Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 7", Upai N9880 6" Android Phone Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

mcampellone
Angry Capitalization problem limited to email app...

Please forgive me for asking this yet again, however in the two posts which were referenced on this board, no one actually ever answered anything and I am still looking for an answer.

I do a lot of emailing in the car, simply because of my job. Of course, since I'm driving, I always use speech-to-text. Here is my gripe...

When using the Gmail app, using speech to text WORKS PERFECTLY and starts the beginning of each new email with a capital letter.

When using the TEXT app, again, works perfectly.

When using Google Voice text app, once again, perfect.

HOWEVER - I use the built-in stock email app for my work Exchange email. When composing new voice emails, the first letter of the message WILL NOT CAPITALIZE. ONLY THE FIRST LETTER does this. As you continue to compose your email, all other sentences have no problem auto-capitalizing. And again, this is ONLY in the built-in email app.

I DEFINITELY HAVE *ALL* auto-cap selectors turned ON (in the Samsung keyboard, in the SwiftKey keyboard, etc. - all have auto-capitalization turned ON)...

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
I have, aside from the standards, SwiftKey Keyboard (full version) installed.

I have also tried: turning OFF all auto-capitalization, and rebooting the phone. Then trying it again. Then turning them all BACK ON, and rebooting the phone. This is still an issue.

And, since it ONLY affects the built-in mail app and not the other apps, WHY? I do NOT believe this to be a keyboard issue, or the problem would be the same in Google Mail, texting, etc.

And - again, sorry to ask this, but no one has ever provided a true "answer" to this issue, other than saying to "say PERIOD at the beginning of each new email to make the first word auto-capitalize", which I think is super lame for professional business email....

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it very much! It means a lot to me to get this fixed, because I use this TONS and TONS every day.

Thank you all for any possible help....

Mike

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Mike,

I wish I was answering your post with a solution. However, I do want to tell you that you are not alone. I have the exact same problem with a Verizon Note 2 and am looking for a solution. If I find one, I will post here.

Craig

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2