Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Random Service

I recently bought a Galaxy note 2 from craigslist. Its only a couple of weeks old. The issue is, I get connection then I lose it. It's random. I checked my imei and I'm not blocked. My phone is unlocked. I tried both straight talks and tmobile pay as you go. Its the same thing. Holds for a bit then its no service more than I have it. I've tried lost of stuff but no thread I've found seems to have the same issue. Any help would be great.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Going through more settings, I'm getting "Network Not Found" under the status list in About phone. Pretty much anything that has to do with a carrier isn't there. I then went under mobile network settings and looked at "Network Operators". It was set to automatic so I clicked manual. The only option was AT&T. The phone is supposed to be unlocked. I then clicked back to automatic and it's not able to find my provider info.
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, HP Touchpad CM9
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodom85 View Post
I recently bought a Galaxy note 2 from craigslist. Its only a couple of weeks old. The issue is, I get connection then I lose it. It's random. I checked my imei and I'm not blocked. My phone is unlocked. I tried both straight talks and tmobile pay as you go. Its the same thing. Holds for a bit then its no service more than I have it. I've tried lost of stuff but no thread I've found seems to have the same issue. Any help would be great.
This, kind sir, may be your problem. As bad as it is, there are people who will swindle and take you for a ride regardless. Sounds like you have have gotten hosed, sadly.
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): AT&T on Simple Mobile
Carrier: Simple Mobile

WOW sounds just like what I am going thru! Please please if you find an answer please let me know! I just switched over from an iphone4 to a note II last Friday. I bought it from a guy off of craigslist for $400. everything on it worked flawlessly atleast for the entire 30 minutes tht I had it n my hands I literally drove 7 miles to the nearest phone repair store to purchase a couple of data cable for it. I had the phone sitting on their counter and I simply asked them a question about the apn settings. the guy picked up my phone and started typing crap in it and b4 I knew it he had screwed up my new phone it was a Verizon note II tht was unlocked, I am on simple mobile becuz I am a cheap skate. the phone store says tht they take no responsibility for it and know nothing of the software/programming of it. several other places did not want to touch it becuz it had been rooted and they were scared tht they would screw it up. no one in Tulsa, ok seems knowledgeable about this thing! since he screwed it up it gets 'no service' most of the time and on occasion it will get 1 bar maybe 2 if your lucky but no more than tht. most of the time when your lucky enough to get 1 bar the network wont register and wont call out at all. My friend tht has also been my phone repair guy for my iphone4 for years and just recently switched to androids, says he restored it and re rooted it and its still doing the same thing. hes leaning towards a hardware issue antenna, sim slot cuz he is completely stumped as well but I know it is not hardware becuz it worked flawless all the way up to the stupid phone repair store! I am just girl and this is not my lingo at all. I can not afford to take a loss with this phone and put out the $ for another one instead if no one has an option could someone please tell me of maybe a place within U.S tht I might be able to send it to. Id rather have to put out a couple of hundred dollars to someone fixing it than having to put out another $400+ for an entire new phone! Please help!

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2