halfway on the screen, rather than one side to another), using 1 hand.

XDA has tremendous support for Widgetlocker and there is a whole thread dedicated just to downloadable lockers that can be loaded for use.
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Nova Launcher and Widget Locker. Both made by the same developer. Both worth the price.

For me, I like widget locker a lot better than the stock locker, because I can use a downloaded locker that allows me to unlock with more ease (from halfway on the screen, rather than one side to another), using 1 hand.

XDA has tremendous support for Widgetlocker and there is a whole thread dedicated just to downloadable lockers that can be loaded for use.
I have noticed that a review of the widget locker said there is a problem regarding the home button unlocking the phone. Do you have this issue (or anyone else) or is this just an isolated problem?

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Tags
glitch, lock screen, note 2, problem, samsung

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2