Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twister6

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Thumbs up ExoGear ExoMount 2 car mount review with lots of pics!!!

This is a review of ExoGear ExoMount 2 Car Mount holder, EXOGEAR ExoMount 2 - World Best Universal Suction Technology Car Mount for iPhone, Smartphone, GPS

With so many reviews I already posted in this forum, this is a first time I'm going to use "sexy" to describe the product!!! Yes, indeed. But then you be a judge of that while looking at the pictures below! The concept of this car mount is very unique and totally different from other bracket wise-grip style products. Its a grip in a shape of a clip that can easily hold any smart phone including our Note 2 phablet. The clip is attached to a base with universal ball joint which allows rotation in every direction to position your phone in portrait or landscape or any other angle in between, including a wide tilt angle. The material is of an exception quality, made out of a strong reinforced polycarbonate. Combined with a polyurethane grip and reinforced springs, this is one solid piece of car mount which you can leave on your dashboard without worrying of melting under the sun I actually took the clip portion off in one of the pictures below just so you can see details of ball joint connection. A lot of engineering thought vent into this where its not just a typical plastic sphere but actually a special design with a rubber ring in the middle. This will enable rotation without loosening up the joint connection. I mean, this is just a common universal ball joint connection used in most of the car mount and gps mount devices, but in this case it was re-engineered to improve it. Also, a very common problem with other devices where a joint pin can pop out has been addressed with this car mount where the clip pin has 2 round stoppers on each side to keep it from sliding.

But one of the most impressive details of this car mount is it's suction cup base. Soon enough car mount accessory manufacturers started to realize that people want to have an option to attach their car mount not just to the glass or permanently stuck disk on the dashboard. That's when we start seeing introduction of the gel-base suction cups which allow mounting on any textured surface such as most of the modern car dashboards. I have seen and tested a number of different gel-base suction mounts, and found this one to be one of the best!!! Its a combination of gel donut which attaches to any surface and smooth rubber inner part to pull the air out - very clean and nicely executed. Once you attach it, it sticks to any surface in either horizontal, vertical, or upside down position. I have tested and included pictures of it attached to a painted wall, a wooden door, and upside down to the kitchen island counter. Once removed, it leaves no marks, don't even need to wipe anything. And the stickiness of gel is rejuvenated once you rinse it under the water. Basically, you can use it not just in a car, but also at home.

Now, here is something I want to bring up as well. It was already mentioned in this forum about similar looking knock off product you can find elsewhere and as I matter of fact I tested one of those. Let me tell you, it doesn't even come close to this original!!! Every detail of ExoMount 2 from quality of material, to ball joint, spring mount, suction cup, etc. is by far superior in this original product. And considering this is 2nd generation of the mount, Exogear continues to work on improvements. Also, it's awesome they're offering this mount in both black and white, and as you can see it looks great with white Note 2. I think that really makes it stand out when on your dashboard, and nobody going to mistaken this for just another cheap gps stand. Also, by unique nature of the clip, it will allow you to use your phone as a dash-mounted camera without any obstruction. Also, you have a freedom to use ANY case with your phone without taking it off and flexibility of bringing in micro-usb cable from any side.

Overall I'm very impressed with Design and Quality of this product, and can definitely recommend it!!!

Here are the pictures I took around the house and in the car to show you more details:

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
Lennatron (March 23rd, 2013), soulstlr (March 22nd, 2013)
sponsored links
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Disabled

Device(s): og motorola xoom, samsung galaxy note 2
Carrier: sprint

this would also be extremely useful while sitting at my desk working...
thanks for the link and the extensive write-up!
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Yeah, these car mounts with sticky-gel base are starting to cross threshold between car and house. I'm also getting Exogear Tablet S for review. That one should be for the car only and intended for smaller 7"-8" tablets, but can possibly squeeze in Note 2 in semi-bulky case. Will post a review as soon as I get it.
soulstlr likes this.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48
Carrier: T-Mobile (Prepaid)

I love the pic of it under the table lol.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2