Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twister6

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Default Generic PU Leather flip case review w/pics!!!

When the price of the case is $5.74 shipped, you don't have high expectations for it So I figured to give it a shot. With an exception of original Samsung flip case (with battery cover back attachment), I don't have any other flip cases. This one looked different with a brown PU leather texture and a black inner casing holder. I got this case from PU Leather Case for Samsung GALAXY Note2 II N7100 Brown - Tmart.com . Why from this place and not ebay? It's a similar case you can find on ebay, although I haven't seen anywhere light brown color like this, AND this one actually came straight from US warehouse (was shipped from NJ) and got here in a few days. Don't have to wait 3-4 wks for a package from HK.

So, more about the case. The package it came in says "anti-bacterial" and "99.9%". I guess just a bonus. The first surprise is that on Tmart website where it's listed it has white felt lining on the flap cover and inside of the case holder. The one I received had black felt lining, which is another bonus since it will not show dirt. This felt lining is perfect not to scratch the screen and also not to scratch the battery door of the phone once phone is inserted. It actually latches in very securely and will need some force to unlatch it. No worries about falling out of the case. And the plastic itself feels very sturdy. Yes, the flip cover attaches with a magnet but its a very thin magnet on the side of the case and it does NOT interfere with phone/s-pen. I was using s-pen, drawing right along the edge where magnet is and found no issues. I took more close up pictures of it, actually a very clever design.

All port openings are perfectly aligned, and you get access to s-pen (although thumb will not fit there, will need to use index finger for that opening), micro-usb, headphones, and also a cutout for power button. Volume buttons accessible once you flip the case open. Also, speakers, mics, and camera/flash openings all perfect. Furthermore, case opens up and props the phone in a landscape position with adjustable angles since felt lining prevents it from sliding. I would even go as far as saying that it will offer some level of drop protection since inner plastic case holds phone securely and offers corner protection, while flip cover stays attached with a magnet covering the screen if you drop it.

Can't comment on longevity and wear of material, but heck, for $5 plus change it's way more than I expected. Also, I think it comes in different covers as well.

Here comes the pictures:

JimSmith94 likes this.

Advertisements

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
JimSmith94 (March 24th, 2013), Lennatron (December 17th, 2013), Rishathra (November 30th, 2013), stridermt2k (December 7th, 2013), tniceman (March 26th, 2013), YouGonaEatThat (March 22nd, 2013)
sponsored links
Old March 24th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks, just ordered one in black.
Old November 30th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Great review, appreciate it. I also found some screen protectors on there until I can get some better ones going.
Old November 30th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Does it close with a magnet? I have a similar one in red that I quit using. Ppl were having problems with magnets messing up the s pen interaction with the screen.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 01:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

I think it does close with a magnet, but don't actually remember. A work around for the magnetic interference was posted in another thread about cases. Take a piece of foil and make a 4 fold thick shield and put it between the case and the phone.

Wish I could find that post, but it's gotten late somehow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rishathra For This Useful Post:
gbsa (December 2nd, 2013)
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): -Samsung Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Sprint

ldalenny8@gmail.com

Thanks for the awesome review and pics. I'll strongly consider it when I get bored of my current case!

***Lenny***

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2