Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II
Carrier: AT&T

Confused Do apps function differently on different phones?

I have been researching sms apps and have been reading a ton of reviews. I tend to take note of reviews posted by GN2 users moreso than those posted by people with other phones. But, I do this without cause, I just do it. Do apps function differently on different phones?

Also, is there a way to research apps more efficiently than just reading reviews on the play store? I finally tried downloading a few and found that I really liked chomp sms but couldn't handle that I could not receive MMS messages and had problems sending some as well (it wouldn't let me send a screenshot because it was too big and it refused to compress the image like it normally does). I was bummed because everything else about that app had me hooked.

I have not yet downloaded the GO sms app, but the more recent reviews were negative (since its last update, it seems) and I strongly disliked the GO launcher so I guess that also tainted my thoughts on that app.

Handcent has poor recent reviews too.

Are they all going downhill? Can they function well on one type of phone and poorly on another (as a device-wide performance, not an individual phone basis)?

sponsored links

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2