Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): GN2 N-7100, TF Prime, 2013 Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Unhappy My Note 2 Just Died...or something. Help! :-(

I just went to pick my phone up off table...pushed the home button to wake it up...nothing. Pow button...nothing. Pulled and replaced the battery. Plugged it into AC power...nada. I h. sent a text a few minutes prior, and hadn't done anything else with the phone for a bit. Totally normal use all day. What the hell? :-( My battery was at 70-something percent. Anyone ever have this happen and find a way out? This is the international N7100 model btw.

I am rooted, but on a stock ROM...nothing fancy. I haven't made any root related tweaks or changes in a couple weeks.

Thoughts? Help??

Update...when pressing the power button for a few seconds I can see a red light flash in the ambient light/proximity sensor (not sure which is which) to the right of the speaker grill

Advertisements
Last edited by ODog2323; February 8th, 2013 at 07:42 PM.
sponsored links
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Rooted Galaxy Note 2, Transformer Prime
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,273 Posts
Default Re: My Note 2 Just Died...or something. Help! :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODog2323 View Post
I just went to pick my phone up off table...pushed the home button to wake it up...nothing. Pow button...nothing. Pulled and replaced the battery. Plugged it into AC power...nada. I h. sent a text a few minutes prior, and hadn't done anything else with the phone for a bit. Totally normal use all day. What the hell? :-( My battery was at 70-something percent. Anyone ever have this happen and find a way out? This is the international N7100 model btw.

I am rooted, but on a stock ROM...nothing fancy. I haven't made any root related tweaks or changes in a couple weeks.

Thoughts? Help??

Update...when pressing the power button for a few seconds I can see a red light flash in the ambient light/proximity sensor (not sure which is which) to the right of the speaker grill
Have you put it on the charger and try to charge for an hour or 2? Did you flash a custom recovery or make any sort of backup? Maybe something got corrupted with the stock, rooted rom.
Old February 9th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): GN2 N-7100, TF Prime, 2013 Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Yea, I left it on the charger for a good while. I've read about a few similar cases around the web. Haven't seen anything about possible solutions though. Not encouraged :-(

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2