Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 15th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Samsung Galaxy Note II 1080p TV Output?

Hello,

I asked the same question on Yahoo Answers before finding this forum, needless to say no one was able to help me out, so here's hoping for some solution from the experts.

I'm having difficulties displaying the screen contents on my Hitachi HDTV, of which only displays 1080p, and inturns displays green vertical lines.

There's no problems with my HDMI-to-HDMI cable, nor the HDTV Adapter, or the USB Power cable, since they all work just fine on my other 1080i HDTV display.

I even bought 2 cables which claimed to support 1080p HD, yet they gave the same results.

Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 7" 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 9,265 Times in 5,119 Posts

Welcome to Android Forums, Minami00.

Given that the input source setting is correct, and that the cable itself is not damaged, I'd suspect either heat or proximity to interference, such as the cable box, etc.

If you have access to another Note 2 (friend, etc), try it and if the same results occur then you can eliminate your Note 2 as the issue and can start tracking the problem one device/setting at a time.

It does sound strange.. but not unheard of, of course.

Old March 18th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
Welcome to Android Forums, Minami00.

Given that the input source setting is correct, and that the cable itself is not damaged, I'd suspect either heat or proximity to interference, such as the cable box, etc.

If you have access to another Note 2 (friend, etc), try it and if the same results occur then you can eliminate your Note 2 as the issue and can start tracking the problem one device/setting at a time.

It does sound strange.. but not unheard of, of course.
Thank you for trying to help out, Frisco!

I'm afraid I don't have access to other GNII since everyone around me, including myself is using iPhone, and I only bought the GN to use it specifically as a TV output to view online flash videos.

I tried to adjust whatever settings there was on the GN and the TV but nothing seems to work, so again I'm wondering if there's anyone on this forum who manged to connect their GN to their 1080p HDTV or not?

Is it possible to get a TV output from a 1080p, or does it only work with 1080i?
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): - T-Mobile Defy on AT&T 850/3G, or on T-Mo - AT&T Galaxy Note on AT&T - T-Mobile Gal Tab 7.0 Plus on

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note II 1080p TV Output?

Using a 3rd party cable, resolution output is dependent on the application generating the image.
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Using a 3rd party cable, resolution output is dependent on the application generating the image.
What kind of cable are you referring to? please post some links so I can buy it and try it out.
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): - T-Mobile Defy on AT&T 850/3G, or on T-Mo - AT&T Galaxy Note on AT&T - T-Mobile Gal Tab 7.0 Plus on

Mine has a micro usb to connect to phone, usb plug to connect to power adapter, or PC usb port (again, for power), and an HDMI plug to connect to monitor...vs. the OEM Samsung adapter, which has micro usb to phone, and hdmi "female" to have normal HDMI cable connect it to the monitor.

I doubt that mine has any chipset built-in, which could manage the connection, or scale the image. I'm not saying the OEM adapter "does", but given the size, it's possible, making it worthwhile to pay extra. Biy again, I'm not sure if the OEM would behave the same.
Last edited by colnago; March 19th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Mine has a micro usb to connect to phone, usb plug to connect to power adapter, or PC usb port (again, for power), and an HDMI plug to connect to monitor...vs. the OEM Samsung adapter, which has micro usb to phone, and hdmi "female" to have normal HDMI cable connect it to the monitor.

I doubt that mine has any chipset built-in, which could manage the connection, or scale the image. I'm not saying the OEM adapter "does", but given the size, it's possible, making it worthwhile to pay extra. Biy again, I'm not sure if the OEM would behave the same.
colnago, thank you so much for taking the time to help out, however I'm a bit confused on which cable I'm exactly supposed to try out? so I would really appreciate it if you could post some links for whatever cables I'm supposed to buy.
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II
Carrier: T-Mobile

This person couldn't get 1080p to work either.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1958539
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minami00 View Post
colnago, thank you so much for taking the time to help out, however I'm a bit confused on which cable I'm exactly supposed to try out? so I would really appreciate it if you could post some links for whatever cables I'm supposed to buy.
Any cable with an 11-pin micro USB connector. Your best bet is the OEM, directly from Samsung. My guess is that resolution is dependent on the app. Try shooting video in 1080p, and play it via the stock video app...regardless of cable/adapter.
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonetwo View Post
This person couldn't get 1080p to work either.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1958539
Thanks for the link, tonetwo! I guess this person's TV works with both 1080i and 1080p, but they only manged to get the 1080i working?! on the other hand, my TV only works with 1080p, so I guess I will never manage to have it work!
sponsored links
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Any cable with an 11-pin micro USB connector. Your best bet is the OEM, directly from Samsung. My guess is that resolution is dependent on the app. Try shooting video in 1080p, and play it via the stock video app...regardless of cable/adapter.
I bought this cable "Samsung Galaxy S3 & Note II MHL HDMI 1080p HDTV Converter Adapter Cable" instead of having to use 11-pin micro USB connector and it works perfectly well with my 1080i TV, but it didn't work with my other 1080p TV, so I'm starting to think there's really no fix for this problem, and I'm better off with buying another TV than a cable!

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2