Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Can't receive MMS messages after 4.1.2 update

I updated my Note2 with the Tmobile update to 4.1.2 and now I can't receive MMS messages. However, I can send MMS messages.

I have spoken with Tmobile support and they were unable to fix the problem and recommended a master reset but I don't want to do that.

Is there a way to roll back to 4.1.1? I have tried making a new APN but that didn't fix the issue. Tmobile said that they have had other Note2 owners reporting the same issue.

Advertisements
cardzplaya is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evohicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 951
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2 Amber Brown, Galaxy Note 3 Jet Black Galaxy Camera 2
Carrier: EE, Unlocked, sim free, European

Thanks: 18
Thanked 156 Times in 123 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardzplaya View Post
I updated my Note2 with the Tmobile update to 4.1.2 and now I can't receive MMS messages. However, I can send MMS messages.

I have spoken with Tmobile support and they were unable to fix the problem and recommended a master reset but I don't want to do that.

Is there a way to roll back to 4.1.1? I have tried making a new APN but that didn't fix the issue. Tmobile said that they have had other Note2 owners reporting the same issue.
Are you using the stock MMS/message app or a different one such as Handcent or Go sms?
evohicks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evohicks View Post
Are you using the stock MMS/message app or a different one such as Handcent or Go sms?
I'm using Go SMS
cardzplaya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evohicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 951
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2 Amber Brown, Galaxy Note 3 Jet Black Galaxy Camera 2
Carrier: EE, Unlocked, sim free, European

Thanks: 18
Thanked 156 Times in 123 Posts
Default

I use Handcent Sms app and after the 4.1.2 update I couldn't receive or send Sms, after checking my app settings, Handcent wasn't set as the default for sending and receiving.
So first port of call would be to make sure your stock messaging app is not default and Go Sms is, by going into the Go Sms settings.
evohicks is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evohicks For This Useful Post:
cardzplaya (April 7th, 2013)
Old April 7th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evohicks View Post
I use Handcent Sms app and after the 4.1.2 update I couldn't receive or send Sms, after checking my app settings, Handcent wasn't set as the default for sending and receiving.
So first port of call would be to make sure your stock messaging app is not default and Go Sms is, by going into the Go Sms settings.
Winner!!! Thank you so much, T-Mobile tech support was no help.
cardzplaya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evohicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 951
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2 Amber Brown, Galaxy Note 3 Jet Black Galaxy Camera 2
Carrier: EE, Unlocked, sim free, European

Thanks: 18
Thanked 156 Times in 123 Posts
Default

No problem at all, glad to help
evohicks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 465
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 92
Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts
Default

I have basically forced myself to learn to like the stock messaging app. Even before the update, ChompSMS did not play nice with my Note 2 at all. Basically the MMS was useless. I could not send them at all. No one would get them. But they would through the stock messaging app.

The 3rd party text apps can be very quirky at times. My advice is if you want it to work flawlessly, stock is the way to go.
Barats is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.